A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

Namaste, y'all, and happy Friday! :lovestruc

Namaste, lady! You look great as a mermaid. I got notice that mine have shipped and I'm ridiculously excited. I'm hoping these ship a bit quicker than my last order did. I'm impatient!!!

It is GORGEOUS @Ariel484!!

So be honest, did you rush ship that?!?
Or, do you get them quicker as an Ambassador? I can see why they would want to get them in the hands of the Ambassadors as quickly as possible so you can start spreading the good InB word!!

Yeah, I posted on instagram that those damn capris are going to make me not wait to have inknburn be a reward for a future date. They are adorable! and I love @BigEeyore 's idea of a raw threads mermaid shirt. I'm thinking the leg day one would be fun with mermaid legs!

It is GORGEOUS @Ariel484!!

So be honest, did you rush ship that?!?
I knoooow! So pretty!!

I did NOT rush ship! I never have on an order from them, except that I realized that I accidentally did choose that option for the April 1st stuff...oops!
Oh lawdy those mermaid carpis...I swooned when I saw them! I quickly realized they were going to disappear fast, so I lovingly sat my husband down at the computer and pointed to the mermaid capris and said "here ya go - for mother's day!". I don't really wear capris, I usually run in skirts (or running tights if it's cold) but I could not pass these beautiful pants up! I didn't get the abalone top, I have a purple running tank that will match great, and I was also thinking about getting one of the Raw Threads mermaid shirts to go with them. I've basically been thinking about those mermaid capris WAY too much...
That is an awesome Mother's Day gift! ::yes:: I think they're actually out of sizes 8, 10, 12 and 14, so they are definitely getting snatched up!

I sent a pic to Mr. A and then threw them in the washer...when he came home he commented that he was surprised I wasn't wearing them. :upsidedow So apparently I have been thinking/talking about them a lot, too! :)
Your Wine and Dine trip plans are coming together nicely! You will love the Poly - stayed there for Dopey in January and it was amazing! That is a great list of ADR's! Save some room on the schedule to eat and drink your way around Epcot too. We were just there for Flower and Garden and they have food booths for that now too - everything was yummy!
Oooooh yay!! Glad to hear it! I was reading through the master Poly thread in the resorts section and I'm so glad we waited to stay there until all of the construction was done! Was it done by the time you were there?

You bring up a good point about saving the room on the schedule for Epcot, I'm really wondering if we need to drop an ADR or two for that. :scratchin HMMM...
Really looking forward to hearing about Tink! Are you going to do a separate trip report for that?
I think I am! I didn't do one when we went in December and I DO like writing them...I'll just need to make sure I take my good camera!
Namaste, lady! You look great as a mermaid. I got notice that mine have shipped and I'm ridiculously excited. I'm hoping these ship a bit quicker than my last order did. I'm impatient!!!
Thanks!! OOOOH YAY, you will love them!!

This one sat in the dreaded "pre-shipment" phase for a couple of days before they moved - so not the slowest but definitely not the fastest. :confused3 But I'm glad they're here so I can wear them in Disneyland!
Or, do you get them quicker as an Ambassador? I can see why they would want to get them in the hands of the Ambassadors as quickly as possible so you can start spreading the good InB word!!
We don't get them quicker, but we do get to pre-order them. I looked back and I ordered mine back on April 8. We get a 2ish day window where we can pre-order, and then they start production.

I think ideally they want us to receive our orders before they put new stuff on the website so that we can take pictures in them and share on Facebook, Instagram, etc. :)
Yeah, I posted on instagram that those damn capris are going to make me not wait to have inknburn be a reward for a future date. They are adorable! and I love @BigEeyore 's idea of a raw threads mermaid shirt. I'm thinking the leg day one would be fun with mermaid legs!
They are!! OMG that "leg day" shirt would be perfect - perfect Princess Half outfit right there!

Well, fudge (except I'm not saying fudge). All the sizes I could even pretend to sit into are sold out. I was so totally committed to buying the capris and everything. Seems anti-climatic now. :sad1:

Well, fudge (except I'm not saying fudge). All the sizes I could even pretend to sit into are sold out. I was so totally committed to buying the capris and everything. Seems anti-climatic now. :sad1:
Noooooo

There are stores that will get them. Ultra Running Conpany out of Charlotte and The Runner Center (multiple locations in California) may be worth checking.

I knoooow! So pretty!!

I did NOT rush ship! I never have on an order from them, except that I realized that I accidentally did choose that option for the April 1st stuff...oops!

:flower3: I didn't think you did really, but man you sure got them fast! Didn't they just post them last week?

And I am so glad I didn't have the idea that @BigEeyore had with the raw threads shirt to go with the capris--I have enough addictions for right now!! Although I did order the mystery hoodie, so any ideas on when it will be finished?!? Have they shipped the tracksuits yet--I don't think they have b/c I haven't seen any pictures yet.

And one more thing--I know you probably posted it but I'm thinking with the new capris, maybe your Tink outfits have changed? Do tell!!

@Ariel484 I love the Mermaid capris. Very, very pretty.

I can't quite believe that we're staying there. It's been on our list for about 5 years now, and I don't think either of us thought it would every actually happen. Not sure when it'll hit me! This will be our first stay there...the one trip I took as a child, we stayed at All-Star Sports, and Mr. A's parents prefer the Wilderness Lodge, so that's where he stayed for childhood trips (we need to get there at some point, too!).

Your room sounds PERFECT!! I'll need to research the layout of the resort at some point when I get close to online check-in...being close to the TTC is a big priority for us!

He is a high school math teacher. Since he was the newest teacher for quite awhile, he was stuck with the more - shall we say - unmotivated kids for his classes, so that was tough for him so many years in a row (trying to motivate kids that just don't care every day was really wearing on him). After 5 or so it seemed to me like he'd paid his dues and that his co-workers needed to pitch in, so I really ragged on him to speak up and ask for some more challenging classes. His co-workers were more than willing to shuffle things around. So he's still got some of the classes that he's had for a few years (2-3 sections of a math class for seniors that don't like match, but they need it to graduate), but he also gets the occasional Honors Geometry and Pre-Calculus classes as well. I think it's really changed his mood a LOT and has revitalized his love for teaching. :)

He also coached tennis for 5ish years but recently stopped that - he loves teaching and he loves tennis, but he loves PLAYING tennis more than coaching it. It was so much time and he really didn't get a lot of extra pay for it. :confused3

Yeah, the rain did suck, but there was definitely a feeling of, "I am SUCH a bad@$$!" when it was done, so that was satisfying in a way that I didn't expect when I first signed up for the race.

Yes, I was! I used to feel like I didn't get many injuries, but that definitely hasn't been the case over the past couple of years. :mad: Some kind of weird foot strain...ugh!

I would LOVE for 2016 to go off without a hitch. ::yes:: I've had 2 less-than-stellar Wine & Dine experiences, so I need this one to go well! Otherwise I'm going to accept that this weekend is cursed for me and just give up on it!

Yes, had to take advantage of our location! :) I definitely see some Tonga Toast, 'Ohana noodles and bread pudding, and visits to Trader Sam's in my future! :banana:
The room definitely was perfect! The one thing that someone might complain about though was that because it was so close to the TTC, we could see the ferryboat dock and as a result hear the horns as they came in. We thought this might bother us late at night, but fortunately we were all always so exhausted after our days in the parks that it did not become an issue. :)

I'm glad that things turned around for your husband and that he stuck through some difficult years and ended up getting some different classes. I understand the hardships with trying to teach students that are unmotivated and don't care. I am a Math support interventionist, and even though it's only at the elementary level as opposed to high school, the kids on my caseload are the same types of students who struggle and don't really care about school. It's tough, and sad that even kids that young are developing that kind of mindset. :( I can't imagine teaching tennis or a sport on top of teaching. I don't blame your husband for ending up giving that up.

Kudos to you for finishing both of those challenging Wine and Dines. I'm sure I would have been a crying mess if I was injured throughout that distance. 2016 definitely needs to go off without problems or I'll be convinced that I'm the one who's cursed. Especially if it's problems to the scale of 2015 that has not happened at any other events since I've been aware. I just want a true runDisney experience!

:flower3: I didn't think you did really, but man you sure got them fast! Didn't they just post them last week?
Ambassadors have a pre-order period before new items are posted to the website...they want us to get them to have time to take pictures to post on social media and stuff like that. I actually ordered my mermaid stuff on April 8 and got the shipping email on April 26 or something like that. :)
And I am so glad I didn't have the idea that @BigEeyore had with the raw threads shirt to go with the capris--I have enough addictions for right now!! Although I did order the mystery hoodie, so any ideas on when it will be finished?!? Have they shipped the tracksuits yet--I don't think they have b/c I haven't seen any pictures yet.
I think it should be soon! They said 3-4 weeks and we're coming right up on that...!!

I keep thinking that if it's ready at the end of this week that I should email and have them hold it, and I could pick it up when I'm in Disneyland (they're located about 20 minutes south of Disneyland)...but then I also think that 1. that would take away Disney time and 2. it would be nice to have that waiting for me at home to help cope with post-Disney depression.
And one more thing--I know you probably posted it but I'm thinking with the new capris, maybe your Tink outfits have changed? Do tell!!
Nope, keeping the same outfits (although I did decide on the skirt instead of the Water shorts). I'm taking the mermaid capris to wear around Disneyland though!! :lovestruc
@Ariel484 I love the Mermaid capris. Very, very pretty.
Me too! New favorite!!
The room definitely was perfect! The one thing that someone might complain about though was that because it was so close to the TTC, we could see the ferryboat dock and as a result hear the horns as they came in. We thought this might bother us late at night, but fortunately we were all always so exhausted after our days in the parks that it did not become an issue. :)
We've had that in other rooms before and didn't really have issues - we're good sleepers. :)
I'm glad that things turned around for your husband and that he stuck through some difficult years and ended up getting some different classes. I understand the hardships with trying to teach students that are unmotivated and don't care. I am a Math support interventionist, and even though it's only at the elementary level as opposed to high school, the kids on my caseload are the same types of students who struggle and don't really care about school. It's tough, and sad that even kids that young are developing that kind of mindset. :( I can't imagine teaching tennis or a sport on top of teaching. I don't blame your husband for ending up giving that up.
Yeah, it was just too much for the amount of money they paid him - since he was the JV coach he didn't get paid as much, especially for pulling 12-14 hour days. Then he'd still need to grade/plan, and he wasn't getting enough sleep and didn't have time to exercise or take time for himself. It wasn't worth it.
Kudos to you for finishing both of those challenging Wine and Dines. I'm sure I would have been a crying mess if I was injured throughout that distance. 2016 definitely needs to go off without problems or I'll be convinced that I'm the one who's cursed. Especially if it's problems to the scale of 2015 that has not happened at any other events since I've been aware. I just want a true runDisney experience!
It was disappointing to be injured and probably stupid to go through with the race - I remember it being a mental struggle but I also was able to enjoy the atmosphere, which I'm really glad of since that was my only "true" nighttime Wine & Dine experience. :)

Tinker Bell 15K Training - Week 8
Monday, April 25 - Sunday, May 1, 2016
11 miles completed!!!

Monday, April 25 (lifting)

Schedule change this week! It’s Tink 15K dress rehearsal time!

Basically I am giving myself 1 extra rest day and cutting out 1 day of lifting (which I’ll do next week). And shuffling my run days around. Almost time for Disneyland!!!!!

Today was still lifting though, which went okay except for some poor weight room etiquette from others. All I needed was one freaking bench to do some flys, rows, etc., but all 5 of the ones in the room had people’s stuff on them, like they were already claimed, even though they weren’t being used. I have certainly done that before, but only when there were other empty benches around - seems like the courteous thing to do, no?

One bench had a lone towel (with no person around), another had a couple of books (who reads in the weight room?!)...so annoying. :mad: Isn’t it an accepted thing that people can trade off who uses the bench, like I do a set, then you use the bench to do a set, etc.? When I actually did grab a bench (which had nothing on it), the person who had been using it - who took his towel and had completely left the room, so the bench was empty and thus, in my mind, up for grabs - came along and kicked me off of it! “I need to use that for one set.” :rolleyes2 By then I decided to just push the exercises I needed the bench for to the end of my workout (I ended up getting them in eventually) and turned my earphones up so I wouldn’t have to talk to him (another tool of weight room etiquette - earphones in = “don’t talk to me”). Don’t these people know how to share? Booooooooooooooo.

Tuesday, April 26 (2-mile run)

Donut bun day! But not the delicious kind of doughnut OR bun...

26657419192_9427bffc72_z.jpg

Lemme say, I’m loving how ripped my arms look in that picture. :rotfl2: Just goes to show you how the right angle can really change how you look, because I guarantee I DO NOT look like that in real life!

Anyway...after last week’s hair discussion I bought the Conair Bun Maker from Walgreens (it cost $4-$5). I could have used an old sock to achieve the same style, but I thought this would be more lightweight. It was pretty easy to put up, only took a couple of minutes. If I’d taken more time I probably could have gotten it to be a little neater...tucked the ends of my hair in a little better and all that.

**EDIT 6/13/2016 - I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE BUN MAKER!! Stupid thing sucks for running! Save your cash!! ::yes::**

So, the run. Today I upped my running intervals to 3:00, which was my mini-goal before Tink weekend! :yay: I did these at 10:30/mile (I think, can’t quite remember). Total time for this run was 23:00, 11:30/mile pace.

I would say that the Bun Maker was a success. It didn’t feel heavy at all when I was running, but the ends of my hair didn’t stay in place very well. I think next time I run I’m going to spend a little more time trying to secure them in place, and probably will use more bobby pins (I only used the 4 that came in the Bun Maker kit this morning). My hair is sort of fine and pretty smooth, so I’m not surprised that the ends didn’t stay perfectly.

Also, I wore my Water Shorts with my Fish Tank this morning, and I’m leaning more toward wearing a skirt for the 10K instead of the shorts. I’m going to try shorts one more time before I make a final decision (most likely on Saturday - temps in the 60s forecasted!) but I’m definitely thinking that while I like both the shorts AND skirts, I like the skirts more.

Lastly...this evening I found myself really, really wanting to run more. To where I was considering trying out 5- or 6-day weeks for marathon training (I’m not sure I’ll actually do that, but the thought was there)! With this recent lay-off I was afraid that it would be really hard for me to get back into running, even though I missed it so much when I couldn’t do it - like I was afraid I’d grow complacent and that the thought of adding in running days would be overwhelming, but I’m encouraged that I’m feeling antsy to add more miles. I think that’s a good sign. :)

Wednesday, April 27 (lifting)
Good lift today! Legs felt strong.

This is my last day of lifting for this week since I am doing my Tink 15K “dress rehearsal” on Friday/Saturday. My normal Friday lifting session is getting pushed to early next week, and then that’ll be it for lifting until mid-May.

Last night I took care of some Tink-related things: booked SuperShuttle to/from the airport, printed out waivers and dining reservations, etc. 1 week from tomorrow EEEEEEK!!!! :yay:

Thursday, April 28 (rest)
Today would normally be a run day for me, but I’m pushing that to tomorrow for a Tink 15K “dress rehearsal.” So a rest day it is!

I decided to take advantage of the off day and take care of something that I am a little late on this year - routine blood work! :crazy2 At work we get a break on our health insurance if we do certain things to prove we are “healthy” (gym visits, tracking steps on a pedometer, etc.) - last year I had to pay, like, $1,000 less than what I would have paid had I not done this stuff, so it’s worth it to jump through the hoops. One of those things we’re required to do is a yearly physical that includes routine blood work. Normally I get my physical right around my birthday, but I forgot to make the appointment this year, so that won’t happen until after Tink.

The orders were put in for my blood work, though, so I decided to take care of that this morning (I can get it done at my workplace). I had to fast for 12 hours and proceeded to freak myself out - I HATE getting my blood drawn. :( I don’t know why, I just always have. I dread it every year. I had gotten better with it, but my guy this morning had trouble finding a vein, I guess (not sure why, hadn’t been a problem in the past?) so that extra time sitting there was just enough for me to slightly panic. The good news is, I didn’t pass out - but I was close! :rolleyes2 Maybe some day I’ll get over myself. Sigh...but at least it’s done! I realize how fully dramatic this sounds, but this is something that has always been a fear of mine. What a baby!!

And 1 WEEK UNTIL DISNEYLAND!!! :hyper:

20662359214_cf5405535d_z.jpg

Friday, April 29 (3-mile run)
Impulse decision! Today I decided that I would try to structure my run differently. Ultimately I’d like to get back to running 1 mile/walking 1 minute for the duration of my runs, so I decided to try that today...:confused3

...why?? I don’t know. I can be dumb sometimes. I think I just wanted to see if I could do it. :rolleyes1

26750710395_70c122b6da_z.jpg

26750708055_3b218b2651_z.jpg

So the verdict - I CAN do it, but not well! :faint: It went better than I expected, and I had one of my fastest post-injury overall paces yet, but MAN was I hurting when this one was done. I’m so stupid.

But I got pretty mermaid capris today, so yay for that. :)

26750708385_1ba7d832ed_z.jpg

I planned my day poorly today and didn’t have time for yoga. I signed up for a Sunday class to make up for it!

Saturday, April 30 (6-mile run)
Woohoo! Last long run before Tink is DONE!

26725616906_386473daf5_z.jpg

I cheated and took the above picture BEFORE the run. Yesterday’s grand experiment left me pretty sore today...running is humbling sometimes. I used to do the run 1 mile/walk 1 minute intervals easily (actually now that I think of it, I was up to running 2 miles/walking 1 minute), but I’m definitely not there yet. Maybe this is good practice for running the 10K after running the 5K + walking around the parks? Yeah...let’s go with that.

So today I went back to running 3 minutes/walking 1 minute. Tough, tough run, but it’s done! Total time for this run was 1:10:09, 11:42/mile pace. Not a beautiful run, but whatever.

The rest of my day was spent on the couch with this weird dog. Because this is a comfy way to sit?

26657421442_3e51be1f1d_z.jpg

BUT...tomorrow is May 1. That means it’s Disney month!!! :hyper:

tumblr_n4vlwozXbD1qjlzbdo1_1280.jpg

Sunday, May 1 (yoga)
Yooooooga. It sucked today! :rotfl: I went to a “hot” class instead of my usual “warm” class, and those extra 5-10 degrees about killed me. Sweat pouring off of me the entire time. The extra heat was just a little too much. I felt good once I was done, but blech!!

So now...
4 sleeps...
3 days of work...
1 lifting session...
And 1 run...

And then it’s DISNEY TIME!! :teeth:

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
I would say that the Bun Maker was a success. It didn’t feel heavy at all when I was running, but the ends of my hair didn’t stay in place very well. I think next time I run I’m going to spend a little more time trying to secure them in place, and probably will use more bobby pins (I only used the 4 that came in the Bun Maker kit this morning). My hair is sort of fine and pretty smooth, so I’m not surprised that the ends didn’t stay perfectly.

I have the same smooth/fine hair problem and for Dapper Day a few weeks ago, I used the Bun Maker for my hair and used a clear hair band after I'd put my hair through the bun to keep hair in place and then wrapped the considerable ends around the bun. I ended up only using 4 or 5 bobby pins and it held up pretty well. I think the clear band helped a lot.

Today was still lifting though, which went okay except for some poor weight room etiquette from others. All I needed was one freaking bench to do some flys, rows, etc., but all 5 of the ones in the room had people’s stuff on them, like they were already claimed, even though they weren’t being used. I have certainly done that before, but only when there were other empty benches around - seems like the courteous thing to do, no?

One bench had a lone towel (with no person around), another had a couple of books (who reads in the weight room?!)...so annoying. :mad: Isn’t it an accepted thing that people can trade off who uses the bench, like I do a set, then you use the bench to do a set, etc.? When I actually did grab a bench (which had nothing on it), the person who had been using it - who took his towel and had completely left the room, so the bench was empty and thus, in my mind, up for grabs - came along and kicked me off of it! “I need to use that for one set.” :rolleyes2 By then I decided to just push the exercises I needed the bench for to the end of my workout (I ended up getting them in eventually) and turned my earphones up so I wouldn’t have to talk to him (another tool of weight room etiquette - earphones in = “don’t talk to me”). Don’t these people know how to share? Booooooooooooooo.

This is something I really don't understand. I had something similar when I was in college - people left the treadmill paused while they went to do other stuff and got pissed off if you tried to use "their" treadmill.
People ... there is only so much equipment. You have to share like an adult. I think some people need to go back to kindergarden.
I'm glad you were able to get everything done eventually!

Hmm. I've never tried a bun maker type thing (I usually just use ponytail holders and the occasional clip, which I suppose explains why my hair never stays in the bun), but since it seemed toi work out well for you, I'm wondering if I should give it a try. Like you, my hair is kinda fine and smooth (although half of that is because I iron it ... it's a little poofier naturally), so I think if it works for you, I can make it work for me.
Although I'm not wild about bobby pins. And if more bobby pins are the answer, I might not like that.

Lastly...this evening I found myself really, really wanting to run more. To where I was considering trying out 5- or 6-day weeks for marathon training (I’m not sure I’ll actually do that, but the thought was there)! With this recent lay-off I was afraid that it would be really hard for me to get back into running, even though I missed it so much when I couldn’t do it - like I was afraid I’d grow complacent and that the thought of adding in running days would be overwhelming, but I’m encouraged that I’m feeling antsy to add more miles. I think that’s a good sign. :)

This is amazing. Seriously.
It's so easy to say "I'll stay where I am" or "I can do a little more, but maybe I don't need to." But to actually really want to add more and do more ... that's pretty awesome. Your distance and speed may not be fully back to where you were pre-injury, but mentally ... I think you're doing even better than you were before the injury!
You are so awesome!!! I'm so inspired by how you've bounced back from this injury, stayed relatively positive throughout the process, and continued to work hard and strive for more!

The orders were put in for my blood work, though, so I decided to take care of that this morning (I can get it done at my workplace). I had to fast for 12 hours and proceeded to freak myself out - I HATE getting my blood drawn. :( I don’t know why, I just always have. I dread it every year. I had gotten better with it, but my guy this morning had trouble finding a vein, I guess (not sure why, hadn’t been a problem in the past?) so that extra time sitting there was just enough for me to slightly panic. The good news is, I didn’t pass out - but I was close! :rolleyes2 Maybe some day I’ll get over myself. Sigh...but at least it’s done! I realize how fully dramatic this sounds, but this is something that has always been a fear of mine. What a baby!!

I totally get this. Until about 10 years ago I was terrified of having blood taken. Like, terrified, hated doing it, couldn't look, was almost crying. So I never judge people who are hesitant about or scared of having blood taken.
As to what changed it for me ... for some reason I don't quite understand, I decided to donate blood. At first I wouldn't look when they stuck the needle in me, but since that experience ... I've had no problem with getting blood taken (either at the doctor or when donating). It's weird (and I'm certainly not saying that you should try it unless you're interested in donating blood anyway), but it's what helped me.

And 1 WEEK UNTIL DISNEYLAND!!! :hyper:

YAY!!!!! DISNEYLAND!!!
I'm so jealous. I miss Disneyland. Have some fun for me, okay?

Impulse decision! Today I decided that I would try to structure my run differently. Ultimately I’d like to get back to running 1 mile/walking 1 minute for the duration of my runs, so I decided to try that today...:confused3

...why?? I don’t know. I can be dumb sometimes. I think I wanted to see if I could do it. :rolleyes1

I actually really understand this. Sometimes when you're feeling good you want to see if you can get to the final result and skip the middle steps. It doesn't always work out (and I guess it didn't for you this time), but sometimes you really want to try, and that's understandable.
This may not be a smart thing to say, but ... I think it's good that you tried, because now you know that you're not completely ready and you may not be tempted to push yourself too much during the race.

But I got pretty mermaid capris today, so yay for that. :)

They are amazing. Seriously.
I'm already regretting talking myself out of getting them. They're so dang pretty!

So now...
4 sleeps...
3 days of work...
1 lifting session...
And 1 run...

And then it’s DISNEY TIME!! :teeth:

Almost time for Disneyland/Tink 15K!! YAY!!!!!!

I have the same smooth/fine hair problem and for Dapper Day a few weeks ago, I used the Bun Maker for my hair and used a clear hair band after I'd put my hair through the bun to keep hair in place and then wrapped the considerable ends around the bun. I ended up only using 4 or 5 bobby pins and it held up pretty well. I think the clear band helped a lot.
That sounds similar to what I did. I'm hoping that if I spend a little more time on it and possibly add a few more pins, that it'll stay in place a little better. :)
Love your dog...they are such funny creatures!! So pumped for your Tink adventure!! yeah, for only1 week to go!!!
I love him too! :)

Thanks! Starting to get excited over here!!
This is something I really don't understand. I had something similar when I was in college - people left the treadmill paused while they went to do other stuff and got pissed off if you tried to use "their" treadmill.
People ... there is only so much equipment. You have to share like an adult. I think some people need to go back to kindergarden.
I'm glad you were able to get everything done eventually!
Pausing the treadmill and claiming it as theirs? What even. People are so annoying sometimes!!

I actually think about switching my days around, because the times I've gone in on Tuesdays/Thursdays, it's significantly less crowded. People must really be locked in to the M/W/F schedule. Then again, so am I, and is it really worth switching my days around? Ridiculous!
Hmm. I've never tried a bun maker type thing (I usually just use ponytail holders and the occasional clip, which I suppose explains why my hair never stays in the bun), but since it seemed toi work out well for you, I'm wondering if I should give it a try. Like you, my hair is kinda fine and smooth (although half of that is because I iron it ... it's a little poofier naturally), so I think if it works for you, I can make it work for me.
Although I'm not wild about bobby pins. And if more bobby pins are the answer, I might not like that.
It's an interesting thing. You CAN get the same effect using an old sock, but when I did that I didn't like how heavy it was. And it's not hard to do, I think I just rushed mine a bit to try to get it secured quickly.

The kid came with 4 bobby pins. I'm wondering if I maybe added 2-4 more, if that would be better...or if, like I said, I took more time and secured them more carefully, if the 4 would be enough?
This is amazing. Seriously.
It's so easy to say "I'll stay where I am" or "I can do a little more, but maybe I don't need to." But to actually really want to add more and do more ... that's pretty awesome. Your distance and speed may not be fully back to where you were pre-injury, but mentally ... I think you're doing even better than you were before the injury!
You are so awesome!!! I'm so inspired by how you've bounced back from this injury, stayed relatively positive throughout the process, and continued to work hard and strive for more!
Aw...thanks. :o The mental aspect has always bene as big a struggle for me as the physical aspect (which is a pretty big struggle, I am NOT a natural athlete) so I'm encouraged to be feeling this way. We'll see if anything comes of it!
I totally get this. Until about 10 years ago I was terrified of having blood taken. Like, terrified, hated doing it, couldn't look, was almost crying. So I never judge people who are hesitant about or scared of having blood taken.
As to what changed it for me ... for some reason I don't quite understand, I decided to donate blood. At first I wouldn't look when they stuck the needle in me, but since that experience ... I've had no problem with getting blood taken (either at the doctor or when donating). It's weird (and I'm certainly not saying that you should try it unless you're interested in donating blood anyway), but it's what helped me.
I honestly don't know what my deal is. I was really bad with it and then got better over the past couple of years. :confused3

I gave blood once, about 7 years ago...it went REALLY badly. I had to stay and recover - the entire experience took, no joke, like 2 hours. It was BAD! And I hate that, because I WANT to give blood, because I know it is so needed, but I really, really did not do well with it! :(
YAY!!!!! DISNEYLAND!!!
I'm so jealous. I miss Disneyland. Have some fun for me, okay?
I'll do my best! :)
I actually really understand this. Sometimes when you're feeling good you want to see if you can get to the final result and skip the middle steps. It doesn't always work out (and I guess it didn't for you this time), but sometimes you really want to try, and that's understandable.
This may not be a smart thing to say, but ... I think it's good that you tried, because now you know that you're not completely ready and you may not be tempted to push yourself too much during the race.
Yeah, I'm glad I tried it out. I think I needed to know that I could still do it, but I also think, like you said, that it was important to realize that I need to continue with the slow and steady approach I was taking with adding 15 seconds to each run interval.

I'm more concerned about my 10K when I come back from Disneyland - I know I'll do my usual stop for alllll the pics method during Tink, but a stilly little voice in my head keeps saying that I could potentially run some awesome time in my local 10K the weekend after. The more rational side of me knows that this won't really happen and that I should really take it easy. :rolleyes:
They are amazing. Seriously.
I'm already regretting talking myself out of getting them. They're so dang pretty!
I love them soooo much. They are already packed and are coming to Disneyland with me! :)
Almost time for Disneyland/Tink 15K!! YAY!!!!!!
EEEEEE YAY!!!!

Mission: Proof of Time (10-miler training)

NOTE: I edited this from what I originally posted...twice! :)
This is a looooong post!! :faint:

Now that Tink weekend is almost over :sad:, it’s time to start focusing on the next (non-Disney :sad:) race - a 10-miler in September. I mentioned possibly doing this race a few weeks ago thinking it would be in early August (as it has been in previous years), but a couple of weeks before Tink I checked the race website and the info was updated for 2016 - race date is September 4. Fine by me, because I can use all the extra training time I can get! And it actually lines up perfectly with my Goofy training (which will start the day after the race :eek:).

This will be a brand-new race for me - I have heard of the race and it has been around for a few years now, but I don’t know much about it (though I did mention it to a co-worker - he hasn’t run it but his wife has and likes it). I’m familiar with the area where the race takes place, though - it’s about 45 minutes from where I currently live near the mall I used to go to in high school. I would not sign up for this race at all, except that I want a better Proof of Time to use for Goofy, Glass Slipper and Pixie Dust Challenges (this race takes place a little over 1 month after PoT submission closes for Wine & Dine weekend, so I won’t be able to use it for that :(). Plus, I need something that is at least 10 miles for Goofy, and I’m not sure I’m up to training to run a "fast" half marathon just yet - and this is one of the only 10-milers in my area, and definitely the only one that takes place before Goofy PoT submission closes in October (no pressure, right? :faint:). I have a 10-miler time that I can use from last year, but it’s not good - not good for me, anyway. Not a PW (Personal Worst) at the 10-mile distance, but close. I know I can do better. ::yes::

To get there I’m using Hal Higdon’s 15K Intermediate Training plan as a base (15K = 9.3 miles, so close enough for a 10-miler). For the first time ever, I'm actually going to try to follow the plan almost exactly as written. That means running 5, sometimes 6 days per week. :eek: I've done 1, maybe 2 5-day weeks of running ever, so this will be interesting. I can't quite explain why I want to do this...I guess I just want to try. Maybe it'll be awesome, maybe it'll be a disaster. I'm shuffling the days around a bit but otherwise I'm following it exactly.

In addition, I'm dropping lifting from my schedule completely and am going to try to get to yoga 2-3 times per week.

As written, the plan is 10 weeks, so it officially starts the week of June 27. So it’s still a ways away, but I’m good with that - I am definitely not ready to take on the plan I want to use just yet (800m repeats, 5-day running weeks...OH DEAR LORD
:faint:). I’ve put something together for the next 7 of weeks that’ll slowly build me up to being able to start the plan (I hope) - the main things being
  • adding back in speedwork and tempo runs, and
  • Adding in a 4th, and eventually 5th, day of running each week
I haven’t run a "fast" 5K in years, so I have no idea what my current 5K pace is for speedwork...and no idea what my 10K pace is for tempo runs (with Higdon’s tempo runs, you start out slowly and peak at 10K race pace). Hopefully this weekend’s 10K race (EEK) will help me figure those out.

I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself to PR for this 10-miler, but if I can beat the time that I currently have for Goofy (which is 13 minutes off of my 10-miler PR...ouch!) I would be really happy with that!

Also...you’ll notice I have a race in there! The dreaded Castaway Cay 5K :faint:...I hate it, but it’s free and I get a medallion at the end, soooo…:confused:

Lastly...I have a 10K to run the weekend after Tink! I'm not expecting much from this race (definitely not expecting to PR), but I would LOVE to beat the time I currently have submitted for Wine & Dine. Sort of an unrealistic goal (okay, definitely an unrealistic goal), but I’m going to try to toe the line between giving it my best shot and trying to be smart and not overdo things...:confused3

So I’m keeping the week after Tink pretty light in hopes that I’ll be ready for a decent race - 2 short runs and zero lifting. I’ll pick lifting back up on Monday. And over the next few weeks I’ll keep an eye out for more 10Ks in my area to get another chance at bettering my Wine & Dine proof of time (assuming I don’t develop mad speed this weekend :rolleyes:).

**10-miler Training Prep**

COMPLETED TRAINING

Week 1 (5/9/16 - 5/15/16) - 11.2 mile completed
Monday: rest/travel
Tuesday: 3-mile run
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: 2-mile run
Friday: yoga
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 10K Race!

Week 2 (5/16/16 - 5/22/16): 8.5 miles completed
Monday: lifting/0.5-mile run
Tuesday: 2-mile run
Wednesday: 1x800 @ 5K pace
Thursday: lifting
Friday: rest
Saturday: 4-mile run
Sunday: yoga

Week 3 (5/23/16 - 5/29/16) - 10.15 miles completed
Monday: lifting/1-mile run
Tuesday: 2.5-mile run
Wednesday: 20-minute tempo
Thursday: lifting
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 5-mile run

Week 4 (5/30/16 - 6/5/16): 9.75 miles completed
Monday: lifting/1.5-mile run
Tuesday: 2.5-mile run
Wednesday: 2x800 @ 5K pace
Thursday: 0.5-mile run/lifting
Saturday: 3-mile run

Week 5 (6/6/16 - 6/12/16) - 13.2 miles completed
Monday: 2.5-mile run
Tuesday: 3-mile run
Wednesday: 20-minute tempo
Thursday: rest
Friday: 1-mile run/yoga
Saturday: 5-mile run

Week 6 (6/13/16 - 6/19/16): 16.5 miles completed
Monday: 3-mile run
Tuesday: 3.5-mile run
Wednesday: 3x800 @ 5K pace/yoga
Thursday: rest
Friday: 1-mile run/yoga
Saturday: 6-mile run
Sunday: yoga/travel

Week 7 (6/20/16 - 6/26/16): CRUISE! 11.21 miles completed
Monday: rest (embarkation)
Tuesday: 25-minute tempo
Wednesday: Castaway Cay 5K
Thursday: 2-mile run
Friday: rest (debarkation/fly home)
Saturday: 5K-run
Sunday: rest

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
The training plan looks good! I hope it gets you to where you need to be to rock this 10-mile race!

As you know, I'm no expert on training, but ... I think it's a good idea to start with running 4x/week, and if you're not seeing the results you're hoping for (or you really feeling like you can/should be doing more), then try adding in the Monday 3-milers and see if that helps. The great thing about running is that there's no "required" plan - you can modify whatever plan you like best to make it work for your schedule. You may not get exactly the same results if you don't stick to exactly the same plan, but you can never go wrong with listening to your body and doing what works best for you.
(But again ... what do I know?)

The training plan looks good! I hope it gets you to where you need to be to rock this 10-mile race!
I hope so too! :eek:
As you know, I'm no expert on training, but ... I think it's a good idea to start with running 4x/week, and if you're not seeing the results you're hoping for (or you really feeling like you can/should be doing more), then try adding in the Monday 3-milers and see if that helps. The great thing about running is that there's no "required" plan - you can modify whatever plan you like best to make it work for your schedule. You may not get exactly the same results if you don't stick to exactly the same plan, but you can never go wrong with listening to your body and doing what works best for you.
(But again ... what do I know?)
I'm certainly no expert either, but I was thinking the same thing you're suggesting - add in that 4th day slowly and then see how it goes from there.

For me, personally...I know in the past I have felt stronger/better running 4 days per week instead of 3 days per week/ But I've never tried more than 4 days...who knows, maybe I'll love it. Or maybe it'll be a disaster! But you're totally right that I can modify if I need to. :)

Tink Week is here, woohoo! Cute bun & the mermaid capris are very cool!
Wow, great training plan, I'm bad about actually using & following a plan, so that's great you have it all planned out, that's dedication & probably smart so you don't overdo it too fast!

Looks like a great training plan to me! It has nice balance between the days mileage and has more easy days than hard days. I feel those are the two most important aspects and it looks like you've got both nailed. Keep up the good work!

Tink Week is here, woohoo! Cute bun & the mermaid capris are very cool!
Tink week! Can't believe it! :eek:
Wow, great training plan, I'm bad about actually using & following a plan, so that's great you have it all planned out, that's dedication & probably smart so you don't overdo it too fast!
Once I decide on a training plan, I am normally very, very good at sticking to it. I get really antsy if I don't have SOME sort of plan - I know others like to just sort of wing it but I have never been good at that!
Looks like a great training plan to me! It has nice balance between the days mileage and has more easy days than hard days. I feel those are the two most important aspects and it looks like you've got both nailed. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the input! :) As written there's actually a 5th run (it's always a 3-miler - another easy run) so I MAY add that in at some point and see how I do with 5 days of running, which is something I have never done before. But that would give me even more easy miles throughout the week, which I know is supposed to be a good thing. I keep going back and forth between being intimidated at adding another day but also sort of excited/curious to try it? 3 more miles won't kill me, right? :scratchin

Whew!! All caught up. :) Lots of thoughts so this might get long.

TINK!!!!! I can't believe it's almost here. I'm excited to hear about your trip and the races. I know you'll do great. And, you'll be in Disney. :earsgirl:

The gym etiquette thing sounds really frustrating. I'm lucky that I can use the weight room at the high school since Chris works for the district. We go so early in the morning, we almost never see anybody except occasionally the ROTC kids are in there. Once summer hits though it's deserted.

I'm loving the donut bun. Your hair is so pretty. I just don't have the hair for anything long, so mine stays nice and short. :) And, your arms do look totally ripped in that picture. I doubt that's all just camera angle though. You work hard for those arms.

The running sounds like it's going great. You are getting stronger and stronger again. I understand wanting to push back to your old intervals just to try it out. Sorry it left you feeling a bit rough though. Hopefully though you are almost back to normal and it may have worked in your favor to try it and see.

My work does the same thing with Wellness dollars. We can also get up to $1000 in an HRA account for various wellness activities. Like you, we have to have a yearly blood draw as well. I work in a lab and was trained in phlebotomy many years ago, so blood draws don't phase me much, but I know for a lot of people it's a very legitimate fear. I'm terrified of wasps and bees from a sting I got as a child. I know it's irrational, but that doesn't change the fact that I want to run screaming anytime I see one of those stinging suckers. So, you have my sympathy!!

Love the yoga shot with your mermaid capris. Mine shipped!!! They should be arriving today. WOOHOO!!! Also, it looks to me like Archie is trying to do a yoga pose of his own. ;)

And, yay, for MAY!!! It's finally getting so warm and pretty here. I'm going to plant flowers this coming weekend to celebrate Mother's Day.

The training plan looks solid. Glad to see you planning out into the future. A sure sign that you are well and truly on the mend. The PoT race sounds like it will be a good one. We've always only run 3 days per week other than some back-to-back stuff when we were training for Goofy, but we've also been talking about needing to do at least 4 days per week and making one of those some track work with cadence and speed drills. Seems like getting yourself comfortable with 4 days and then trying out a 5th is a good plan.

IT'S ALMOST DISNEY TIME!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter