Italy: Viva Italia Meets Thread

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by sayhello, May 29, 2012.

1. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

AquamarineSteph & wdwtheplacetobe, have a *FABULOUS* trip!!! Please remember to come back and tell us all about it when you get back! :surfweb:

Sayhello

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AquamarineSteph

AquamarineSteph Mouseketeer

Thanks, Sayhello!

PS - I'm really new to the boards here, but I have to say that everyone seems incredibly nice and friendly. I wish I had discovered them earlier, but better late than never!

4. wdwtheplacetobe

wdwtheplacetobe A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....

:welcome:

Sayhello...of course we will report back! A couple more days and we're on our way!!!

Ya'll take care!

AquamarineSteph...the Best is yet to come!

5. AquamarineSteph

I am so excited, I feel like a little kid about to get some giant treat! :-)

I still am packing/unpacking as I try to figure out what clothes I don't really NEED. This packing job is much harder than I expected it to be, and we travel a fair bit here in the States.

I can always buy stuff over there, right?

6. wdwtheplacetobe

I started gathering 6 months ago (DH will tell you that I frequently do that), but only packed for real to see how much weight I had last week. We are excited about going, too! To see Italy AND to see it with DISNEY!

I am being conservative in packing and taking a tupperware container (with stuff that isn't coming back) so I will have a place to pack small things that we have acquired. DH also has one. (his idea)

We are getting a giant treat!

:wave2::wave2::wave2:

7. sayhello

Well, that's because you're a big kid about to get a giant treat! :dance3:

Sayhello

8. sayhello

Heh! I should have read your post first!

I always over pack. I've gotten better over the years, but I still do it. I'd rather over pack then miss stuff I need. It's a tough balancing act! The only thing that saves me is that I never take more than one checked bag!

Sayhello

9. wdwtheplacetobe

To quote Marco (our Italian Adventure Guide) the trip was FANTASTICO!!!

As soon as DH finishes organizing pics and we get them from Disney's website, I will post some.

I would encourage everyone to go on Viva Italia Signature....it was fabulous!

Our family was 12 + 2 guides....adults only...and a perfect was to see Italy.

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

10. sayhello

Welcome back! :) Glad your trip was so great! (No surprises! :thumbsup2 ) Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Sayhello

11. AquamarineSteph

It was fantastico until I tried to call the number given to me by our guide to locate my email post-trip survey. I've been on hold for over 15 minutes with the same quarter of a song playing over and over and no idea if anyone is ever going to take my call to ask my question.

I hate to sound negative. It would be a shame to end the experience on a negative impression. I'm just glad this is a toll-free number.

12. sayhello

I'd wait a few days. The new itineraries come out in 2 days, so it's possible they are short-staffed while people are being educated about the new & changed itineraries and other activities surrounding the 2014 release.

Sayhello

13. AquamarineSteph

You're probably right. Thanks!

14. wdwtheplacetobe

Hey Steph! Sam told me that it was ONE survey per family....did your honey get one???

We're going to do ours together in a few days...

15. Bobo912

Bobo912 DIS Veteran

Just curious - why did you have to call to get the survey? That is the one thing we did get on time after our latest trip.

16. AquamarineSteph

I did all the arrangements. They only have my email.

The Adventure Guide for our trip told me to call.

----

Update: I will spare you the actual back and forth of the conversation, but after first telling me that it was my own fault because I hadn't signed a release to have them communicate with me (and, yes, I had, months ago), the same Adventurista called me back to say that the survey had already been sent to me before I called them. He read out the email address of record to me, and the email address was wrong by one letter.

So now I should receive a survey when they send out the next bundle, maybe on Friday or Saturday. We'll see. It happens. If I don't receive an official survey this weekend, I'll just make up one and send it to them myself. ;-)

17. Alacrity

Alacrity DIS Veteran

Guess I hadn't posted here yet...here's some pictures from out Viva Italia Signature trip in May. These include my own shots as well as some of our ABD shots. And a couple videos! Definitely a wonderful trip!

http://dbeedle.com/Photos/ABD-Italy2013

18. wdwtheplacetobe

:debwalk:
    Sayhello....these are Our pics!

19. AquamarineSteph

You took some great pictures on the trip! I was so happy that you were willing to share them.

My camera's battery gave out mid-Florence, so I was using my iPhone after that. I was hoping the guides got some good pictures, which they did, and yours were just perfect on top of that!

20. wdwtheplacetobe

:littleangel:
    Steph! Are ya'll back in your routine yet? We miss Tuscany and our little family. We had such a wonderful time! We can't say enuf good stuff about ABD!

21. AquamarineSteph

We were talking about Tuscany tonight and showing off the pictures to a friend while we described the trip. I miss being on vacation with our little family, too. And I really miss Tuscany!