Its almost here! - Words of advice plz

craedaisy12

Mouseketeer
My wedding is in a month! I will become a Mrs on October 21st!

As the last few months have flown by, I know I have to stop talking about the wedding soon... let's be honest, I've enjoyed planning it but it's been a wedding year for me (I'm at that age!).

I am at the point where I would like to get the fine details over with and just want the day to come..but want to cherish is as much as I can.. I've attended one wedding this year and was in 2 others, in one more before my day. I know how quickly the day goes with all the events throughout the day. With my wedding being the last one for me this year (going to one in May!) I have to try to turn into the bride instead of a bridesmaid... would like any kind of advice!

Oh, I'm really excited for our honeymoon...17 day road trip!

It will all work out in the end. It always does. :). Like @aarcher said don't sweat the small stuff! :thumbsup2

You'll look back at it and feel like you were floating above only remembering snippets. :cloud9:

And after all is said and done (including honeymoon) you will go through a lull. Just know it is completely normal. This has been all consuming, then in a flash it's over. Takes some adjustment but know you're not the first to feel that. :hug:

Congratulations!!! :bride:

Have fun! Where I come from, weddings are big lavish affairs, and the best advice I got was to enjoy it. Many ladies I knew spent the entire reception making the rounds, table to table. Therefore, I had a cocktail reception (tons of food), no assigned seating (historic mansion with a huge porch, and many rooms, with a tent out back by the gardens for the dance floor). I spent my reception on that dance floor, with a vodka tonic in my hand (no worry about spills). This day is about you and your husband - enjoy it.

Eat and breathe. Remember to take a few minutes for you and your spouse right after the ceremony!

ALSO, just go with the flowwwww. As long as you get to marry the love of your life and no one dies, it was a good day. ;)

October 21 is our anniversary date also. We'll be going to DL for a couple of days followed by a couple of days in San Francisco.

Only special people are allowed to get married on that date. It will be 38 years next month.

Last edited:

Everything that could go wrong, went wrong at our wedding, but 38 years later, we look back and laugh about the wonderful day! Enjoy!!

:love2::love2:i want to say thank you for all of the advice. Over the past few months I've felt fine about all the planning. How easy it was with the venue we chose and everything. Ceremony and reception at this beautiful bed and breakfast! I don't know if it's just the reality setting in that it's only 4 weeks away but I just need the reminder to enjoy the day and what happens happens.

I am arranging final details for my friends wedding that's next weekend on the 3rd and hers isn't as simple as mine. I'm there for her and hope I help her with her beautiful day and not worry about mine!

We are working on some details of our 17 day road trip now... I'm really looking forward to get away and spend time with him! :love2:

:love2::love2:i want to say thank you for all of the advice. Over the past few months I've felt fine about all the planning. How easy it was with the venue we chose and everything. Ceremony and reception at this beautiful bed and breakfast! I don't know if it's just the reality setting in that it's only 4 weeks away but I just need the reminder to enjoy the day and what happens happens.

I am arranging final details for my friends wedding that's next weekend on the 3rd and hers isn't as simple as mine. I'm there for her and hope I help her with her beautiful day and not worry about mine!

We are working on some details of our 17 day road trip now... I'm really looking forward to get away and spend time with him! :love2:

Sounds like he's a lucky man. Best Wishes from Canada!

Remember in the grand scheme of things, the wedding isn't really that important. It's the marriage that matters. That will help keep things in perspective.

When something goes wrong, and it usually does, take a deep breathe, count to 10. Then just remember it just a day. It is the marriage that matters. You get the greatest guy in the world & hopefully a happily ever after.

Thank you for the well wishes! It's 3 weeks now! Ahh haha

The other day I was thinking of how Matt and I are together, how we work on projects and talk about things. I realize how lucky I am. We aren't married yet but know what we want in the future and are working towards that.

At work I got in a conversation with a customer and the husbands words of advice was never go to bed angry and talk to each other. When he said that I knew I chose the right guy. We talk about everything and I feel comfortable telling him everything.

Our next adventure will be finding a home to build our lives together. I'm ready for the next step!

Just remember those words as time goes by. Right now is the easy time, marriage is a marathon, cliche but true.

If you can keep that communication you guys will be great!!!

Enjoy the day. Stop and really look around at your wedding...really LOOK. Take almost like a photograph in your mind.

Marriage itself...it's pretty easy if you're married to the right person. Sometimes it's OK to go to bed with a discussion unresolved. Sometimes a good night kiss and a discussion in the morning when there's a fresh perspective can help.

Enjoy the day. Stop and really look around at your wedding...really LOOK. Take almost like a photograph in your mind.

Marriage itself...it's pretty easy if you're married to the right person. Sometimes it's OK to go to bed with a discussion unresolved. Sometimes a good night kiss and a discussion in the morning when there's a fresh perspective can help.

Thank you! I did that yesterday at the wedding I was in! Yesterday was my 4th wedding this year and 3rd one I was in. I've always been one to just enjoy everyone around me and soak in my surroundings. I hope to be able To do it on my day!

Don't drink on your wedding day. :drinking:
If you do, make sure someone films your speech. :crazy:

We are having a dry reception! But we will be having an after party at the bar down the street since we have any early wedding and the reception ends at 4!

With just 17 days until the big day, I'm at the point where I'm ready for my vacation (21days including before wedding and honeymoon!!!) there will be a lot of last minute things we will have to do but in the end I'm marrying my best friend and couldn't ask for more. I feel blessed with what I have!

Just don't sweat the small stuff. Everything won't be perfect. Just have fun and enjoy the day.

We had a kid barf all over the dance floor. The photographer happened to catch a picture of everyone's face as they saw it happen. Could've ruined the day - turned out to be a hilarious memory.

Enjoy!

^^^^^^100% THIS ^^^^^^

Planning every little thing down to the finest detail is how you minimize how many unexpected things happen, it's not going to eliminate them.

Nobody has the "Perfect Wedding" as imagined, but many end up having the "Perfect Wedding" because they thoroughly enjoyed their day without letting any minor - or major - miscues spoil the mood ........... and as the bride, you will be the arbiter of the "mood". Know that ahead of time and you will be fine.

Imagine some "worst case scenarios" like a table leg gives way and that perfect cake you spent hours designing/tasting. etc comes tumbling down and hits the floor. Laugh it off and come up with a contingency plan on the spot like sitting on the floor next to the pile for your cake pictures. There's a lot of pressure because of the thought that there are no do-overs to that most special day and if something screws up, it's perceived as "permanent". But that also applies to you being upset for a couple hours of that limited special time over something that messed up. You may laugh about the cake for the rest of your life....... or it may get under your skin every time you think about it - but it would be far worse if you let it upset you during your special day because what you will remember is that you were pissed off and didn't enjoy yourself for the rest of the reception.

Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!

Sounds crazy but you'll be so hyped up about 20,000 things food is last in the list. MAKE SURE TO EAT!!!
I will third this! My stepmother said it to me and I did not heed her advice. I took a bite here and a bite there but never actually sat down and ate. Sit down and eat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter