IT'S 6 IN THE MORNING! A 24hr, SWW,Birthday Adventure--Updated 1/25x3!!!-FINISHED

Ahhhh! I'm a little late to the party but I'm here!!!!! :cheer2: I can't wait to hear about the 24 hours of Disney! Seriously, I totally need to do that some year. And Star Wars Weekend, that's totally on my bucket list. Eeeeeep! Can't wait! :tigger:

A little late to the party! Great start loved the video! My daughter is also a true vegetarian, so interested in your food reviews.

I'm glad to see that I didn't miss an update (it's been a rough week), but got here just in time for a new one.

And what a fun-filled update...I love it. We've not eaten dinner at Chef Mickey's since 2004 as we had a very, very bad meal there. I do not think I have ever seen any one put ketchup on their mac&cheese except for our youngest son.

The pictures of you and Jenna with the characters are terrific. You girls are just too cute.

I'm glad you timed it well to see Wishes...it is my favorite show.

Haha no worries!! I've bene trying not to go too fast on this one lol!

I do really enjoy Chef Mickey's dinner, I'd like to try out breakfast there one day, but for now, I like it! Lol. Bahaha, yeah, It balances out the overpowering of the cheesey goodness lol

Awwe thank you!! We really did have a good night!
Love it!! It's either my favourite or second favourite, I can't decided between it and hallowishes:lmao:

EEEK! I am late to the party!

BTW - your video is awesome! And how great that you found a song that has "Fast Pass" as one of the opening lyrics ... though Mr. Stefano obviously needs to update the song to say "I've got a Fast Pass Plus ..." :rotfl2:

Gotta love meeting the Big Cheese on your first night - definitely a good call.

Not sure how the view is now with the construction but the Polly Beach has been one of my favorite spots to view Wishes from - so hopefully you get to check that out at one point in the future

Haha don't worry about it! Nothing too much has happene dlol!!

Thank you!! Lol, right?! I found it fitting!

I always have to stop in and see Mickey on the first day, I like to make it tradition lol!

Hahaha, I'll touch more on that in the next few updates, but the Poly looks like crap right now, I even had someone ask me on Insta after posting some shots form the beach if it'd be worth it to spend the money to stay there and I said no. I mean, it's one of the most expensive deluxe's and there's construction literally everywhere!

Wait... you threw out the Magic Band? Or did I misread that?

Seeing Mickey the first day is not only tradition, but super respectful too. :) You have to let him know you here!

That's a goal of mine as well, maybe even more that the Poly beach. To see Wishes from the vantage point of the Contemporary just seems so cool.

....i've thrown out all of them that don't have my AP linked to them.... :confused3 I don't like having junk or "things" around I like to have a small amount of stuff, especially now that I'm moving, and besides, I'd have like 10 million by now...hm...let's think:
yeah....I'd have 10 currently, plus three that are waiting for me at WDW.... bahaha

RIGHT?! It's super aewsome!

Yes!! Moreso from the Poly beach, it'd be much more spectacular from there I'd think! It's on my bucket list for my program! Man I'm so glad I have a year program! Got too much stuff to do!

Such cute pictures at Chef Mickey's! I haven't made it there for dinner yet, just breakfast. I actually had it booked for December but was then able to get the Wishes Dessert Party for the same night. I think the buffet and dessert party in one night would be a little too much food! :rotfl: I am still thinking about later in the week but I'm just not that comfortable with buffets/character meals by myself.

I seriously want that Pluto picture in the background of Jenna's picture with Mickey!

So cool to see Wishes from a different perspective! I wonder how the Poly beach is now with the construction?

I was JUST talking about breakfast and how I want to do it! Awe man, the dessert party is totally more my style! Lol, I can't WAIT to try it, I'm sure my Mom would love it, and I wouldn't mind doing mvmcp wishes from over there...do they do it on party nights??

Ahahaha I'll make a note to snag it for ya next time I'm around :rotfl: but really....they should sell the art you see in places....

I really enjoyed it...and I touch on that later, but the Poly is not looking so great right now, especially since the cost is still insanely high.... :rolleyes:

Awww, no copy of the picture! Did you try to get them to retrieve it? Or would they not be able to do that?

I generally don't get sushi at buffets. I've been disappointed in it most times I've gotten it.

Wow! Dessert heaven. I just go so excited! :rotfl2:

RIGHT?! I didn't even bother, I'm sure I would have been able to get them to find it, but I didn't really care that much about it, oh well, lol!

Yup...so good, so many treats!

What a great start to the trip! I have never experienced Mickey-ronni myself, but it is definitely on the list of things to try!

It was amazing! I really enjoyed the relaxing evening we had! Mickey-roni is delicious! definitely try it!

Glad that the lack of music didn't kill the whole experience. I bet it must be so amazing still though, to see the fireworks from that whole different perspective.

And of course they were playing frozen ;)

Haha it really was great, even without the music we really enjoyed it. I'm used to music with my fireworks now but I don't think Jenna even really knew lol!

Ahhhh! I'm a little late to the party but I'm here!!!!! :cheer2: I can't wait to hear about the 24 hours of Disney! Seriously, I totally need to do that some year. And Star Wars Weekend, that's totally on my bucket list. Eeeeeep! Can't wait! :tigger:

Haha no worries!! Yay, glad you're here! It was a ton of fun, we had a lot of new experiences this trip that I really enjoyed and can't wait to experience again!

Just found your new TR. looks like an awesome 1st day!

Welcome!:wave: glad you're here! It was a great arrival day!

A little late to the party! Great start loved the video! My daughter is also a true vegetarian, so interested in your food reviews.

Thank you so much!! Glad you made it over!!

Awesome!! I'll be sure to share as much detail as I can then!

The morning was upon us, but thanks to the wake up call not being set til later, and the black out blinds at Disney resorts, we were both still soundly asleep….right??

THINK FREAKING AGAIN!!

It was something like 9:45 in the morning when a rapping began on our door….seriously?! I’m usually so good at putting the “do not disturb” sign on the door for this reason, but hey, I figured if we were only here for one night, it should be fine. As I woke up & realized WHAT was going on, I hurried over to the door to tell the housekeeper to come back later.

We then at least half slept until the wake up call actually went off, and we decided to start to get up and get ready for the day. Since we had a microwave, we took advantage of it and cooked some oatmeal in the room for breakfast while we hung out enjoying the last moments of a deluxe hotel, around 10:30, the knocking on the door came YET AGAIN! At this point, Jenna was awake enough to be a mad, and I was definitely getting irked, I again walked over to the door, opened it and simply said “check out’s at 11, right?” and it seemed she got the point this time around.

Once 11:00 am did hit, we left the room, and headed down to the lobby to have them ship our luggage over to Pop Century, and we actually did bring up the housekeeping issue to the LOVELY cast member at the front desk and he said he’d be talking to the head of housekeeping about that and apologized on behalf of the team, which was super nice!

We thanked him, made sure our bags were safe, and headed over to the Contemporary where we jumped into the monorail line to begin our monorail tour of the day!

Jenna requested one with the Mickey Head behind us as well!

The monorail was a lovely first way of transport for us I mean, “Por Favor….” Yeah, probably the GREATEST thing to EVER hear, right!? I pointed out the castle to Jenna and everyone took notice of the sky writing that was going on

And before we knew it, we were over at the Polynesian! Jenna & I circled through the top of the lobby, stopping at the gift shop, where it seemed like she MIGHT get into pin trading later, and I picked up some post cards to get signed for friends later on in the trip. Obviously, the beautiful white sand beaches were calling to us, so we headed out there to hang out and relax for a bit!

It was seriously beautiful out there, and a super amazingly nice relaxing way to kick off our vacation. Jenna commented that she definitely needed it, and it was so nice to have some time to relax now that her school stuff was done and she could just “escape”. Yup. That’s definitely what Disney is all about, right? Escaping reality, and at this moment, we were both so happy.

Jenna was relaxed, I was so at peace, this was just such an amazing morning, and so different from any other Disney trip, usually I’m busy RUNNING off to the parks, especially since most of my trips are shorter & organized around auditions and taking as short time off work as possible. Today was completely different, we slept in, and now were just enjoying life with smiles in our hearts while we sat on a swing on a white sand beach looking across the lagoon at a freaking castle. Yeah, we were livin the sweet life!

Despite being totally in love with our current situation, and putting on sunscreen that morning, I was getting a little concerned with getting burnt out on that beach (what can I say, I usually get burnt watching MiSi and SOMEONE likes to make fun of me for it….and then bring me aloe vera :p) so we decided to head back inside the resort!

It wasn’t long before the monorail came back around and we were entering our second resort of the day, the AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL Grand Floridian!

I’m pretty sure Jenna was in awe, and I was more than okay taking the time to absorb the gorgeousness of the resort, I mean, walking in off that monorail platform is like NOTHING else.

I made sure to swing through the gift shop to check out pins/any new merchandise, and Jenna found some awesome hats!

The two of us then wandered downstairs and kinda just around and through the Grand Floridian Lobby. We talked a bit about the Wedding Pavilion briefly, and decided to head over to that area of the resort next. Downside of how Disney has it set up: the sign that tells you what time/what Wedding’s are going on, is on the opposite side of the entrance than the way we came from, so we (SLOWLY AND CAUTIOUSLY) proceeded down to see if maybe we could peer into the pavilion to see what we could see.

Unfortunately, there was a wedding that had JUST started, that a cast member nicely and politely informed us about. We apologized and made our way back down the pathway, where we saw another family coming down, and we passed along the information. SURPRISE, they didn’t listen, and the cast member seemed a bit more irked with them as she told them no, bahhaa!

Next to the pavilion entrance is an the like…planning office for all the Disney Weddings, we were peering in through the windows and Jenna was taking a picture of one of the displays when another cast member walked up to the building. She smiled, said hello, and then asked if we would want to come inside.

Uhm….YES PLEASE!! Obviously I’m IN LOVE with all things Disney Weddings, and Jenna’s in school for wedding planning, so we obviously took the opportunity to look around!

I was QUITE in love with that pink table, although I wasn’t sure an entire reception room full of them would be too much pink! Haha!

Throughout the shop they had little tables, centerpieces, cakes and more set up for everyone to look at, compare/choose from kinda thing.

Some of their planning tools involved photo books of various weddings set out on a table, we took some big looks through all of these, because, like, DUH.

While we looked through the books we noted what things we liked, what we really didn’t, and definitely joked about our dream weddings. Mine clearly involving an early morning ceremony behind the castle, everyone goes to play for the day, then reception at Be Our Guest (with a break for the fireworks of course) bahaha! The two of us thanked the two cast members working in the office profusely and then made our way past the corner of the lagoon over to the DVC building to peer in there as well!

Wait a minute! Who are you and what did you do with Katt!! A morning sleep-in and a leisurely tour of monorail resorts is so not Katt like. Sounds like a wonderful day so far.

that sounds like a lovely morning ... well other than the really insistent housekeeping! The Poly beach really is great - though can't help but notice the construction and how that last villa is reducing the view of the Castle.

That wedding planning room is awesome - and that cake with the almost sandcastle looking Castle was amazing!

I think a room with some pink tables but then either 1/2 or even more in the revers - like white with a pink pattern on them would look pretty cool. Maybe some black accents too

Wow, some eager Mouskeepers at the Deluxes. Yikes. "At this point, Jenna was awake enough to be a mad," :lmao: that cracked me up.

Oh Monorail, Monorail, how I love thee. To be able to jump on FROM THE HOTEL!!!! :cloud9:

Oh wow nice being able to go in the Wedding, um, store. Love CM's.

Such a lovely way to start a Disney vacation. I'm all for commando touring, but sometimes you just gotta actually relax. There is so much to see outside the parks it's almost frightening.

Early morning housekeeping should be forbidden unless people have the things up. I'm sorr that you had to deal with that.

Sounds like a relaxing day juts hanging on the beach and looking around the GF.

Ooh all the wedding stuff looks amazing. If I ever had the money I'd do a vow renewal ceremony there.

Ugh, dude. I hate it when that happens with Mousekeeping! Like, don't try to shove me out of the room early!

What a great way to start the trip. Relaxing in Disney is so nice, especially when we're used to just running and running.

The Wedding Pavilion is just beautiful! I've actually never gone over there to look at it in depth before. Just awesome.

Awesome cakes!! I just told my DH I want to get married at Disney & he said "uh we're already married..." :bride: I love the pink table set up!

Ugh, that's so annoying that the Mousekeepers kept knocking on your door.

That sounds like a really nice day of just relaxing. I would have a really hard time doing that because I love being in the parks so much. :rotfl:

Awesome that you got to see some of the wedding planning stuff. Those cakes are just amazing, especially the one with the castle on top!

I am playing catch up yet again.

What a nice, relaxing morning doing the monorail tour. I am so sad that the Poly is all torn up and that fountain is no longer there. :sad:

Love you and Jenna relaxing on the beach.

The GF is gorgeous (although not a place for me to stay). Too bad you couldn't see the wedding pavilion, but how cool that you got to go to the planning room and see all of that. It looks awesome.

Wait a minute! Who are you and what did you do with Katt!! A morning sleep-in and a leisurely tour of monorail resorts is so not Katt like. Sounds like a wonderful day so far.

Ahahahah right?! It was definitely strange, but Jenna didn't have park tickets for the day, and this year I've done a lot of relaxing around the resorts! I even went to the GYM at AKL in Jan :rotfl2:

It was a wonderful morning and a nice change of pace from the regular shenanigans at Disney!

that sounds like a lovely morning ... well other than the really insistent housekeeping! The Poly beach really is great - though can't help but notice the construction and how that last villa is reducing the view of the Castle.

That wedding planning room is awesome - and that cake with the almost sandcastle looking Castle was amazing!

I think a room with some pink tables but then either 1/2 or even more in the revers - like white with a pink pattern on them would look pretty cool. Maybe some black accents too

Housekeeping was definitely annoying, but the rest of it was just so lovely & relaxing, it really kicked off the "vacation" feel of things that we definitely needed for the next day! Lol Right?! I would love to stay in that villa, but I can't imagine the fireworks from the beach would be as awesome otherwise :sad1:

Yes!! I liked the pink but I never want too much pink...it's just well..too much lol!!

Wow, some eager Mouskeepers at the Deluxes. Yikes. "At this point, Jenna was awake enough to be a mad," :lmao: that cracked me up.

Oh Monorail, Monorail, how I love thee. To be able to jump on FROM THE HOTEL!!!! :cloud9:

Oh wow nice being able to go in the Wedding, um, store. Love CM's.

Such a lovely way to start a Disney vacation. I'm all for commando touring, but sometimes you just gotta actually relax. There is so much to see outside the parks it's almost frightening.

Ahahaha yeah, it wasn't too great of a way to start the day, but whatever, I guess i should've put the sign on the door? Lol.
It's amazing, I loved that we were there so we could take a little monorail tour, it was lovely! And being able to go into the ...store...lol was great, I was super impressed with the cm's there and that they were so friendly! Yay!

It was great! Relaxing is really what we both needed at that point, and this was a nice way to meld into Disney and for Jenna to get to see a lot of the resorts this trip!!

Early morning housekeeping should be forbidden unless people have the things up. I'm sorr that you had to deal with that.

Sounds like a relaxing day juts hanging on the beach and looking around the GF.

Ooh all the wedding stuff looks amazing. If I ever had the money I'd do a vow renewal ceremony there.

Right?! It wasn't enjoyable, but hey, it's life! Lol. It was a great morning so far, and a lovely way to slowly start off the trip!!

Ugh, dude. I hate it when that happens with Mousekeeping! Like, don't try to shove me out of the room early!

What a great way to start the trip. Relaxing in Disney is so nice, especially when we're used to just running and running.

The Wedding Pavilion is just beautiful! I've actually never gone over there to look at it in depth before. Just awesome.

It wasn't great lol! I've only had that happen at deluxe's as well, dvc's to be specific, and truth yes, they were the day of check out, but still, it was not enjoyable lol.

The relaxing definitely was though! It's so easy to get caught up running from one ride to the next in Disney that sometimes exploring even just your own resort gets missed and there are little things and small moments in those days that you miss out on that I'll never forget, it just makes it special!

UGH! I NEED TO SEE INSIDE IT!! lol hopefully during my program! lol

Awesome cakes!! I just told my DH I want to get married at Disney & he said "uh we're already married..." :bride: I love the pink table set up!

Ahahah, that'd be awesome! Part of me really wants to get married in Disney, and it's surprisingly not as expensive as you'd think, but hey, sometimes money is better spent on other things.

Ugh, that's so annoying that the Mousekeepers kept knocking on your door.

That sounds like a really nice day of just relaxing. I would have a really hard time doing that because I love being in the parks so much. :rotfl:

Awesome that you got to see some of the wedding planning stuff. Those cakes are just amazing, especially the one with the castle on top!

Not pleasant, but it could've been worse lol. Right?! If it had been steven & I we would've been racing off to MK, even with all the gorgeous resorts and stuff to explore, it's the benefit of going with someone who only has limited tickets lol!

It really was amazing to get to see all of that stuff, especially for someone who wants a Disney wedding, and someone who's in wedding planning lol!

Oh my gosh - that's my wedding dress!!:love:

Love it!!!

I am playing catch up yet again.

What a nice, relaxing morning doing the monorail tour. I am so sad that the Poly is all torn up and that fountain is no longer there. :sad:

Love you and Jenna relaxing on the beach.

The GF is gorgeous (although not a place for me to stay). Too bad you couldn't see the wedding pavilion, but how cool that you got to go to the planning room and see all of that. It looks awesome.

Hahaha, I post fast sometimes lol!

It was a lovely relaxing morning, the stop at the Poly really made me sad and happy at the same time though lol. Seeing all the construction literally everywhere just made it not as great, I wish they'd have done something differently but hey, they do what they do!

GF is so pretty! I would love to stay there one day, I half want it to just be my wedding resort lol. It kinda seems a bit too stuffy for me, and I'm a big frump a lot of the time on vacation so I feel like I'd feel out of place bahah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter