ITA software site

canwegosoon

DIS Veteran
Months ago I bookmarked this site after someone recommended it. I was wondering if anyone has used it , and what was the out come. We are flying at Easter in 2005 and trying to get a good rate. Any suggestions from the pros...Flying Alb to MCO.

I use the site all the time to look at flights/airlines. When I find a reasonable flight, I then go to the airline web site and book through them. I have found that this is the cheapest and safest way to book a flight.

Here is the site in case someone else needs it:
http://www.itasoftware.com/

Originally posted by Familyof14
I use the site all the time to look at flights/airlines. When I find a reasonable flight, I then go to the airline web site and book through them. I have found that this is the cheapest and safest way to book a flight.

Here is the site in case someone else needs it:
http://www.itasoftware.com/

ITA!

The Itasoftware system is actually used by Orbitz as well as some other online booking systems.

I prefer the itasoftware site over Orbitz because I'm used to it, it has some options Orbitz doesn't, and as Familyof14 does, I prefer to use the actual airlines site to book my flights. That way, I don't pay a booking fee, and can deal directly with the airline if I need to change or cancel my flights, or the airline itself changes the schedule. Since I book early, a change in schedule is a common occurence.

ITA!

The Itasoftware system is actually used by Orbitz as well as some other online booking systems.

I prefer the itasoftware site over Orbitz because I'm used to it, it has some options Orbitz doesn't, and as Familyof14 does, I prefer to use the actual airlines site to book my flights. That way, I don't pay a booking fee, and can deal directly with the airline if I need to change or cancel my flights, or the airline itself changes the schedule. Since I book early, a change in schedule is a common occurence.

I just looked up a flight on ITA and then went to the Airline's website. The airline's website was 3x what ITA had shown. Am I doing something wrong?

I just looked up a flight on ITA and then went to the Airline's website. The airline's website was 3x what ITA had shown. Am I doing something wrong?
No idea. Hasn't happened to me.

Are you searching for the specific flight combination you saw on ITA? The airlines' sites don't always automatically show the same combinations as ITA does.

Yes I did. I had the exact locations and times of the flights I looked up on ITA. ITA showed it for just under $200 round trip, Delta shows that same flight RT for $461.

Check again. The identical itinerary may be at a higher price, but there's likely an itinerary with theatrics you found.

Did you search for the same number of passengers between ITA and Delta?

I did a quick ita search from my home airport to MCO. An important part of the ITA results is under "How to buy this ticket":

How to buy this ticket
Tickets cannot be purchased directly from ITA Software.
Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.
Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown.
Fare for 1 adult
Fare 1: Carrier DL VA21A0NQ LEX to ORL (rules)
Passenger type ADT, one-way fare, booking code V
Covers LEX-ATL (Economy), ATL-MCO (Economy)
$171.16
Fare 2: Carrier DL VA21A0NQ ORL to LEX (rules)
Passenger type ADT, one-way fare, booking code V
Covers MCO-ATL (Economy), ATL-LEX (Economy)
$171.16
US Transportation Tax (US)
$25.68
US September 11th Security Fee (AY)
$11.20
US Passenger Facility Charge (XF)
$18.00
US Flight Segment Tax (ZP)
$16.00
Subtotal per passenger
$413.20
Number of passengers
x1
Subtotal For 1 adult
$413.20
  • This ticket is non-refundable.
  • Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.
Fare Construction (can be useful to travel agents)
LEX DL X/ATL DL ORL 171.16VA21A0NQ DL X/ATL DL LEX 171.16VA21A0NQ USD 342.32 END ZP LEX ATL MCO ATL XT 25.68US 16.00ZP 11.20AY 18.00XF LEX4.50 ATL4.50 MCO4.50 ATL4.50
Note the passenger type & booking code. You may need to call Delta with the "Fare Construction".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter