It's a Stroller Sir, not a Battering Ram!!! NEW PTR LINK POSTED

Yay, Star Wars weekend! Gotta love Shan's picture with the Darth Vader poster. :lmao:

That shirt is hysterical! Hilarious for me because Joaquin used to call guns "pew pews" when he's watch Transformers. :lmao:

Haha, the ST on the right is all like "what?"

I always get my character shots by creeping. Because typically I'm way too impatient to wait. :lmao:

Yoo hoo, Jacquie!!! Come back to us...... (sorry, that was my lame impression of laundry calling). :rotfl:

401.jpg

Shanleigh doing her very best Darth impersonation

I'm not sure how great Shan's Darth impersonation was, but it certainly is a cute picture of her.

Your pictures in this update are the best I have seen of the Star Wars weekend. Wow - thy had so many cute and cool things and so many great characters.

I have to admit, Star Wars came out when I was in high school and I had no interest in seeing it. I fell asleep during the first movie. But then my kids got really interested and I ended up watching every movie a bagillion times.

What a fun update! I keep wanting to get DH and DD to SWW because they both love those movies. Maddie would have gone crazy for Minnie Lea and R2D2 and C3PO!

Loving all the merch pictures. Of all of the SWW recaps I've read in TRs-yours is the one one with merch pics! I was so excited! I think DH and DBro could do tons of damage in there.

Darn laundry!! I can't wait to see more!! I'd love to see Star Wars weekends some time, looks like so much fun!!

Hi Jaquie, I'm back and finally have had a chance to get caught up on your TR.

Holy moly...2 hours for KS! That's a really busy AK day, but other than that it sounds like you guys had a great time.

I have also heard that rumor about FOTLK leaving AK, which I definitely hope is not true as it's always such an amazing show.

We had a fantastic trip, and actually got engaged at Cinderella's Royal Table, Unfortunately I think this means that I will fall extremely behind on the TR's I'm following with all the wedding planning and whatnot, but yours is definitely one that i'm going to try my best to keep up with.

Hope all is well with you guys :goodvibes

Great pictures from SWW! It looks like you girls had a lot of fun and what a cute meet and greet with R2D2 and C3PO :goodvibes

I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to Star Wars, but it looks like you two had a fun morning and enjoyed yourselves. That C3PO and R2 meet and greet sounds wonderful! And what nicer and funnier characters can you meet? :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of your day went at Star Wars Weekend.

AWESOME! I don't know why I never thought of it before...but THAT'S how I can get DH to come back to Disney with me! He loves Star Wars. Looks super fun!
Love the pew pew shirt

Whew I'm finally caught up again! Those are some FANTASTIC pics at AK and of Star Wars weekends! Just love the pic of Shan and the Darth Vader poster. :goodvibes

Can't wait to see the rest of your day.
Laundry schmaundry :rotfl2:

:flower3: Carla

I'm here! :wave2:

I know it's been a while but I'm finally sitting down to catch up and I have to start where I left off...

I wanted to go to Haagen Dazs but no one would stop with me *pout*

What amazing shots of the Gorillas! We skipped the trail but I'm kind of sad we did :(

AND OMG I'm so jealous you got your picture taken with R2D2 and C3P0!!!

can't wait to see more!

and I feel MUCH better being caught up!

Not a huge Star Wars fan either but it would be really cool to be there for that. Love that t-shirt.....pew pew.

It was! I was surprised we both loved it as much as we did! Had that shirt been in adult sizes I would have bought it for sure!

Which one is doing renos??? Ruby and I and possibly kids and possibly parents and possibly sister and .... let's just say we too are going to the Keg in October... some time. We like the one on Garry... but I think it's the Moray St. one, right? (Sheesh, you'd think I'd know that... since I drive right by it every single freaking day!)

The one on Moray and Portage! It's a stone's throw from our place so we can walk or get one of our kids to pick us up after our evening out! Still not open tho:confused3

The force is with them, right?

As far as I know ... yes...and I'm not going to be the one to find out it is :lmao:

Whoa. Don't mess with Shan.
lsvader.gif

That's her tough face....it's actually the only time I"ve ever seen it!

:lmao: Love that shirt!

I search high and low for that shirt in an adult size but nope, only kids sizes:sad:

:lmao: That's great! I had no idea that they would talk. I thought they were silent like Mickey, et al.

I had no idea either and it did take us a moment or two to realize they were talking to us. It was a great way to start the day and from that moment forward we knew we were in for a treat!

The Chewie costume is 'only' $650... quite a bit cheaper then the other two. Wonder why?

I know, it surprised us too!

Ummm.... it's cute and all (Ha! I used that word!) at SW places... but would you really wear it anywhere else? :confused3

I have friends that have two boys aged 7 and 5 and they would have worn these everywhere!

That's not like you Queen. I would've turned to Shan and said in a 'loud' quiet voice, "If I offer $17K I probably won't have to fight for it!"

I think I was so stunned that someone was actually trying to buy it that all humour left me :crazy2:

:lmao: Great experience. And that photo is beyond amazing. The droids look like they just stepped out of the movie. At least from here. How about close up?
R2D2_Big.gif

Gonna tell you right now, I was the biggest dork ever with them because, yes, they looked like they just stepped out of the movie and sounded exactly like they do in the movies! It was one of our best meets of the trip!

Where you were promptly wrestled to the ground by security.

No...but how fun would that have been!

Let the laundry wait! We want more! Thanks for all the great pics and the update Jacquie! :goodvibes

I am officially on vacation now so an update is coming!

Yay, Star Wars weekend! Gotta love Shan's picture with the Darth Vader poster. :lmao:

That shirt is hysterical! Hilarious for me because Joaquin used to call guns "pew pews" when he's watch Transformers. :lmao:

Haha, the ST on the right is all like "what?"

I always get my character shots by creeping. Because typically I'm way too impatient to wait. :lmao:

Yoo hoo, Jacquie!!! Come back to us...... (sorry, that was my lame impression of laundry calling). :rotfl:

She cracked me up when she went over and stood like that!

Awww that's too cute, he would have loved that shirt!

That's exactly what he was doing, they were so funny!

There was way too much to see and do to wait for the characters...we had people to see and places to go!

Update as soon as I'm done replying!

I just love that blue shirt with "Pew! Pew!" on it !!! Priceless !!!

I know! You know what surprised me tho....never saw it at all on any child in the parks and we were there for another week after this day:confused3

I'm not sure how great Shan's Darth impersonation was, but it certainly is a cute picture of her.

Your pictures in this update are the best I have seen of the Star Wars weekend. Wow - thy had so many cute and cool things and so many great characters.

I have to admit, Star Wars came out when I was in high school and I had no interest in seeing it. I fell asleep during the first movie. But then my kids got really interested and I ended up watching every movie a bagillion times.

You're right...bottom line, she's just a cutie!

It was such a great day ... so great in fact that we thought about going another day but the crowds were beyond ridiculous and I thought we've done it so let's do other stuff!

My BIL has all the movies so we've been know to have a marathon at their place!

What a fun update! I keep wanting to get DH and DD to SWW because they both love those movies. Maddie would have gone crazy for Minnie Lea and R2D2 and C3PO!

Loving all the merch pictures. Of all of the SWW recaps I've read in TRs-yours is the one one with merch pics! I was so excited! I think DH and DBro could do tons of damage in there.

I said the same thing to my sister...my BIL would be heaven there! It's just such a bad time of year because here we go to school until the end of June and it's when all the activities start to wrap up with recitals etc so to pull the girls for 2 weeks would probably not be a good thing!

We don't love SW as I said, but man I could have spent money in there, mostly because everything was so unique! Glad you enjoyed seeing the stuff...I figured people who've never been would like to see it!

Just started reading, and enjoying your story!

Thank you so much, glad you're reading along!

Darn laundry!! I can't wait to see more!! I'd love to see Star Wars weekends some time, looks like so much fun!!

Darn laundry is right...and today I thought I would throw a load in before I start this and what greets me in the laundry room....a gigantic spider....not good!

Hi Jaquie, I'm back and finally have had a chance to get caught up on your TR.

Holy moly...2 hours for KS! That's a really busy AK day, but other than that it sounds like you guys had a great time.

I have also heard that rumor about FOTLK leaving AK, which I definitely hope is not true as it's always such an amazing show.

We had a fantastic trip, and actually got engaged at Cinderella's Royal Table, Unfortunately I think this means that I will fall extremely behind on the TR's I'm following with all the wedding planning and whatnot, but yours is definitely one that i'm going to try my best to keep up with.

Hope all is well with you guys :goodvibes

You're back .... YAY!!! TR coming?? Let me know if there is!

It was the animals being on the roadways so they had to sit and wait...it happened when we finally got on too! I will be super depressed if FOTLK goes....my fav!!

ENGAGED!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you! Hey, if you're on FB, send me a private message and I'll add you, then when real life gets in the way we can keep in touch there!

Great pictures from SWW! It looks like you girls had a lot of fun and what a cute meet and greet with R2D2 and C3PO :goodvibes

Thanks Dawn! I have to get over and start your new TR....why is life so crazy right now?

I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to Star Wars, but it looks like you two had a fun morning and enjoyed yourselves. That C3PO and R2 meet and greet sounds wonderful! And what nicer and funnier characters can you meet? :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of your day went at Star Wars Weekend.

Trust me, when the parade started I kept jabbing Shan with "who's that" what movie are they from.....:rotfl2:

AWESOME! I don't know why I never thought of it before...but THAT'S how I can get DH to come back to Disney with me! He loves Star Wars. Looks super fun!
Love the pew pew shirt

Smart girl....start on him now! You guys would have a blast!

Whew I'm finally caught up again! Those are some FANTASTIC pics at AK and of Star Wars weekends! Just love the pic of Shan and the Darth Vader poster. :goodvibes

Can't wait to see the rest of your day.
Laundry schmaundry :rotfl2:

:flower3: Carla

Thanks Carla...I know, darn laundry! I love that picture too!

How's the weather?

:sad:Well, yesterday I sitting in the dentist chair and it was snowing so hard I couldn't see across the street. Before I got into the dentist chair it was raining, then pelting, then hailing, then full blown snow. By the time I left, the sun was shining and there was no snow on the ground. Only in Winnipeg!

Hey there! Finally catching up!
Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving Weekend!~

Debbie

We had a great long weekend and trust you guys did too!!

I'm here! :wave2:

I know it's been a while but I'm finally sitting down to catch up and I have to start where I left off...

I wanted to go to Haagen Dazs but no one would stop with me *pout*

What amazing shots of the Gorillas! We skipped the trail but I'm kind of sad we did :(

AND OMG I'm so jealous you got your picture taken with R2D2 and C3P0!!!

can't wait to see more!

and I feel MUCH better being caught up!

Welcome Home! No one would stop with you...next time come with us...we'll stop with you!

We thought about skipping, ok, wait, I thought about skipping the trail and Shanleigh said no way...so glad we did it!

Isn't that a great picture...Shan has it as her profile pic on FB!

One we had out fill of shopping in Darth's Mall ( I loved that) we headed toward the other side of the park to see what was going on over there! I know you'll all be surprised but we didn't ride any rides on this day!
438.jpg

Loved the theming...these were all over the park! It always amazes me how Disney transforms things overnight!
439-1.jpg

We found ourselves at the Jedi Training Academy....one of our favourite things to do at DHS is watch these little guys! She was a special guest, can't remember her name but I think it started with a P...maybe Padma?? Anyhoo, she was great and according to a little guy beside us, she was from the Clone Wars!
440-1.jpg

All set to go in their robes....they crack me up, I love how the parents get right into it too!
444.jpg

Special training today...I liked how they had kiddies on the stage and a separate group down off to the right of the stage so they could accomdate more kids...loved it
445.jpg

She was so great and right in character, although I shouldn't be surprised, they were all fantastic!
446.jpg

This guy was the funniest Jedi Master we've seen to date! I actually had to wipe away tears of laughter he was so funny, neither of us wanted it to end!
447.jpg

OH NO>.....guess who's coming!!!
450.jpg

Yup...Darth Vadar! It always amazes me how the kids aren't terrified of him, but none from this group was they all stepped up to the challenge!
451.jpg

Storm Trooper standing guard!
453.jpg

Not sure who this "lovely" lady is, but man was she scary ... and never said a word!
456.jpg

Fighting a Jedi...now it's getting good!
458.jpg

A real life Jedi...he was behind us for photos so I just zoomed in....he was a cutie!
460.jpg

We had such a great time at the Training Academy but it was time to move on! From Clone Wars...or at least that's what one of the dad's said Shan thought he was cool!
462.jpg

The scary girl again, she was staring down a young boy who had just had his picture taken with her....this went on, no word of a lie, for over a minute. Shan wasn't sure if she should wait or go but.....
464.jpg

she waited and I snapped this....the whole time she was squeezing Shan's shoulder, it was quite funny! Again, not one word came out of her mouth!
465-1.jpg

We decided to sit and watch some of the little ones with the characters and it was so hot a break was welcome. I posted this earlier for a reader to see but I thought I would post for anyone who didn't see them. Shan bought these Tom's at DTD in Curl and had the artist outside paint Cherry Blossom's on them and we both thought they turned out great! I'm amazed at how many young girls stop her when she has them on to ask where she bought them!
469.jpg

We were wandering around and noticed that Min and Bill's Dockside Diner was opened and I have a young lady who thinks their chocolate shakes are the best thing on earth so we stopped. I took this while I waited!
470.jpg

Guess who took this....right! Shan!
472.jpg

Enjoying her chocolate shake....is it just me or can you tell how hot it is by looking at her face? It was ridiculously sweltering but there was no way we were leaving before the parade.......

SWW looks great! We're hoping to make it during that time next year. :)

Shan's shoes are adorable! I'm not surprised she gets asked about them!

I would love to take our kiddos to SWW someday when they're a little older! It looks like you had a great time! I think I might be showing my inner space dork here, but the Jedi with the "pigtails" is Ahsoka, and the Sith (creepy lady) is Asajj Ventress.

SWW looks great! We're hoping to make it during that time next year. :)

Shan's shoes are adorable! I'm not surprised she gets asked about them!
Ohhh, you guys will have a great time...hope it all works out! Our plans for our next trip are still up in the air so nothing concrete yet and probably won't be until early next year!

I thought they were very cute and different! Hmmm, I wonder if another young lady we both know purchased a pair on her last trip:rotfl2: Guess I will just have to wait and see!

I would love to take our kiddos to SWW someday when they're a little older! It looks like you had a great time! I think I might be showing my inner space dork here, but the Jedi with the "pigtails" is Ahsoka, and the Sith (creepy lady) is Asajj Ventress.

YAY!! I knew someone would know their names! Clearly, I had no idea:rotfl2: Thank you so much for sharing your vast knowledge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter