Its almost here! - Words of advice plz

^^^^^^100% THIS ^^^^^^

Planning every little thing down to the finest detail is how you minimize how many unexpected things happen, it's not going to eliminate them.

Nobody has the "Perfect Wedding" as imagined, but many end up having the "Perfect Wedding" because they thoroughly enjoyed their day without letting any minor - or major - miscues spoil the mood ........... and as the bride, you will be the arbiter of the "mood". Know that ahead of time and you will be fine.

Imagine some "worst case scenarios" like a table leg gives way and that perfect cake you spent hours designing/tasting. etc comes tumbling down and hits the floor. Laugh it off and come up with a contingency plan on the spot like sitting on the floor next to the pile for your cake pictures. There's a lot of pressure because of the thought that there are no do-overs to that most special day and if something screws up, it's perceived as "permanent". But that also applies to you being upset for a couple hours of that limited special time over something that messed up. You may laugh about the cake for the rest of your life....... or it may get under your skin every time you think about it - but it would be far worse if you let it upset you during your special day because what you will remember is that you were pissed off and didn't enjoy yourself for the rest of the reception.

thanks! i love how you said take pictures on the floor with the cake! i will keep that in mind (the idea of funny pictures). speaking of which.. at my sisters wedding this past august, there is a funny shot of her holding the appetizer plate and eating it.. i made sure she ate that day and her photographer captured it.. to show brides they can eat haha.

I will third this! My stepmother said it to me and I did not heed her advice. I took a bite here and a bite there but never actually sat down and ate. Sit down and eat!

thanks! we will be served our dinner right after our first dance. then our guest will be called for the buffet line.. while they get food...i eat it!

1. Pee BEFORE you put that dress on!

2. Enjoy every single moment with your parents. When they are no longer here, you will always cherish the moment you had with them during your wedding....father/daughter dance, etc.

3. This is YOUR special day. Don't worry about everyone else or trying to make them happy.

4. Don't send a bill to any "no-shows" for their meal. It will go viral and make you look like a money grubbing loser.

Last edited:
1. Pee BEFORE you put that dress on!

2. Enjoy every single moment with your parents. When they are no longer here, you will always cherish the moment you had with them during your wedding....father/daughter dance, etc.

3. This is YOUR special day. Don't worry about everyone else or trying to make them happy.

4. Don't send a bill to any "no-shows" for their meal. It will go viral and make you look like a money grubbing loser.

Oh heck yeah!! Ever try to squeeze a ball gown into a wedding venue stall with 2 bridesmaid helping - talk about epic fail:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Speaking from recent experience since my DD got married 11 days ago. Relax and have fun! The day before her wedding was chaos. I took the day off work to relax. That never happened! Her wedding dress wasn't steamed when she went to get it (it was later that day when she went back), She went to get a belt for DGS2 and it was $42 (expecting ~$12), one bridesmaid had emergency surgery for her pregnancy so we had to get a new bridesmaid at the last minute sending me about 75 minutes away to get a new personalized bridesmaid gift, and we had forgotten to get the rest of the pictures for the memory table. By 5 pm, with a rehearsal at 5:30 pm, it was all taken care of.

We got up the day of her wedding and the two of us went to get our hair done. Then we got make up, did a drive through for lunch with all the bridesmaids with me driving them all around and started pictures around noon. She was very relaxed and just had fun the entire day hanging out and enjoying it all. Just kind of soaking it all up, even though there was one little fiasco with the marriage license not being at the wedding so they wouldn't start the ceremony until it got there. Over all, it was her dream wedding.

So relax and enjoy!! Soak it all up! Have fun!! It will all be fine.

Oh heck yeah!! Ever try to squeeze a ball gown into a wedding venue stall with 2 bridesmaid helping - talk about epic fail:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
our venue's bathrooms are roomy! but it should still be interesting... i do have a ball gown with extra layers under! :thumbsup2
Enjoy your wedding and I speak a blessing over you and your love.
thank you!
Speaking from recent experience since my DD got married 11 days ago. Relax and have fun! The day before her wedding was chaos. I took the day off work to relax. That never happened! Her wedding dress wasn't steamed when she went to get it (it was later that day when she went back), She went to get a belt for DGS2 and it was $42 (expecting ~$12), one bridesmaid had emergency surgery for her pregnancy so we had to get a new bridesmaid at the last minute sending me about 75 minutes away to get a new personalized bridesmaid gift, and we had forgotten to get the rest of the pictures for the memory table. By 5 pm, with a rehearsal at 5:30 pm, it was all taken care of.

We got up the day of her wedding and the two of us went to get our hair done. Then we got make up, did a drive through for lunch with all the bridesmaids with me driving them all around and started pictures around noon. She was very relaxed and just had fun the entire day hanging out and enjoying it all. Just kind of soaking it all up, even though there was one little fiasco with the marriage license not being at the wedding so they wouldn't start the ceremony until it got there. Over all, it was her dream wedding.

So relax and enjoy!! Soak it all up! Have fun!! It will all be fine.
sounds like a crazy day before! my family is good at doing everything last minute... im trying to avoid that at all cost... i have the 4 days before the wedding off... so i hope to get everything together and ready before we go up to the venue on tuesday for our wednesday wedding!

the only issue on saturday at my friends wedding was the limo arriving late to pic up the girls to take them to the church... we were 2 blocks from the church but everything was wet outside so we relaxed and waited.. they couldnt start without the bride! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter