items to have the characters sign?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jennab05, Nov 1, 2012.

1. jennab05

jennab05 Mouseketeer

Hi, I'm somewhat new to the disboards so I don't know if anyone has already asked this or not but I heard that you can give items to customer service to have the characters sign? I was just wondering if anyone had any good/creative ideas of stuff they've had signed from the characters. Thanks!:goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Most people leave picture frames/mats, pillowcases, t-shirts, vinylmation figures, journal pages. It's up to your creativity to come up with whatever you'd like. It needs to be placed in a ziploc type bag when you turn it in at Guest Services, so that could limit the choices.

:cutie:

4. Princessofthehouse

Princessofthehouse Mouseketeer

Hi,

I have a photo matte. Can it be put in a grocery type bag. It won't fit in a ziploc???

5. racingfandj

racingfandj Mouseketeer

We found covers for throw pillows at the Disney store and took those. Now the girls each have an extra pillow for their beds.

6. PrincessShmoo

I'm thinking the closeable type bag is so the things don't fall out of the bag and get separated from the information slip that's included with the item being signed, that's necessary to complete the signatures and return it to the right room. But I don't know for sure.

7. 2CME911

2CME911 Mouseketeer

We did some pillowcases that came out great. Google search Disney Cruise Line pillowcase on Etzy and you'll get some options to choose from. We got our kids pillowcases and FE from Stitchesandbows, very happy with product and very good service.

8. jennab05

jennab05 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the ideas everyone!! When you give Guest Services your items approximately how many signatures do you get? I know it will vary but I'm just trying to get ideas.

9. PrincessShmoo

I believe on the info slip you fill out at Guest Services, you can select Princesses or the classic characters or both.

10. CrawfordMomof2

CrawfordMomof2 Mouseketeer

That is sooooo awesome! It's the little things like this that make us want to take a Disney cruise instead of Carnival :D

11. ArielRae

ArielRae DIS Veteran (NJ)

My family cruises for thanksgiving this month and plan to have them sign a blank Christmas ornament. :thumbsup2

12. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

Make certain you drop the item off near the beginning of your cruise. I just did a 7 night, and waited until day 5 and they told me it was too late to get it done. It's totally my fault---I had forgotten to drop it off earlier. Just an FYI.

13. _Crush_

_Crush_ Earning My Ears

Just a reminder that although you can request the signatures from princesses or both, you kinda get what you get. On our Magic cruise, we requested all, thinking we would get EVERYONE. Unfortunately we only got the Fab five but we were happy with anything. Beggars can't be choosers!

14. 3Adevas

3Adevas Mouseketeer

I used a bug padded yellow envelope for our pillowcase and 11x13 photo mat and tossed in the fabric markers and a bag if assorted herseys mini chocolates- the signed items and markers were returned to our cabin the last night- all in same envelope :)

15. Kilted Candyman

Kilted Candyman Mouseketeer

We did the mat. Big problem with that is they signed into the area that goes under the frames. Not much just 1/4" but disappointing. We are going to have a custom frame made to hold it.

One thing to do is to get a color pack of Sharpies. That way each character is in a different color. Way fun for the effect.

Jim

16. mousemamma

mousemamma Mouseketeer

We had aprons signed one year. They turned out cute with lots of signatures.

I have a picture but I can't figure out how to get it in here!

17. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

You could also get one of the frames that is just glass all the way to the edge and then clips to hold the matt and glass on. They sell them at Michael's and other stores, and are usually no more than a regular frame.

Nancy

18. StarsForAlice

StarsForAlice Earning My Ears

This is such a great idea! I'm stealing for our cruise in Dec :cool1:

19. Summerl30

Summerl30 Mouseketeer

If I have 3 girls, do I need to submit them all separately, or can they all go in the same ziplock bag?

20. MrsDuck

MrsDuck DIS Veteran

We like the 9" vinylmations. :)

21. ValentineJulie

ValentineJulie Mouseketeer

Good idea!! What kind of ornament did you get??