It's all part of the plan... More or less! A Dec TR!

I'm here too!

oh and i think we sat right next to you at Le Cellier on 12/8 and didn't even know it was you until you left! You sat near the fireplace by the door to the kitchen?

we were at hte table right next to you- a 6 top- i had my MIL, niece, hubby and Will with me. Your hubby was sitting facing the kitchen door, so I couldn't see him or Gavin. So it didn't click it was you, because i didn't see two kids. But then when you guys left, i heard you call for Gavin, and you were out the door before i could say hi- i was like, hey, i know her!!!! it was too late. so funny though! Hope you had a great time and great meal!

First, Welcome everyone who is joining in! I am so glad you are going to come on over here and read along. It makes it some much more wonderful to know I have readers following along! I'll try not to drag things out too much, but I want to relive EVERY minute of my trip. :)

does being # 3 count for anything?? glad to hear you had fun.. sorry we didn't get a chance to meet.

we thought for sure we would run into a lot you fellow dissers at the pools.. um.. that didn't happen.

we both decided this is our last winter trip. in 2007 we went about the same time and it was in the low 70's! (and nebo laughed at me for bringing my winter coat).

looking forward to reading!

I thought for sure I would run into you and Nebo. The trip seemed to be so much rushing... even for as long as we were there. I am from PA, but there is no way you were catching me in that cold water at the pool. The kids asked a few times but the only days we could have went were already so full.

If things do work out the way we are hoping we are going to try the whole Nov/ Dec thing again. It got me in such a Christmas mood this year... and lasted longer, so I will take that and bear the weather.

I can't wait to hear about your trip. I love hearing about first visits. Your kids are adorable! My daughter is like yours, she's very "spirited." LOL She has so much fun at Disney. Gavin sounds like a real trooper! I am glad your dr. advised you to go on this trip, I am sure it was awesome for everyone!

Thanks. One thing that everyone knows is my kiddos are my world... my real world... although I seem to be happiest when I take them to THE WORLD! :rotfl: It was an amazing trip and regardless of what happens in the future with Gavin's health, I am forever thankful that we took this trip.

I'm in! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! :banana:
Thanks for joining in!

I'm here for the ride! You all really deserved this trip and I'm so glad that you were able to take it. Hope WDW is everything you had dreamed of.
Thanks! Not sure if we deserved it or not but wow! What amazing memories we now have.

I'm here too! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Will be getting up part of our departure day tomorrow... I hope. Brenda started back to preschool today so I am not sure what tomorrow brings. I know she is off but she sometimes gets clingy when there are HUGE changes to her home routine.

I'm here! I have to read yet, but wanted to check-in. :goodvibes I laughed out loud at the title, I JUST got done watching Special Agent Oso with Henry. :rotfl:
Gotta love Special Agent Oso. His plans never work out exactly the way they are supposed to but they are always for the best!
Okay, all read up now! And in tears...I know Gavin's story, but it still gets me.
Oh Tam. :hug::hug::hug: You are so strong woman!!
Gah, just the thought of that has be crying!
I am SO HAPPY to read that the November surgery was a bit of a miracle and that he is doing so well!!! I pray it just gets better each surgery.
Okay, wiping tears away. :)
I'm so excited to read about your adventures!!! :hyper:
No crying in my trip report... except for checking in and checking out! :rotfl: Thank you though. Gavin is the one that is amazing. I don't see myself as strong, just doing what I need to make Gavin have the best life he can. I won't tell you there aren't days I cry my eyes out because I feel so bad for him, but amazingly those are the days he cuddles close and tells me how much he loves me... almost his way of saying its all ok. I cried a lot when he was first born, I cried a lot when I first brought him home and had to do the things he needs done, and I cry a lot before each new step but in the end he is the one that keeps me strong. Its then I know why I was put here to help him have the best life he can... That is my goal in life... to give both Brenda and Gavin the best life I can. Gavin's life just takes more medical attention from me than Brenda's, but she sometimes tends to be the more attention needing one. I am sure its tough for her to be second many times because Gavin needs something done. I do the best I can, but its nothing any mother wouldn't do for their child... Ok, I am moving on now. This is getting too deep! :rotfl:

I'm here too!

oh and i think we sat right next to you at Le Cellier on 12/8 and didn't even know it was you until you left! You sat near the fireplace by the door to the kitchen?

we were at hte table right next to you- a 6 top- i had my MIL, niece, hubby and Will with me. Your hubby was sitting facing the kitchen door, so I couldn't see him or Gavin. So it didn't click it was you, because i didn't see two kids. But then when you guys left, i heard you call for Gavin, and you were out the door before i could say hi- i was like, hey, i know her!!!! it was too late. so funny though! Hope you had a great time and great meal!
Oh no! We were so close!! I wish we had bumped into each other. I am thinking that you probably didn't see us as a family because for some reason I had to take Brenda to the restroom 4 times during that dinner... and Gavin was a REAL handful! :lmao: That is probably why you heard me calling for him. I don't know what it was that night but he really enjoyed running off! :scared1: And yes, it was the BEST meal!!!!

Your children are adorable - cannot wait to read your report :)
Thank you! I think the kiddos are adorable too, but I tend to be a little partial! :rotfl:

Brenda is home sick from Preschool today but I am hoping to get an update on tonight once the kiddos are in bed and Jon is at Bible Study. Keep your fingers crossed! :lmao:

I'm back! I knew you had started your TR and that I had replied, but I never subscribed so I had to go back and find you again! (Don't worry, I made sure I am subscribed now)!

I hope Brenda is feeling better and the yucky funk leaves your house for good!

Brenda is home sick from Preschool today but I am hoping to get an update on tonight once the kiddos are in bed and Jon is at Bible Study. Keep your fingers crossed! :lmao:

Sorry to hear Brenda is sick; I Hope she is feeling better today.

I'm back! I knew you had started your TR and that I had replied, but I never subscribed so I had to go back and find you again! (Don't worry, I made sure I am subscribed now)!

I hope Brenda is feeling better and the yucky funk leaves your house for good!

I have been so trying to work on this TR. I spent a lot of time getting my photopass pictures just right. So now that they are all finished I started typing the TR episode and closed the netbook... without saving. Grrrr! So it was back to starting all over.

Thanks. Brenda stayed home today. We had a MOPS meeting but I didn't want to drag the kids and share germs. They stayed home with daddy. I had no choice but to go. I am on the steering committee and missed 1 meeting in Nov and 2 in Dec! :scared1:

Sorry to hear Brenda is sick; I Hope she is feeling better today.

She stayed home from MOPS today so I am hoping that she is able to go to Preschool tomorrow. She had been playing well, kept food down again, and had no fever... the next thing I have to worry about is the snow! It is snowing out right now and we are to get a few inches. Even if the local school is delayed, Preschool is canceled... and Brenda will once again be heartbroken!

It's so good to hear you also are concerned about brenda's needs. you are a perceptive mommy!

I still think your next trip you should try for a time when pool time is an option.. It really is SO much more enjoyable when you're not freezing the whole time!!

we like may or sept. and sept is a value season!! sometimes kids just like some down time by the pool.

have you seen any pictures of the kid's water play area at Carribbean beach? it looks SO cool!. if we ever get to bring our grnadson down I am torn between the kid-friendly icons, etc. at the Value resorts, and the kiddie slide and water play area at CBR. plus the main pool is zero-entry and has a kiddie slide, besides the main slide.

sigh! so many decisions!

I'm joining in:goodvibes

What a touching story about your son, he sure sounds like an amazing little guy.

Looking forward to more

I really have to apologize here. I have no pictures till we get to the state of FL! Yes, you guessed it. Things were so busy that I never once got the camera out. Grrrrr! Makes me mad now but can't cry over spilt milk.. and there were lots of pictures on our way back through.... Anyway, done feeling sorry and moving on to get this thing started.

The morning of Nov 28th rolled around. I had been super busy trying to get everything the few days before. The countdown calendar still had mickey heads on it. I really didn't want the kiddos pestering me those last few days so we counted down the days till we actually got to Disney.

So we get up for Church on Sunday morning. Jon decided when he got home from work at 6 am that morning that it was in his best interest to just sleep. He knew that if he got up he would be so super tired when it came time to hit the road that night. So I got the kids breakfast, dressed and we were off to church.

The one thing I didn't think about in all my planning of the countdown calendar was Church in the morning. I neglected to think about how many people the kids would see and ask if they were ready for Disney. Our Church family was perhaps more excited for us than our real family. :sad2: I was able to talk to the kids and explain that our church friends were so excited for us and we wouldn't see them the next week because we were in Disney. Crisis averted!

After Church I had to make a run to Wal-mart to pick up a few last minute supplies and head to the drug store for Gavin's meds to take with us. After all that we headed home and finished packing those last minute things. The goal of all our craziness was to be out the door by 11PM. I did everything I could to completely wear the kids out that day. Jon had set his alarm for dinner time... OPPS!!! How could I forget dinner??! So, off I go to wal-mart again for a bucket of chicken from the deli. Our WM deli has a yummy chicken bucket that feeds us and leaves some left overs for $10. So I grabbed the bucket and head home. We have dinner and I put the kids down to watch some TV for a while. I know they are getting tired at this point so my plan was working!!! Jon and I start to carry all the bags down from upstairs and Gavin is so tired he is almost falling over. Too funny. I next get them in their PJs they will wear for the ride. I also break one of my very own rules and make Brenda wear a pull up. She has obviously been trained for A LONG time... but I wasn't sure if we would come across too many good, safe places to stop in the middle of the night if she should happen to go. I know... TMI but my point is this totally upset Brenda. I explained the situation and that it was ONLY for the car ride down and back and she was not turning into a baby. Well, it took me almost an hour to get her in it and in her PJs. Finally I just put on the mommy pants and tell her that is the only way she can go... No peed carseats on the way to FL!

So at this point it is nearing 9. Gavin is passed out on the floor in his PJs. Brenda is in hers now and Jon starts to pack the car. I decided this trip not to use the actually luggage but used a tip from a friend. I used those recycle grocery bags that you use. I got some at the Disney store so that is how I packed all our clothes and EVERYTHING we needed. They could be squished into every inch of the car and adjusted. Everything inside was in zioloc bags so nothing could get dirty. I really think this saved us a lot of room. And thank Heavens I did... I am the Queen of Overpacking! :rotfl: Jon comes in several times and asks if that is it... and each time I said there is 1 more bag. Finally we are down to just Gavin's meds which have to go in the front seat with us so he can get them on time. We all go out and get in the car. Get the kids in the carseats and under their warm blankets... and off we go!

The ride itself was uneventful. Remember we are only driving to Newbern NC on this night. Brenda didn't really sleep a whole lot. Seemed like everytime we stopped she wanted something to eat... which is so unlike her. She is so skinny sometimes so I was all about letting her eat when she wanted. :rotfl2: Jon drives all but an hour and asks if I want to pull over and sleep or if I want to drive. He just needs a quick cat nap. I am way too excited to sleep so I say I can drive for a while. That night was a total of about 500 miles but we arrive at Jon's parents at around 10 AM. Took us a total of 11 hours with a few potty breaks. Jon goes to bed in his mom and dad's bed. Me, the kids, and Jon's mom go to her store. She is a professional seamstress and made Brenda dresses for Disney. She had made an Alice dress for the Tea Party, A Minnie dress, a Belle dress, and the most amazing Snow white dress I have ever seen... complete with cape. She also made her a white fleece shawl because we were bound to hit some chilly weather. She also took in the Cinderella dress I had bought. She made Gavin a pair of red Mickey shorts, dinosaur sweatshirt to wear to T-Rex and a Woody vest. Didn't want to leave him out. We were at her shop all day and she still needed to get more work done. Did lunch at the McDonalds near her shop. We finally decide to leave her shop and she would finish up some hand sewing after dinner. We head for one of my favorite places... BOJANGLES!!!!! I love Bojangles but we don't have any near here. So that was dinner that night. After dinner she did indeed finish Brenda's dresses and we got them packed in the car. We left around 10 there. I had thought that NC was 1/2 way... and I was wrong. It would be an additional 750 to Disney!

Up next: The other "1/2" the road trip!

It's so good to hear you also are concerned about brenda's needs. you are a perceptive mommy!

I still think your next trip you should try for a time when pool time is an option.. It really is SO much more enjoyable when you're not freezing the whole time!!

we like may or sept. and sept is a value season!! sometimes kids just like some down time by the pool.

have you seen any pictures of the kid's water play area at Carribbean beach? it looks SO cool!. if we ever get to bring our grnadson down I am torn between the kid-friendly icons, etc. at the Value resorts, and the kiddie slide and water play area at CBR. plus the main pool is zero-entry and has a kiddie slide, besides the main slide.

sigh! so many decisions!

I try very hard to juggle Brenda and Gavin's needs. It can be tough. I think that is one of the reasons why I make girls day a priority. I figure Gavin gets enough one on one... Brenda is the one that needs the one on one.

I would love to do Disney in September/ October. Would love to try the Halloween party. The problem really is that we can't go till 2013. That year Brenda is in 2nd grade and Gavin will be starting Kindergarten. The school district we live in will not allow educational trips in Sept and Oct. Like wise you can't take them in May or June. I think the way our next trip will work is we will go to NC over Thanksgiving and drive the rest so that we check in to the hotel the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Then on the way home we will only stop for Jon to sleep and head right home. This way the kids will only miss about 6 days of school. Did I mention that in PA, the beginning of DEER HUNTING SEASON are in service days for most of the schools... can you say redneck?? :rotfl2: But I will use that to pad the trip! :rotfl:

The other thing I really liked about this time of year is that for the first time in my adult life I was tired of all the Christmas decorations/ music/ etc before Christmas got here. I so enjoyed Christmas more this year, and I really think it was the step from the norm.

I'm joining in:goodvibes

What a touching story about your son, he sure sounds like an amazing little guy.

Looking forward to more
Thanks! Gavin is simply amazing to me. He and Brenda are the greatest little people I have ever known. They never cease to give me a new out look on life. I would be so lost without them in my life.

Packing the car is always the worst, but I like the idea of using the reusable shopping bags. Lord knows I have plenty of those!

My DS is a skinny thing too and if he's asking for a snack I usually let him have it. Most times he's asking for a pb&j so I load him up on the pb part (they go to a nut-free school so he can only eat them at home).

Can't wait to hear more!

Ok, first off is it just me, but this page is weird looking. all the side panal is black?9like where the usernames are?) and so are the quotes. Maybe I hit something..or I'll run a scan and see if my computer picked something up.

Anyways. I know about pullups. Claire has been potty trained for a couple of years, BUT at night she still goes off and on. So she wears a pull up everynight. She doesn't know better, but I also know when I make a comment about her being dry in the morning she i excited. My older two were late bloomers to night time potty training too, so I don't worry too much yet. (it's hereditery ..sp?)
One of her girlfriends knows she wears them and keeps asking her mom if she can wear them too. LOL!

Glad the 1st part of the trip was safe. I can't wait to see all the costumes!

I can't wait to see the dresses and outfits your MIL made. I so wish I could sew well enough to make those kinds of items. My MIL does alterations on wedding dresses and such, and has made dress-up type things for Kadence to wear, but ( and God forgive me for saying this) they aren't what I'd consider "Disneyfied" Although Kadence did get a very close match to Dorothy's dress from the Wizard of OZ. I guess I'll stimulate the economy and buy:rolleyes1

Carey

Ok, first off is it just me, but this page is weird looking. all the side panal is black?9like where the usernames are?) and so are the quotes. Maybe I hit something..or I'll run a scan and see if my computer picked something up.
i've been have some issues on the DIS since last night- sometimes i hit post reply and it comes out all in html or programming code. so there is just something up with the site i think.

Love the updates so far- sounds like a pretty smooth ride too. I can't wait to see pics of all the dresses she made for Brenda! they sound amazing. so did you get much sleep in the car?

Packing the car is always the worst, but I like the idea of using the reusable shopping bags. Lord knows I have plenty of those!

My DS is a skinny thing too and if he's asking for a snack I usually let him have it. Most times he's asking for a pb&j so I load him up on the pb part (they go to a nut-free school so he can only eat them at home).

Can't wait to hear more!
I really think the reusable shopping bag packing saved me! :rotfl: We have a Ford Taurus so its a roomy trunk but no where near enough for the way I pack! :rotfl2:

Brenda loves PB&J!!! Her favorite though is when I do them on hot dog buns and put a banana in it!

Anyways. I know about pullups. Claire has been potty trained for a couple of years, BUT at night she still goes off and on. So she wears a pull up everynight. She doesn't know better, but I also know when I make a comment about her being dry in the morning she i excited. My older two were late bloomers to night time potty training too, so I don't worry too much yet. (it's hereditery ..sp?)
One of her girlfriends knows she wears them and keeps asking her mom if she can wear them too. LOL!

Glad the 1st part of the trip was safe. I can't wait to see all the costumes!

I think the Dis has been a little crazy lately. For a while I was thinking it was me. :confused3

Brenda actually is strange. It was because she was dry at night that we started potty training. She would wake up and tell us at a young age that she had to go potty. She was trained when Gavin came along and there is about 20 months between them. I just think she hated that feeling of being wet. She did have a MAJOR set back and had to go back to diapers once Gavin was born but everything was just so crazy for a while.

I can't wait to see the dresses and outfits your MIL made. I so wish I could sew well enough to make those kinds of items. My MIL does alterations on wedding dresses and such, and has made dress-up type things for Kadence to wear, but ( and God forgive me for saying this) they aren't what I'd consider "Disneyfied" Although Kadence did get a very close match to Dorothy's dress from the Wizard of OZ. I guess I'll stimulate the economy and buy:rolleyes1

Carey

I am going to have to get Brenda to try the dresses on and post some pictures. She only got to wear Cinderella, which we bought and Alice. The rest of the time she had to be in real clothes because it was CHILLY! She is wearing either Belle or Snow White to her birthday party though... the whole reason we switched from Phineas and Ferb to Princess.

i've been have some issues on the DIS since last night- sometimes i hit post reply and it comes out all in html or programming code. so there is just something up with the site i think.

Love the updates so far- sounds like a pretty smooth ride too. I can't wait to see pics of all the dresses she made for Brenda! they sound amazing. so did you get much sleep in the car?

I didn't sleep at all on the way down. I was wired and just ready to get there. So we left Sunday evening, went to NC and left there Monday evening and arrived Tuesday morning at Disney. I never slept till Tuesday night! I really wasn't even tired... just excited! :rotfl2:

Tammy, I can't believe I haven't commented yet :eek:. Where is my head at? I have been reading along. I promise to post more. I can't wait to read more!

Tammy, I can't believe I haven't commented yet :eek:. Where is my head at? I have been reading along. I promise to post more. I can't wait to read more!

It's ok... I'll let you slide this time but don't let it happen again! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Just joking. I know you have a lot going on!

Glad to hear Brenda is feeling better.

I love the idea of the recycle grocery bags...what a great idea to save you room in the car. The trip sounded uneventful. And I'm not surprised you couldn't sleep and wanted to drive that last hour or so...it would bring you closer to your final destination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter