ITS a POP-O-LICOUS Thanksgiving

Isn't the castle beautiful all lite up? My mom and I chocked up when it was lighted when we were there

Awesome trip report! Great Pics and I love your descriptions of everything!

Thanks - I just got back from my trip at DISNEYLAND - which slowed down my posting to this trip report......I will update December 1st of THIS trip report right now!!! Thanks for reading! Im such a slaker....:3dglasses

Ok here goes.....next post...12/01/2008

Great trip report! :thumbsup2

I am so going to have to check out the ice cream shop on our next trip. How are the prices? Can you use a snack credit on anything in there?

Sorry Pikester I never answered your question - the ice cream prices are not really that cheap -

http://allears.net/menu/men_msic.htm

This is what hubby got and it was 4.19 without tax
The "Plaza" Ice Cream Sundae - Hot Fudge, whipped cream and a cherry served in waffle bowl $4.19 I dont know we dont eat ice cream out enough to know if that is reasonable or not but I am guessing we could buy a gallon of ice cream for that price. :laughing:

Today we planned on going to Epcot with a Lunch at Chef's de France &
CAN I just say I not believe we ate all this FOOD!?!?!??!

We started the day by exiting our Bay Lake View room - to have a quick breakfast in the concourse area at the then NEW Contempo cafe:wizard:

Menu here
http://allears.net/menu/menu_contempo.htm

The lunch menu was up - even though we were heading in for breakfast -
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Hubby got the 'Bounty Platter"
Bounty Platter - scrambled eggs, bacon, turkey sausage, breakfast potatoes, biscuit and french toast
ry%3D400

Daughter bagel with cream cheese
ry%3D480

Son got the same Bounty platter....(and its half eatten in the pic so I wont gross you out with that pic) :rotfl:

I got the Grilled Ham, Egg and Cheddar Sandwich
ry%3D480

Daughter like - Can we go yet?
ry%3D480

We got up bright an early as usual and caught the Monorail(s) to Epcot.
God I love the monorail.
ry%3D480

Here is an audio clip

ry%3D480

We arrive at EPCOT YEAH!
ry%3D480

We line up at the Epcot gates - before opening....They do the count down- which the kids love and gets them very excited.
THEN - we are in....very quickly.

We decided to do SOARING first twice..along with the huge mass of people that go straight for that ride......Living the land then Nemo and friends

Next it was off for lunch at Chef's ...over the international Gateway

Here is a link to CDF menu
http://allears.net/menu/menu_cdf.htm

ry%3D480

COMING UP next post:woohoo:

As I remember correctly we arrived at the podium - about 30 minutes !! early. And let them know we had a reservation for 12:15...I wasn't sure if they were going to make us wait or not - but they did not. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

So we were shown a seat in the middle of the front dining room.

There was plenty of coloring materials and crayons available for the kids... :goodvibes

The atmosphere was very busy, but light and airy surroundings made up for it....The kids menu AND Our Menu -

I ordered the The French Menu $19.95
Soupe a l' oignon gratinee - Onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese
Croque monsieur et sa salade verte - classic French toasted ham and cheese sandwich with a green salad
Creme brulee - vanilla creme brulee and a madeleine

Which looked like this (Hubby and I both had the French Onion Soup - even tho he didnt order the french menu)
The soup had lots of cheese...cooked just right...plenty of onions...a little too salty...but still very good.
ry%3D480

Croque monsieur et sa salade verte - this was tasty a bit to toasty but the ingredients were wonderful.
ry%3D480

--------

Appetizers....
My daughter started with Friand au Fromage - Cheese puff pastry $4.00
ry%3D480

SHE REALLY liked it!
ry%3D480

DS's entree
ry%3D480

Hubby's Main entree - Ok this was supposed to be like a fish sandwich and chips....I have no idea why he ordered this I mean = when in rome - I know I know we are not really in france but my point is - I never order obscure things not commonly ordered on a menu - past experience has proven this to be a useful tool when selecting items. Anyways - I wouldnt order fish/chips at a french restaurant. Well this is a primary example of why not to do so.

Hubby really did not like this sandwich...I mean it wasnt bad - just nothing like what he was expecting.
ry%3D480

He kept saying the French dont have french fries!!!
so the cone of fries really put him into - I dont like it mode.
Again not bad food - but wasnt what he was anticipating...I dont see this on the menu anymore.

DESERTS FOR ALL -
DDs choc chip cookie the size of her HEAD! it was very moist & tasty- I tried a tiny bite.
ry%3D480

DS's straight vanilla ice cream w/ vanilla cookie.
ry%3D480

My Creme Brulee - This was barely toasted on top - just the way I like it. It was heavenly - and the madeline was the lightest spongiest - "butteriest" (is that a word?) I've ever had.
Hubby ordered the same - and loved it as well.
ry%3D480

Great trip report so far! Can't wait to read the rest.

I guess you still have your job since you got to make that trip to DL?! I'll be awaiting that report next!

All your food from Chefs De France looks YUMMY!:thumbsup2 I went for dinner since I wasn't sure if the lunch stuff would be that appealing. But it looks wonderful according to your pics. Dinner was also very tasty!

flamestarrdust said:
All your food from Chefs De France looks YUMMY! I went for dinner since I wasn't sure if the lunch stuff would be that appealing. But it looks wonderful according to your pics. Dinner was also very tasty!

HEY check out the Post AGAIN - if you thought it was great before! I just found my desert photos and added them!!

MandyTG said:
subbing! Great trip report so far! Can't wait to read the rest. I guess you still have your job since you got to make that trip to DL?! I'll be awaiting that report next!

Yes as of now - it was actually such an unbelievable relief because it went like this....we had a bunch of 15 min meetings with the manager....(as it sounds like this protocol was going on in a lot of companies of late due to the economy) - Im told - within 1 minute - "Your position is safe" whew! I exhale - ...and THEN Im asked - oh BTW would you be interested in going to anaheim CA for a conference? :cloud9: :scared1: Talk about going from hell to heaven in 5 mins flat!

I just about died.. Yes yes yes - Im there!:love:

So did the conference Im back - job intact and now I have DISNEYLAND first time ever....to retell. But I promised I would finish this report (to myself) before starting the next one!

I kinda got lazy with updating because life gets in the way sometimes you know - but Ive a renewed interest (since getting back from Disneyland) Ive got to get moving because I have another trip to WDW in August!!! :rotfl: Mulan2? You out there - we must lunch! :)

PopArtGal humm sounds yummy. I will try to get a ressie for "Chefs".
I definitely will the next time I go. They were fast and the wait staff was very nice to the kids. Very attentive.

MadiMouse Yay! Another Update!!!

So glad you stuck around! Your a loyal fan! :cutie:

I know I know you are all saying your kidding me - you had a big dinner too? Its true - We become pigs on vacation - I hope you all will forgive the blatant gluttony ... ;)

oK SO this is back when you had like 180 +10 days to make your reservation...So I was like making this ressie back in June for November - SO you KNOW we were very excited to do this meal.
BUT yes - after having a full breakfast, full lunch - we are having a full buffet dinner at Chef Mickey's - why not right :confused3 right :rotfl:

Atmosphere at CheF Mickeys! :love:

ry%3D480

We were a party of 8 this evening - and Im not sure if the people we met up with would be cool with me posting their pictures - so .....oops I just found one with faces obscured......ie...the back of kids heads...while minnie signs autograph books...

ry%3D480

We had TONS of character interaction....we saw AND got to spend many minutes with Mickey, Minnie, goofy, pluto and DONALD..I got literally like 29 photos of the kids with characters and hubby with characters and friends with characters....It was GREAT! :wizard:

That said - It was REALLY - high energy and crazy in there - like characters showing up every minute. As a result my food pics are not a good as other meals...but...without further ado....the food.

Kid#1's first plate.
ry%3D480

Kid#2's first plate.
ry%3D480

Kids desert
ry%3D480

Another desert
ry%3D480

Hubby's plate
ry%3D480

Another desert
ry%3D480

aFTER the great meal -

We returned to our dreamlike contemporary room :cloud9:
and see this - The staff was extraordinary here. We always got fun stuff in the room. Very very tidy :wizard:
ry%3D480

you are making me excited for the CR.

It was so nice there....I mean you really cannot beat the convenience of hopping in the monorail...and although we didnt stay in the 'tower' we thought it was JUST as nice....you got a 30 second walk to the tower, and still got the monorail as a benefit...AND didnt have to pay 400$+ A NIGHT.

So we loved staying in the standard wing.!!! Would do again in a second.:thumbsup2

I can't wait to read YOUR report when you get back!

Thanks for sharing your trip! We are staying at POP for the first time in March. We were hesitant at first booking a value, but have heard some wonderful things about it. Thanks for the pictures!

Just curious amaxwell...how was your trip??? at POP?

Im a little nervous about going during August free dining - crowds etc..
Anyways would like to here how it went in march for you. :3dglasses

We also will be staying in the Garden Wing. YAY! Finally someone has a great review of the garden wing!

Yes, I'm a loyal stalker...I mean fan!:rotfl2:
I'm so glad you posted Chef Mickey's! We are eating there for dinner in July. How was the selection of dinner food? I cannot wait to interact with the characters!!!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter