It's gonna take a lot to take me away from this view! 7/10 - Finished!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by teekathepony, Nov 27, 2013.

1. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

Now that I've actually been there, I have to say don't let it slip off your list next time! Haha well worth it.

Ahh we shall see! It's a funny tale and I have it ready for tonight or tomorrow. :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

Well I do hope you'll be just as impressed as he was!~

You should give it a 5 star priority rating. :thumbsup2

4. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

:welcome: Cynthia! So glad to see you! Not too late at all, I'm still on day 1 ;)

I was soooo happy we finally got to Via!
    I've often thought about Lasik, but to be honest I really like my glasses! I still debate it every once and a while though. You know, like that night in Epcot!

Ohhh yes, if we were off site I would have just had to go blind too! Good thing to write down. :thumbsup2

We're in that weird minority that love the Disney pizza, but absolutely nothing compares to that Via pizza! Yum!

5. geckodani

geckodani DIS Veteran

Ah! Contact issues are the worst! I carry a spare in my purse with me. I also can't stand my glasses, so there's that. :3dglasses

Via Napoli... I now have the urge to add that to my list!

6. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

I love my glasses mostly, but when I'm in the bright sun all the time I'd rather have sunglasses on over my contacts, so much easier (unless one disintegrates in your eye!! :headache: )

7. PopArtGal

PopArtGal Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I didn't realize they were selling Tim' coffee in the gift shop now.

8. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

Via Napoli is absolutely delicious. One of my favorite restaurants in Disney. And I think I'd have to agree with Johnny. All other pizzas pale in comparison now. :rotfl2:

Amazing photos from the Japan pavilion. Can I just say? If I ever won the lottery and became super rich, I think I'd have to offer you a trip to Disney just to be our photographer. :lmao:

Yikes, not a convenient time to have your contact fall apart. Hopefully, you could get your glasses in time!

9. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

I thought that was so cool, finally something typically Canadian in the gift shop!

10. PopArtGal

I do like the soaps in the gift shop though hehe

11. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

Hi again!

Just popping in to finish off a story I left you all hanging with. I won't waste any time getting to it!

Tuesday, November 12
    "The Case of the Disappearing Contact Lens"

I just left you all somewhere around here:

[​IMG]

In a perfect world, the plan was to end up in Canada around 7 (Mission: Accomplished.) Then grab our favourite spot for the fireworks and have a seat, get comfy and maybe get some popcorn to wait for IllumiNations.

But ladies and gentlemen, this is not a perfect world.

As you may remember, my left contact was falling apart in my eye. Being a lover of the "No Bag Line", I had no spare contact, nor did I have my glasses. I thought I could wait it out, but I was wrong. I was going to run for the resort.

I took no photos during this time, but I will entertain you with my texts to Johnny. And gifs.

I'm running through Epcot to get to the bus stop. It's 7:00 when I left.

[​IMG]

Ok maybe I was power walking. But you get the picture. It took me 12 minutes to get from Canada to the AKL bus stop. Someone more than 5 feet one inch could probably have done it in 9. :rotfl2: I got there and was the only person there, making me think a bus had just left. I sat myself down and sent these:

[​IMG]

(My phone is showing our home time for some reason, it was 7:13 when I sent them. Also... let's see if my prediction was right!)

Lots of waiting of course.

[​IMG]

My notes say the bus left at 7:25, meaning a 12 minute run through Epcot and a 13 minute wait for the bus.

We got to Kidani first at 7:40. I did some more texting and it didn't take too long before we were headed to Jambo, got there at 7:44.

I power walked and broke into the occasional jog. Got to the room, had a lot of trouble getting the contact out and by the time I got it, it was in two pieces. Ripped the other one out, put my glasses on, debated grabbing my tripod but decided against it, sent this as I was on my way, running again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made it to the bus stop at 7:50 and sat to wait.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally got on the bus. I was the only person on the bus. We didn't wait too long and we were on our way again. [8:04] I was quietly making trip report notes in my phone. The bus driver teased me a few times about being too rowdy and that he was going to have to kick me off the bus. I teased back and we passed the time. When we were pulling up to the bus stop he said "That's it! I've had enough of you! You're getting off at the next stop!" and when we pulled up and he opened the door he said "Now get out and don't be so rowdy!" There was a crowd waiting and they laughed.

I texted Johnny that I was on my way back.

[​IMG]

Running back through Epcot!

[​IMG]

I made it back at 8:30. An hour and a half to get to the hotel and back. Yikes! In that moment I realized that not all bus service is created equal.

BUT! I was back. I was in time. I could see.

I had no tripod. I decided to balance my camera on the uneven rocks. It worked... ok. Here's what I got:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little off centered for sure. But I enjoyed the show, and to me that was all that mattered!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taa daa!

After my insane power walk, my legs were feeling a little wibbly wobbly so we took our good old fashioned time walking out of Epcot. We stopped to look at the sidewalk lights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When the crowds were mostly gone we headed out. One last picture and then I basically collapsed.

[​IMG]

Bus line, short wait, bus, home, and collapse in bed. See you tomorrow!

12. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Darn girl - I'm exhausted just thinking about all that rushing around. I'm glad you made it back in time. Illuminations is always worth it!

I think the rocks worked great as a tripod. Nice!

13. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Wendy, all that rushing and fretting and you made it!! Whew! It makes your fabulous Illuminations photos that much sweeter. They are incredible! Bummer that you had to even do that side trip.

Going back and catching up from earlier in the day... I'm a big Via Napoli fan but when we were there last month I had no one to share a pizza with so I had to forgo it for the first time! I like the zeppoles but not the chocolate sauce. I'll lick the whip cream dry though. :)

I loved your photos with all the details from Italy and Morocco. You are a master with your camera! :thumbsup2

14. ZehnJahren

ZehnJahren DIS Veteran

Wow what an update! SO. MUCH. RUNNING. I can't believe that it took 1 1/2 hours round trip, but at the same time it only took 1 1/2 hours! AKL is the farthest resort, right?

I think this was the day we "passed" each other after Illuminations. I'd watched on the Mexico boat dock with my CM friend and had no idea such drama was unfolding across the lagoon! lol!

I'm definitely looking forward to having a car this trip and not have to worry about buses. It makes me a little crazy too because I'm afraid it will get dinged up, but that is so rare and I have insurance through both my credit card and my regular car insurance.

Anyway, so glad that you made it back! What a great story! :)

15. PopArtGal

Wow! You're a trooper.

I'd have stayed at the hotel after seeing it was taking me that long hehe

16. JulieODC

JulieODC DIS Veteran

Whoa, craziness!!

We discovered the sidewalk lights for the first time on our trip in November - DD had an absolute blast running around the lights!

17. DisneyKid4Life

DisneyKid4Life DIS Veteran

Oh God this was such an interesting adventure to read along with and then I get to Johnny's text... "I Miss You" :love: And I'm done.

Haha, love the interaction with the bus driver.

Um yeah, I think the tripod was unnecessary. Beautiful photos Wendy!!

18. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

I was so tired, I walked as fast as I possibly could that night! Hahaha
    The rocks worked, they stayed still and better yet -- I didn't have to carry them! :rotfl2:

19. geckodani

geckodani DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm tired just reading about that! :faint: I'm so glad you made it though!

20. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

I seriously considered it, but it was my only chance for IllumiNations on this trip so I hoofed it back!

We saw a few families with kids there having a blast, they're so cool!

21. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

I'm tired just remembering it! :rotfl2: