It's A WONDERful 2015 - Feb Cruise, May WDW grand tour, and France/DLP! NEW 10/25 Nice & End!

This was our view from our condo window in the morning
I could get used to that. :cloud9:

However, this morning we woke up to frantic emails from her saying no one had come to do the driveway yet and she needed to get out
:sad2: That would be so upsetting to deal with when you just want to relax and have fun. What a bummer.

Once at the French café, Andrew informed me he was not hungry. GRR.
:headache: Come on, get with the program here, Andrew! :rotfl:

IMG_3527-49_zpsvfhfpu1t.jpg
That's cute! I like how she's looking up at him and smiling. :lovestruc

I even took a quick video of the beach
Very cute! And she's so brave to run into the water! Izzy probably wouldn't even dare get near it. :rolleyes:

Adorable!

Looks like a beautiful beach and cool condo complex. Glad you got some bananas foster. Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Did you try the "media" button above and then paste the FB video link into that? I've never tried it, since I don't use any of those, but that would be my best guess. Otherwise, I could ask Leshaface - I know she embeds youtube videos, so maybe there's more to it that I don't know.

For the thumbnails that I have, I just copy the photobucket image code, then paste it into my text (same thing I do for pictures). Once I preview and/or post, it shows up as a thumbnail, but prior to preview, I think it just looks like a link.

Yes I tried every button and every Facebook link they would give me, to no avail. I haven't uploaded any of these videos to facebook to keep trying, so I will just keep it as is with the photobucket.

I am sure Miami looked even better with all the snow you had at home!

Yes, most definitely. During the trip I was a little disappointed at the cold (but that is coming from someone who loves the 95 & humid of Florida in august - so even in Feb 70 feels chilly to me. My husband on the other hand was very happy with the weather!

I could get used to that. :cloud9:

:sad2: That would be so upsetting to deal with when you just want to relax and have fun. What a bummer.

:headache: Come on, get with the program here, Andrew! :rotfl:

That's cute! I like how she's looking up at him and smiling. :lovestruc

Very cute! And she's so brave to run into the water! Izzy probably wouldn't even dare get near it. :rolleyes:

Adorable!

Looks like a beautiful beach and cool condo complex. Glad you got some bananas foster. Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

The worst was when we left for the cruise, hoping she could just figure out any other issues! We knew we would be limiting ourselves to not much internet (actually originally planned to never even check once), which is tough for a brand-new pet sitter! Same with upcoming France but at least she's been through the ropes a few times now. Plus no snow...

Even on the hot summer beach that's about all Aria would do with the water unless Andrew takes her in with him. Which is fine with me esp if she is not wearing a life jacket. I'd like to think she inherited my love of pools instead ;) haha

The condo complex was neat. The room itself was fine, though we do like being "walkable" to places and besides the beach this one had nothing to walk to - so we did say we'd prefer to be IN Miami beach area next time (if there is a next time, I'd rather cruise out of Port Canaveral and spend those extra days at WDW of course - BUT the Keys were fantastic so I would totally be up for another few days there).

I hope you'll all indulge me in a little PTR planning advice, as my 180-day window is coming up! Pretty soon I'll go into our France trip details, if anyone is interested, but I am here to talk about the Jan/Feb 2016 trip at the moment. This trip spawned for a few reasons

1) Aria turns 4 and originally I thought another cruise would be fun, but they have a restriction of not being over 20 weeks pregnant or a baby younger than 6 months - baby will be about 2 months at the time of the trip so we switched it to WDW

2) I have an AP & TiW card.

3) I'll be on maternity leave through end of February

4) Originally DH's parents were going to rent a house in the Keys for the month of February. Our original plan was 6 nights at WDW, then 6 nights at their rental house. BUT they were unable to narrow down a place (IDK why, I sent them about 100 available options) and decided to come to Disney instead. Much to my DH's dismay, we are now staying a full 12 nights at WDW.

Soooo our plan is as follows:

Jan 29th - 1 night in a Poly studio (our first poly stay)! We fly in at 9:30 AM and the plan is just to enjoy the Poly this day. Pool time, Trader Sam's mid-day, Ohana for dinner, more pool time, etc. Probably Wishes from the beach.

Jan 30th - we'll get luggage services to take our bags and transfer over to BLT, while we head to the MK. Today is Aria's 4th birthday! We'll do an 8AM Crystal Palace breakfast, then BBB (I found out in May Aria really needs breakfast before BBB haha), then MK for the day. Dinner at CRT, probably will go to our new home after dinner - 1 bedroom at BLT and let her open birthday gifts then.

Jan 31st - Tusker house, Animal Kingdom, back for pool time and dinner at Chef Mickeys

Feb 1st - EPCOT, lunch at Coral Reef (we'll focus on Future World today, probably with Aria's 1st rides on Soarin and Test Track!), then dinner at California Grill

Feb 2nd - breakfast at BoG (hoping that continues, their cronut was amazing), then MK again. Mid-day break and possibly Grand Floridian tea just for Aria and me? MK afterwards.

Feb 3rd - Kona, then free day - saved for a possible Blizzard Beach day (I believe that will be the water park open over the winter?). I don't want to buy the tickets in advance in case it is too cold, but want to leave the time open. 1900 Park fare for dinner (I'm still upset over missing 2nd helpings of their amazing mashed potatoes in May)

Feb 4th - use luggage services again to transfer our bags for next 6 nights to BCV, then MK for the morning, LTT lunch, then head over to BCV to check out room, spend afternoon at the pool, dinner at Beaches and Cream. DH's parents come in this day and we move to a 2 bedroom villa at the BCV.

Feb 5th - H&V pre-park opening, DHS, pool time then Cape May (DH's favorite)

Feb 6th - Grandparents get to babysit baby & Aria, Andrew and I will head to the Animal Kingdom for the Wild Africa trek! (Hoping to get the 10-1 time). When we get back, we'll all head to EPCOT for the evening, with dinner at the Garden Grill (this could possibly change though, to a world showcase restaurant, not sure yet)

Feb 7th - Captain's Grill breakfast (for another helping of lemon ricotta pancakes!), another open day for possibly Blizzard Beach or just pool/ Boardwalk time. Afternoon at Downtown Disney and dinner at the Boathouse (Andrew and his dad will definitely get a kick out of this place, I might even use a ride on an amphibious vehicle as a Christmas present if it can fit us all in there)

Feb 8th - MK, might do CP again because I love getting in early. Dinner at BoG, then Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party (hmm another Christmas gift idea for IL's...lol). I am assuming the new Adventureland restaurant will not be open yet for this trip?

Feb 9th - AK, lunch at Sanaa (all have requested this!!), pool time then Yachtsman steakhouse for dinner (MIL requested this)

Feb 10th - we all leave, though our flight isn't until 2pm. Breakfast at Cape May and some pool time before heading out.

Hoping the weather is good for all of our pool time, otherwise we may be spending more time in the parks or Downtown Disney (I can't believe they are closing Disney Quest, by the way!). I will be getting an AP for Aria, but plan to get DH a 9-day park ticket (can add 1 extra day if needed). Other chilly day ideas? Mini golf would be fun too.

I also need to remember I'll have to build in time for nursing the baby and all the extra time it takes for diaper changes and all of that.

What I am most looking forward to is all the 40" height requirement rides with Aria - Big Thunder and Splash are definitely top of her list, but I know she will love them all (Star Tours might actually be iffy, she HATED Despicable Me at Universal)... and hoping she LOVES Dinosaur like I do, too!

Thanks for letting me write it all out, would love any feedback you have!!

As you know, I'll be back later, but just peeking in now and had to say that your trip sounds AMAZING from start to finish. :thumbsup2

What a cute picture of Aria getting ready to go explore Miami!

Your January plans sound amazing - 12 nights at Disney!! So exciting that Aria should be tall for Soarin' and Test Track!

Your hotel choices are awesome, too. I am really hoping that we get to stay at the Poly and BCV when we go in May! And we love BLT.

Our current favorite place in the world is Lake Como
Not a bad choice! :thumbsup2 Our favorite part of our honeymoon (10 years ago! :faint:) was near there - we stayed for a few nights at Villa Aminta on Lake Maggiore and it was amazing. :cloud9: Lake views and an amazing multi-course wine tasting dinner. Ahhh, doesn't get much better. (And we went to Lake Como too - I remember having some amazing gelato that day ::yes::).

baby will be about 2 months at the time of the trip
I came across a PTR today where they are going to be taking their 7 week old - I'll PM you the link. If you need more reading material, I'll also send you a link to a full report with a 2-month-old that you might enjoy.

Much to my DH's dismay, we are now staying a full 12 nights at WDW.
:rotfl: Aw, poor DH. :sad1: :charac2:

1 night in a Poly studio (our first poly stay)!
Yay for the Poly! :cloud9: Hope you love it. Enjoy Trader Sam's for us, since we never ended up making it there. :sad2:

Today is Aria's 4th birthday! We'll do an 8AM Crystal Palace breakfast, then BBB (I found out in May Aria really needs breakfast before BBB haha), then MK for the day. Dinner at CRT, probably will go to our new home after dinner - 1 bedroom at BLT and let her open birthday gifts then.
That sounds like a pretty fantastic birthday! :thumbsup2

Aria's 1st rides on Soarin and Test Track!
:cheer2:

2 bedroom villa at the BCV.
That sounds awesome!

Grandparents get to babysit baby & Aria, Andrew and I will head to the Animal Kingdom for the Wild Africa trek!
Oooh, cool! I hope you are feeling good after having the baby, as I think it is somewhat physically strenuous. Looks like a blast, though! :hyper:

I might even use a ride on an amphibious vehicle as a Christmas present if it can fit us all in there
That's a great idea!

Other chilly day ideas?
I was drawing a blank, so asked Dug. He suggested taking advantage of the resort activities/programs either where you're staying or a monorail ride away from BLT.

What I am most looking forward to is all the 40" height requirement rides with Aria - Big Thunder and Splash are definitely top of her list, but I know she will love them all (Star Tours might actually be iffy, she HATED Despicable Me at Universal)... and hoping she LOVES Dinosaur like I do, too!
I hope she loves them all! :goodvibes

Oh, by the way, I read your plans to Dug and he also thought that 12 nights at WDW sounded fantastic and your plans are great.

Your daughter is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your pregnancy and can't wait to read more about your trip and future trips.

Ok, well I will still let you know our plans so that hopefully we can meet up sometime in there :) Are you sharing the 1BR at AKL with them, or are you getting separate spaces?

RPR is wonderful! The express pass is so nice to have - we did Cabana Bay in May just because I knew I wouldn't need the EP for anything we were riding (just Aria & me).

The 1 bedroom will just be for the 4 of us. My parents and sister are probably going to rent some points from us to stay at Bonnet Creek. My uncle, his wife, and their three kids are staying somewhere on DVC points their neighbor is letting them use. I don't foresee us all doing many ADR's together, but I think we are going to try to do Hoop de Doo one night together. DH, DS, and I will have APs, but I know my parents are getting base tickets, not sure what my uncle is doing for tickets, so we may end up the only ones with park hoppers which should make it to where we can easily plan in some hopping if necessary to make sure we overlap with y'all! I am thinking we will set up a planning weekend sometime soon with the family to get an idea of what we all want to do, and then I can compare notes with yours!!

We are HUGE fans of staying onsite for the unlimited EP. We have even looked into staying at CB for a cheaper hotel room and paying for the EP and it always comes out as more expensive. Plus we love being in walking distance to the parks. We are staying at Hard Rock in October, then RPR again in February because it was cheapest of the three deluxes.

Aria looks absolutely PRECIOUS in that purple coat and with her hair pinned back like that. She looks like a little British girl! She looks like she is definitely a ham with the camera. Lol About that age is when DS started giving us trouble looking AND smiling at the same time!!!

As you know, I'll be back later, but just peeking in now and had to say that your trip sounds AMAZING from start to finish. :thumbsup2

THank you!! I'm excited to have so much TIME! Love the feeling of not having to rush through the parks (esp MK) knowing we'll be back many times

Sure sounds like another A+ trip to me.....

Thank you!!

What a cute picture of Aria getting ready to go explore Miami!

Your January plans sound amazing - 12 nights at Disney!! So exciting that Aria should be tall for Soarin' and Test Track!

Your hotel choices are awesome, too. I am really hoping that we get to stay at the Poly and BCV when we go in May! And we love BLT.

I know!! There are so many 40" rides so it will definitely be SO much fun. I told Aria that Big Thunder is a REALLY fast Seven Dwarfs like ride, and she said YAY I WANT TO RIDE IT!! hahahaha. I'm excited to check out the Poly - but I do wish there were options between the studio and the extremely expensive bungalows (I attempted for a second to convince the in laws on splitting one, but it really is a crazy amount of $$$ so I am glad they didn't bite).

Not a bad choice! :thumbsup2 Our favorite part of our honeymoon (10 years ago! :faint:) was near there - we stayed for a few nights at Villa Aminta on Lake Maggiore and it was amazing. :cloud9: Lake views and an amazing multi-course wine tasting dinner. Ahhh, doesn't get much better. (And we went to Lake Como too - I remember having some amazing gelato that day ::yes::).

I came across a PTR today where they are going to be taking their 7 week old - I'll PM you the link. If you need more reading material, I'll also send you a link to a full report with a 2-month-old that you might enjoy.

:rotfl: Aw, poor DH. :sad1: :charac2:

Yay for the Poly! :cloud9: Hope you love it. Enjoy Trader Sam's for us, since we never ended up making it there. :sad2:

That sounds like a pretty fantastic birthday! :thumbsup2

:cheer2:

That sounds awesome!

Oooh, cool! I hope you are feeling good after having the baby, as I think it is somewhat physically strenuous. Looks like a blast, though! :hyper:

That's a great idea!

I was drawing a blank, so asked Dug. He suggested taking advantage of the resort activities/programs either where you're staying or a monorail ride away from BLT.

I hope she loves them all! :goodvibes

Oh, by the way, I read your plans to Dug and he also thought that 12 nights at WDW sounded fantastic and your plans are great.

Yes, the lake views and amazing food ... just paradise! Plus with so much to do. I was able to fully relax there but then also tour some beautiful towns and villas just a boat ride away.

Thank you again for the TR links! I realized I had read that older TR a long time ago (hmm, might not have commented though oops) and I started following the other PTR.

That is true, not sure what resort amenities as I usually skip over those besides seeing what is going on at the pools, but I will definitely look into those.

Glad Dug approves, too!

Your daughter is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your pregnancy and can't wait to read more about your trip and future trips.

Aww thank you so much!!

The 1 bedroom will just be for the 4 of us. My parents and sister are probably going to rent some points from us to stay at Bonnet Creek. My uncle, his wife, and their three kids are staying somewhere on DVC points their neighbor is letting them use. I don't foresee us all doing many ADR's together, but I think we are going to try to do Hoop de Doo one night together. DH, DS, and I will have APs, but I know my parents are getting base tickets, not sure what my uncle is doing for tickets, so we may end up the only ones with park hoppers which should make it to where we can easily plan in some hopping if necessary to make sure we overlap with y'all! I am thinking we will set up a planning weekend sometime soon with the family to get an idea of what we all want to do, and then I can compare notes with yours!!

We are HUGE fans of staying onsite for the unlimited EP. We have even looked into staying at CB for a cheaper hotel room and paying for the EP and it always comes out as more expensive. Plus we love being in walking distance to the parks. We are staying at Hard Rock in October, then RPR again in February because it was cheapest of the three deluxes.

Aria looks absolutely PRECIOUS in that purple coat and with her hair pinned back like that. She looks like a little British girl! She looks like she is definitely a ham with the camera. Lol About that age is when DS started giving us trouble looking AND smiling at the same time!!!

Oh that will be nice, and nice to have your own home bases too. Hoop De Doo should be on our to do list too and somehow I managed to still not fit in everything, of course! We do love the show though. Just let me know what might overlap with you and we can go from there!

I am sort of boycotting Universal until Aria can ride a lot more (and baby is still under 3 and free). Having to pay for her in May and having maybe 5 rides she could go on just pissed me off. I was okay with it when she was free, but as soon as I had to pay and she was still too short for everything made me mad. LOL. Seriously kids should be free until at least 5 or 6. Same with pregnant people, since there are even fewer rides for us. Though I did break the rules a bit and rode a few things with Aria that I knew weren't jarring. Anyway...

Too funny - around the time of this trip is when Aria started really WANTING her photo taken. Now she asks for pictures with everythinggggg. Then she wants to see the photo. For her 4th birthday I got her a kid's digital camera and I think she'll love playing with that. (Yes I am almost done Christmas and birthday shopping, I wanted to get it done before baby comes haha).

Just here to say I'm joining in and I'll be back to catch up! Can't wait to read about all of your amazing trips!

Glad I found this! Your trips sound AMAZING! I'm married to an engineer. (Electrical/Controls to be exact.) He gets to travel a lot for work, but we don't get to go with him very often at this point.

Congrats on your pregnancy! I can't wait to hear what Cozumel has to do with it. Our road to becoming parents of 3 (with 3 losses) was not easy, either. :flower3:

Can't wait to read more of everything! Especially the cruise, and what you think of Blizzard Beach with 2 little ones- we'd like to go in March on our "off" day.

Hey there!! I've finally made my way back to the Trip Reports board after a long hiatus due to life's craziness....and was excited to see your newest report was underway!

I remember being worried about your guys getting to Miami with the crazy weather - so glad you made it! Looks like fun to explore Miami.

It's been years since I visited MV -- we'd like to go sometime soon. Love that carousel!!

Just here to say I'm joining in and I'll be back to catch up! Can't wait to read about all of your amazing trips!

Hi!! Thank you for joining in!! I am back for a longer stretch this time (i.e. more time at work, boo) so should have a number of new updates!

Glad I found this! Your trips sound AMAZING! I'm married to an engineer. (Electrical/Controls to be exact.) He gets to travel a lot for work, but we don't get to go with him very often at this point.

Congrats on your pregnancy! I can't wait to hear what Cozumel has to do with it. Our road to becoming parents of 3 (with 3 losses) was not easy, either. :flower3:

Can't wait to read more of everything! Especially the cruise, and what you think of Blizzard Beach with 2 little ones- we'd like to go in March on our "off" day.

Aw thank you!! I used to travel a bit for work but I've been avoiding that now that I have Aria. I do drop off and pick up for daycare, plus make dinner and such, so it would be impossible for DH to handle it all with his work hours and much longer commute :( but I also don't want to travel without them! DH traveling would be another story though, still waiting for a Hawaii trip to pan out! haha

Thank you!! I'd like to attribute it to Cozumel esp with how long it took us for that positive test and how we got pregnant the month after the trip. i'm excited to get to the cruise portion of the TR

Well, in May with Aria (3) we went to both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon (and I was 11 weeks pregnant). I'll say we spent ALL day open-close at Blizzard Beach and had an AMAZING time, Typhoon lagoon we left after lunch... ;)

Hey there!! I've finally made my way back to the Trip Reports board after a long hiatus due to life's craziness....and was excited to see your newest report was underway!

I remember being worried about your guys getting to Miami with the crazy weather - so glad you made it! Looks like fun to explore Miami.

It's been years since I visited MV -- we'd like to go sometime soon. Love that carousel!!

hi!! I bet things have gotten hectic there, hope you're all doing well!! I still can't believe the weather didn't impact us at all.

For the last two weeks we've been out at Cape Cod with DH's family (I came in the office last Monday & Tuesday but it was very hectic). But I'm back now for a much longer stretch (really until France, which I can't believe we leave in just 6 weeks!!). I also hit 20 weeks pregnant and v popped! haha

Soon I will do a little pre-trippie for the France trip if you're all interested! It should be 18 nights of non-stop travel but I am just over the moon excited for it!

But what you're all here for now is this Cruise TR so let me continue on that!!

I left off heading out for a car ride while Aria takes her afternoon nap. Our plan was to sightsee for the next 1.5-2 hours via car while Aria sleeps. She is an awesome car-napper - I tell her it is nap time and she says "ok mommy" and closes her eyes and goes to sleep. Today was no different and we headed south to Key Biscayne. I forgot to mention this earlier, but in my planning I came across the fact that there are a number of un-manned toll roads in the area, especially when heading to the Keys. So I had pre-ordered a SunPass for $4.95 + $10 to start for the tolls - so we had this affixed on the rental car and it worked great the whole time. Even better - I was able to use it again in May bc the toll roads around Orlando also use SunPass!
I took a few pretty bad pics while driving but here you go

IMG_3574-96_zpshvdcf4pp.jpg

More boat pics, because Andrew asked me to

IMG_3575-97_zpsfzsmiwly.jpg

And our very excited first peek at the cruise terminal! Did I mention before neither of us have ever been on any cruise before??!! Honestly the idea of it sort of reminded me of a tour group vacation, which I've never been excited about, but the Disney aspect reeled me in ;)

IMG_3577-99_zpsiuh5bndj.jpg

We drove around Key Biscayne (which I'm sure is beautiful from the exclusive resorts there, but we didn't get out to check it out), stopped at a dive shop where Andrew got out to look for something, then through the main Miami Beach strip (which is where we'd stay if we do another Miami cruise, I like the walkability of all the shops & restaurants) and also stopped for our liquor run for the cruise. I think we picked up a 1.5 L of red & white wine for me and gin for Andrew. So nice we could bring that aboard!

Around 2:45 we arrived at our destination - Jungle Island. We had to wake up Aria but she was in a pretty good mood after the good nap length and we headed to the ticket center.

I wanted to find a different thing to do for the afternoon that Aria would enjoy but wouldn't be just a typical zoo. Thankfully with some research I was able to get us in for about $60 for the three of us - which I found incredibly steep (normal ticket prices would have been $110 for the 3 of us). I'll preface by saying I'm glad we didn't pay a penny more.

It is set up basically like a zoo with many animal enclosures, but they did also offer some animal shows. Additional animal encounters were very, very pricey so we didn't do those. Apparently since we have been they added a water park but that wasn't there when we were there in February.

Anyway one of the neatest things we saw was the walk through monkey exhibit. I absolutely love monkeys and loved being able to see them semi-free as we walked around.

IMG_3579-101_zpscfk5oupa.jpg

IMG_3582-104_zps8cx9hoc5.jpg

IMG_3589-111_zpse1cavl4f.jpg

Nearby they had a really nice Flamingo exhibit

IMG_3591-113_zpsrj0tdd9t.jpg

At the center of the park was a large very outdated playground - about half of it was cordoned off with yellow tape because pieces were missing! Not exactly what you'd expect for a hefty price tag entrance! But Aria didn't notice that part and wanted to play, of course!

IMG_3593-115_zpsha07qrjh.jpg

Nearby they had a petting zoo area with large tortoises

IMG_3597-119_zpsiqfuuatx.jpg

IMG_3604-126_zpsesprbaja.jpg

They also had orangutans but their enclosure was SO sad. I couldn't believe how many lived in this small dome.

IMG_3605-127_zpsaezbvhly.jpg

IMG_3606-128_zpso6e1l0bb.jpg

IMG_3608-130_zps12fdejzp.jpg

IMG_3610-132_zpsuxzb2adx.jpg

They had a pretty neat little boardwalk area

IMG_3616-138_zpsv3ugm2oy.jpg

And a Liger (I think this pic is a white lion? but they did have a liger!)

IMG_3617-139_zpsizp227zh.jpg

One of the neatest parts though was in this random beach area which was deserted, there was someone practicing with a jet pack thing in the water? So we sat there for a while and watched

IMG_3626-148_zpsi59qyjok.jpg

IMG_3627-149_zpsonnmf7fs.jpg

IMG_3634-156_zps87sxmysa.jpg

IMG_3640-162_zpsgvrazivg.jpg

From there we went to the last show of the day - no photos allowed but they had baby white tiger cubs, lion cubs, etc. It was really cute.

Then we left the park feeling pretty underwhelmed - it was a fun afternoon (especially for Aria) but I still felt weird about the whole place.

From there, we headed to dinner! Much like looking for a restaurant in Paris with a 3 year old, it was tough finding a good balance between a good restaurant that also was kid-friendly in Miami beach? I ended up booking a table at a restaurant in the Fontainebleau resort. Little did I know this was *THE* resort for celebrities!

We pulled up, parked valet (there are zero self park options in this area) and were just behind Kim Kardashian! Totally random and I didn't take a photo but it was still kind of neat. We checked out the resort on our walk to the restaurant-

IMG_3643-165_zpsoefk01wo.jpg

IMG_3644-166_zpsfrkoqwia.jpg

The restaurant was a pool-side spot which was nice and casual but they had a fun eclectic menu (no kid's menu). It is called La Cote and had great reviews on Trip Advisor!

IMG_3647-169_zps9xwmmloo.jpg

IMG_3648-170_zpsrryqgbof.jpg

We started with a dip appetizer since we all love dips and I figured Aria would enjoy that along with bites from each of our main dishes. The dips were tomato & basil, spicy eggplant, and fava bean hummus

IMG_3649-171_zpssvg2t670.jpg

Our mains were the Moroccan Spiced Lamb for Andrew

IMG_3651-173_zpsvzagcomy.jpg

And the half chicken for me

IMG_3652-174_zpsoewnani1.jpg

Dinner was very good (and inspired by the Cote d'Azur, weee) and we were too full for dessert. However I remembered there was a bakery that got awesome reviews on TA so I looked it up and it happened to be about 300 ft. away from us - inside the hotel! haha! So we went to check it out.

They had a beautiful assortment and we each chose one and planned to share them all when we got back to our room.

IMG_3654-176_zps0dr0qoeh.jpg

IMG_3655-177_zpsmfkgelxe.jpg

IMG_3656-178_zpsuwcmvlmv.jpg

From there we headed out and back to the room for the night. We couldn't WAIT until the next day - embarkation day!! EEK!! We'd finally get to board the ship, meet our tablemates (something I was very anxious about!), check out our stateroom (we had a Family Verandah on deck 8), etc.

Last edited:
Ok, no idea how I missed that this TR started ... I guess checking the DIS TR board 5 times a day is not sufficient to catching everything :rotfl2:

First, congratulations again on baby #2! still love the picture with Aria from when you announced said new child's existence :thumbsup2

We are tentatively planning a Disney Cruise for February of 2018 (for my 40th birthday - and all kids will be old enough for the kids club) so interested to see what you thought of going that time of year

Definitely jealous of your trip to France. That is Judi's dream vacation - someday I am sure we will do it but not sure when - and not sure if we want to do it by ourselves or with kids

Saw other comments about Ireland ... that is one place that we have gone and really enjoyed it. More the country and smaller towns than Dublin (though the pubs in Dublin were great). Clifton was our favorite town we visited.

Good point/thought about the lack of kids meals. I know Olivia loves it when we go out for restaurant week and she gets to order an appetizer, entree, and dessert - and be like an adult ... though I think she likes it as an infrequent thing - having that all the time I think would be a bit adjustment

Didn't realize you are thinking of selling the boat - is it selling the boat to not have a boat or thinking of getting a different boat that would work better?

Love that carousel! There is a similar one at the Bear Mountain State park that we really love - it has lots of different animals that are all native to the state which is pretty cool.

The condo looks pretty nice - certainly a nice location/view. It's funny that I have only been to Miami when it is crazy hot (even in May it was like 90+ with high humidity) so seeing you in long sleeves and too cold to go in water threw me off a bit.

Your plans for WDW sound great - especially a lot of the dining choices. I did see there were some discounts now be offered at the Boathouse - not sure if that will continue when you are there or not. So jealous that Aria is tall enough for those rides. Peter is maybe up to 37" so my fears of him not being tall enough to ride Radiator Spring Racers when we go to DLR are looking to come true

Glad to hear that you got the SunPass and that it worked out well. In the past we would just stop at a CVS or the like and buy a pre-loaded one there ... definitely helps to have.

The fact it is a lot easier to bring adult beverages on the DCL than other cruises is definitely appealing to me (and probably makes the prices of the DCL vs other cruises much more in line :rotfl:)

That Jungle Island place seems a little weird - definitely cool that you can get a bit closer to the animals, but still - and especially for the price!!! And seeing the orangutangs in that enclosure makes me wonder why PETA and the like aren't going harder after them vs Sea World.

the Fontainebleau is where we had a work event a few years ago ... so it really is a place for celebrities given that I stayed there :rotfl2: It was in August though so I think south Florida rates for corporate events are much cheaper in the heat of summer vs when Kim Kardassian goes. For one meal before the actual event started I got food from the quick service location but ate at the tables where you had your meal (it was empty during lunch hours - nice setting and appreciated the different food options they had.

oh, and the team building activity I did was a cooking class, part of which was to go down to where they make all the desserts and we had free range to eat whatever we wanted/could handle. Got the ice cream right out of the machine and the homemade marshmallows were awesome!

Excited to read the rest!

Soon I will do a little pre-trippie for the France trip if you're all interested!
Yes, very interested! :hyper:

She is an awesome car-napper - I tell her it is nap time and she says "ok mommy" and closes her eyes and goes to sleep.
She has such impressive napping skills. :worship: I really wonder if baby girl #2 is going to follow her lead or be a nap time rebel. :scratchin

Anyway one of the neatest things we saw was the walk through monkey exhibit. I absolutely love monkeys and loved being able to see them semi-free as we walked around.
Wow, that is really cool!

At the center of the park was a large very outdated playground - about half of it was cordoned off with yellow tape because pieces were missing!
:scared1: Well, at least they put up tape, I guess. :confused3

And a Liger (I think this pic is a white lion? but they did have a liger!)
I had no idea these even existed. Very cool.

One of the neatest parts though was in this random beach area which was deserted, there was someone practicing with a jet pack thing in the water?
:eek: Maybe he just watched Tomorrowland and was inspired.

and were just behind Kim Kardashian! Totally random and I didn't take a photo but it was still kind of neat.
Wow, quite the coincidence! Always fun to spot a celebrity out and about. Back when we went to LA when I was 16, I saw Wolfgang Puck walking around in the Beverly Center mall and was pretty excited about that. :rotfl:

Yum! Looks like you made some tasty choices!

We couldn't WAIT until the next day - disembarkation day!!
I'm not sure if you need to drop or capitalize the first three letters of that...DIS-embarkation. ::yes:: (Otherwise, it's a sad day of getting off. :sad1:)

meet our tablemates (something I was very anxious about!)
Can't remember if I told you - we ended up with great tablemates - not what I expected - it was a boy Izzy's age, his mom, and her mom (grandma). They were very friendly and fun to chat with. I hope yours were okay, but I think I remember hearing a bit about it...

I'm definitely interested in hearing your pre-trip plans for France. I will live vicariously through you guys!

Too bad that you were underwhelmed by your expensive zoo experience, but at least Aria enjoyed it!

The pool at that hotel looks amazing - what a nice setting for dinner! And the dessert case looks pretty good, too. I hope they tasted as good as they looked!

I can't wait to hear about your thoughts on embarkation/first cruise day!

Ok, no idea how I missed that this TR started ... I guess checking the DIS TR board 5 times a day is not sufficient to catching everything :rotfl2:

First, congratulations again on baby #2! still love the picture with Aria from when you announced said new child's existence :thumbsup2

We are tentatively planning a Disney Cruise for February of 2018 (for my 40th birthday - and all kids will be old enough for the kids club) so interested to see what you thought of going that time of year

Definitely jealous of your trip to France. That is Judi's dream vacation - someday I am sure we will do it but not sure when - and not sure if we want to do it by ourselves or with kids

Saw other comments about Ireland ... that is one place that we have gone and really enjoyed it. More the country and smaller towns than Dublin (though the pubs in Dublin were great). Clifton was our favorite town we visited.

Good point/thought about the lack of kids meals. I know Olivia loves it when we go out for restaurant week and she gets to order an appetizer, entree, and dessert - and be like an adult ... though I think she likes it as an infrequent thing - having that all the time I think would be a bit adjustment

Didn't realize you are thinking of selling the boat - is it selling the boat to not have a boat or thinking of getting a different boat that would work better?

Love that carousel! There is a similar one at the Bear Mountain State park that we really love - it has lots of different animals that are all native to the state which is pretty cool.

The condo looks pretty nice - certainly a nice location/view. It's funny that I have only been to Miami when it is crazy hot (even in May it was like 90+ with high humidity) so seeing you in long sleeves and too cold to go in water threw me off a bit.

Your plans for WDW sound great - especially a lot of the dining choices. I did see there were some discounts now be offered at the Boathouse - not sure if that will continue when you are there or not. So jealous that Aria is tall enough for those rides. Peter is maybe up to 37" so my fears of him not being tall enough to ride Radiator Spring Racers when we go to DLR are looking to come true

Glad to hear that you got the SunPass and that it worked out well. In the past we would just stop at a CVS or the like and buy a pre-loaded one there ... definitely helps to have.

The fact it is a lot easier to bring adult beverages on the DCL than other cruises is definitely appealing to me (and probably makes the prices of the DCL vs other cruises much more in line :rotfl:)

That Jungle Island place seems a little weird - definitely cool that you can get a bit closer to the animals, but still - and especially for the price!!! And seeing the orangutangs in that enclosure makes me wonder why PETA and the like aren't going harder after them vs Sea World.

the Fontainebleau is where we had a work event a few years ago ... so it really is a place for celebrities given that I stayed there :rotfl2: It was in August though so I think south Florida rates for corporate events are much cheaper in the heat of summer vs when Kim Kardassian goes. For one meal before the actual event started I got food from the quick service location but ate at the tables where you had your meal (it was empty during lunch hours - nice setting and appreciated the different food options they had.

oh, and the team building activity I did was a cooking class, part of which was to go down to where they make all the desserts and we had free range to eat whatever we wanted/could handle. Got the ice cream right out of the machine and the homemade marshmallows were awesome!

Excited to read the rest!

I was wondering when you might stop by!! :) glad you made it over!

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend your 40th birthday! We have until December 2018 for baby to be 3, but I am not opposed to using the nurseries too especially with the nap times (it would be nice if the kids clubs had a little area for napping).

Aside from spending extra time looking for restaurants where Aria will be welcome in France, our France planning hasn't really been too changed/derailed having her along on the trip. We are doing everything we want to do - maybe when she is older and has opinions on things to see in France that would be different, but I think for the most part the things we want to see (Chateaus, Disneyland Paris, etc) are on par with what she will enjoy. I can honestly say that even if Aria wasn't there, I wouldn't plan more than 3 hours for the Louvre. I am just not into art museums, and neither is Andrew. Anyway the point is that I am excited to experience it with her, and don't feel like having her there will in any way diminish our vacation.

Regarding the boat, Andrew is definitely finding the cost of ownership much higher than he anticipated (shocker, I know) and our time we have to go out on it just isn't there. So far we have spent two weekends on it this summer, with possibly 1 more in August. Having a baby who I want to be safe while sleeping is another concern, but I'll believe the sale when I see it. Oh and he still has a boston whaler and a jet ski, btw.

Yes I was a bit taken aback with the cooler weather. I mean, I know it is January/February BUT it's Miami!! It should be HOT! Andrew was fine and never needed a jacket, but I do like heat.

I did see the new discounts - we'll save 10% so that is nice, unless they decide to accept the TiW by then which would be even better. I looked into the amphicar things but they only fit 3 adults, so that idea is out. Aw Peter needs a good growth spurt!! What is the RSR height requirement?? I told Andrew of my plan to go to Disneyland when Aria hits Indiana Jones height (46" lol) and he rolled his eyes a bit but didn't say anything as it is probably 2 years away. With sandals Aria is 39.5" so for France, I'll have to plan out her shoes well to hit the 40"-ers (haha) but she should be good for Feb for sure.

Yes, regarding PETA, that was my thought too. The whole place was just off? I still can't get over the admission cost vs what is included in that price.

I need to get in on that team building activity!! What fun!! Oh if only I didn't work for the government where I have to pay for WATER at the office. A team building activity?!?! Laughable, except maybe during lunch or you have to take annual leave to go to it.

Yes, very interested! :hyper:

She has such impressive napping skills. :worship: I really wonder if baby girl #2 is going to follow her lead or be a nap time rebel. :scratchin

Wow, that is really cool!

:scared1: Well, at least they put up tape, I guess. :confused3

I had no idea these even existed. Very cool.

:eek: Maybe he just watched Tomorrowland and was inspired.

Wow, quite the coincidence! Always fun to spot a celebrity out and about. Back when we went to LA when I was 16, I saw Wolfgang Puck walking around in the Beverly Center mall and was pretty excited about that. :rotfl:

Yum! Looks like you made some tasty choices!

I'm not sure if you need to drop or capitalize the first three letters of that...DIS-embarkation. ::yes:: (Otherwise, it's a sad day of getting off. :sad1:)

Can't remember if I told you - we ended up with great tablemates - not what I expected - it was a boy Izzy's age, his mom, and her mom (grandma). They were very friendly and fun to chat with. I hope yours were okay, but I think I remember hearing a bit about it...

Shhh....I try not to worry about how different this kid will be! LOL! Let's just say she had better be a good sleeper because I need my sleep. The first 2 months will be tough, but at least this time I will be counting down the days to Disney so maybe it'll go by quicker?! IDK

I don't think I would know what Wolfgang Puck looks like! Too funny

HAHAHA I had to go back and edit that, whoops! Disembarkation is still to come, though that wasn't too sad as we were excited for the last leg of our journey in the Keys!

I'm so glad you had good tablemates!! I don't think you told me about them.

I'm definitely interested in hearing your pre-trip plans for France. I will live vicariously through you guys!

Too bad that you were underwhelmed by your expensive zoo experience, but at least Aria enjoyed it!

The pool at that hotel looks amazing - what a nice setting for dinner! And the dessert case looks pretty good, too. I hope they tasted as good as they looked!

I can't wait to hear about your thoughts on embarkation/first cruise day!

Awesome well I have one more restaurant to check off my list and then I'll post the France plans!

The hotel pool was beautiful - I wished we were staying there (or had on our swimsuits!) ;) notice it was pretty empty though, just a bit chilly for swimming imo. The desserts were delicious ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter