It Will Be An October Quickie!! We're in Single Digits!!!

Hi Christine!! :wave2:

Well after having to cancel last years......I was hesitant to say anything until the plane tickets had been purchased. NOW it's a done deal.....we'll be going....no matter what!!

I've heard the humidity can be awful....... :scared: I want sunshine, warm and maybe a nice little breeze to keep temps down.....a girl can dream!! :p

Dreams do come true!!!pixiedust:

Hot Dog! The money we were expecting from a forgotten IRA (small but enough to cover our trip) got her in just over a week from when we requested it! So I can pay back my son for covering our plane tickets and then pay off the room/dining on Monday!!! :cool1: Can't wait to say~~"we're paid in full"!! :banana:

Laurie!!! So glad you will finally be going to WDW. pixiedust: You will have so much fun!

I went to the Food and Wine Festival with my sister in 2009 and we had a blast. so much to choose from. We watched Illuminations from the bridge near France and had a good view. Last year when I was there with DH we bought the package for the Candlelight Processional and got priority viewing near the entrance to World Showcase. That spot was awesome. Not sure if they have anything like that now.

Have a great time!

Laurie!!! So glad you will finally be going to WDW. pixiedust: You will have so much fun!

I went to the Food and Wine Festival with my sister in 2009 and we had a blast. so much to choose from. We watched Illuminations from the bridge near France and had a good view. Last year when I was there with DH we bought the package for the Candlelight Processional and got priority viewing near the entrance to World Showcase. That spot was awesome. Not sure if they have anything like that now.

Have a great time!

Finding out that the F&W was going on was definitely a bonus for Mike. He's a bit of a foodie (and a really good cook!).......so I know he really wants to try new foods and this will give him that opportunity.

I thought I saw somewhere that you actually need a FP for Illuminations?? Is that right??

I'm about to call Disney & pay off our reservation!! :cool1:

I'm here! I am so excited for you. I can't wait for your trip. We are hoping to good in a few years when our niece is a little older because we will be taking her. So happy and excited for you.

I'm here! I am so excited for you. I can't wait for your trip. We are hoping to good in a few years when our niece is a little older because we will be taking her. So happy and excited for you.

Thank You!! I feel weird not taking the kids but we no way could have afforded that.......it will interesting to check it out & hopefully down the road, we'll be able to take them!

Update Time!!

I called and paid off our room/dining package!!!

I did our online check-in and requested the Home Run Section, ground floor at the AS-Sp resort.

I purchased our Photopass+.

Tomorrow I'll reimburse Derek's account for covering the plane tickets and room deposit last week.

Last thing to purchase is the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets but we're waiting for the October discounted party dates to be released to the Cast Members. Hopefully that's done soon, so we can get tickets for the 11th.

I was able to get a little earlier time for our Ohana dinner on the 10th. We're going at 9:15 instead of 9:55. I'm still watching it.....would like to get inside the 8pm hour if we can.

Finding out that the F&W was going on was definitely a bonus for Mike. He's a bit of a foodie (and a really good cook!).......so I know he really wants to try new foods and this will give him that opportunity.

I thought I saw somewhere that you actually need a FP for Illuminations?? Is that right??

I'm about to call Disney & pay off our reservation!! :cool1:

No FP needed for Illuminations. It's just like the fireworks, watch from wherever. Maybe they have them for priority viewing.

Hopefully someone else can answer that.

I made our reservations for DL next January, staying at the Paradise Pier. Airfare is just too expensive right now. Hopefully it will go down.

No FP needed for Illuminations. It's just like the fireworks, watch from wherever. Maybe they have them for priority viewing.

Hopefully someone else can answer that.

I made our reservations for DL next January, staying at the Paradise Pier. Airfare is just too expensive right now. Hopefully it will go down.

YAY for Paradise Pier!!! I love that hotel, but sheesh......their prices are ridiculous! We stayed there last December but that was because we had Derek's CM discount......otherwise we would have been somewhere cheap......lol

Airfare is crazy.......it ran us just over $800 for round trip tickets for the 2 of us.......blech......most expensive thing we had to pay for!

YAY for Paradise Pier!!! I love that hotel, but sheesh......their prices are ridiculous! We stayed there last December but that was because we had Derek's CM discount......otherwise we would have been somewhere cheap......lol

Airfare is crazy.......it ran us just over $800 for round trip tickets for the 2 of us.......blech......most expensive thing we had to pay for!

Your photos of Paradise Pier when you stayed there helped seal the deal. I agree on the price but my 2 dd's and myself are splitting the cost so it's not so bad. We figure it will probably be the only time we get to the west coast.....so why not do it up right. We are worth it!!!:cool1:

Airfare...ugh...don't even want to think about it now. It's over $500 each...hopefully it will go down.

Your photos of Paradise Pier when you stayed there helped seal the deal. I agree on the price but my 2 dd's and myself are splitting the cost so it's not so bad. We figure it will probably be the only time we get to the west coast.....so why not do it up right. We are worth it!!!:cool1:

Airfare...ugh...don't even want to think about it now. It's over $500 each...hopefully it will go down.

I feel I'm worth the expense at the PPH too......problem is, I don't have it!! :rotfl2: Can't live the champagne lifestyle when you're on a beer budget.......lol :lmao:

That's awesome you and your daughter's are going to do that.......we loved it there!!

Hopefully they'll offer an airfare sale so you can take advantage of that. I priced our quickie Dec. trip to Disneyland and the flights were around $300 per person, round trip. I'm thinking to myself......ummmmm, for $100 more I can fly across the country! Not sure what's going on with these prices right now! :crazy2:

I feel I'm worth the expense at the PPH too......problem is, I don't have it!! :rotfl2: Can't live the champagne lifestyle when you're on a beer budget.......lol :lmao:

That's awesome you and your daughter's are going to do that.......we loved it there!!

Hopefully they'll offer an airfare sale so you can take advantage of that. I priced our quickie Dec. trip to Disneyland and the flights were around $300 per person, round trip. I'm thinking to myself......ummmmm, for $100 more I can fly across the country! Not sure what's going on with these prices right now! :crazy2:

It's a stretch for us but we are only staying 2 nights there. Let me run our tentative itinerary by you and let me know what you think....if we are trying to cram in too much.

We are flying in on Friday night, leaving here around 7 p.m. arriving around 11 there, staying at a hotel by the airport. Saturday morning moving over to Paradise Pier, checking in if we can and going to the parks. Sunday and Monday will be days at the parks.

After closing on Monday driving to San Diego, checking into cheap Holiday Inn Express. Tuesday and Wednesday going to Sea World and San Diego Zoo. Thursday is reserved for either going to the zoo's zoofari or hanging at the beach. Friday morning driving back to Pasadena and staying with my cousin. If we decide we need more time in Disney we could go back on Friday. Planning on spending Saturday with my cousins family and flying on the redeye at 11 p.m.

Phew....sounds like a lot when you write it down.

It's a stretch for us but we are only staying 2 nights there. Let me run our tentative itinerary by you and let me know what you think....if we are trying to cram in too much.

We are flying in on Friday night, leaving here around 7 p.m. arriving around 11 there, staying at a hotel by the airport. Saturday morning moving over to Paradise Pier, checking in if we can and going to the parks. Sunday and Monday will be days at the parks.

After closing on Monday driving to San Diego, checking into cheap Holiday Inn Express. Tuesday and Wednesday going to Sea World and San Diego Zoo. Thursday is reserved for either going to the zoo's zoofari or hanging at the beach. Friday morning driving back to Pasadena and staying with my cousin. If we decide we need more time in Disney we could go back on Friday. Planning on spending Saturday with my cousins family and flying on the redeye at 11 p.m.

Phew....sounds like a lot when you write it down.

3 days in the park will work........everything is within walking distance, so you can bop back & forth between Disneyland & DCA (Disney's California Adventure). Going in January.....the crowds shouldn't be horrible (you did say January right?).

We've never made it down to San Diego yet but allowing 2 days to do Sea World & the Zoo is a good plan.....both are huge from what I hear. I think saving the 3rd day to just relax at the beach or even look around the area sounds like a good idea. Cramming each day with stuff tends to wear you down and people start getting cranky (especially with each other).....lol :rolleyes1

Hi Laurie -
So excited your WDW trip is on with your DH. A well deserving break, alone time and time to relax and refresh. It looks like an awesome adventure.

Kris

Hi Laurie -
So excited your WDW trip is on with your DH. A well deserving break, alone time and time to relax and refresh. It looks like an awesome adventure.

Kris

Hi Kris!!!!

How's school going?? Are you done at this point? Any Disney trips in the works?

Mike & I are very excited about this trip.....even though it will be short.......it still will give us a taste of WDW and time for us to let our guards down & relax!

Ah, I saw your post on Chele's Pre Trip and your October quickie link intrigued me :rotfl:

So glad you are getting to finally go to WDW even if only for a few days. You and Mike are going have so much fun!!!

No FP needed for illuminations

Great Dining choices. Hope you get a great waitress or waiter at 50s Prime time. That is our fav place and 2 trips ago,I managed to get myself in "trouble" there :lmao:

Ah, I saw your post on Chele's Pre Trip and your October quickie link intrigued me :rotfl:

So glad you are getting to finally go to WDW even if only for a few days. You and Mike are going have so much fun!!!

No FP needed for illuminations

Great Dining choices. Hope you get a great waitress or waiter at 50s Prime time. That is our fav place and 2 trips ago,I managed to get myself in "trouble" there :lmao:

Hey Kelly!!

Good to know on Illuminations......I'm not sure where I had read that.....I think it had to do with the testing of the fastpass+........but who knows, I may have totally misunderstood.

I've heard that on occasion, people have gotten a wait person that wasn't playful with them......the whole reason people go there is for the witty banter and being made to feel special. So I really hope we good a good one! I'm sure I can get in trouble too....... :rolleyes1

Just subscribed! So excited to see you're able to make a quick trip! As long as you're not expecting Disneyland, you will have a great time! I haven't read everyone elses comments yet, so I am sorry if someone has mentioned any of these already:

I recommend the Pot Roast at Liberty Tree Tavern, as it is delicious! And the Toffee Cake is so good! Also, skip Pirates, it's so much shorter than DL's and kinda disappointing. And when you're ready for a little rest, hop on the People Mover. Nice and relaxing, and there's a bit of a breeze that is refreshing with the heat.

Try your best to do Rock N Roller Coaster and Everest! Definitely worth it!

For Illuminations we sat in front of the Mexican Pavilion under a tree, and it was a pretty great view from there, and not too busy. We got there about an hour early.

Anyways, there's a few things we had picked out from our trip. I am sure you guys will have an amazing time! Excited for you!

I'm here!!:dance3:

No POTC???:scared1:

It all looks great to me. I am with Mike about eating your way around the world. So many god foods to check out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter