IT'S 6 IN THE MORNING! A 24hr, SWW,Birthday Adventure--Updated 1/25x3!!!-FINISHED

katt789

DIS Veteran
Why yes, it really, really was 6 in the morning!!! Naturally, we were already in the park by that time! But wait! I’m definitely getting ahead of myself, you don’t even know who “we” are yet!!

Me:

Hi! :wave: I’m Katt! You may have already been introduced to me through another trip report of daring sword fights, magic spells, and princes in disguise….or you may not have! I’m a 25 year old Disney obsessed (duh) Canadian, preparing to embark on the adventure of a lifetime moving down to Florida to work for the mouse! I have a strong love for any type of performing, and am hoping that this is step 1 to working my way into entertainment for the company!

Favorites:
Park: Magic Kingdom, followed by a close second of Animal Kingdom
Land in MK: Main Street!
MK Attraction: Splash Mountain
Epcot Attraction: Soarin
WS Country: France
DHS Attraction: Tied between ToT & TSM
Nighttime Show: Hallowishes, but when we’re not talking about special events, Wishes
Princess: Ariel or Rapunzel
Classic Character: Donald

I’ve been travelling to Disney World repeatedly (May 2014 marked my 21 st trip to the World) since my first trip back in May 2011, and could not love it any more than I do! It’s the place that from the INSTANT I step off the plane, I feel completely at home. Florida just does that for me, whether I’m inside the Disney bubble, off property, adventuring through Celebration, or walking right down the middle of Main Street, I know I’m where I belong. Naturally, with this many trips under the belt, I’ve made a ton of Disney friends, cast members, entertainment, instagram, twitter, Disboards and the like, many of these friends will pop up during this trip, so be prepared for many guest stars.

However the other star of this trip report is:

Jenna!

Favorites:
Park:Epcot
Land in MK: Adventureland
Attraction: Expedition Everest
Epcot Attraction: Soarin (although she originally thought we didn’t hit up any Epcot rides so her response was “drinking in Mexcio?”)
WS Country: Morocco
DHS Attraction: Tower of Terror
Nighttime Show: Celebrate the Magic
Princess: Rapunzel
Classic Character: Donald of Pluto​

Jenna & I both currently work together at a dinner theater up here in Canada, and she’s completing school for event/Wedding planning. She had been to Disneyland a few times as a child, but really only remembered one trip, and this was her first adventure off to DisneyWorld.

We spent a good chunk of time planning for this trip, originally we were going the first week of May to avoid crowds and have a good time. Then Disney decided to announce the “Rock Your DisneySide” 24 hour event, and obviously, we weren’t going to miss that. I ended up booking a hotel, and then realizing I’m a broke starving artist, and 2 full trips in a month wouldn’t be working out :rotfl: I talked to Jenna about moving the trip to the end of the month, and she was totally okay with that, so we changed our dates, and changed our hotel (POR was just too pricey over our new dates) and starting thinking about all the extra things we could do, eventually it was all settled:

When:
Wednesday May 21 st to Wednesday May 28 th
-This way we could also fit in an audition on the Thursday, because, why not?!

Where:

With our first night renting DVC points and staying over at:

Whoop Whoop!

Are ya’ll ready? Hold onto your hats, because the wildest ride in the wilderness is about to take off so make sure you stay seated, hold onto handrails and stay clear of stairways and doors, Awwwwaaaayyy we goooo! It’s a FESTIVAL OF FANTASY! Join us as we tour through more resorts than you thought possible, attempt a full 24 hours of Magic, fight Darth Maul with an earring and thus join the Dark Side, spend a serious amount of time in Morocco, meet SO MANY amazing Dis-ers, celebrate a birthday IN the Magic Kingdom, and have all our dreams come true.

Also be sure to check out our trip video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIbWRGE8jcU

Day 1: Wednesday May 21st

It Is Time
It Hasn't Even Been 2 Hours!!!
A Goal Checked Off

Day 2: Thursday May 22nd
A Smile In Your Heart
I Wanna See Someone Cry!
The First Official Meet
ONLY FIVE DOLLARS??!

Day 3: Friday May 23
It's So Beautiful...
There's A Line....
ALL THE HUGS
These are Fancy Potatoes!
Playing in the Snow
Beauty & Majesty
Dazzling Brilliantly
Floating Lanterns Gleam
Second Star to the Right
Beat the Heat
Waiting FOREVER
Hour Twenty

Day 4- Saturday May 24th
Feeling Flirty
Absolutely Wonderful
A Bit of Prehistoric Fun
It is TOO Damn Hot

Day 5- Sunday May 25th
A Productive First Hour
ALL OF THE CHARACTERS Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
I Wanna Fight You!
A Journey Around the World to Cool Off
Darkside ALMOST always wins
Fighting

Day 6- Monday May 26th
What Lovely Dresses
And It Begins
Longest Meal Ever!
It's Mini Us!

Day 7-Tuesday May 27th
Cupcakes Make Everything Better
Forever #swoon
Break Those Plates
Lots of Pins & Old Friends
On Wednesdays We Wear Pink
Night In the Kingdom
#whoops

Ah, now I see how you'll get to the next TR. You'll start is NOW!!! :woohoo:

Holy!! I know I shouldn't be surprised, but 21 trips in 3 years. Just wow.

Kinda excited for this one Katt. I know it was pretty epic. Birthday in Disney... woot woot!!!

Following along! I wish we'd moved our trip for the 24 hour event but with flights already booked and vacation time already given it just wasn't possible *le sigh*

Hey Katt,

I saw you at Pop waiting for your cab and then again while you were in line for the SDMT we waved. I hope you had a great trip, you guys looked so cute that early in the morning!

Awesome video

Thank you!!

Oh yes, it really was 6 in the morning! :thumbsup2

Ahahaha yup!! MAN we were up early that day! SO worth it!!

Ah, now I see how you'll get to the next TR. You'll start is NOW!!! :woohoo:

Holy!! I know I shouldn't be surprised, but 21 trips in 3 years. Just wow.

Kinda excited for this one Katt. I know it was pretty epic. Birthday in Disney... woot woot!!!

Hahha yeah, I figured I should keep things rolling so I'm set for Oct's lol!!

Ahahaha RIGHT?! It's actually insane, I don't want to think about how much money I've spent on Disney trips...:crazy2: #worthit

Lol, it is an exciting adventure, that's for sure!

Following along! I wish we'd moved our trip for the 24 hour event but with flights already booked and vacation time already given it just wasn't possible *le sigh*

Awee! Yeah, it was a no brainer that we were going for the event, and quite a few shenanigans when it came to moving things around, but ended up working out in the end!! Next year! lol

I'm here!

Yay!! Glad you're here!

Looking forward to reading your report! Looks like a fun trip!

:wave: Hi! Glad you're here, it was an awesome trip!!

Hey Katt,

I saw you at Pop waiting for your cab and then again while you were in line for the SDMT we waved. I hope you had a great trip, you guys looked so cute that early in the morning!

Ah!! So fun!!! We really did have an amazing time!! Thank you so much! It was rough to be up that long but so worth it haha!

Love it! Watched the video already and it made me even more sad that I don't have a trip booked.

Our trip TECHNICALLY begins on the Tuesday before we left! I ran a couple of last minute errands, and finished packing while Jenna had an interview! Funnily enough it’s an interview for my current job! Lol! With myself leaving to Florida in October they clearly need someone to replace me, and we’re hoping that Jenna gets it!

She picked me up and we headed up to her parents house where we spent the afternoon attempting not to fall asleep, eating some pizza and watching some Disney movies! Luckily it was soon enough time to sleep, which meant it was nearly 4:00 am and it was TIME TO GO TO DISNEY!! Her parents were fantastic enough to drop us off at the airport, where we encountered our first fiasco of “your flight’s booked through Expedia, and a United Airlines flight operated by Air Canada” meaning we had to wander across the check in areas since we were “at the wrong place” * sigh *

Not to worry though, after a quick stop at the airport Starbucks for breakfast we were boarded and well on our way! It was SUPER nice to see that the Air Canada plane had more space between seats, and the TV was FREE! Jenna watched the Lego Movie, and by the observation of how much she laughed, I decided I needed to watch it too. I went with Chicken Little for the flight!

As you can probably see, we had a layover in Houston, which, especially including a food stop, was a TIGHT connection, especially since we landed in Terminal A and had to get all the way to Terminal E!

Not to worry though, I’m kind of a pro at making it through airports in time, and after a quicker flight (2 hours instead of the first 4 hours…eck) we were LANDING IN ORLANDO AND ALL WAS RIGHT IN THE WORLD AND I COULD NOT BE HAPPPPIIIEEEEERRR.

Seriously.

Not sure why, but we hadn’t gotten any DME luggage tags in our mail, so I had to stop and pick up my suitcase (Jenna had thrown her liquids in mine & then carried hers on), which seriously took FOREVER, or maybe it just seemed like that because we wanted to get GOING!

Luckily for us, the bus was pretty full when we arrived, so we didn’t have to wait long before we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom Resorts! The bus driver asked us all if we were excited for our vacations, and then named off each hotel that we’d be stopping at, and Jenna was the only one who LOUDLY “Woooo’d” at “Bay Lake Tower” so the bus driver made her do it again, and then we realized we were legit the only ones disembarking over at Bay Lake!

The bus stopped over at the Polynesian (which was clue #1 to me about HOW HORRIBLE it looks with all the construction….eck, so not worth it), then at the Grand, a quick jet over to the Wilderness Lodge and finally we pulled on up to the Contemporary where we headed inside to be greeted with a “Welcome Home” and were checked in by a fabulous Cast Member who gave me a birthday button, Jenna a first visit button, and directed us over to BLT and mapped out how to get to the room that would be home for the night!

We had a Studio Suite so the couch pulled down into a bed but we didn’t even pull it out at all, figured it was one night, we could share the actual bed!

Of course there was a towel Mickey waiting for us!

I was honestly impressed with the kitchenette! I’m pretty sure it’s bigger than the kitchen in an old apartment of mine, bahahah!

And upon further inspection of the bathroom we discovered that the sliding door was DEFINITELY broken….eek! It wans’t a huge problem to us, and we totally forgot to report it to the front desk, but oh well! Our view wasn’t half bad, and Yeti was ready to really RELAX now that we were all home!

We were up on the second floor and ALMOST had a pool/lagoon view without paying for it! #winning! Bahaha! I noted that there wasn’t nearly as much space as the Studio Villas over at Old Key West, I had been hesitant about BLT but when they got back to me with such short notice I figured I’d take what I could get lol! I’m not sure if I would stay there again, the Contemp just doesn’t really do it for me, even with the added bonus of “walk to Magic Kingdom” ability! Although I do want to stay at a MK view room!

Jenna hopped in the shower while I checked everything out and spent some time on Instagram/whatevering and then it was time to head out! We had some important dinner plans! We also lucked the heck out on the way over to the main building with catching a BEAUTIFUL sunset!

Like…who COULDN’T love a view like that?!?! It certainly was an evening in paradise and it wasn’t even half started yet!!

joining in! :) :) i totally remember creeping your first trip from 2011, when you went with like 3 other people and i was totally jealous noooot gonna lie! super excited to hear about the adventures :)

Yay! I've been looking forward to this one! If you haven't gotten round to watching The Lego Movie yet then you definitely should! It is hilarious. What a room! Even without the MK view it is seriously awesome.

Not too bad having Air Canada via United. I may not like the AC prices, but I do like their planes. Free TV!

BLT!!! NICE!!! Haha, I wonder if they now think you guys broke the sliding door. :laughing:

I always fly Air Canada and that's where I saw The Lego Movie too. I laughed a lot too ;) Good movie.

Ooh BLT (I always giggle at the name. I mean, I get that it isn't a sandwich but you know) looks so awesome. Very beautiful. And agreed, far too much hassle to take out a pull out couch for one night only.

Yay you've arrived! And I know exactly where you're going for dinner.

I love that Jenna totally wooted when they announced Bay Lake Tower. Totally something I would do. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter