It's Just a 13.1 Mile Walk in the Park - Feb. 2013 (10/9 Finally, It's Done!!)

Thanks! I don't know specifically where I'll be working until I arrive there, but my role is attractions.
I think the 10K will be great! They haven't released a course map, have they? I'm excited to see where it goes. And the medal!
And if you see me, feel free to say hi and let me know you're from the Disboards. :) I had someone come up to me once and they knew my name and everything but I had no idea who they were. I didn't mind, but I felt bad that I was trying to figure out who they were the entire conversation! Eventually they told me because I think I looked very confused. :upsidedow

There's no map on the rundisney site yet but someone posted one on the half marathon thread. I have no idea if it's official or not, but it basically runs through Epcot and the Epcot resorts. I'm really looking forward to it!

I will definitely say hi and let you know who I am :goodvibes.

I think the MK day was probably my favorite day during the trip (I would say the half marathon if I hadn't felt so sick the rest of the day.). It had a lot of random but awesome moments.

I loved being able to walk to MK. I'm a big fan of being able to walk somewhere vs. talking a bus or boat or a monorail. It was especially great when I left after the fireworks since there was the biggest line I've seen to get on the express monorail to the TTC. The resort monorail line might have been shorter but I was so distracted by how long the other line was!
So yeah, being able to walk instead of waiting in a long line when you are tired was awesome.

Hopefully I'll be getting the ToT Ten Miler trip up in the near future, I need to write a few more chapters.

You can most definitely count me in for that one! We're planning a ToT trip for next year so I've been dying to hear all about this year's race! :thumbsup2

There's no map on the rundisney site yet but someone posted one on the half marathon thread. I have no idea if it's official or not, but it basically runs through Epcot and the Epcot resorts. I'm really looking forward to it!

I will definitely say hi and let you know who I am :goodvibes.

I don't think I've seen that. I'll have to check it out!

You can most definitely count me in for that one! We're planning a ToT trip for next year so I've been dying to hear all about this year's race! :thumbsup2

Spoiler Alert (because at the rate I do my TRs, it will take forever to get to the ToT section): it was great! It was definitely improved upon from the year before, and if I can, I would definitely do it again.

Oh my goodness I have finally returned to the DISSSS!!!! I'm terribly sorry that I missed so much action w/ this TR, but I've been busy freaking out about finishing school and such things. Anyway, I of course have comments:

IMG_3801.jpg

I still can't get over this picture. It truly looks like someone painted your likeness on the wall- how did you get up that high???

This is such a COOL photo w/ the spooky clouds rolling in.

OMG the DCA ToT has the loudest screamers EVER!!!! I've never had this problem in WDW, but perhaps I haven't frequented the DHS ToT enough. Once my friend and I accidentally went to DCA on the night of the junior national cheerleading competition they have there, and the queue was INSANE.

LOVE this photo!!

I also can't believe you ordered red velvet pancakes at Kona! I've never seen such a thing there. I wish Disney restaurants had smaller servings, since I can't get doggy bags at WDW. I usually get like 3 meals out of left overs from restaurants- it's crazy.

I can't wait until your new ToT ten miler TR!!! I'm graduating at the end of January, so I will surely be DISing away in celebration!

Oh my goodness I have finally returned to the DISSSS!!!! I'm terribly sorry that I missed so much action w/ this TR, but I've been busy freaking out about finishing school and such things. Anyway, I of course have comments: I still can't get over this picture. It truly looks like someone painted your likeness on the wall- how did you get up that high??? This is such a COOL photo w/ the spooky clouds rolling in. OMG the DCA ToT has the loudest screamers EVER!!!! I've never had this problem in WDW, but perhaps I haven't frequented the DHS ToT enough. Once my friend and I accidentally went to DCA on the night of the junior national cheerleading competition they have there, and the queue was INSANE. LOVE this photo!! I also can't believe you ordered red velvet pancakes at Kona! I've never seen such a thing there. I wish Disney restaurants had smaller servings, since I can't get doggy bags at WDW. I usually get like 3 meals out of left overs from restaurants- it's crazy. I can't wait until your new ToT ten miler TR!!! I'm graduating at the end of January, so I will surely be DISing away in celebration!

So I can't sleep, and when I can't sleep I read the DIS on my phone. And I was surprised to see my TR on the second page! Haha so now I'm replying on my phone because I'm still not tired (even though I was about to fall asleep on my couch two hours ago, go figure) but I've never done that so hopefully it works!

I'm so excited for you, that you're almost done with school! That is a major accomplishment! :D

And yes, not to brag or anything, but I think my Captain EO picture is pretty great. The execution of the jumping was perfect, if I may say so.

Uh, cheerleaders and ToT? That sounds like a horrible idea. I mean, it's nothing against cheerleaders but really, any large group of girls is almost guaranteed to be horribly loud. Though one time, I think it was last July at DCA, my mom and I were seated next to two, big, muscular guys. They screamed the entire time. It was pretty funny.

Oh, and related because ToT, during the ToT Ten Miler trip, my mom and I had the best bellhop ever. Well, best bellhop at DHS, because I think I told you about the amazing bellhop at DCA? Anyway, this bellhop at DHS ToT was superb. She was so "in character" but in a way I've never seen it done before.

And speaking of the ToT Ten Miler, I have no idea when that TR is going to happen. I had such good intentions, took such good notes, and all I have to show for it is the first day and part of the race. :( No promises, but it could happen over my winter break. October and November ended up being busy.

Sooo.... Is that a new ticker I see? :D I definitely want to hear about that!

P.S. I'll be in Disneyland in December.

So I can't sleep, and when I can't sleep I read the DIS on my phone. And I was surprised to see my TR on the second page! Haha so now I'm replying on my phone because I'm still not tired (even though I was about to fall asleep on my couch two hours ago, go figure) but I've never done that so hopefully it works!

HAHA phones are such excellent sleep aides! Personally, I watch country music videos on CMT. I've had "Night Train" stuck in my head for like 2 weeks straight.

I'm so excited for you, that you're almost done with school! That is a major accomplishment! :D

I'm totally freaking out! I have to finish my last paper before Christmas or else I will NOT have a merry Christmas. :cool1:

And yes, not to brag or anything, but I think my Captain EO picture is pretty great. The execution of the jumping was perfect, if I may say so.

Dude, it's got to be in your top 3 DIS photos!

Uh, cheerleaders and ToT? That sounds like a horrible idea. I mean, it's nothing against cheerleaders but really, any large group of girls is almost guaranteed to be horribly loud. Though one time, I think it was last July at DCA, my mom and I were seated next to two, big, muscular guys. They screamed the entire time. It was pretty funny.

I once went on Soarin' w/ like 15 firemen- it was so funny.

Oh, and related because ToT, during the ToT Ten Miler trip, my mom and I had the best bellhop ever. Well, best bellhop at DHS, because I think I told you about the amazing bellhop at DCA? Anyway, this bellhop at DHS ToT was superb. She was so "in character" but in a way I've never seen it done before.

I don't specifically recall this bellhop story! I'd never be able to pull off being a bellhop.

And speaking of the ToT Ten Miler, I have no idea when that TR is going to happen. I had such good intentions, took such good notes, and all I have to show for it is the first day and part of the race. :( No promises, but it could happen over my winter break. October and November ended up being busy.

You simply must post that TR eventually! I think that after I graduate I'm totally going to go DIS wild in my post-grad happiness and will post both a TR for my July trip and this upcoming New Years trip. The July TR will be so late but the Wild Africa Trek photos are so fabulous!

Sooo.... Is that a new ticker I see? :D I definitely want to hear about that!

Yesssss!!!! This trip was put together in the last 2 weeks! Just today I was able to get us into Shades of Green on New Years Eve- they're basically booked solid but I've been stalking their online reservation website and scooped up a cancellation. I'm totally going to post a PTR for this trip in the next day or two.

P.S. I'll be in Disneyland in December.

So exciting!! You'll have to let me know the details and hopefully we can see the trolley holiday show!

You can get it done before Christmas! Listen, if you ever need someone to send you inspirational Disney music for motivation, I am that person. :flower3:
(or I can send a loop of the most annoying Disney music, whatever gets the work done fast.)

I don't care how late the July TR is, I still want to see the Wild Africa Trek photos!

Woah, that is awesome! Good job of stalking! I think I would be intimidated to go on New Years, but I feel you're a pro after going on the 4th of July. :) That'll be so fun! I would love to see the fireworks on New Years Eve someday.

Of course! You can expect a text message from me later today, probably. I'm a little worried about crowds, but these dates work best for me, and plus, airfare was a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter