It's a beautiful time......March 2006 Thread

Oh, no. I smell posted pictures, receipts for mystery drinks, and tales to tell...

We don't get into MCO until 11:15 am - may hit another park, then hop to Epcot if the timing is going well. Any interest in meeting up around 4 or 5 (Epcot is the EMH park that evening...does this mean WS is open late?)? I'll talk to DH and see if he has any opinions.

Bill From PA said:
We're in Epcot every afternoon from about 1:30 or so on, and we do sample the goods at places other than the R&C. Either give us a time and place mid-afternoon or later or I can PM you with my cell #. We met up with Jim from the Chicago area and his daughter in Jan. '05 and had a great time.

Bill From PA

Hi Bill
Talked to you on a thread or 2 last year. Don't know if you remember me but we're from Frackville...the couple with the bar and restaurant. I'll keep my eye out for you and your wife while we're at Epcot. I'll look for the guy with a beer in his hand. ;) We'll be at WDW from Mar 2nd thru the 9th. We spend quite a bit of time at Epcot too. Hope to see you there!

2vets,

I think WS closes 1 or 2 hrs after Illuminations regardless of EMH, but I'm not certain. As time winds down I'll be in touch and PM you before we leave for MCO.

Cindie-rella,

I do remember, I think you were mentioning what your Happy Hour featured or something similar. At Epcot we gravitate to the British Invasion, Off Kilter, Mo'Rockin, and the Drum Act in Japan in addition to the Tap. The R&C is our favorite but we don't discriminate. We're flying out of PHL, how about you?

Bill From PA

Bill (and possibly Cindie-rella, as well) -

We've decided to go ahead and double-up on our Le Cellier reservations, making a set on Saturday night, as well - depending on the timing for Friday, we'll possibly just cancel when we get there, giving some poor slob an opportunity to walk in!!

Sounds good about the PM - the husband is up for a meet (he is English, so he is fond of the Rose and Crown), so it sounds like all will work out for a get together.

Have a good month... Allison

Allison, (and anyone else interested),

Sounds like a plan. I'll be sure to touch base a week or so ahead and I'll post my cell#. There's a guy from Vt. who PM'd me about hoisting a few and I'll send him this link to see if the time and place appeals to him. We may have a nice little DIS gathering there. BTW, I'm going to have a nice 43 days 11 hrs. 25 mins. 55 secs., same to you.

Bill From PA

Bill From PA said:
2vets,

Cindie-rella,

I do remember, I think you were mentioning what your Happy Hour featured or something similar. At Epcot we gravitate to the British Invasion, Off Kilter, Mo'Rockin, and the Drum Act in Japan in addition to the Tap. The R&C is our favorite but we don't discriminate. We're flying out of PHL, how about you?

Bill From PA

We too will be flying out of Philly on the 2nd. We are taking a little later flight however, the 11:30 a.m. (US AIR)only b/c we're were planning on not having to stay over in Philly the night before since we won't be able to leave until we close out the bar. We might just end up staying at the Marriot anyway b/c I think we might be pushing it by having to get up and leave by 7-7:30. Plus I have no idea where to park our car for the week. At least if we stay at the airport hotels we'll get to park there for the week and be done with it. What flight are you leaving on?

Cindie-rella,

We booked the Ramada, right down the road from PHL and they have a free shuttle. For $107 we got the room and 14 days of parking in their lot. Our USAir flight #987 leaves at 7:55 and we'll be on the ground around 10:36. I figure with Tiffany and a grocery stop we'll be at Swan before 11:30 and in the seat pictured below by noon. That might work for you also.

Bill From PA

Bill, I booked a stay at the Sheraton Suites for Wed. I feel better knowing we'll be there 1st thing in the morn than chancing a problem that could keep us from getting to our flight on time. If I knew I'd be staying over I would have taken the same flight as you guys, that's the flight we took last April. So, we should be checking in to CBR by about 3-ish on the 2nd. I don't know about Thurs. no plans, but we'll be at Epcot on Friday. Hubby can't wait for another Italian Margarita. Like you said, we can swap cel's and maybe put together a little Dis gathering. We travel with just the 2 of us so we can pretty much meet anytime, pref. later in the afternoon/early evenings. Hope we can put something together. We'll keep in touch. Cindi

Hi all! We will be going March 2 through 12, staying at Shades of Green. I am hosting a newbe who grew up on a dairy farm in PA. He is a little skeptical about the magic of WDW. His wife and kids are all gung ho, but he is a little "ba humbug" and "this trip if for the kids." Maybe we can join you on Friday and he can see adults have fun too? Thanks

We will be there March 8th thru the 13th! Not sure where we are staying yet but it will be at one of the All Stars. We are going for the cheerleading competition and it depends where they assign my daughter's team.

suevee,

The more the merrier. We'll firm up some times and places as we get closer but Fri. 3/3 at the Rose & Crown in the afternoon is looking promising.

Bill From PA

Hi ! I'm new here.

I just booked our hotel stay for the Wilderness Lodge - March 3 - 10th. I'm so stoked! We've stayed on property before, but only stayed at the PO Riverside. Being so close to the MK has my whole family really excited - my husband is a little twisted over the cost, but he'll live. Ha!

I think it's awesome to see how many people are going! We were going to wait until next December and go at a lower traffic time, but spontaneously decided to go sooner than later. I hope the crowds will be worth it!

suevee said:
Hi all! We will be going March 2 through 12, staying at Shades of Green. I am hosting a newbe who grew up on a dairy farm in PA. He is a little skeptical about the magic of WDW. His wife and kids are all gung ho, but he is a little "ba humbug" and "this trip if for the kids." Maybe we can join you on Friday and he can see adults have fun too? Thanks

Hey Suevee!
We are going to be at SOG at the same time! We arrive March 3-12! Have you been there before? I was wondering about their food, like the breakfast bar, italian restaurant, etc. Prices seem cheap enough. Any info about shades of green?
Thanks!
Simona

We love Shades of Green!!! This is our fifth trip. The photos on the website is pretty accurate.The rooms are large, the grounds pretty and clean, staff is really nice, and the pools never seem to get to crowded. They have a hot tub and a full gym as well as pathways. I have never been to impressed with the food other than the cost. Compared to other on site resorts it is reasonable. Breakfast buffet was only $7 for adults, and free for under 3. It was good for the price, but not Chrystel Palace fare. We enjoy the Evergreen family bar for sandwiches and onion rings. I haven't tried Mangione or the new Garden Grill buffets in awhile, so I can't give an opinion. We do plan to use them this time. Look for a large loud group!!!! There will be between 19 and 24 of us with lots of little ones. Our youngest will be 2 with a couple of 4's, some 7's, an 8 and a 10. Then the rest are adults. PM me if I can answer any other questions. I would be glad to! We are psyched!!! :banana: :banana:

We will be in WDW March 25-April 3 staying at ASMovies. We are excited about going with friends for their first trip ever.

We will be there March 13-17th for Spring Break. Our high school band will be Marching in the Share a Dream Parade in MK. We can't wait. :banana: :banana:

Hi, I'm still kind of new here, but just wanted to post that we will be going from March 3-12. We're staying at the AKL. It's my first time in about 15 or so years and my husband's first time ever. I'm so excited! It can't get here fast enough.

Rachel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter