It's Family-moon time!

Following along ... I'm a sucker for family trips ! (I have 5 kids myself)
I'm planning our first "surprise" trip and thought it was so cool that you planned a DCL on the sly ! I agree that maybe telling the boys ahead of time might be good though, so they can process. My boys know we are going to WDW ... but they think w are going in December (we are really going May 10-18th).

Adorable family !! Looking forward to more of your planning. :thumbsup2

Joining in! I am also a mom to 3 boys (9,8, and 22mo)! LOVE LOVE LOVED the balloon story!

Can't wait to hear about your big reveal. We are surprising our boys as well, just not sure when. Our trip is Sept, so we have some time yet (under 180 days as I just made our ADRS!).

Hi Erin - thanks for following along! Where will you be staying? We did US last time, so will just be doing all Disney this trip. But your kids are at a great age for US. Are you staying there or just going over for the day? So far the boys still don't know!

I had to shave two days off of our trip, so now we are only staying at POR and taking day trips to UO and Sea World. Happy birthday to Aidan! That is hilarious that he was getting presents for a trip he doesn’t even know about yet! :laughing:

Happy belated birthday to DS... Love that he was confused about his gift. I think it's a perfectly legitimate gift this time of year. ;)

I used to be a big scrapbooker too... I used to be a Creative Memories consultant back when they first started... Well, since I didn't have a dedicated scrapbook room, and the girls were little - you can imagine what a mess this was on my diningroom table... I don't do well with messes. LOL Then, to top it off - I am a perfectionist as well, so everything had to be "just so". One day I was scrapbooking with my bff, and she said she would never scrapbook with me again, because I was such a crab. LOL That was my hint - I did not need a hobby in my life that made me crabby. So, I packed it all away and that was it. Allison now uses all of my old stuff... I like to see it being used, because typically I am not a wasteful person. I much prefer to mess around in Photoshop, because there is no mess to clean up and it's very easy to be precise. ;)

I hope you have lots of fun with your new hobby! :)

D~

Thanks! I started out with some CM products. And IKWYM about the perfectionism. That is what derailed me (and the mess lol). So far Project Life is staying more manageable and contained. Here's hoping it stays that way ;)

Following along ... I'm a sucker for family trips ! (I have 5 kids myself)
I'm planning our first "surprise" trip and thought it was so cool that you planned a DCL on the sly ! I agree that maybe telling the boys ahead of time might be good though, so they can process. My boys know we are going to WDW ... but they think w are going in December (we are really going May 10-18th).

Adorable family !! Looking forward to more of your planning. :thumbsup2

Thanks for following along! That's so exciting that you are planning a surprise trip!! Where will you be staying? Have you figured out how and when you will tell them? Can't wait to hear about it!

Joining in! I am also a mom to 3 boys (9,8, and 22mo)! LOVE LOVE LOVED the balloon story!

Can't wait to hear about your big reveal. We are surprising our boys as well, just not sure when. Our trip is Sept, so we have some time yet (under 180 days as I just made our ADRS!).

More surprises - yay!! Where did you make your ADRs? Do your boys have any idea you will be going to WDW? When do you plan to tell them?

I had to shave two days off of our trip, so now we are only staying at POR and taking day trips to UO and Sea World. Happy birthday to Aidan! That is hilarious that he was getting presents for a trip he doesn’t even know about yet! :laughing:

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Sorry you had to take off the two days - but any time in Orlando is better than no time in Orlando! We did UO last time. We still haven't gotten to Sea World. I keep waiting to be "tired enough" of Disney to go off and explore a bit. Still hasn't happened and even though we loved the HRH and WWOHP, we spent a good part of our time at UO (two nights) looking forward to getting to WDW (pathetic, I know).

I want to scrapbook but I've never actually taken any steps in that direction! :lmao:

Amanda

What's wrong with you?? You mean working full time as a doctor and raising three kids and running marathons isn't leaving you enough time to create time consuming scrapbooks?? :lmao: But seriously, the nice thing about the hobby is you can pick it up when your kids are older like my mom did - she had plenty of time and loved reliving all the memories of when we were younger :)

So I was still debating the whole BOG/Saana ADRs. I had pretty much decided we would make the trip over on day two and eat at Saana then and then keep the BOG ADR for our last night. Then I mentioned it to my DW, who said, no, just keep it the way it was...it'll be nice to end the trip eating and watching the animals. Ugh. Ok, lesson learned....if you are set on something in your mind, don't second guess yourself and ask another family member what to do :rolleyes:

We are getting so excited to tell the boys about the cruise!!! They still have absolutely no idea and I can't believe Easter will be here in just a few days and then we can share the excitement!

That is so exciting... Then you won't have to try to keep the secret any longer. LOL I can't imagine how rough that is!

D~

I can't wait to hear the boys reactions to the cruise! Although they are older and I am sure cool, so they would not have the reaction my 2 and 4 and 5 year old grandchildren did!

It is good to go ahead and tell them because the anticipation is a lot of the fun! Now you can all share it and extend the fun. Thanks for sharing all your fun with us!

I leave for the Fantasy a month from yesterday, I guess I should get packing! WOO HOO!:yay:

Just stopping by to wish you a...

Easter-3.jpg

D~

That is so exciting... Then you won't have to try to keep the secret any longer. LOL I can't imagine how rough that is!

D~

Yes, it was getting very hard!

I can't wait to hear the boys reactions to the cruise! Although they are older and I am sure cool, so they would not have the reaction my 2 and 4 and 5 year old grandchildren did!

It is good to go ahead and tell them because the anticipation is a lot of the fun! Now you can all share it and extend the fun. Thanks for sharing all your fun with us!

I leave for the Fantasy a month from yesterday, I guess I should get packing! WOO HOO!:yay:

Your cruise is so close - you must be getting so excited!! Which itinerary are you doing? Are your grandchildren going on this cruise with you, or was the surprise a past trip?

Just stopping by to wish you a...

Easter-3.jpg

D~

Thanks! I hope you had a wonderful Easter as well!

We had a great Easter yesterday! The boys are a little old for Easter egg hunts, well, the older two are, the 12 yo will hopefully never get too old :hyper:

So we had gone to the Easter Vigil Saturday night. For those of you who don't know, this is typically a 2.5-3 hour Mass. So after sitting in church until almost 11pm, we said, ok, everyone in the living room at 9am for Easter egg hunt festivities lol. The 12 yo was super excited. The other two were like why do we need to wake up early if we already went to church. But I dragged them out of bed and told them it would be worth it.

I had hidden plastic eggs with clues around the house. Each clue led them to the next egg, and along the way there were bigger eggs with Disney surprises in them (gift cards, trader pins, etc.). Well, at the first big egg with gift cards the older two woke up and were on board :rotfl2:

The last clue led them to the big yellow egg which held the photobooks:

DA6C898F-D5CC-4232-84E3-ECE8B358C4D7-3443-0000036FD70E5DA1_zpsbe1a860f.jpg

And this was DS12's reaction:

DC46B612-A6E0-4EC2-AB1F-20C3F9146988-3443-0000036FD2AE0E44_zpsc8a4aae3.jpg

They were soooooo excited!! I'm so glad we told them as not they can have fun in the planning and look forward to it with us. And the best part is we have 37 days to go!!! :banana:

It must have been great knowing that you were able to keep it a secret for so long. Your son's face is wonderful. Bet it made keeping it a surprise so worth it. Glad you all had a great Easter. Have fun on the cruise.

I was talking about this cruise. We are going on a cruise with the whole extended family. Grandchildren are 11,8,5,4,2 and 2. We went last year and had so much fun we are doing it again. I wish the little ones were old enough for the club but we are doing it more for the older ones who have such fond memories.

I am so glad your big reveal went so well. They have a lot to look forward to!

I have hopelessly neglected this PTR for too long. I don't think I'm cut out for PTR writing :rotfl2:

But in an effort to update things a little....here's my happy image of the day:

We are getting soooooooooo excited!!!! I was telling Clara last night I just can't wait to get on that monorail at MCO because it's the gateway to my happy place. She just laughs, but I know you guys know what I mean!

I still have so much to do! I need to pack, stop the mail and newspaper, finish last minute errands, and because of course life goes on a top speed as usual around me so the kids are booked solid until we get in the cab to the airport!

And, because this is my luck, :rotfl:, the new discounts are being released supposedly on Thursday for the end of August, and I will be on a boat (a Disney one mind you) unable to contact civilization in order to get my Poly discount for August!! Ahhhhhhh....1st world problems, I know. I did put in an email to my TA this morning asking her to take care of it, but I won't be able to be in touch if she has any questions. And because these current discount offers are so slim, I'm hoping they don't sell out fast.

Oh well, I'm just so excited to be getting away this week! And then back to trip planning for August!!!

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Mother's day... I hope you all are having a great time on your cruise!

D~

Thanks, Dee! I hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day too! We got in late last night. I don't know how the boys will make it through school today! But they all said it was worth it...we had a great time!!

I joined your PTR right after you started it and don't think I was back since.:worried: But I just got caught up!:thumbsup2 Your new itinerary looks great and your ADR's look awesome. And apparently you just got back from your quickly planned cruise. I hope everyone enjoyed it.

I joined your PTR right after you started it and don't think I was back since.:worried: But I just got caught up!:thumbsup2 Your new itinerary looks great and your ADR's look awesome. And apparently you just got back from your quickly planned cruise. I hope everyone enjoyed it.

Thanks for coming back to catch up! :thumbsup2

Here's a quick TR from our weekend (I also posted this on the Aug. board)

We had a great time on our cruise, and it was such a great Disney fix! Everything went perfectly except our inbound flight, which was delayed because of weather. But it was ok....all we were going to do was head to our room at the Hyatt MCO and sleep until morning. We got in around 2 am and the very nice Hyatt people upgraded us to a suite, which was enormous and had three bathrooms, which was heaven sent since we were going to be operating on much less sleep than we thought - having three bathrooms for the morning was a great time saver! We used the luggage transfer service, so we tagged our bags (like you do for DME) and left them in our room and crossed our fingers we'd see them on the ship It's funny because just reading the QOTD about DME, I never worried about missing luggage with them...figured they'd get it to me eventually. But if the bags missed the ship, that would be a problem!

Anyway, it all went fine - they arrived safe and sound and early! So we headed off to have breakfast and at about 9:50 got on line for the bus. We got to the port around 11:00, used the Castaway Club check-in line, which had no wait, and walked on the ship. We had a PAT of 11:00-11:30 and were boarding group 3. So when people tell you you are an obsessive planner, just smile and know you are doing a good thing - getting up at midnight 90 days prior to check-in and request an early boarding time worked! We had the pool deck to ourselves for quite a while!

We had lunch, checked out the kids' clubs, rode the aquaduck, swam and then got ready for dinner. We saw the Golden Mickeys and then ate at the Enchanted Garden.

In Nassau, we did a walking tour that I had printed from a google search. It turned out to be a great experience. Back on board we had massages, the boys went off and did their thing - sometimes in the Edge and Vibe clubs, sometimes on their own. Dinner was at the Royal Palace that night and was wonderful (actually all the food was amazing - much better than other cruise lines). This was also pirate night and we had a great time with Jack Sparrow! The pirate party was fun and the fireworks were fantastic!

The next morning we hit Castaway Cay. My DW, DS 12 and I ran the 5k, which was fun! It was also hot and I normally don't eat or drink like I'm on a cruise the night before I run lol, but it was still all good. The weather was perfect, and we had such a great time on CC. We relaxed, swam, the boys snorkled, played soccer, enjoyed Pelican Plunge and then we all did the sting ray experience. It was such a perfect day. That night we were at Animator's Palate and celebrated DS (now 17)'s bday. He celebrated his 4th birthday at AP on the Wonder and now his 17th at AP on Dream. It was very sweet Before dinner we saw Believe and were all piles of Disney mush by the end

The next morning disembarkation was a breeze after breakfast and we took the Budget shuttle to get our car. This was also a breeze as there was no one on line when we got there. We headed to DTD and were walking in by 11:00 (we had 8:00 breakfast and disembarked around 9, so not bad time wise). We were soooooooo excited to be on Disney property We hit the West Side and walked and shopped our way back. Then we ate at T-Rex (no ADR, just walked up). Ok, this was a first and a last I don't know if I'm just getting old or my kids have grown up a bit from their Rainforest days, but wow, it was LOUD. The food was very good though. And if you have younger kids into dinosaurs, it's fantastic! Just not for me anymore

After I decided a nice quiet boat ride would be in order. We took the boat to POFQ, just to enhance my happiness . We walked around, had beignets at the food court and then took the boat back and finished shopping in the MP. Oh, and speaking of shopping, I am in TROUBLE. Serious trouble. I think on our last trip I had been so many times in a short period that the merchandise was a little tired to me. But now it's been a couple of years and there's new stuff out there and I want it all I did splurge on the cruise and got a Dooney bag and a chamilia charm for my bracelet. So at DTD I was good - just a t-shirt and mug, but my boys got our Mother's Day gifts that day, so I made out well ;-).

We headed back to MCO, returned the car and got ready to head home. It was a quick trip, but so well worth it. The boys are ECSTATIC for our August trip now - they were excited but hadn't gotten really into the planning. Now they are all about it - should make for a fun summer of anticipation! I'm so glad I decided to do it!

Here's a link to my Photobucket album if anyone wants to see pics:

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/cc...0Cruise 2013

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter