It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

Great day 3 plans! I love Akershus breakfast. You'll be fine with the character interactions, they're pretty minimal with adults-only groups (or so I've felt).

For SSE, I don't think the time that you're backwards is bad at all. A lot of people I know that have issues just close their eyes.

And Osbourne lights! I'll miss them :(

Eh. I'm not really the murder type. It's the whole being afraid of blood thing.
I was just gonna keep nagging you every few hours until the plans went up.
Oh, good. Nagging I'm okay with. Murder, not so much. :rotfl:

I totally get the face character fear. It's a lot easier when you don't have to see their faces and have whole conversations with them. But you're a princess, and princesses have a lot of responisbilities that aren't always fun.
I do have fun with them! Long as it's brief fun, and they do all the talking. :laughing:

I'm excited for the TR so that I can read all about your princess interactions. Since, y'know, I'll be doing Princess Meal Mania a month later, I want to know what I'm getting myself into!
I'm sure it'll be fine! Having Debby & Mark there will just make me feel less awkward because their attention won't be solely on me. You'll have Beth! We'll both be okay, and safe from the scary princesses! :hug:

Hmm ... I don't have motion sickness, but I do have height problems (and not just because I'm short). It always freaks me out a bit when it turns around and you realize you're at the top and about to go down backwards, but after a few seconds I'm fine. But again, different issue, so I don't know if the reaction will be the same.
I do hope she'll be okay. It is a very gentle descent, and I'll make her ride with me so I can warn her when it's time. ::yes::

Yeah, this might erase the good niece points you're getting for going on IASW. Just saying.
HAHA. Aunt Debby's not a big soda drinker, and that's who I'll have earned the good niece points with on IASW. The Beverly mischief will be more on Uncle Mark. So my points should hold. :rotfl:

I like that name! Because you're picking the oyster, the pearl is just the prize inside the Cracker Jack box.
Exactly!!! :thumbsup2

See, I would have just gone for the Olaf cupcake. But I'm also not a turkey fan.
(And its a moot point because I can't have any of it).
I only got the Olaf cupcake that day because he came with the turkey leg, using a CS credit on the Dining Plan. Score! :goodvibes

Aww, last view of Osborne Lights ... sad. I'm still sad that I'll never get to see them all lit up (last trip I left the day they started).
That is a shame!!! :sad1:

Definietly much deserved - you guys have some super busy (but awesomely fun) sounding days planned!
We sure do! I hope they can keep up with the pace I'll be setting! :moped:

The plans look great (I wouldn't expect anything less)!! As far as your question about motion sickness in SE. It's not so much the backwards part that gets me oozy, but it's the lights/stars above in the one section. I usually just close my eyes at that part. I never used to have any motion sickness issues, but experienced my first problem last year when I went on EE with my husband (the backwards part about killed me). I really hate this because that was definitely one of my favorites, but just not worth that yucky feeling that could interfere with the rest of the day.
Great advice! I'm going to have her sit with me so I can warn it's coming, and let her know in advance that if she starts to feel funny, to close her eyes. Thanks, girl! :cutie: (And there's noooooooooo way she's going on EE, I already know that one's waaaaaaay too much for her!)

My birthday my birthday! And your doing things I loooveee! Ok this ain't about me! Day looks fab! And I love princesses!
YAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON THAT DAY! :D

Now I am not a stalker but your canceling beer garden??????
You're totally a stalker. :tiptoe: And I was holding two bookings that night for Biergarten... One with the CP, and one without. I'm not cancelling them both, just one.

So... 12/10 is the night you were thinking about doing Candlelight Processional, right?
I'm sure you know this already, but ... Ana Gasteyer. I thought of you as soon as I saw that they announced the rest of the narrators.
Eh. She's bugs me less than some other people, but I don't love her.
How does this affect your plans?
Yep! Saw it! Cancelled my CP package ADR! Not interested! :laughing: So just sticking with my regular non-CP ADR, which fits much better into our plans anyhow.

Quickly coming up for air from work and catching up!

But your plans are making me REEEEEALLLLLYYYY excited! That photo of Ohana has me like

:dancer:
YAAAAAY! Welcome back!!! And yes, looking at Ohana pics makes me all :hyper:, too!

I think you should be equally as excited as the Princesses are going to be about meeting you!
Awww, do you really think they will be? I hope so! princess:

No problems at all, I think your Aunt is going to be fine. However, Mission Space Orange team would NOT be OK for your Aunt, and is one attraction that I will never participate in again! I can still handle the Green team though.
Oh nooo, not even Green would be okay for her. I'm going to send her shopping in Mousegears while Uncle Mark and I got hit up Test Track and Mission Space! :cutie:

That's a LOT of stuff! I am sure everyone will enjoy it. AND nothing can beat the osbourn lights.
I'm so happy that I chose a birthday trip instead of a Fall trip this year, because it means getting to see the lights one more time. Really looking forward to it! :santa:

I do hope your OK with the princesses. I always have a blast with them more then the fuzzies. more FUN interactions! I can't wait for you to try it!!! YAY
I'll be okay! I've done in-parks meets with Anna, Elsa, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Ariel, Tinkerbell, Gaston, etc. I was very nervous, but I guess I was more okay with those because they were over quickly. On my solo trip, the thought of having to interact with 5 face characters back-to-back kinda freaked me out, though. :laughing: But I'm sure I'll be fine this time, since I won't feel the pressure of having all of their attention on just me when they each come to our table. And Debby is more of a talker than I am, anyhow. :goodvibes

Yay, more plans!!!!
Lookin like a lot of fun.
Can't wait to read the actual trip report.
I've seen the Beverly mentioned a lot. Seems like Disney rite of passage or something. Couldn't contain my curiousity and had to finally google it. I'm not that brave so I'll pass. But if your aunt and uncle are, would be great to see reaction pics
The trick is that I won't tell them. I'll just wait and have the camera ready. :rotfl:

Hi there - I'm new here (though I've been lurking for awhile :blush: I'm shy even online). Anyway, I came out of hiding to chime in on the motion sickness topic. I don't personally have issues, but I have a friend who was my Disney buddy for a few years (we live in FL so we got annual passes at the same time) who does. As mentioned above, the only place on SE where she had issues was the backwards part, but it was because of the lights overhead and she just closed her eyes. But! She also had an issue on Nemo (I know, what?! It's the tamest ride EVER). It's the part where you "catch" the EAC with Crush, Squirt, and the other sea turtles - the motion of moving sideways in the clamshell while watching the screen really bothered her (just at that part - the rest of the ride was fine)! Since you asked about motion sickness, I thought I'd mention it since who would think FN could be a problem? You might want to warn your aunt to close her eyes if she feels sick at that part! :cutie:

Can't wait to read about the rest of your plans! It sounds like you're going to have a really fun trip!!
Hooray! :welcome: Thanks for the tips on Spaceship Earth and Nemo. I'm really hoping that she does well on both of those, because I reallllllly want her to be able to do SOARIN'! But if she has problems on SE or Nemo, I know there's just no way she'll be able to handle Soarin'. Fingers crossed! :goodvibes

Great day 3 plans! I love Akershus breakfast. You'll be fine with the character interactions, they're pretty minimal with adults-only groups (or so I've felt).
I'm okay with that! They SHOULD spend more time with the kiddos! I'm perfectly happy with just a quick cheerful hello and a photo! princess:

For SSE, I don't think the time that you're backwards is bad at all. A lot of people I know that have issues just close their eyes.
Yes, that's what I'm think. I'll have her sit in my car with me so that I can warn her when it's coming, etc. I think she'll be okay! :-)

And Osbourne lights! I'll miss them :(
Me tooooo! So glad that I get one last time to see them! :santa:

I noticed that but maybe you like Ana whatever :rolleyes1
She's all right, I guess. I'm pretty apathetic about her. I'm also pretty apathetic about the CP in general. I only would go if it was an amazeballs celebrity narrator, that's why I held the CP package ADR until I found out. Then I found out. And more apathy ensued. So... CANCELLED. :rotfl:

She's all right, I guess. I'm pretty apathetic about her. I'm also pretty apathetic about the CP in general. I only would go if it was an amazeballs celebrity narrator, that's why I held the CP package ADR until I found out. Then I found out. And more apathy ensued. So... CANCELLED. :rotfl:

I hear you and feel the same way, someone amazing I would go someone so so not worth it!

Now saying that I'm still skipping and I've got NPH!

I hear you and feel the same way, someone amazing I would go someone so so not worth it!

Now saying that I'm still skipping and I've got NPH!
WHAT?!?!?!!!! ...I am 110% done with you, Lauren. >:( We can't be friends anymore.

(kidding... :hug:)

WHAT?!?!?!!!! ...I am 110% done with you, Lauren. >:( We can't be friends anymore.

(kidding... :hug:)

Not sure I would blame you! I don't really want to be my friend either :rotfl2:

If this trip wasn't sold to DH as for the Osborn lights I would be all over it. Next time next time..... It just means I have to go back with a good narrator

Then we'll be in the car, and I'll be perfectly content with relaxing and letting my uncle navigate the nightmare that is Saturday traffic in Orlando. He's used to driving in metro Atlanta traffic, so he should be able to get us to our destination in one piece and without the anxiety attack I would be having.
Don't ever come to DC then. If Orlando traffic bothers you, you don't even wanna see what I have to navigate through daily ; )

Unbeknownst to me, it turns out that Mark and Debby and huge fans of the films, and when they saw my pics from last year, they thought it was part of Disney and got all super excited about it. I didn't have the heart to tell them that it's totally separate and that a trip over there wasn't on the agenda for this trip
Do they know Harry is at Universal yet or do they just think they're driving to another Disney park in a galaxy far, far away?

Then we will slow-waddle our way back out to the car, and back to AoA for (hopefully) a good night's rest to prepare for the next day.
After that day and meal you're gonna need it ; )

However, I've stuck with it this time for a few reasons: (1) I'm much braver when I'm not alone, so since I'll have companions on this trip, I figured it was now or never. (2) I thought this would be a VERY cool first character meal for my Aunt Debby! So now I'm actually really excited about doing this, instead of really nervous!
Good for you!!!!!

Quick question for anybody with Motion Sickness problems... Does the inclined backwards bit of this ride give you any troubles? (My aunt is extremely sensitive, so I'm little concerned.)
I'm sure others answered this, but I tend to get motion sickness and it doesn't both me in the least.

My most beloved TURKY LEG! (Olaf cupcake optional.) :rotfl:
Is that a Tur-Olaf-Key ; ) Never heard of that combo

Man, I saw the names come out and I thought you were on a Meredith Viera night. Would much prefer her to Ana and her Schweddy Balls ; )

What are you doing for dinner that night instead?

Trying to get caught up here....Your plans sound awesome. And now I can read them with more insider knowledge having just been in the world lol

Aunt Debby has made it VERY clear she wants me to ride it with her. *sigh* There better be a special place in heaven for good nieces like me...

Yup, did this a few times with my DD. Good call on the FP if you have to ride it...you don't want to wait at least.

Columbia Harbor House

I really liked the lighthouse sandwich there...so good!

"Candy Cane Cutie.

Adorable!!

Don't ever come to DC then. If Orlando traffic bothers you, you don't even wanna see what I have to navigate through daily ; )

Shh, don't tell her about our horrible traffic. DC traffic is wonderful, you should come visit. We aren't as one of the top 10 worse places for traffic in the States... Really it has never taken me 6 hours to do the 1 hour drive home from the airport after flying home from India. The traffic is great around here...

I love watching people try Beverly for the first time! When I was in Ga. last week we went to World of Coke in Atlanta and I convinced my 2 nephews to try it- their reactions were priceless :rotfl2: My boys of course knew what was coming and were trying hard to keep straight faces while their cousins drank it......
Not surprised you cancelled your CP package. I think I told you my thoughts on it once. When we saw it with NPH - awesome. With Geena Davis, who I certainly don't hate- eh. IMO the narrator really makes or breaks it.

Quick question for anybody with Motion Sickness problems... Does the inclined backwards bit of this ride give you any troubles? (My aunt is extremely sensitive, so I'm little concerned.)
I get motion sickness on several rides, but not Spaceship Earth. I wouldn't worry about this ride.

And then it'll be time for our intergalactic journey aboard...
Now the Star Wars ride is definitely on my "never ride" list. The bouncing around makes me sick and this is a ride where closing my eyes doesn't help.

There are some parts of Soarin' that makes me just a tiny bit queasy. But I just close my eyes and I'm fine.

Last edited:
Don't worry about that, Kari. If I ever do come to visit DC, you totally get to chauffeur me around town. :D

Do they know Harry is at Universal yet or do they just think they're driving to another Disney park in a galaxy far, far away?
I think they sorta understand now. I'm sure once we're there, they'll get it. :thumbsup2

I'm sure others answered this, but I tend to get motion sickness and it doesn't both me in the least.
Good to know, thanks! :goodvibes

Is that a Tur-Olaf-Key ; ) Never heard of that combo
It was a pretty delicious combo, to be quite honest. :bitelip:

Man, I saw the names come out and I thought you were on a Meredith Viera night. Would much prefer her to Ana and her Schweddy Balls ; )
Bahahahaa. :rotfl:

What are you doing for dinner that night instead?
Still doing Biergarten. I was holding two ADRs there for that night... One one with the CP package, and one without. ;)

Trying to get caught up here....Your plans sound awesome. And now I can read them with more insider knowledge having just been in the world lol
:welcome: I hope you had an AMAZING trip! It seemed like it in your live report!

Yup, did this a few times with my DD. Good call on the FP if you have to ride it...you don't want to wait at least.
I want to spend as little time there as possible, including standing in the queue. :laughing:

I really liked the lighthouse sandwich there...so good!
It's definitely one of best counter service options in MK. I love the lobster roll. YUM. :bitelip:

Shh, don't tell her about our horrible traffic. DC traffic is wonderful, you should come visit. We aren't as one of the top 10 worse places for traffic in the States... Really it has never taken me 6 hours to do the 1 hour drive home from the airport after flying home from India. The traffic is great around here...
Nope nope nope nope nope. :laughing:

I love watching people try Beverly for the first time! When I was in Ga. last week we went to World of Coke in Atlanta and I convinced my 2 nephews to try it- their reactions were priceless :rotfl2: My boys of course knew what was coming and were trying hard to keep straight faces while their cousins drank it......
I think it's an Epcot right of passage! Though they do live in the Atlanta area, and I'm not sure how recently they've been to World of Coke. Hopefully they're not already aware of the "pleasure" of the Beverly! :rotfl:

Not surprised you cancelled your CP package. I think I told you my thoughts on it once. When we saw it with NPH - awesome. With Geena Davis, who I certainly don't hate- eh. IMO the narrator really makes or breaks it.
Yes!!! This!!! Exactly!!! ::yes::

I get motion sickness on several rides, but not Spaceship Earth. I wouldn't worry about this ride.
Oh good!!! I'll just be sure to warn her about the one part! Thank you! :goodvibes

Now the Star Wars ride is definitely on my "never ride" list. The bouncing around makes me sick and this is a ride where closing my eyes doesn't help.
Oh, I'm definitely not putting her on Star Tours, don't worry. That one is just for me and my uncle. :thumbsup2

There are some parts of Soarin' that makes me just a tiny bit queasy. But I just close my eyes and I'm fine.
This is one I meant to ask about in my last post but forgot to. I'll be doing another little one today, so I'll ask for a consensus! Thank you for reminding me! :goodvibes

Here's my take on why the Princesses will be thrilled to meet you - they won't have to try to coax you out from behind your mommy's (or auntie's) legs, you won't be having a temper tantrum because you are over tired and overwhelmed with Disney, and you won't be sassy and rude to them, which they might encounter at some point in their royal duties with children. Since you are going to be well behaved, and appreciative of their beauty and Disneyness, they are going to have a better day because of you, and you will have a better day because of them. Win-Win!
I love this theory!!! princess: And it's true, I may be an overgrown toddler, but at least I'm a (mostly) well-behaved one!

48 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Just sneaking in an update in between my continuing daily plans posts. I have a few things I wanted to share and/or ask about today!

I've had a couple of "milestones" recently, if you could call them that...

Today is my 12-year "DISiversary." Is that even a thing? :confused3 It seems strange that after 12 years here on these boards, I only hit my 4,000th post last week! I do tend to take long hiatuses from here if I don't have a trip I'm actively planning, though. (Guess I'll just have to always have a trip in the works from now on!) :cutie:

Also, yesterday marked 7 WEEKS until this trip commences! That's pretty exciting stuff. :hyper:

ALsQSZ0xntVC0.gif

So as some of you have already commented, the remaining CP narrators were announced on Thursday. YAY! And mine isn't all that exciting. BOO! :rolleyes2 We got Ana Gasteyer. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against her at all. I'm sure she's lovely. Just not somebody I'm willing to make special plans around.

But! At least that meant being able to finalize our itinerary for that night. See, I was holding two Biergarten ADRs for 12/10. One at 4:15pm with the CP package, and one without it at 7:10pm. I went ahead and cancelled the CP package one. I'm not disappointed. I have minimal interest in the Candlelight Processional, I was only holding the ADR because I didn't want to miss it should they schedule an amazeballs narrator for that night. But they didn't. So that made my choice easy. Not to mention that 7:10pm is a much better dinner time for us anyhow, so it's all good. :thumbsup2 I am totally high-fiving myself for thinking strategically on this one.

vBT7tmcliexTq.gif

Also, thank you to everybody who offered feedback regarding potential motion sickness problems during that backwards bit of Spaceship Earth! It's very helpful! :hug: But Sue (@Wood Nymph ) actually mentioned something that reminded me of the BIG ONE on that day that I had meant to ask about...

Soarin'. For those of you with motion sensitivity/sickness, how does this one effect you? I reeeeeeally want Aunt Debby to be able experience this one, just because it's so freakin' incredible. And it's so gentle. But I know it's still a motion simulator, and I wonder if it might be too much for somebody who is sensitive to that sort of thing. I know it has some dips and such, and I wonder how she would do on those. The only thing that makes me sick is spinning things (so no Mission Space Orange, no Primeval Whirl, no Teacups), but beyond that, I have no idea what it's like for ya'll. If ya'll don't mind sharing your experiences, I would greatly appreciate it! :worship:

In a similar vein... I'm curious about chicken exits. Aunt Debby has expressed that she is happy to go through the more interesting queues with Uncle Mark and I for things she can't ride (Tower of Terror, Mission Space Green, Expedition Everest, Star Tours, etc), long as she doesn't have to actually board the ride when we get to the loading platform. I know chicken exits exist, but I've never had to use one. Should we just tell the attendant at the platform when asked how many "2 riders and 1 chicken exit?" How does this work? Do all the thrill rides offer this option? :confused3

ncs7l6H5Bp996.gif

Ya'll, I have a serious shopping addiction problem. I keep going back to Amazon and actively trying to think of more stuff I need for this trip... and I come up with nothing. I've literally bought EVERYTHING that I need. It feels weird. There HAS to be something I've forgotten that needs buying, right??? :laughing:

And one last thing... A friend tagged me on the cutest little video on Facebook yesterday. The Disney-lovers and the dog-lovers amongst you will appreciate this... pug:

Okay, that's it for me for today! I'll be back on Monday with plans for Day 4. I hope ya'll have an AWESOME weekend! :cutie:

Last edited:
I have no idea who your narrator is so good call on cancelling :rotfl2:

Hubby suffers with motion sickness, he can't do anything that spins (tea cups etc) but he has no problems on Soarin (usually, last trip he had one ride that made him a little funny)

Soarin'. For those of you with motion sensitivity/sickness, how does this one effect you?

I can definitely comment on this. I get motion sickness all the time and did not go on Star Tours or Mission Space for that reason. The thing with Soarin' though is that you don't actually move that much. If you start to feel at all queasy - which I did at times - all you have to do is close your eyes and your body realizes that you aren't actually moving, and then you can open them again. It's so worth it to ride this and just tell your aunt that trick. If you feel sick, just close your eyes.

Should we just tell the attendant at the platform when asked how many "2 riders and 1 chicken exit?" How does this work? Do all the thrill rides offer this option?

I can only speak from experience about Tower of Terror - since we totally did this - ie: took the chicken exit. And I'm so glad we did. I was scared that we would get to a "point of no return" so I just mentioned that we wanted the chicken exit to every CM that we saw. On the way into the queue at the start, then when walking into the little pre-show area, then when exiting the pre-show...and then we walked through a queue inside and mentioned it again to the next CM...and then they finally took us into the "chicken exit" which is actually an elevator. So it's kinda funny because they actually told us to cluck like a chicken. When DD just laughed, they said "no really, start clucking" lol. But the funniest thing was that there was another couple people with us in the chicken exit elevator and everyone was all "are you sure this is just a regular elevator?" It was quite funny.

I don't know about other rides - I actually would like to know if there is one of these for Rock n Roller coaster because that one seems like it might be cool to see the queue for and same for Space Mountain and some others...so I'm interested to see if anyone knows the answers to those :))

I went ahead and cancelled the CP package one.
I am one of those people who never pays for free stuff. :rolleyes1 We like to sit outside of the pavilion at the tables near Liberty Inn or at the fountain and people watch while listening to the concerts. It isn't as loud that way. ;)

Soarin'. For those of you with motion sensitivity/sickness, how does this one effect you? I reeeeeeally want Aunt Debby to be able experience this one, just because it's so freakin' incredible. And it's so gentle. But I know it's still a motion simulator, and I wonder if it might be too much for somebody who is sensitive to that sort of thing. I know it has some dips and such, and I wonder how she would do on those. The only thing that makes me sick is spinning things (so no Mission Space Orange, no Primeval Whirl, no Teacups), but beyond that, I have no idea what it's like for ya'll. If ya'll don't mind sharing your experiences, I would greatly appreciate it! :worship:
I know I already said something about Soarin' but I wanted to add a little more. I avoided this ride until just about two years ago. Then I did tons of research and finally felt brave enough to give it a shot. The parts of the ride with the seat lifting up and moving a little to simulate flying don't bother me at all. The fan that blows air in your face is one of the reasons this ride works for me. Like a dog sticking its head out of a car window, fresh air always helps. ;) There are a few parts that really bother me, like the golf course. I always close my eyes for that one. But the majority of the movie is fine for me. I notice that I can handle the ride a little better on a full stomach.

I'm curious about chicken exits.
I've taken the chicken exit for Space Mountain. This one is really easy to do. You get up to the big boarding area and those people who don't want to do the ride are directed to a exit corridor. They have the waiting area set up so that everyone who exits the ride would walk past the members of your party who was sitting the ride out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter