It's a Small World - who have you run into at WDW?

On my first trip in 2000 we were watching the parade at MK when one of the Belles in the parade did a double take towards me that caught my attention. She and I took dance class together as kids! (She was obviously better than me!) She kept going and I didn't see her again.

I've also run into my son's Sunday school teacher and a coworker!

Last year we were in line for TSM and on the stairs (yes, that far into the line) I was looking at this cute little girl behind me, thinking she looked familiar.... then noticed that her mother, grandpa and grandma all looked familiar too. They were my neighbors!

Just this past February I was giving a legal deposition. After it was over we were chatting and the court reporter said she was leaving soon for WDW. I said "me too" and the attorney chimed in and said he was going with his family. How weird we were all going to be there at the same time! Never saw them in Florida though.

I never have but my twin nieces have run into kids from school on two different trips. I guess that's what happens when the whole state has the same spring break week!

It was at WDW, but at DL with DCA 1st opened i was in high school

I ran into my history teacher... :scared:

It would have been fine, but I was playing Hookie from school.. AND SO WAS HE!

We laughed about it.. And he told me not to tell anyone b/c he could have been fired..
Never said a word.....

Ran into my cousin, her husband and kids at Epcot. Neither of us knew the other would be at Disney at the same time. We hung out together for a while and were going to try to get together the next day for dinner but it didn't work out.

At Hong Kong Disney we ran into the former mayor of our town.

Jim

Yes! This was an odd one...

In December we were in Kauai and we had an afternoon of just swimming. We sat by the kids pool at our resort the entire day while our girls played with two other girls from another family. The other mom was sitting in her lounger, we were sitting in ours, and periodically we'd just have some small talk.

Then last week, while in Disneyland, we lined up in Toon Town to get pictures with Goofy. That exact same family was behind us in line! She recognized us immediately... just too odd to run into them. I was shocked. I wish I had gotten their names just to "know" them that way.

But yeah... small world for sure!

At both DL and WDW, DH and I ran into a guy from our hometown. We would see him every Saturday morning for like 2 or 3 months as we were all waiting for our local Disney Store to open so we could all get our 100 Years of Magic pins.

In December, I was walking to SSE at Epcot chatting with my friend when I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see my high school English teacher and her family! I knew they were Disney people but had no idea they were coming down. I could not believe that out of the tens of thousands of people at the park that day, we happened to be at the same place at the same time. It was so nice to talk with her as she was one of my favorite teachers.

During that same mini-vacation, I ran into some friends of mine from church - twice, at two different parks on two different days! Neither of us had any idea the other would be at Disney during that time. It was hilarious.

My husband and I both started teaching in the early 80's, and we both teach in large high schools.

So it's pretty much a given that we'll run into either a current or a past student almost everywhere we go.

Last year, as we were entering International Gateway, 10 minutes after arriving at the Beach Club, he ran into a current student. A few days later, after our YES class, I ran into a woman I had taught in about 1983 or so... her kids were taking a class as well.

DH is a weatherman in Louisiana. We were on a trip with some friends and a couple in MK recognized him. Lol.

This year I saw my cousin in MK. I knew she would be there, but had not planned on meeting up. Never saw the rest of her family.

Same trip, I saw my co-worker and family in line for Maelstrom and again around Germany. Again, knew she would be at WDW but did not expect to see them.

A few years ago my DH and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary on Mother's day sans DD and this older gentleman walks over to the table and claps the hubby on the shoulder. It was his choir teacher from high school. Small conversation ensued and then he had a bottle of champagne snt to our table!

The next year while in Epcot an older woman walked right up to me and said Hi aren't you Marge's oldest daughter? I met you years ago when you visited your mom at work. To this day I have no clue who the woman was but she knew all about me and m sisters:rotfl2:.

We were in HS walking up the road toward the ToT when I heard my name being called loudly from behind me. When I turned around I saw two co-workers of mine who had moved away to Toronto several years prior! One of the ladies was someone who shares my love of all things Disney and it was so karma to meet up with her here. Amid lots of hugs we had a great time catching up with each others' lives and did a couple of attractions together before going our separate ways. Disney truly was magical for me that day.

Used to happen a lot on our Mardi Gras trips since so many families from Louisiana go to WDW that week. We haven't been that week in a long time though.

We went on a last minute trip when I was pregnant in 2010 and I ran into a co-worker from another unit in the hospital where we work at the emporium with her son.

We run into people we know all the time at DL but thats because in Az when the schools are on break all the Zonies head to DL for the cool weather and a quick vaca (7 hours away). We see our kids friends and their families, teachers, neighbors, co-workers etc.

You can drive through the parking lots during spring and fall breaks and see nothing but AZ license plates.:drive:

We were at MK this past October on a relatively quiet morning. There was no line at IASW so we went right in. The family right in front of us have a DD who just happened to be in my DS (8yrs) class. We don't know the family well, but the kids were excited to see each other and we all rode the boat together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter