It's all part of the plan... More or less! A Dec TR!

I have read so many TRs lately that speak of these Mickey sprinkles. I think I need them. :rotfl:

Take your time editing! We'll be here waiting! :goodvibes

As for snow, we have quite a bit, but it doesn't slow us down any. The sidewalks are clear and that is the most important thing. It melts in the City pretty quickly too-so there are just small piles all over the place. I didn't realize FL was the only state without snow! Wow!

Hello all. Just up waiting for the school to call and tell me that Brenda doesn't have Preschool again today. We have been having some crappy weather lately. I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this poor little TR. Things here are just over the top hectic right now. Things are so hectic that I had to buy a 7 day extension from Photopass! :sad2: Gavin has been sick (and goes to the Peds Surgeon on Feb 9) and Jon actually hurt his back right before Brenda's birthday party on Sunday (has seen the dr 3 times this week)... and hasn't been able to work this week. He has a strained lumbar and really is in a lot of pain. As my Facebook friends can attest I haven't been around much. I had actually given thought to ditching the TR but I hate when others do it so I won't. I will try to get things going here again soon.

Hello all. Just up waiting for the school to call and tell me that Brenda doesn't have Preschool again today. We have been having some crappy weather lately. I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this poor little TR. Things here are just over the top hectic right now. Things are so hectic that I had to buy a 7 day extension from Photopass! :sad2: Gavin has been sick (and goes to the Peds Surgeon on Feb 9) and Jon actually hurt his back right before Brenda's birthday party on Sunday (has seen the dr 3 times this week)... and hasn't been able to work this week. He has a strained lumbar and really is in a lot of pain. As my Facebook friends can attest I haven't been around much. I had actually given thought to ditching the TR but I hate when others do it so I won't. I will try to get things going here again soon.
Hope Gavin gets well soon and hope you enjoy the snow day best you can! it is actually like 20degrees here in dallas even. How is Jon's back? no rush on the TR, real life and taking care of your family takes priority!!! we will all be here when you get back! ;):hug:

Tam, NO RUSH. And I promise we will still be waiting. You take care of your family -- that is top priority. Hope all are feeling better soon.

The weather here has been something, hasn't it? I think State College borough forgot how to plow, too -- the sidewalks in town were AWFUL this morning. I've started carrying an extra pair of pants for when I inevitably slip and fall!

Keep warm and stay safe with the kids, and hope Jon and Gavin feel better :goodvibes

I'm following along too. Love the TR. your kids are adorable and sound like great kids. Gavin is a strong little man.
We were there 11/24-12/1. We just passed you. and your right. The day we left if was SOOO COLD. we were dressed to come back to Boston weather but not ready for it in Florida!

Don't ditch us!!! We'll stay with you - life happens! And wowsers - you've had a doozy of events lately. Big hugs! :hug: Take your time my friend!

Hi again! I just wanted to stop in and give you all an update on things here. First, Jon's back is doing better. He is down to only seeing the dr twice a week... and for now is back to work on limited lifting. He is moving around more. Actually, I am not sure if I told you all how that happened. Sunday (Jan 16) was Brenda's birthday party. I sent him and Gavin to get the cake while Brenda and I went and decorated the hall and got her hair all princess-ey. Next thing I know an hour and a half has passed and I didn't realize it. Was so busy working... and then he comes hobbling in. As it turns out he had bent over at the register to get the cake from the cart when his back just snapped. He was in so much pain. He hadn't even picked up the cake. So when he was able to get in to the dr Monday morning it turned out that he had strained his lumbar. The bending was more or less the straw that broke the camel's back... Or in this case, Jon's back.

As for Gavin, he is doing a little better each day. The cold is just hanging on but I think part of it is his Hirschsprung's disease issues. He has an appt on Feb 9th to see the peds surgeon and we will most likely schedule surgery then. This appt has been planned for a while and is really the soonest his dr can see him, although there really isn't much they can do because there has to be certain lengths of time between the Botox surgery. Too much Botox at one time would really hurt him so they have to make sure it has truely left his body. Botox is crazy stuff... I am not so sure I would be to willing to use it for cosmetic purposes after the many things I have read. I must say that it is helping Gavin... until it starts to break down. Gavin's Dr is an amazing dr but he says the next surgery will most likely be the last Botox surgery he will do on Gavin. Then we will have to move on to something more permanent. Not too happy with that but we have been told that many times, by many drs. The Botox has at least bought us some time.

I did finally get my photopass CD ordered this past weekend. Not sure how long it will take to come. I had to get an extension because I just couldn't get them done. I was spending most nights on the floor in Gavin's bedroom so I was there when he needed me.

In any case, I am trying to get an update together. I was thinking you all might like to get to our first day... you know, the evening of our first meal! :rotfl:

so glad Jon's back is doing better and hope Gavin continues to get better too. Amazing what science can do huh? I worked for a year for a plastic/cosmetic surgery distributor and we sold things like laser and lipo equipment. But i went to a lot of tradeshows and had a lot of involvement in the industry and it is amazing all the cosmetic treatments that evolved from true medical treatments and vice versa!

i hope his appt goes well in Feb and that they find a good more permanent option that isn't too difficult on you guys. Keeping you in my prayers!

Ok, So last I left off, what feels like a million years ago, I had a crying breakdown checking in and finally had pulled myself together in the room. I knew that everyone was tired and it was much later than we had planned on getting to WDW. So, there really wasn't anytime to go to MK like I had debated. Our car was way over packed so it took Jon a million trips to get things to the room. I knew that we should just get showered and ready for our dinner ADR. I knew if we were a little early we could do a little shopping! I was pretty excited about things! So Jon rested across the bed and the kids each rested while I got my shower. Then I gave each of the kiddos a bath and Jon got in the shower. While Jon showered I kept unpacking things. When Jon got out and we were all dressed, Jon decided that we needed to put up the Christmas lights in the window before we left. Remember, he thought I was nuts for getting them in the first place and he is the one that decided it needed done first thing! :rotfl: And, Yes, I am a bad disser! I never got a picture of the window! :scared1:
So next we are off to the bus stop! Where are we going you might ask??? We are headed to the Contemporary! We are headed for Chef Mickey's!!!!! Now I really need to say that to a first timer the transportation can be quite confusing. I knew that we needed to catch the bus from POP to MK. Then we could monorail to CR. Hmmm... when I get off the bus which way to go??? It really wasn't that hard but I was on overload. Also, we were already pretty tired. At this point I hadn't slept in days and Jon had gotten very limited sleep. Even the kids are drained. This should prove that. This is the kids on their first Disney bus ride to MK. First Gavin...
IMG_2595.jpg

And then Brenda...
IMG_2596.jpg

By the time we get off the bus they are wired again. Me... well, I am on that emotional high. I quickly find the way to the monorail and we are once again off. This time the kids stay awake. They think the monorail is the best thing in the world. I think we could have skipped the park tickets and just rode the monorail all week! :rotfl:

We check in about 20 minutes early for Chef Mickey's. I am one of those people that I am habitually early. I hate when people are late and make me wait so I don't make others wait. I used to be really bad about being super ealry before the kids came. They slow me down a little! :rotfl2:

We get our picture taken, which was the worst picture of the 4 of us on the whole trip. We didn't buy it but did get some of the others. We have a seat on those red couches outside the entrance and about 10 minutes later we are "vibrated" to be seated!

I know that Chef Mickey's gets a bad rap sometimes but we really did enjoy it. Perhaps because it was our first time we didn't know what to expect. As far as food I didn't get many pictures of any food on our trip. I know... I know... bad Diser! But I was a newbie! The only food that sticks out in my memory for Chef Mickey's is the lobster Bisque. It was so yummy that i think I am 500 bowls that night. :lmao: Ok, I know that is an exaggeration but I had at least 3 bowls. :rotfl: While we were eating the people we had come so far to see started to come around... Instead of autograph books we did pillow cases. They were great for the kids. The characters all seemed to like them too. Now the kiddos have them to sleep with each night now that they are home!
First, there was the big cheese himself.
IMG_2601.jpg

I have to tell you I had to really fight the tears when the kids would see the characters coming. They would get so excited and want nothing more than to hug them and not let go! Next came the real boss of Disney, she just lets Mickey think he is the boss!
IMG_2608.jpg

Of course after these 2 it was time for some napkin twirling!
IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

After the dancing we were visited by 3 ghosts... uh, no. Sorry. Wrong story! We were visit by the last 3 characters!
IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

By this time it was dessert time. The desserts were super yummy too. I got a huge plate of everything and we just all shared them. There was some little chocolate dome like thing that I could have eaten all night. Can't remember what they were called. We then got our bill and settled things. Thank goodness for the dining plan!!! :cool1: Then of course we got the biggest hugs from the kids as they are now realizing where they really are and what was going to be happening for the next 10 days.
These are my all time favorite pictures from that first night. Just getting lovens from the kids. Life is AMAZING! And, of course I am crying... again!
IMG_2625-1.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

Once we were out of Chef Mickey's we did a little shopping in the CR. Brenda of course saw Minnie earrings that she wanted so badly. If you remember she had been saving her piggy money and we turned it into a gift card for her. She asked if she could use the piggy money to buy them. I knew that she would be wanting earrings... she had only told me a million times before we got there. So that is her very first purchase in Disney. They were the cutest set of 3 pairs of earrings. One was Minnie, one pair of Minnie's purse, and one pair of Minnie's flowers. I am telling you all about these earrings because she had me put them in her ears in the lobby and that is where they stayed... till the night she lost one in her bedroom. She cried and cried when they were lost... just before Christmas. It broke my heart. I called to see if I could get them replaced and it was a completely outrageous price to ship them. Close to Christmas there is no choice in shipping. You pay the air price. Which was more than the earrings themselves. Then of course after Christmas I lost the little card when I was cleaning out and well, lets just say the earrings are a lost cause now. We have never found the lost earrings and sometimes Brenda still says she misses her Minnie earrings. I know they will be on our list again in 2013 when we return.
So, ok... we did some shopping. Saw the cute little Littlest Pet shop like Disney characters and Brenda added to her list for Santa. I did have tons of restraint and didn't get them... that night! :rotfl:
After leaving the CR we took a few laps on the monorail. The kids love the monorail again and were sad when we got off to go back to the room. We did tell them we would ride it a lot this week... and that we would be going to MK the next day. We did get to the castle a few times on our trips on the monorail. Each time Brenda's face lit up. I was so excited to see her face the next day when we finally made it to MK!
After the monorail it was a bus back to POP and back to the room.... Then off to dreamland... and what amazing dreams I am sure the kiddos had that night! We set the alarm because the next day we would step foot into a dream world! But would I cry all day there.. or just part of the day??? :rotfl:

What a fabulous 1st day. I love that picture of Gavin slumped over sleeping on the bus. Thats so fummy. I think Brenda looks like she is in shock or amazed at all the characters. :goodvibes

What a fabulous 1st day. I love that picture of Gavin slumped over sleeping on the bus. Thats so fummy. I think Brenda looks like she is in shock or amazed at all the characters. :goodvibes

That is one of my favorites too! :lmao: I had no idea he was falling asleep because I was just taking it all in... and then I noticed he was hanging over my arm... and heavy!!

Brenda was in AWWW of all the characters she met that night. At one point she asked me if we would be going home since she saw everyone. I told her no way! We would see so many more! It was great to see it all through her eyes.

I'm going to Orlando for spring break with my best friend and her family -- not sure yet if we're going to make it to the World, but if we do and it would help you out, I'd be happy to pick up a new card of earrings for you and bring them back to State College :goodvibes

Tam, what a GREAT first night...the best way to start it with the Fab Five! I love the photos of the kids sleeping on the bus and then pretty much wide awake at dinner.

I can't wait to hear about the first day at the parks.

We are going back in September and I would be happy to look for the earrings for Brenda if you would like me to. Just let me know.

I loved your latest update!! What room were you in at Disney?? I may of seen your room since we were at POP right around the same time!!

Your kids are so adorable!! Brenda's story with her earrings make me want to go to Disney World right now and get her some!! :banana: (I'm all for it..Lol)

I'm going to Orlando for spring break with my best friend and her family -- not sure yet if we're going to make it to the World, but if we do and it would help you out, I'd be happy to pick up a new card of earrings for you and bring them back to State College :goodvibes

That would be awesome!! I would be so happy if only I could get Brenda those earrings. She got other ones for Christmas but she just loved those Minnie's! Let me know if you are going and I can meet up with you and get you the money! I can post a picture of the one earring we have too!

Tam, what a GREAT first night...the best way to start it with the Fab Five! I love the photos of the kids sleeping on the bus and then pretty much wide awake at dinner.

I can't wait to hear about the first day at the parks.

We are going back in September and I would be happy to look for the earrings for Brenda if you would like me to. Just let me know.

We did have a great first night! I was so glad that we went to Chef Mickey's that night. It was a great kick off and I think we will most likely make that our first night plans on each trip. Its just a great way to see the icons and not wait in line!

If Pintamino doesn't find the earrings I would be so grateful if you could get them in September! I know Brenda would be through the roof if she were to get another pair. I will make sure you have a picture of them. Good thing I held on to the single one. :lmao:

I loved your latest update!! What room were you in at Disney?? I may of seen your room since we were at POP right around the same time!!

Your kids are so adorable!! Brenda's story with her earrings make me want to go to Disney World right now and get her some!! :banana: (I'm all for it..Lol)

You know for the life of me I can not remember the room number right now. Jon has that little pocket thing so I will have to get it from him. It has the room number. I can tell you it was in the 70s building. Back side, 3rd floor and on the corner/ end closest the elevator. We always had a huge laugh because one of the first times we were getting off the elevator Gavin says "Look its Mickey's Butt!!" because when you got off the elevator and look to the right the first thing you see is the back of the Mickey phone! Each time we got off the elevator Jon and I would look at each other and have a little giggle!

I had suggested that we just run right back and pick a pair up. Jon didn't fall for it! :rotfl: He said the best he could do is 2013. Its so funny cause we want to take an inexpensive 3 day trip this summer. Just really to get away together again. I keep suggesting just a quick trip to Disney... he isn't falling for it!

What a great first night! Chef Mickey's is a MUST DO for all first timers, it beats standing in a long line to meet the Big Cheese

Can't wait to hear more!!!

another great update- so glad you enjoyed Chef Mickey's. great pics and love the pillowcases. I did that on the Disney Cruise- you turn them into the guest services desk with your ziploc of sharpies and your name and you pick them up at the end of the cruise, all signed! you don't even have to go hunt down the characters for it! it was great.

cute pic of the kids asleep on the bus too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter