Its Hot, Hot, Hot

epcot1stfave

DIS Veteran
Here in the Sunshine State. Staying at Saratoga Springs on our first DVC stay and it is brilliant. We had requested a high floor overlooking DTD and that is exactly what we got.
This is the view from our villa.
SaratogaSprings16909005.jpg

SaratogaSprings16909007.jpg

This is the view from the footpath, looking towards our villa.We are on the top floor.
SaratogaSprings16909015.jpg

Having a lazy Sunday after two late nights at Epcot and MK. Contrary to other reports I have seen, the buses have been regular apart from Thursday afternoon when all the buses were taken out of service due to a security scare. Disney dealt with this in their usual efficient way and everything was soon back to normal. :goodvibes

Hiya.

What section are you in at SSR.

We are due to check in in just short of 3 weeks and was considering requesting the Grandstand section as I hear the pool in that area is great for children but would welcome been based close to DTD.

We have a number or ressies at restaurants in DTD and would love to be able to walk to and fro without needing the car :)

How hot is it? We will be arriving at this time next year.
How is the humidity? That was what really wiped us out last year.

how lucky wot a fab view:yay:

would love to see more photos as we are staying at saratoga next year:thumbsup2

What a great view! What building are you in? We are staying there in about 10 weeks time and would love a view like that!

we're here now, checked out of SSR this morning and in AKV right now, to the person who asked what the temp is like, its really HOT and very humid right now. it seemed to be even hotter this morning but its clouded over now so not as bad

We are in Congress Park which we asked for as well as a high floor which we also asked for. The room numbers start at at 1101 -1436 and the other building which should have good views the room numbers start 2101 - 2436. These are the nearest to DTD if you want to walk. There is a pool with a play area for children.
The Grandstand is the furthest away to walk to DTD but it is the first stop for the buses. The tempratures are in the low 90s and it has cllouded over. Will post pictures of the pool area later. :)

to the person who asked what the temp is like, its really HOT and very humid right now. it seemed to be even hotter this morning but its clouded over now so not as bad

Oh no, I can't stand the humidity, it absolutely wipes me out. Let's hope it clears soon for you.

Great photos!! Thanks for sharing!
Its great to see DTD from SSR - such a different view!

I hope some that 'hot weather' stays another 7/8 weeks..... can't wait for that Florida sunshine!!

Tracy xx

As promised here are some shots of some of the pool areas

The play area at Congress Park which is next to the pool.

SaratogaSprings20909111.jpg

The pool at Congress Park.

SaratogaSprings20909110.jpg

The main pool.

SaratogaSprings20909104.jpg

SaratogaSprings20909105.jpg

The pool at the Grandstand.

SaratogaSprings20909107.jpg

The Childrens splash area at the Grandstand.

SaratogaSprings20909108.jpg

Some of the rooms at the grandstand are near the pool area and these rooms are also close to the main pool/dining and Check in etc. There is a ferry service which runs to DTD and this is behind the Check in building.

How hot is it? We will be arriving at this time next year.
How is the humidity? That was what really wiped us out last year.

Oh no, I can't stand the humidity, it absolutely wipes me out. Let's hope it clears soon for you.

those are great photos!:thumbsup2 we are staying in a villa just off the 192 and blimey isn't it hot :woohoo: 93 degrees again and i would say the humidity isnt as bad as it is in July/August though :thumbsup2

As promised here are some shots of some of the pool areas

The play area at Congress Park which is next to the pool.

SaratogaSprings20909111.jpg

The pool at Congress Park.

SaratogaSprings20909110.jpg

The main pool.

SaratogaSprings20909104.jpg

SaratogaSprings20909105.jpg

The pool at the Grandstand.

SaratogaSprings20909107.jpg

The Childrens splash area at the Grandstand.

SaratogaSprings20909108.jpg

Some of the rooms at the grandstand are near the pool area and these rooms are also close to the main pool/dining and Check in etc. There is a ferry service which runs to DTD and this is behind the Check in building.

I would be interested to know what time of day you took these pictures... the pools are empty! Lucky you!

this makes me very very excited to see these pictures

I would be interested to know what time of day you took these pictures... the pools are empty! Lucky you!

Hi, it was about 7pm when these were taken, still hot though :thumbsup2
Just got back from AK and now getting ready to go to Epcot, really glorious weather although there was a heavy shower earlier, but that has gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter