It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by wrighter, Jan 26, 2013.

1. wrighter

wrighter DIS Veteran

Am I the only crazy who is excited to have booked a Christmas trip? We've never been at Christmas time and I am so excited to experience the whole thing. Crowds and all!

We'll arrive on Christmas Day. Planning on getting the kids new suitcases, and having them under the tree Christmas morning. The kicker is that they will already be packed and ready to go! :-)

Soooooo hoping I can pull off the surprise. If only I can keep my mouth shut for that long! :-)

Alright - who else booked at their 11 month window and can yap with me about it?!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Doug7856

Doug7856 DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Wow, what a great plan! Have fun planning and keep us posted.

4. heidibilotti

heidibilotti Mouseketeer

Be happy to chat with you. Our family has done this for the past three years and this week we booked christmas at akl again. I love it even with the crowds. Good luck keeping the secret

5. ccigliano

ccigliano DVC Member WLV

We just got back from a Christmas trip and had a great time. The crowds are manageable just get to the parks early to get fast passes for popular rides. New Year's Eve was awesome and we would definitely do it again.

6. Pirate Granny

Pirate Granny DIS Veteran

Make sure to watch for the DVC Xmas tree exchange for Nov-Jan trips...

7. DisneyHeather

DisneyHeather DIS Veteran

I have a trip booked for the beginning of December and am driving everyone crazy talking about it already lol. I can't wait!!

8. myzel

myzel Mouseketeer

We will be there Dec13-27. Have done NYE that was nice. DS has wanted to do the "keys to the kingdom" tour for a few years. (must be 16) We told him he could do it for his 16th B'day it's just nice that it falls just before Christmas. Then we have DSiL and her family for gifts this year so we said. what the hey lets take them with us, 1 week only, I'm not that nice:rotfl: . We did the early Dec trip a few years back for DS's 7th B'day and MVMCP, but left before Christmas so here's hoping the weather's nice and it snows again on Main street.

9. lodge

lodge DIS Veteran

You are going to LOVE IT there at Christmas!! It is even more magical than Christmas itself!!

Get to the MVMCP (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party/Parade)... that's even MORE fun!!!:santa:

10. MFMont

MFMont Mouseketeer

First timers at Christmas here also. 11 month booking at BWV. We are going in March so the kids are never going to expect it. We do plan some sort of a grand surprise however not sure what we will do. We know it will be packed but so be it. Dec. 21st - 28th for us.

11. jnweinmann

jnweinmann Earning My Ears

Looks like we both had the same idea. Our family will also be arriving on Dec 21st at the BWV. Maybe we will run into one another.:yay:

12. DISNEY FIX

DISNEY FIX DIS Veteran

Move over were coming too! Just booked VWL for Dec 25 to Jan 4! After presents get on plane. Trying to keep it a secret?!? Lets see how that goes.:santa:

13. Pirate Granny

Pirate Granny DIS Veteran

I'm jealous, nothing is better than VWL at Christmas?:santa:

14. tgropp

tgropp DIS Veteran

Last week was exciting here also as the 11 month window approached. We are at VWL from Dec 18-26 and BCV from 27-30. I booked the van (fantastic rate), airport hotels before departure and when we get back from our cruise in two weeks, I will be booking air flights using points rewards. It was a lot of fun so now I can just sit back and add the dining plan in december. I love planning Christmas trips as that is my favorite time at WDW.

15. Chim Chiminy

Chim Chiminy stale marshmallows sting when they hit you

I just booked Dec. 29-Jan. 3, technically over New Years but we will be with extended family and celebrating our Christmas together.
    very excited to see the New Years fireworks at Epcot, was able to book two studios at BCV and had to get the 2 bedroom at SSr. Hopefully I won't have an issue at the 7 month window moving that over to BCV as well.

16. Happy99

Happy99 DIS Veteran

we will be at AKL club 2bed Dec 26-Jan 1 :cool1:

17. BabsBunny

BabsBunny Mouseketeer

We'll be at AKV from 12/22 to 12/27, and I'm already looking at flights. Right now we can get really good times for $405 pp. I have a feeling that prices will just go up from here, but I'm hesitant to book so early. I've been thinking about going over to the transportation board to get feedback on Christmas flight trends from expensive airports.

Another thing I'm already thinking about (waaaay too early lol) is what restaurants would be cool fo Xmas Eve and Xmas diinner. Or how fun would it be to just do absolutely nothing but hang around the pool on Christmas Day? The hustle and bustle at home over the holidays is the reason we want to do this trip in the first place. :)

18. sweetdana

sweetdana DIS Veteran

Staying at DVC from 12/28 -12/30 and off to bonne creek for a 3 bedroom until 01/07 :) EXCITED TOO!

19. yensid2000

yensid2000 Earning My Ears

We are going this Christmas also. It will be our second visit at this time of year. We went in 2011 for the first time and LOVED it!! Kind of feel like that's the only time that's worth going since we've been five times since 2000 at various times of the year. Of course I'm a sucker for Christmas so that has a lot to do with it. Also, we are using our DVC for a true family vacation this year to take my two daughters, my wife, our son-in-law, and my parents to stay with us at AKV. For me, Christmas is a VERY magical time at WDW and I think my family sees my wife and I as fanatics. :) We love to talk Disney at all times so feel free to rattle-on!!

20. uncw89

uncw89 DIS Veteran

Booked SSR for 12/28-1/4!!! Hoping to switch to BWV @ 7 months,but with so many people already booking it probably won't happen! I did luck up this year and got it though!! Maybe I will luck up this year too!!!
    Can't wait!!:)

21. disneydenisel

disneydenisel DIS Veteran

Booked our very first Christmas trip, too! BCV for 10 nights starting December 21! Yikes! We have only ever stayed 6 nights before and always feel like we never have enough time. Hoping this will be relaxing and magical at the same time.

I had to bank, borrow and rent to get the reservation. It uses up a chunk of change to go at that time of year. I hope we don't make this a habit...;).