It's gonna take a lot to take me away from this view! 7/10 - Finished!

And may I now make a pitch for my beloved Beach Club resort???

OK, no beautiful animals from the balcony, but you can make the trip to your room and back again to your Illuminations spot in about 20-25 minutes.

Loved the way you presented the updates. Nothing better than having your texts documenting your journey!

The Illuminations pictures are gorgeous!

Love the sidewalk light pictures, too.

Can't wait to "see" what tomorrow brings.

Wow. What an adventure. Relatively speaking you made great time. To get all the way from Epcot over to AKL and back in about 90 minutes is pretty impressive considering you had to get to your room and replace your contacts.

I don't know overall how bus service was for you that week but it was pretty sketchy for us. A lot of 20+ minute waits for us. Buses were generally quite crowded too for us.

Ok, I'm still very impressed with your 90 minute mark of a round trip from World Showcase to AKL!! That's actually really good! :thumbsup2

I had a contact lens issue once in Vegas while we were walking up and down the Vegas Blvd. I ended up losing the one lens so walked back to the hotel room with this really bad distorted vision that you only get with having one lens in one eye or when sitting at the optometrist chair and trying to figure out if "1" or "2" looks better. :rotfl:

Great pictures of Illuminations!! Those came out really good!

Wow I am surprised you made it back in time! Awesome, but I am tired reading that...lol

Great pictures!!

[

In a perfect world, the plan was to end up in Canada around 7 (Mission: Accomplished.) Then grab our favourite spot for the fireworks and have a seat, get comfy and maybe get some popcorn to wait for IllumiNations.

But ladies and gentlemen, this is not a perfect world.

As you may remember, my left contact was falling apart in my eye. Being a lover of the "No Bag Line", I had no spare contact, nor did I have my glasses. I thought I could wait it out, but I was wrong. I was going to run for the resort.

I power walked and broke into the occasional jog. Got to the room, had a lot of trouble getting the contact out and by the time I got it, it was in two pieces. Ripped the other one out, put my glasses on, debated grabbing my tripod but decided against it, sent this as I was on my way, running again.

Oh my word, I love the play by play! I seriously need to remember that for TR's as it can be hysterical!!! I cannot believe you left that thing in your eye! You can scratch your cornea when it is ripped like that. OW!!!! This is why I have Rx sunglasses. Even when I could wear contacts and had a lovely collection of sunglasses, I always had a backup of Rx ones. Not that it would help you at night but...

You got some lovely rockpod shots I think, and you made it!

I agree... the I miss you just sold it all. :goodvibes what a great update!

I'll lick the whip cream dry though. :)

Where's the tag fairy when you need them?

Wow. What an adventure. Relatively speaking you made great time. To get all the way from Epcot over to AKL and back in about 90 minutes is pretty impressive considering you had to get to your room and replace your contacts.

I don't know overall how bus service was for you that week but it was pretty sketchy for us. A lot of 20+ minute waits for us. Buses were generally quite crowded too for us.
I really thought I could do it a lot faster. I was shocked at how long it took! We found the bus service really, really bad that week, compared to all of our previous trips. We were surprised! But we had to wonder if the difference was the time of year or the resort. :confused3

Ok, I'm still very impressed with your 90 minute mark of a round trip from World Showcase to AKL!! That's actually really good! :thumbsup2

I had a contact lens issue once in Vegas while we were walking up and down the Vegas Blvd. I ended up losing the one lens so walked back to the hotel room with this really bad distorted vision that you only get with having one lens in one eye or when sitting at the optometrist chair and trying to figure out if "1" or "2" looks better. :rotfl:

Great pictures of Illuminations!! Those came out really good!
Haha I was NOT impressed! I really didn't think it would take me that long at all.
Oh no! I managed to keep the contact in and in one piece so I could see a little, I debated taking it out but figured a little blurry was better than a lot.
And thanks!

Wow I am surprised you made it back in time! Awesome, but I am tired reading that...lol

Great pictures!!
I really thought it wouldn't have taken me so long, but I guess I did do a really long loop around the whole property. I shouldn't complain. :lmao:

Oh my word, I love the play by play! I seriously need to remember that for TR's as it can be hysterical!!! I cannot believe you left that thing in your eye! You can scratch your cornea when it is ripped like that. OW!!!! This is why I have Rx sunglasses. Even when I could wear contacts and had a lovely collection of sunglasses, I always had a backup of Rx ones. Not that it would help you at night but...

You got some lovely rockpod shots I think, and you made it!

I agree... the I miss you just sold it all. :goodvibes what a great update!

Where's the tag fairy when you need them?
Hahaha since I didn't have any pictures, I thought the texts/play by play would add a little entertainment value.
The contact wasn't yet ripped while I left it in my eye, it was just getting really fuzzy, so I left it in. It only ripped when I took it out. I was nervous about damaging my eye so I was ready to take it out if it got worse. I was walking a fine line! :rotfl: I was wishing I'd had lasik the whole time I was walking. :rotfl2:

Well I'm glad you made it back on time to see Illuminations (literally) :rotfl2:
Me too!

Epcot really can be creepy when you are walking through future world after dark. I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that.

Sometimes bus service just takes forever. But even when we drove last time, we never took our car to the parks. It was nice to let someone else drive.

Epcot really can be creepy when you are walking through future world after dark. I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that. Sometimes bus service just takes forever. But even when we drove last time, we never took our car to the parks. It was nice to let someone else drive.

I never minded Epcot before, but alone and half blind was kinda freaky.
I've never wanted a car, parking and navigating and all, but that day I sure was wishing I had one!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Jeez....:yay:

I think anyone who's stayed on property knows how long it takes to leave a park and get back to your room. And that's not even counting being in the largest park all the way on the other side and staying at one of the farthest away resorts.

I have to give you credit for making it to your room and back before IllumiNations began. Very impressive. I have no doubt I would've just gone back and stayed. :rotfl2: But I'm glad it worked out and you had a nice viewing spot that you could rest and relax at and enjoy the show. :thumbsup2

Jeez....:yay:

I think anyone who's stayed on property knows how long it takes to leave a park and get back to your room. And that's not even counting being in the largest park all the way on the other side and staying at one of the farthest away resorts.

I have to give you credit for making it to your room and back before IllumiNations began. Very impressive. I have no doubt I would've just gone back and stayed. :rotfl2: But I'm glad it worked out and you had a nice viewing spot that you could rest and relax at and enjoy the show. :thumbsup2
I never even thought about it being the largest park! At least we were already in Canada and not the American pavilion, I wouldn't have made it in time! :rotfl2:
I debated just going back, we originally had another Epcot day planned. Glad I made it back though because it turned out to be our only IllumiNations opportunity.

I'm glad you enjoyed Via Napoli. We'll be trying it for the first time on our trip this June. We always try to eat someplace new every trip. We've got two new to us restaurants this trip, also trying T Rex this time.

I LOVED Saving Mr. Banks! It was wonderful and I definitely teared up a few times.

Terri

I'm glad you enjoyed Via Napoli. We'll be trying it for the first time on our trip this June. We always try to eat someplace new every trip. We've got two new to us restaurants this trip, also trying T Rex this time.

I LOVED Saving Mr. Banks! It was wonderful and I definitely teared up a few times.

Terri
I hope you like Via Napoli as much as we did! We loved T-Rex too for that matter.

I never even thought about it being the largest park! At least we were already in Canada and not the American pavilion, I wouldn't have made it in time! :rotfl2:
I debated just going back, we originally had another Epcot day planned. Glad I made it back though because it turned out to be our only IllumiNations opportunity.

Technically speaking, Animal Kingdom is the largest park.

pixiedust:

Hi everyone!

Elsa was here (as Rob says) and that means I have a snow day! Not a real snow day; my scheduled day off was tomorrow and we moved it to today so I didn't have to come in during a blizzard (No exaggerations, we literally have a blizzard warning!)

blizzard.jpg

The wind is just picking up and I'm staying in and nice and cozy with all my critters. And of course, all my friends here on the Dis!

Speaking of Elsa, I FINALLY saw Frozen! 3 failed attempts to go see it in the theatre (once I actually got there, paid for the ticket and sat in the theatre, but due to technical difficulties nothing was playing that morning! :headache: ) I finally gave up and found it online and watched it at home. It was great! Of course I loved "Let it Go". Has anyone seen this amazing cover? Not that I don't love Idina Menzel's voice, but this violin rendition is literally enough to bring me to tears.

Onward!

It's the start of Day 2!

Wednesday, November 13
"No Ordinary Toast"

6:30am. My eyes fluttered open and in the darkness it took me less than a second to remember where I was and the view right outside my curtains. I jumped out of bed and pulled the curtains back and --

OW!

Oh my gosh I think I'm dying or something! Why do my legs and hips and back hurt so bad!?

OH!

I power walked through Epcot last night.

Also it's dark and I can't see any animals.

Might as well get the hottest shower I can stand to try to ease my aching body!

Johnny was having a sleepy morning, but we had to get up and moving because we had places to be.

We got to the bus stop early and waited a while for our bus. We got on, drove and ended up here:

But that wasn't our final destination. Up the monorail ramp we went and then to here:

The Polynesian! We had an ADR for breakfast. We checked in at 8:20 for our 8:30 ADR and were seated quickly. So quickly in fact that after we got our buzzer, Johnny had to run to the restroom and I was seated before he got back!

Our waiter was very friendly, very casual and to the point, and we didn't waste any time ordering -- we knew what we wanted!

Short wait for our food...

(Playing with the UV filter from my lens, if you're wondering what that is!)

After not very long at all our wonderful waiter brought us two plates of...

YUM! Best breakfast ever!! This is no ordinary toast. Filled with banana, rolled in cinnamon, topped with strawberry compote.

url

But again, as would be a pattern for the whole trip, I was only able to eat about 2/3 of my Tonga Toast. The taste was too strong for me somehow. I thought this was getting weird, but Johnny was happy to finish it off. :thumbsup2

Our waiter was very quick to bring us our check and we settled and were off to the monorail again. This time we really were heading to the Magic Kingdom.

Had to stop for some Photopass Pictures on the way in!

GLASSES today, no contacts! (It was cloudy anyway!)

When we walked in the gates (oh, Magic Bands worked perfectly for us again!) we were greeted with a show. These lovely dancers were just gearing up for a performance and we had front row seats! We got right in the middle and sat on the curb to watch.

It was a Christmas show with Christmas songs, and it was adorable and a perfect way to start a day at the Magic Kingdom.

We loved it!

We had nowhere to be and no FP+ scheduled until later in the day, just in case we were much later at Kona, so we wandered around taking in some of the Christmas decorations.

And getting our pictures taken as well.

(So weird that this feels like yesterday, but Christmas is now almost a month behind us!)

Sweater and scarf in Disney. First time ever for me! Last time we went in November it was hot during the days. Even the FL resident CMs were telling us it was unseasonably cold that week.

A kind stranger offered to get a picture of the two of us together:

He had to double check how to use my camera, but once he got a few pictures of us he seemed a little reluctant to give it up. I think I just converted a new photographer!

We offered the same service to him and his family. We had a lot of that this trip -- friendly strangers everywhere!

So pretty!

(continued in next post)

Being in that area I finally remembered to go looking for something I've always wanted to see but never knew exactly where to find.

Found it!

Not that it's hard to find, just in a spot I've never walked right over to before.

Such a cute statue. Like the two best sidekicks just chillin' together on the sidelines, happy to let the stars have their statues front and center.

I wanted to sit with Minnie and Roy :goodvibes

More Christmas decorations!

And PP pics!

I spotted a couple trying to take a selfie in front of the castle so I offered to take their picture. They then offered to do the same for us. Another quickie lesson in my camera and we got this one:

:thumbsup2

We hit up every Photopass Photographer we could see.

We meandered in around the hub for a little more picture taking. Sorry if this is boring you, we were in photography mode that morning!!

Then we decided that it was time to hit some rides! We had been in the park for much too long without riding anything. Where do you think we were going?

Oh wow!! I love all of your photos of Main Street and all of the little details! One day when we go adult only, I'll be able to stroll down Main Street and enjoy it like you did instead of running to the next ride!! :rolleyes1

Your photos are amazing as usual!! I think you are headed to Haunted Mansion or maybe Hall of Presidents!

Yup, Elsa is here and she clearly has the gloves off.

YAY Frozen. I am totally killing the soundtrack.

Oh no, that power walking had some lingering effects. I did that power walk a few times too. Not fun.

Wow, that Tonga Toast sure is popular. It would have to be for be to bypass MK, even for a bit.

Oh I love the little trolley shows so much. Shame more people don't stop to watch (sometimes), but better for me. It's just so Magic Kingdom.

Ahh the Roy Statue. It would be easier to find if they'd stop moving it.

Bahaha you can always spot the Canadians. Long sleeve shirts, scarves... and shorts. :thumbsup2

Wendy, you will never bore anyone with your photos. Trust me!!! Ahhh so pretty.

I'm thinking Haunted Mansion up next. popcorn::

I prefer Disney with a sweatshirt on, to be honest. Although the night I was there and it was 43 was a bit much! :scared1:

If by boring us with pics you mean, posting awesome pics that I want to steal and use as PC backgrounds, then sure, you're boring me. :rotfl:

I'm guessing... Haunted Mansion? Ack! 24 days until I get to ride!

Love the Trolley Show on Main Street! I caught it for the first time in October.

You know, every trip I vow to find the bench with Roy and Minnie and every time I fail to remember to look for it. Making another mental note right now. We'll see if it sticks. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter