Its been a long time since I have posted...

Sir-Mickey

Earning My Ears
My name is Brian Varley, I used to moderate the Teen Disney board a long time ago but grew up and started going to college which had strayed me away from having the time to be on this site. My Father was Robert A. Varley your beloved Bawb from the podcast. I wanted to post a thank you for the incredible amount of support you guys showed towards my family in our time of loss. I also want to apologize for how long it took for me to be able to post this message. I recently got a tattoo in honor of my dad and I wanted to share it with you.

firsttattoo.jpg

Again Thanks so much for all your support and love. This community is amazing and look foward to being active on these boards. Its weird I have been to Disney more times in the past 2 months than the past three years. You take things for granted in life (I live in Orlando), but being in the parks makes me feel close to my Dad still.

-Brian Varley

That is such a nice tribute to your father :goodvibes

You should see if this can be moved to the DISUNPLUGGED Section so everyone sees it :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

That was very nice. Thanks for posting.

Love the tattoo

I would very much like to share your post with other Disers
so I am going to try to copy this to the DISunplugged board

Welcome (or should we say Welcome Back)!

Great tattoo and wonderful tribute.

Your Dad was one of a kind and forever will be missed.

Hope you and your family are doing well.

Brian - your dad spoke often with pride about you. What a wonderful tribute. I know he would be very pleased to know you are keeping the Varley tradition of being in the Disney parks for Pete. Your dad was an amazing person and is missed so much.

~Stacy

I'm so glad you posted today Brian, I was listening to some old podcasts earlier, missing your dad and thinking of you and your mom and wondering how were doing.

Your tattoo is a great tribute, thank you so much for sharing. :goodvibes

Brian, Even though I had never met your dad I counted him as one of my good friends. Thanks for posting:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing. The tattoo looks great! :thumbsup2

Brian, what a great tattoo!! You're dad was obviously so proud of you!

Hey Brian -- Hope we see you around here a lot more!!! The tat is fabo. :goodvibes

Brian, so nice to see you again! I think your dad would love the tattoo, after yelling at you for getting a tattoo in the first place. Love how the Red Sox logo is used...I know he was a fan, and I'm sure you have wonderful memories of spending time with him at Fenway.

Brian, My husband and I met you at your dad's tribute at the Gaylord Palm's. I was impressed with how open you were and I thought at the time that your dad would be very proud of how you've handled this tragedy.
Love the tattoo and I think your dad would feel very honored that you got it. Thank you for sharing and I hope you keep active on the boards.

Aweome tatt Brian!

I miss your dad's presence on the podcast so much...but I am sure it pales in comparison to your loss. My dad died 12 years ago when I was 25 and I still miss him everyday. I guess we just have to celebrate the time we had with them and try not to mourn the loss so much, but it sure is difficult.

Head up young man and be strong. Always remember your dad is proud of you...you are a living testament to the life he lived.

Welcome back, Brian! I'm not a Sawx fan, but I am a Bawb fan, so I love the tribute.

I lost my Dad 3 years ago and think of him every day. Now I think of Bawb most every day, too, and certainly every time I'm on the DIS boards or listening to the podcast. Very glad you're keeping in touch with the world your dad loved so much. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!