It's an Original Disney Movie 2017 Countdown! UPDATE 08/20!

Very First Rough Draft of our Itinerary

Hi everyone, well not a lot has happened, I'm glad to get started on my next Disney Movie which will be tomorrow! As this title explains, it is my first rough draft to give you a look into the plans.
So how have I come across doing it? I have been
very stressed, I'm not even kidding. I have been debating whether to do DC, SW (Not doing this now) or go to the Dark Side. I'd still really like to do DC as I know Luke would want to but I've decided for now, until I can get a higher paying job (hopefully soon) I'm putting a hold on it.

giphy.gif

It's ok, I'll try Boo..

Ok, Here we go..

This is with the DDP ok? Good.

Wednesday September 6th - Arrival, Resort Evening
2 QS Credit (Dinner at Resort)

Thursday September 7th - Magic Kingdom Late Morning - Evening
2 QS Credit (Breakfast - Resort)
2 TS Credit (Dinner - MK)

Friday September 8th - Animal Kingdom Early Morning, Resort Evening
2 QS Credit (Dinner - Resort)
2 TS Credit (Breakfast - AK)

Saturday September 9th - Hollywood Studios Morning, DTD/DS Evening
2 TS Credit (Dinner - DTD/DS)

Sunday September 10th - EPCOT Mid Morning, Break, Return Evening
2 TS Credit (Dinner - EPCOT)

Monday September 11th - Magic Kingdom Early Morning - Mid Afternoon, Resort Evening
4 TS Credit (Breakfast - MK)

Tuesday September 12th - Waterpark Morning, DTD/DS Afternoon/Evening
2 QS Credit (Breakfast or Lunch - Waterpark)

Wednesday September 13th - Resort Day
Out of Pocket (Breakfast/Lunch - Resort)

Thursday September 14th - Animal Kingdom Early Morning
2 QS Credit (Breakfast - AK)
2 TS Credit (Dinner - AKL)

Friday September 15th - EPCOT
4 TS Credit (Dinner - EPCOT)

Saturday September 16th - Hollywood Studios Early Morning
2 QS Credit (Breakfast - HS)
2 TS Credit (Dinner - Wilderness)

Sunday September 17th - Waterpark Morning/Early Afternoon, DTD/DS Late afternoon/Evening
2 QS Credit (Breakfast/Lunch - Waterpark)

Monday September 18th - Animal Kingdom
2 QS Credit (Brunch - AK)
2 TS Credit (Dinner - Poly)

Tuesday September 20th - Magic Kingdom
2 TS Credit (Breakfast - Contemporary)

Wednesday - Magic Kingdom, Depart WDW/USA

What's the breakdown?!

According to the DDP Calculator (distripplanner.com) it states that we will have used all our entitlements (Yay, go me).
I'm going to do this in $$ now so don't get confused like me!
It states that the DDP:

This dining plan would cost $1697.92 and covers the following amounts:
  • Entrees & Drinks: $1124.90
  • Appetizers: $0.00
  • Desserts: $0.00
  • Snacks: $110.04
  • Refillable Mugs: $35.98
  • Taxes: $41.42
You would need to pay for these amounts out of pocket:
  • Entrees & Drinks: $61.20
  • Appetizers: $0.00
  • Desserts: $0.00
  • Snacks: $0.00
  • Refillable Mugs: $17.99
  • Tips: $123.39
  • Taxes: $3.99

So there we go, all broken down. I'm really pleased how this went, and it is so easy to do (once you figure out the places you're going to eat at!) I'm taking it as a pinch of salt due to price increase, new restaurants etc.
I put 0 both the starters and desserts as we don't eat one at every meal, obviously this will most likely change and have the odd one as it is included but for now, I'll leave it. There's no need to factor it in if it will already be included in the DDP.

Next Post Coming Very Soon &
Disney Movie Week 2 Tomorrow!

Joining in.

Congrats on your engagement!

Love that you are doing a weekly Disney movie!

Looking forward to more!

Week Two of Movie Marathon
110 Weeks To Go

Tangled

Who are you and how did you find me?

That's right, today's Disney Movie was Tangled!
I adore this film so much. I originally watched it on a flight, on my own, to Australia. I didn't have much expectations but it sure did exceed them! Here are some of my favourite parts.. I just love how her character is portrayed through this film, and of course I love Pascal! - we actually have a Christmas Pascal that sits on the windowsill next to the Christmas tree :santa:

giphy.gif

That frying pan though..

giphy.gif

I literally laughed at this bit so hard, I think Luke got annoyed..

giphy.gif

I was crying at this point..

Anyways, I can't wait to see the tower at Magic Kingdom, I still can't believe it isn't even a ride, it's public restrooms. I'll be a freaky person taking photo's inside.

Stay tuned for next Thursday for the third Disney Movie!

Last edited:
Love Love Love Tangled! Such a fun movie for kids and adults! I agree about the Tangled tower being a bathroom instead of a ride...that was pretty shocking to me as well. But you are not alone, I will also be the crazy one taking pictures inside the bathroom too!

Week Three of Movie Marathon
109 Weeks To Go

Lilo & Stitch
'Ohana means family which means no one gets left behind, or forgotten - Lilo

giphy.gif

I forgot how much I love this film, it's such a classic and I can't believe it came out in 2002! Something I'll give Disney credit for is how realistic they make the women. Most films you see slim builds, but in this movie, it just gives an accurate reality into the lives of many women. Here's some of the clips that I adore from this movie. However, I'm really beginning to think I want an adr at the Poly for breakfast now..

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Stay tuned for next Thursday's where we will have reached four weeks already. Yay!

Last edited:

Week Four of Movie Marathon
108 weeks to go

Tarzan
You'll always be in my heart

giphy.gif

I want to swing in the trees..

Wow I can't believe it has been four weeks already! But today's movie was Tarzan! I haven't watched this since it first came out in 1999 (I was 8). Of course I cried in it, maybe I need some thick skin because in every film I've watched so far I have cried! I can't bare to face Bambi.. I don't even know if I'll have the courage to do it! Anyway, I never noticed this until a post came out about hidden Disney characters in other films.. Do you know who features in Tarzan?

giphy.gif

Mrs Potts & Chip, of course.

Here are some of my favourite bits...

giphy.gif

There's a piranha!

giphy.gif

Cutest thing ever

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

These two are my all time favourite couple.. How can you not love Jane?

Get ready for another update next Thursday, I will also be posting a new post about our rough plans day by day! Only 7 months to go till I can book our resort & tickets! Now I'm going back to doing our wedding invitations..

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Week Five of Movie Marathon
107 weeks to go

Beauty & The Beast
“Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious! Don’t believe me? Ask the dishes!” – Lumiere

giphy.gif

I have to say before I get into this, I don't even remember ever watching all of this film. It's a classic, and probably in my top ten. I really enjoy it, but I only enjoy one song from it.. Any guesses?
I don't like Gaston at all, I know it's his character but I can't get into him :scratchin My favourite characters are Mrs Potts and Chip, I wish they did a character meet, but I honestly expected BOG to have their teapots and cups with a bit of decoration on them to resemble Mrs Potts & Chip. I am really looking forward to eating there, especially trying the grey stuff!

giphy.gif

Absolutely adore him.

giphy.gif

My favourites

giphy.gif

The perfect duo.

See you next week, I'll be upping my game when September rolls around.. More about it soon!

Lilo & Stitch one of my absolute favorites!!! We are definitely eating at Ohana! Can't wait to see Stitch & Lilo!!

Tarzan is such a cute movie, we didn't end up doing that for a movie night :(

Beauty and the Beast, we just did that movie night! Crazy to think we only have 2 more movie nights left before we leave.

Looking forward to seeing which one you pick next and hearing about your plans!

Lilo & Stitch one of my absolute favorites!!! We are definitely eating at Ohana! Can't wait to see Stitch & Lilo!!

Tarzan is such a cute movie, we didn't end up doing that for a movie night :(

Beauty and the Beast, we just did that movie night! Crazy to think we only have 2 more movie nights left before we leave.

Looking forward to seeing which one you pick next and hearing about your plans!

You've only got two more to go!? That has gone so quick! Your PTR was my inspiration as I wanted to do something each week! I hope you'll be doing a TR, I hope the kids have a fab time!

You've only got two more to go!? That has gone so quick! Your PTR was my inspiration as I wanted to do something each week! I hope you'll be doing a TR, I hope the kids have a fab time!

Yeah, seems so crazy that we will be going so soon.

Awe, I am so glad my PTR inspired someone. I really think movie nights is such a fun idea for preparing for a Disney trip, it seemed to help pass the time too! I will definitely be doing it next time too!

I will absolutely plan on doing a TR! Thank you, I can't wait to see how munch fun they have.

Week Six of Movie Marathon
106 weeks to go

Mulan
“You said you trust Ping! Why is Mulan any different?" -Mulan

giphy.gif

This weeks movie was Mulan! Mulan is one of my favourite top ten films, I think the story line comes across brilliantly, especially to children, well it sure did for me when I was younger. Who would have thought that a young woman would sneak off to join the imperial army because her father was already ill but knew she could be killed. It's a truly great movie, however, I think a lot of people take the 'dishonour/honour' thing a bit too seriously. I don't know, maybe it's just me. I really hope to do a meet with her!

giphy.gif

Probably the best character ever.

giphy.gif

I laughed so hard, his face says it all.

giphy.gif

Also laughed here too! Can you tell there's a theme?

I'll be updating on a 'normal' post very soon! Bye for now!

Hey Lana! :wave2: I'm following along :goodvibes I like the idea of watching a Disney film each week. Hopefully that will make the weeks fly by :goodvibes Looking forward to hearing more plans!

We are doing weekly Disney movies as well! This week is our Tangled week.

PS. I read your trip with an English accent. Just saying.:flower3:

Hey Lana! :wave2: I'm following along :goodvibes I like the idea of watching a Disney film each week. Hopefully that will make the weeks fly by :goodvibes Looking forward to hearing more plans!

Hi Katie! :wave: Nice of you to tag along! I can't believe I've been away from the DIS in so long, I've been doing wedding stuff.. :coffee: I hope you have an awesome holiday and can't wait to read your next TR!

We are doing weekly Disney movies as well! This week is our Tangled week.

PS. I read your trip with an English accent. Just saying.:flower3:

Hi vleeth :wave: I love tangled.. My Disney film day is Maleficent I think! Believe it or not but my accent isn't that British.. I wish it was though! :earsboy:

Last edited:
Week Seven of Movie Marathon

105 weeks to go

Pocahontas
“I'd rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you" - Capt. John Smith

giphy.gif

Pocahontas is probably one of my favourite films with the perfect soundtrack. I know every song off by heart.. It's such a great film I don't have words to describe. I cannot wait to do a meet and greet (hopefully..)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter