ITS a POP-O-LICOUS Thanksgiving

Finally!!!
Your photos are great. As I sit here eating my macaroni for lunch your dishes are making me reallly hungry!!!! LOL.
The blue plates at Citrico's looks really cool too.
I can't believe how much they charge for the kids stuff.
So which place next?
Waitiong for more...

Your funny! YEAH! I didnt lose all my readers Honestly - this meal - I forgot to bring my camera, and I used a friends camera...so allllllll this time I was waiting for them to SHARE their pics with me....the nerve!!! :rotfl:

Anyways...back to our regularly scheduled programming...(all the rest of my trip pics are on MY camera...note to self - dont rely on friends to expeditously share pics post trip...haha.

So at this point - in the trip we are at the Contemporary...so it was - ...
as my daughter says
- "Easy breezy lemon squeeezy"

to hop on over to the Polynesian for a breakfast at 8:00
http://allears.net/menu/menu_kcb.htm

Ok folks so open a seperate browser window & listen to this in the background whilst reading about my magical breakfast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9tWXAFe3I

Monorail
ry%3D480

We are quickly seated and the waitress is very pleasant.

I start taking photos of the atmosphere.
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

100% Kona Coffee French Press Pot $7.49
Lilikoi Juice - Passion fruit, orange and guava blend - $3.99
ry%3D480

Hubby looking at me like what?
ry%3D480

DS like where is my breakfast

ry%3D480

There it is !
Kids Pancakes with choice of ham, bacon or sausage $4.99
ry%3D480

Hubby got the famous Tonga toast...they put this strawberry jam on it...THATS not tonga toast! I wanted to say...but I didnt - He said there was ENOUGH sugar without the pink stuff.
Tonga Toast - banana stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with Strawberry Compote and your choice of ham, bacon, or sausage $10.99
ry%3D480

My breakfast trying to be good
Two Eggs Your Way with home fried potatoes, a biscuit, and choice of ham, bacon or sausage $9.99
ry%3D480

Daughters choice side of eggs.
Kids French Toast with choice of ham, bacon or sausage $4.99 she passed on meat
ry%3D480

The waitstaff here was very attentive, any time we needed a drink she was right there - we were using DDE (now tables in wonderland and she knew just how to charge it up) Great service here. We were very happy all the food was above par.:snooty:

Snapped a Quick pic of Lilo & Stitch on the way out...Loved it!
ry%3D480

Today we were off to the Kingdom after breakfast.

We ARE off!
ry%3D480

With park opening at 9am we got there after park opening.

Arrving at Main street
ry%3D480

Its kinda crowded today...hmmm
ry%3D480

More Christmas decorations
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We made beeline to Dumbo - :groom: no wait...!:thumbsup2

Then it was astro orbiters - strangely no wait. :thumbsup2
ry%3D480

Next we went on Buzz Kids just LOVE this ride,::yes::
I didnt take any pics tho.

More TTA:groom:
ry%3D400

We had lunch at Cosmic Rays Starlight cafe....no pics..:sad1:

Haunted mansion :eek:
ry%3D480

When we got back to our room at the contemporary.....
ry%3D480

subbing. great tr so far. My DW and I stayed at Music in 05 and we loved it, we were up close to the front desk, and the pool and didn't have any problems with anything. the beds were nice, and it was fairly quiet. I do see a lot of people that have had problems with the value resorts, but we liked Music, I'll stay at POP next time though

:cool1: Love the updates and they were worth the wait.

:goodvibes Some good thoughts towards your job status.

I think the Tonga Toast looks awful! :scared: I hear such good things but I swear it looks like a powdered coated brick of poo. :rotfl2:

I :cloud9: how the Cont. tucked the kids' stuffed animals in bed!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Citricos looks amazing! :cheer2:

subbing. great tr so far. My DW and I stayed at Music in 05 and we loved it, we were up close to the front desk, and the pool and didn't have any problems with anything. the beds were nice, and it was fairly quiet. I do see a lot of people that have had problems with the value resorts, but we liked Music, I'll stay at POP next time though

Hi Daze - :flower3: Welcome to my TR!!pixiedust:

This was our first Value stay! We loved it.. Glad to hear you had the same type of experience. I ALMOST went with movies or music for our upcoming trip (currently booked as of yesterday for 8-12 to 8-22-2009!! :thumbsup2 )

BUT I couldnt get myself motivated to stray from POP! 10 days there this time. Funny eh? I have to admit I did love the contemporary - but the kids loved pop MORE! AND SO for us...and the money we save...Pop is definitely the way to go. Yes I was amazed at how MUCH we fell in love with it. As I kinda in the past was a moderate snob :snooty: funny.

Hi Daze - :flower3: Welcome to my TR!!pixiedust:

This was our first Value stay! We loved it.. Glad to hear you had the same type of experience. I ALMOST went with movies or music for our upcoming trip (currently booked as of yesterday for 8-12 to 8-22-2009!! :thumbsup2 )

BUT I couldnt get myself motivated to stray from POP! 10 days there this time. Funny eh? I have to admit I did love the contemporary - but the kids loved pop MORE! AND SO for us...and the money we save...Pop is definitely the way to go. Yes I was amazed at how MUCH we fell in love with it. As I kinda in the past was a moderate snob :snooty: funny.

I'd love to stay at a moderate, or a DVC, or well, lots of places, but for my money the values take the cake every time. I think POP would just be more fun than the other values, looks like more to do and look at. IMHO. I don't think I could bring my self to take my DD to the contemporary. I'd hate to be known as the father of the child that ruined the place :rotfl:

:cool1: Love the updates and they were worth the wait. :goodvibes Some good thoughts towards your job status.

Thanks! :flower3:

I think the Tonga Toast looks awful! :scared: I hear such good things but I swear it looks like a powdered coated brick of poo. :rotfl2:

Agreed...and hubby didnt really like it -:sick: He said it was too sweet...(i was like well duh!) I like your analogy tho haha :rotfl:

I :cloud9: how the Cont. tucked the kids' stuffed animals in bed!!!!!! :thumbsup2

YES - they did this every day...I mean EVERY day. Housekeeping was awesome. Its such a little thing and the kids got a big kick out of it.

Citricos looks amazing! :cheer2:
We did love our meal here. The meal was a lOOONG ONE tho....OVER TWO hours...but we were happy overall with the service.:upsidedow

Great to see you still reading! :cheer2:

BTW congrats on 10 days in the world!!! (I forgot to mention it last night)

BTW congrats on 10 days in the world!!! (I forgot to mention it last night)

Thanks!!!
AND I *might* still have a job...Boss asked me to go on a conference after the layoff date. So Im taking that as Im still employed.
Even bettter...the conference is in ANAHEIM, CA...Disneyland here I come!!
(would be my first ever trip there!) Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it pans out.

Im hoping!!! :thumbsup2

RIGHT ON!!! :thumbsup2 DL is fun too. plus they have the Indiana Jones Ride there. (well they did 10 years ago)

Thanks! :flower3:

Agreed...and hubby didnt really like it -:sick: He said it was too sweet...(i was like well duh!) I like your analogy tho haha :rotfl:

I dislike bananas and poo so I am thinking the toast might not be the best brekkie for me. ;)

YES - they did this every day...I mean EVERY day. Housekeeping was awesome. Its such a little thing and the kids got a big kick out of it.

I love the little touches. They are what make Disney pure magic! pixiedust:

We did love our meal here. The meal was a lOOONG ONE tho....OVER TWO hours...but we were happy overall with the service.:upsidedow

Great to see you still reading! :cheer2:

It looked fabulous! :thumbsup2

Thanks!!!
AND I *might* still have a job...Boss asked me to go on a conference after the layoff date. So Im taking that as Im still employed.
Even bettter...the conference is in ANAHEIM, CA...Disneyland here I come!!
(would be my first ever trip there!) Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it pans out.

Im hoping!!! :thumbsup2

:woohoo: You will love Disneyland!!!!!! pixiedust:

Daze said:
RIGHT ON!!! DL is fun too. plus they have the Indiana Jones Ride there. (well they did 10 years ago)

I KNOW IT!!! ill have to check it out!

I dislike bananas and poo so I am thinking the toast might not be the best brekkie for me. ;)

UUhh Yah! RentaYenta...THEN YOU should definitely stay away from this one!
:rotfl:

rentayenta said:
I love the little touches. They are what make Disney pure magic! pixiedust:

AGREED! I guess the big touches are kinda cool too :thumbsup2:

rentayenta said:
:woohoo: You will love Disneyland!!!!!! pixiedust:

RentaYenta - I Immediately thought of you when I got this offer! I thought - Hey - that was wild...I was just chatting about DL...This must be RY sending me some good vibes...haha. SO HEY THANKS!

I have to say it was BEYOND jubilation to go from feeling unemployed to this possibility!!
I'm not quite believing it..Ill believe it when Im on the plane. ;)

Just found your TR - enjoyed the photos. (So sad to see the state some of the attractions have fallen into.) The food all looks great though. Also good to see photos of the POP as it is our destination this summer.

Just found your TR - enjoyed the photos. (So sad to see the state some of the attractions have fallen into.) The food all looks great though. Also good to see photos of the POP as it is our destination this summer.

:welcome: GreatBiscuit!

Glad to see Im still attracting new readership! :goodvibes

Yes I agree. Walt would be bull puckey..IMHO. Anyways...It seems disney is slacking on TTA. Im hoping they are planninga refurb soon as it is wayyyy overdue. :snooty:

Stay tuned...I plan to add another update tomorrow. Up Next - Epcot & Chefs de france with Chef Mickeys for dinner...then back to Contemp for more fun and frolic:cheer2:

on THIS DAY at the end of the day - the VERRY last few minutes...that the MK was open for people without Party Passes...My hubby decided he had to have some ice cream.

So given that we were at the contemporary at this point - it was super easy to hop on the monorail and go to the MK - however we didnt realize it was 20 mins before the MK closed for MVMCP......(7pm) ....SO!!

We made a beeline for the ice Cream shop on Main street.

And here it is - the SUNDAE my hubby HAD TO HAVE....COULDNT WAIT until tomorrow to get....had to drag us to the MK 15 mins before closing.

ry%3D480

He was happy with it. I guess that is all that matters. ;)

DS got a Mickey Ice Cream cone
ry%3D480

DD - Chocolate Mickey Cone in cup...
ry%3D480

I got nothin....

Then as we are eating our ice cream...They light up the castle. I have to say - nice ending to our day. (and we didnt even have MVMCP tickets):banana:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Ohhh the ice cream looks soooo worth the mad dash to MK.Now I want some and I'm stuffed from Red Robin.

Great trip report! :thumbsup2

I am so going to have to check out the ice cream shop on our next trip. How are the prices? Can you use a snack credit on anything in there?

Hubby got "The Original" - The California Grill's legendary butterscotch creme brulee with a duo of banana cakes, and caramelized bananas $10.00
He said it was perfect- sweet but not overly so. very tasty - kinda blurry pic.
ry%3D480

This looks so good! I so want it! Now! hahahaha:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter