It was worth the wait! 8 days at the Contemporary, food & fun! Updated 11/4, Day 7

Have I mentioned I LOVE World Showcase? I could just spend hours and hours taking pictures and looking at the buildings.

Disney135.jpg

As we were walking toward France, we saw her – Mary Poppins! This was one of my favorite movies when I was little. She had just came out for the day so there was no line and we were there right where she was setting up. As I walked up to her she was so polite and “practically perfect in every way.” She asked where we had traveled from and when I told her North Carolina she asked if we flew. I told her we had not, we drove. She said, “Well, that’s good to hear. I’m sure your arms would be very tired if you had flown.” And she said it so matter-of-factly, without laughing! It was great! :lmao:

Disney137.jpg

As we left and walked toward France, I noticed this as we crossed over the bridge. I just love the detail Disney takes with everything!

Disney143.jpg

My favorite princess, Belle!

Disney148.jpg

Disney150.jpg

We were almost right on time for “Impressions de France” and I don’t remember ever having done this. The film is a little dated. I think it’s time they re-did this one.

Finally, we were in Japan, Brian’s absolute favorite country in WS. He wants us to go to the real Japan so bad. We almost have enough miles on one of our credit cards so maybe for our 5 year anniversary, fingers crossed!

Disney152.jpg

I knew exactly what I was doing here. Pick-a-Pearl! I went ahead and paid for the pearl and took my number. I watched the process with the people in front of me so I knew what to do once it was my turn. While I was waiting, I looked and looked trying to decide which oyster I was going to choose. Finally, she called my number and I told her which one I wanted. Going in I was 100% positive I was getting mine made into a ring. I already have earrings, a necklace, and a bracelet (none are real, I certainly wish they were!). Plus, I didn’t want to pay for more than one. I think to actually pick the pearl was about $17 after tax. Okay, back to the process. My cute little Japanese girl began to open the oyster and pulled out my pearl!

Disney156.jpg

After she washed it off, she said something about me being very lucky. She asked if I knew why I was lucky. Of course I didn’t know how I was different from the people before me. Well, she started feeling around in the oyster again and pulled out a second pearl! They were both 6.5mm!

Disney158.jpg

I went over to the settings and had a decision to make. Should I just have one made into a ring and keep the other for something different later? Should I go ahead and get earrings since I got two? They actually had two ring settings specifically for 2 pearls so I decided to get them both set into one ring. I LOVED the outcome. I wear it quite often now. You’re not supposed to wear it for 24 hours after they set it so this is a picture the next night.

Disney199.jpg

Brian really wanted to find something to buy but couldn’t find anything he wanted yet. He was kind of irritated about it (and in turn, was irritating me :laughing:). Around this time, my feet had gone from killing me to…whatever would be worse. I was in agony! We decided to get a snack and sit down. It was very warm, especially for May, and we were tired. We were debating once again whether to go back to the room or tough it out. I got a soft-serve ice cream and Brian got a some sort of strawberry shake. I really wish we had been more discerning with our selections since we were using our credits. But at the time, all I could think about was my feet and what was the closest thing to me. We sat in front of the American Adventure and enjoyed our treats (forgot to take a pic, sorry!) They were okay, nothing special. After much discussion, we finally decided to head back. I wasn’t looking forward to the walk AT ALL but decided it was better than our alternatives. It was only around 2:30 so we’d still have plenty of time to rest and get back for dinner.

When we got back to the room, Brian crashed on the bed and I turned on the tv. Reruns of LOST were on some channel so I started watching. The episode was sometime in season 2, which I hadn’t seen in a while. The bed felt so good! But I’m not a napper so I just relaxed on the comfortable mattress in the cool room.

Around 5:30 I got up to freshen myself for our 7:00 ADR at Teppen Edo! We both really enjoy hibachi style Japanese restaurants and this was Brian’s favorite TS back in 2008. When we got up to the podium we told them our name. They said something about running behind and that there would be about a 30 minute wait. That was fine, we understood. Well, we only sat for maybe 10 minutes and our buzzer went off – YEA! :cool1: We were seated with a family of 7 from Pennsylvania, two grandparents, two parents, and 3 kids. It was a little crowded but we were fine. This family seemed like that type that maybe comes every 5+ years. They definitely weren’t yearly visitors. They also didn’t really talk to us, which was also fine with me. Only the grandfather actually spoke to us. He asked where we were from and then told us it was 37 degrees with snow on the ground when they had left home! :eek: Then that was it – he was done talking! :snooty: :laughing:

Disney161.jpg

Once again we both ordered the same thing (what is up with that!?!?) We got the steak and shrimp combo. Everyone gets 3 sauces, noodles, and vegetables too. Everything is great! I was a little timid about taking pictures of our food with the Pennsylvania no-talkers there though (nothing against PA, I'm sure most people from there are lovely). I waited until I thought they were distracted and quickly took a quick shot! :woohoo: They didn't seem to notice :rolleyes1

Disney162.jpg

There are two things I would change about this restaurant. One is their dessert selection. It is seriously lacking, IMO. We both ordered the chocolate ginger cake, and really that’s only b/c with the dining plan it’s included. This cake is okay, nothing very special to me. It's cold and chocolately. Wouldn't be worth the extra money if I had to pay separately and barely worth the calories to me.

Disney163.jpg

The second thing I would say, at least for this night, the inside of the restaurant seemed especially warm. I know we were sitting right in front of a searing hot griddle, but you’d think they would compensate for that by cranking up the A/C. But we really do love this place overall. I know we can do this type thing at home but the truth is, we don’t. So it’s kind of something special to Disney for us. :lovestruc

As we left, it was getting very close to time for Illuminations to start but most of the good spots were taken to watch. So we took the long way around the lagoon and listened to the music and watched some of the show when we could make it out. I LOVE this show and the music! I wish I had a copy of the track. I have dropped some hints to DH recently so maybe I’ll get it for Christmas or something :santa: I had read about school bread from the Norway bakery for months leading up to the trip so I knew I had to try this stuff. I’m practically obsessed with coconut so I knew if for that reason alone I would enjoy this treat. We made it just as they were closing so I ordered one to go and thought it would make a good breakfast in the morning. I’ll go ahead and give you the picture though now. YUM!

Disney164.jpg

We took the monorail back to our resort and I was exhausted! Brian, however, was full of energy for it being almost 10:30. He decided to head down to the arcade and use the 100 points we got for booking a package. I took a shower, read some of a book, and fell asleep before he even made it back (I still don’t really know when he came in). The best day of our trip happens tomorrow so I knew I wanted to be rested!

Up Next:
The best morning/afternoon of the trip
The best meal of the trip…by far!!!

Your report is so good so far. I can not wait to hear how the school bread was. it looks sooooooo Delish (as rachel ray would say). I can not wait to hear more. :thumbsup2

That pearl ring is gorgeous, I'll have to do what next time, I didn't even know about that!

Lol, my boyfriend is totally the one staying up to play video games and I fall asleep with a book on my face :cloud9:

loving the trip report, I see you went around the same time in May that I am thinging about going. Was it crowded?

Brooke:goodvibes

I'm loving your review! May looks like a great time to go to the World especially with the flowers and topiaries. Just lovely!

I loved the photo of you with your princess crown and your hubby as a warrior with the sword and shield.

As for the dessert selections at Teppan Edo I must agree. I skipped dessert since nothing appealed to me.

Since I recently stayed at BLT I was very curious about your Contemporary stay.

Keep it coming!

I forgot to put this in earlier but... When we went in '08 the tower at contemporary wasnt there, I think they had the foundation laid out though. We came back in june of this year and it was built. Seeing it from the monorail i ask my sister if it was a DVC resort and she said it was. Just a little info, i wasnt sure if you were a DVC member or not.

BEST MORNING/AFTERNOON AND MEAL!!! CAN'T WAIT, DO TELL!:yay:
I HOPE YOU WORE MORE COMFORTABLE SHOES! LAST DISNEY TRIP I WORE NEW SHOES, BIG MISTAKE!:scared1:
DID YOU SAY YOU ARE PLANNING ANOTHER TRIP IN DECEMBER?? LUCKY GIRL, TWO TRIPS IN ONE YEAR! WOULD YOU STAY AT THE CONTEMPORY AGAIN, IF YOU COULD?
THANKS

Ahhh! I have readers now! :love: I LOVE it! :hug:

Your report is so good so far. I can not wait to hear how the school bread was. it looks sooooooo Delish (as rachel ray would say). I can not wait to hear more. :thumbsup2

Oooohhh, I'm a Rachael Ray fan too! 30 Minute Meals is one of favorite shows on Food Network. You'll just have to wait to see what I thought about School Bread :rolleyes1 It's coming soon!

That pearl ring is gorgeous, I'll have to do what next time, I didn't even know about that!

Lol, my boyfriend is totally the one staying up to play video games and I fall asleep with a book on my face :cloud9:

Thank you! I saw it on a trip report myself back around April and knew it was something I definitely wanted to do. Btw, I didn't say it in my entry but the setting I got was around $70. I didn't really look at the prices for other pieces either. So it was a tad expensive but this was pretty much my only real souvineer so I thought it was worth it.

loving the trip report, I see you went around the same time in May that I am thinging about going. Was it crowded?

Brooke:goodvibes

Well, I've only been really in the summer and early March. Compared to summer, it was definitely not very crowded. But it was slightly more crowded than March. I think our TouringPlan.com crowd levels were between 4's and 6's. Would I go again at this time of year based on the crowds? Totally! The only real complaint I have at all is that it was hotter than I had expected. Not nearly as hot as July and August of course, but just not as cool as I would have liked. But I get hot pretty easily so anything above high 70's is hot to me :laughing:

I'm loving your review! May looks like a great time to go to the World especially with the flowers and topiaries. Just lovely!

I loved the photo of you with your princess crown and your hubby as a warrior with the sword and shield.

As for the dessert selections at Teppan Edo I must agree. I skipped dessert since nothing appealed to me.

Since I recently stayed at BLT I was very curious about your Contemporary stay.

Keep it coming!

I loved those pics of us too! Looking back we should have had someone take one picture of us together. Oh well...there's always next time :)

I would LOVE to stay at BLT one day. I was actually seriously considering renting DVC points to do it but chickened out when it came time to book. Plus, we had a PIN for 40 or 45% off so the price really wasn't bad at all. How did you like BLT?

I'm a lurker as well.:wave: Love the ring!

:welcome: and thanks!!

I forgot to put this in earlier but... When we went in '08 the tower at contemporary wasnt there, I think they had the foundation laid out though. We came back in june of this year and it was built. Seeing it from the monorail i ask my sister if it was a DVC resort and she said it was. Just a little info, i wasnt sure if you were a DVC member or not.

I'm not DVC, but wish I was! We went on the tour in 2008 to get a $15 Disney giftcard. :thumbsup2 We're still pretty newly married and definitely not there financially yet. But BLT is beautiful on the outside. I loved the location of the CR so maybe one day :lovestruc

BEST MORNING/AFTERNOON AND MEAL!!! CAN'T WAIT, DO TELL!:yay:
I HOPE YOU WORE MORE COMFORTABLE SHOES! LAST DISNEY TRIP I WORE NEW SHOES, BIG MISTAKE!:scared1:
DID YOU SAY YOU ARE PLANNING ANOTHER TRIP IN DECEMBER?? LUCKY GIRL, TWO TRIPS IN ONE YEAR! WOULD YOU STAY AT THE CONTEMPORY AGAIN, IF YOU COULD?
THANKS

I know! You'll have to wait and see what we did and why everything was so great. Believe me, the shoes-lesson has been thoroughly learned. I will never make that mistake again. It just takes once. :eek:

We are going back in December! :santa: It's kind of funny how it came about. Check out my PTR if you're curious. We're going with good friends of ours so the PTR is kind of a "joint effort". The initial plans didn't involve them at all but now it does and we're both sooooo excited.

Seeing as the Contemporary has been my only deluxe so far, I would stay there again. But I would like to check out a couple others first. CR was really my husband's choice since I pretty much dictated everything else :laughing: My dream resort is The Grand Floridian but I'd also like to try out the Beach or Yacht Club and maybe the Poly. We'd better be making some serious cash though to be able to do all of those! On the other hand, if it came down to either more trips vs. staying at a deluxe, I would choose more trips.

Thanks for reading along!

First off your welcome for following, I'm absolutely loving your report! It seems so similiar to what I think DH and I would do.

All of your Flower and Garden festival pics are amazing! I would really like to see this sometime! I really hope you guys make it to Soarin later in your trip, I think of all the rides it is the one that I am most excited to try. Your cheesecake at SS is tiny. Next to the ketchup its looks like it would be bite size. I think quanity is important when it comes to desert :lmao:

I love your crowns! I really think you should have bought them. They would look great for a night out haha. I may do the pick a pearl. How much did the ring end up costing when it wa all done? Not trying to be nosy just wodering if it is something I could afford to do.

That cake looks gross. I guess maybe because I'm not a huge chocalte fan. But that School Bread looks DELICOUS....yum. May have to try that.

I'm all excited to see what your favorite meal is..I hope I have ADRs there. :goodvibes

We are going back in December! :santa: It's kind of funny how it came about. Check out my PTR if you're curious. We're going with good friends of ours so the PTR is kind of a "joint effort". The initial plans didn't involve them at all but now it does and we're both sooooo excited.

Seeing as the Contemporary has been my only deluxe so far, I would stay there again. But I would like to check out a couple others first. CR was really my husband's choice since I pretty much dictated everything else :laughing: My dream resort is The Grand Floridian but I'd also like to try out the Beach or Yacht Club and maybe the Poly. We'd better be making some serious cash though to be able to do all of those! On the other hand, if it came down to either more trips vs. staying at a deluxe, I would choose more trips.

Thanks for reading along!

GOOD friend?!?!? Hmmm... not sure what I think about that! :rotfl:

Subbing. Great trip report. We were there that same week and I agree it was VERY hot. I can't imagine jeans. Thank God we had brought the spray fans for the kids.

First off your welcome for following, I'm absolutely loving your report! It seems so similiar to what I think DH and I would do.

All of your Flower and Garden festival pics are amazing! I would really like to see this sometime! I really hope you guys make it to Soarin later in your trip, I think of all the rides it is the one that I am most excited to try. Your cheesecake at SS is tiny. Next to the ketchup its looks like it would be bite size. I think quanity is important when it comes to desert :lmao:

I love your crowns! I really think you should have bought them. They would look great for a night out haha. I may do the pick a pearl. How much did the ring end up costing when it wa all done? Not trying to be nosy just wodering if it is something I could afford to do.

That cake looks gross. I guess maybe because I'm not a huge chocalte fan. But that School Bread looks DELICOUS....yum. May have to try that.

I'm all excited to see what your favorite meal is..I hope I have ADRs there. :goodvibes

I really enjoyed being there for the F&G Festival. I wouldn't make a trip especially for it, but it is beautiful to see if you have the chance. And the cheesecake was actually a decent size...the appearance may have more to do with my picture-taking skills than anything! :) Remember the picure I posted on your report of the cinnamon roll...obviously I find quantity important too!!! :lmao: Yes, I did eat the whole thing, btw. Wasn't hungry for a while after, but proud to say I finished it. That single-handedly probably put back the weight I had lost before our trip!

The ring was around $90 in total (and it's not nosey at all to ask! I should have said it already!) It's about $17 to pick the pearl. Then you pick the setting, which you can go cheaper with or pretty expensive (into the hundreds). I can't say I really looked at many settings because there were only two choices for the 2-pearl rings. The other was slightly cheaper than what I got, but not by much.

FUN! Hey!! Fellow GSO girl!!! :thumbsup2

Ahhh, someone else from Greensboro! You're the first I've came across. Thanks for joining in! :cutie:

GOOD friend?!?!? Hmmm... not sure what I think about that! :rotfl:

Okay everyone! Listen up: This poster, Christen, is my BEST friend! :hug: How could I ever say otherwise?? I was just typing quickly...forgive me, please!! :laughing:

Subbing. Great trip report. We were there that same week and I agree it was VERY hot. I can't imagine jeans. Thank God we had brought the spray fans for the kids.

Thank you - it WAS hot! I was shocked because I had read on so many threads how awesome the weather is in May. I don't know if it was hotter than normal or if my idea of "awesome weather" is different than most others'. And :welcome: glad you're enjoying it!

MUCH better! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I really am enjoying your TR! Even though we have talked about it, I like the story along with the pictures!

Enjoying your trip report! We leave for our first stay at the CR in a little over a week, so interested in more of your pictures, and impressions from the resort!!

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but since you want to hear from the people reading....

I love your trip report, keep it coming!!!

Your pictures are great too, it makes waiting for out next trip easier to see other people's pictures.

Ditto all of this! I'm de-lurking though more and more.

I had a similar experience to your husbands with the weird lady who sat next to him but sort of the other way around. I take public trans and it's well known that if the trains or buses are busy that your bags and stuff have to go on your lap or the floor so people can sit down. So this lady had her bag on the seat and I asked to sit there and she was so loud and rude, she sighed and said "I GUESS!!!" then continued to sigh and act annoyed the whole time. It wasn't even a heavy bag or anything she had to place on her lap, it was just her purse!

I'm having total resort envy, the Contemporary looks amazing! I so wanted to get a deluxe resort.

MUCH better! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I really am enjoying your TR! Even though we have talked about it, I like the story along with the pictures!

You're so high-maintenance! But I love you anyway! :laughing:

Enjoying your trip report! We leave for our first stay at the CR in a little over a week, so interested in more of your pictures, and impressions from the resort!!

I see you're staying MK view, Club level though...which I bet will be slightly different than our regular ol' garden wing, red-headed step child view room :lmao: No seriously, congrats on the location and club level. I know you've probably worked hard to pay for it and I'm sure you'll enjoy it! I hope you're doing a TR because I don't see many from the CR, especially from anyone staying club level.

I don't know if you'll have kids with you or not. Either way (but especially if you had kids), you'll LOVE the close proximity to the monorail and the walk over to the MK. That aspect alone made things so great! But I also love the decor of the resort. I think the rooms are just gorgeous!

Ditto all of this! I'm de-lurking though more and more.

I had a similar experience to your husbands with the weird lady who sat next to him but sort of the other way around. I take public trans and it's well known that if the trains or buses are busy that your bags and stuff have to go on your lap or the floor so people can sit down. So this lady had her bag on the seat and I asked to sit there and she was so loud and rude, she sighed and said "I GUESS!!!" then continued to sigh and act annoyed the whole time. It wasn't even a heavy bag or anything she had to place on her lap, it was just her purse!

I'm having total resort envy, the Contemporary looks amazing! I so wanted to get a deluxe resort.

Why can't people just be nice?!?!?! I understand not being a push-over and how sometimes you need to stand up for yourself. But sometimes I just think people can be so rude and selfish! It's something I'll probably never understand. Luckily, that was the only time the whole trip anything like this happened to us.

I'll probably envy us too when we're staying at POP in December! :laughing: It was a great experience but not something we'll be able to repeat any time soon. I think everyone who stays at the deluxe resorts, especially the monorail resorts, are so lucky. They're all so beautiful and the locations just can't be beat.

Thanks for "de-lurking"!!!

Monday, May 10th

So I last left you all with a pretty big tease about this day of our trip. I hope I do not disappoint with my description because this really was the best day of our trip and ends with the best meal of the trip!

I know I posted a picture of this in my last section, but I’ll post it again. The night before, I had picked up School Bread from the bakery in Norway intending to eat it for breakfast the next morning. Being in a deluxe resort, we had a small fridge so I figured, why not?

Disney164.jpg

Stitch woke us up at 6:30 (have I mentioned I HATE Stitch?), an early start because we had something special planned for this day. After getting ready I made myself a cup of coffee and brought out my wonderful pastry hoping to love it. Guess what!!! I LOVED IT!!! I’m a coconut freak so I haven’t found anything made with coconut yet that I haven’t loved…especially toasted coconut. (I make a mean German Chocolate Cake!) I know not everyone understands the fanaticism that some have with this…little piece of heaven. But I get it. I totally get it. :cloud9: I probably shouldn’t have, but I ate the entire thing as my breakfast. I was pretty content after half but I couldn’t stop myself from continuing. Sigh, ahhh…okay, enough daydreaming and wishing I had one right now. Having knocked one “must-try” Disney snack off of my list, I was ready for the day. And on a pretty great sugar high too, I might add!

Also having corrected my shoe issue from Sunday, Brian and I took the convenient walkway over to the Magic Kingdom (never did get tired of that!). We saw the line for early entry and quickly stepped in. It was about 7:45 when we walked up and had to wait maybe 15 minutes to be let in. We weren’t very far back at all!

Disney166.jpg

It was so cute seeing little girls in their princess dresses waiting to go to Cinderella’s Royal Table and/or the BBB! My daughter will so be in this same line one day. They finally let us thru (without even really checking where we were headed, by the way :rolleyes1), and we were met by a pretty empty park!

Disney167.jpg

Disney168.jpg

Where were we going??? We had booked the 8:30am Keys to the Kingdom Tour!!! This was another thing I read about in someone’s trip report. It sounded so great from her report and from the reviews I read on wdwinfo and allears. So I asked Brian what he thought about a month before we left. To my surprise, he was completely for it so I called right away and booked. I was afraid the cost might turn him off but he was fine with it. (The total price was around $170 for us both. It had just gone up before we booked, lucky us!) We went right away to City Hall/Guest Relations to check-in. They had name tags for us and had us choose our lunch selections (included in the price) from a menu for Columbia Harbor House. They also had water bottles, coffee, and some sort of food available (I didn’t get any food, still full from “heaven”, but I think there was fruit and something else…but then again I may be imagining the food part. I do know there were water bottles and coffee, for sure.) While we waited for the tour to start, we walked around the front of the park and even in a very empty Emporium. Pretty much everyone else with early entry went to Crystal Palace or CRT so it was cool to have that area to ourselves! :cool1:

Disney171.jpg

Disney172.jpg

Here is a picture of our nametags!

Disney173.jpg

So right at 8:30 our tour guide came out and gave us all headsets. He had a microphone that he wore so he could talk normally during the tour but we’d all still be able to hear him no matter how close or far away we were. I think there were about 10 people on our tour, including one person in an ECV. We all introduced ourselves and told which Disney character was our favorite. Our tour guide’s name was Steve and he was from Denver (and his favorite was the Cheschire Cat). He started us out at the statue of Roy Disney and Minnie Mouse. For some reason this is the only picture I got of Steve.

Disney174.jpg

He was a complete fountain of knowledge! I was utterly amazed at how he didn’t have any notes but just kept spouting all of this information! But he seemed so into what he was doing too! He didn’t just drone on and on simply spilling facts like he’d done this hundreds of times (which he probably has). I won’t go into much detail about what he said because I know there are people out there that would want to experience it for themselves. All I can say is that if you’ve ever thought for 2 seconds that you might like the tour, and you’re actually reading my report (meaning you actually come to the Disboards), you should totally do it!

Steve walked us down Main Street and told us a lot about how they design the parks. It’s so amazing how every decision is analyzed and very little is done arbitrarily. Everything has a reason behind it – so fascinating! He took us through Adventureland first. He even took us on a special ride on the Jungle Cruise and told us some behind the scenes stuff about the ride. Having done both day and night now, I have to say – I think I prefer the night version.

Disney180.jpg

Disney182.jpg

Disney187.jpg

Next, we went thru Frontierland and then back behind the scenes. We weren’t allowed to take any pictures when we went past the guest sightline…which was a total bummer but I do understand why. We were able to see the backside of Splash and some of the parade floats. We also saw some “friends of Jesse and Woody” taking a break back there. Let me tell you, those people are committed! It was pretty hot standing in shorts and a t-shirt. I cannot imagine being in a huge suit! Or doing what they do in July/August?!?!? Steve described a lot about what the “friends” go thru. All I can say is that I’m not that good of friends with anyone. Give those people a raise! Here is where Steve was able to say a lot more about how things work since we weren’t really in earshot of any little ones.

After this, we stopped at CHH for lunch. I could have sworn I took pictures of my food but they’re no where to be found so I guess I didn’t. I know some people really like this place. It was not my cup of tea though. I had the fish and chicken fingers combo with fries (mainly so I could try both). Very similar to Captain D’s from what I remember of that place. Dessert was not included. Our break lasted maybe 40ish minutes. We ate in a completely empty upstairs area of the restaurant though. That spot is golden! We’ll have to remember it exists in the future.

Haunted Mansion was next!

Disney188.jpg

Steve told us the real story behind the ride, which was just awesome! I’m sure many people know it without having gone on the tour but Brian nor I ever had so we loved it. The ride makes a heck of a lot more sense after hearing it. Look it up if you’re curious; I couldn’t do it justice if I tried. After the story, we were able to go in through a side door to get in the next group for the ride. Here are a few pics from that side hallway. If I hadn’t told you they were in a separate area, I bet you wouldn’t have known!!

Disney190.jpg

Disney191.jpg

Steve then took us through some of Liberty Square, but we didn’t spend much time here. The last part of the tour was to go down thru the utilidoors! No pictures here either, of course. That part was pretty cool. I read a few reviews of the tour where people complained that this area was a let down. I’m not sure what their expectations were though. It wasn’t like we crossed over into a magical land like Willy Wonka’s factory or something. The area is functional, period. It was cool to see though, I thought. By this time it was around 1:30 or so. We all made our way back toward the front of the park, turned in our headsets and it was over :sad1: The ONLY thing I would warn people of is that there is a lot of walking and you’re on your feet the majority of the time. The person using her ECV was fine though. To get down in the underground area there was a service elevator they used. I believe I heard her say she only rented the ECV for the tour so she was a little funny trying to maneuver but she did great!

Both Brian and I wanted a little snack to tide us over until dinner at this point in our day. I knew exactly what I wanted! Pineapple is something I have just recently discovered. (I was a VERY picky eater up until my later teen years. I’m still a little funny about a few things but over the last 4 years or so I have discovered I love so many things I thought I hated growing up.) So, naturally I knew I needed to try a Dole Whip. I knew about them on our honeymoon trip but that was back before I grew to love this wonderful fruit. I still didn’t know whether I wanted a straight Dole Whip, a pineapple/vanilla swirl Dole Whip, or a Dole Whip float. Fate would end up making my decision for me.

When we got over to Aloha Isle, Brian decided he wanted ice cream instead. So he headed back over to the Plaza Ice Cream parlor for a cup of mint chocolate chip. I was still a little torn on what to get. I didn’t want to waste a snack credit on the wrong decision and I had heard people say they hated one but loved the other. Well, I got in line still unsure. Once I was only 2 people away, the CM asks if anyone wanted a Dole Whip Float they had accidentally made…for free! They said it would melt soon so someone better take it. I don’t know if people around me were getting something else or if they were just too skiddish to move so I thrust my hand up and he handed it to me and said, “Enjoy!” Of course, I figured, why not?? I started to eat…

Disney195.jpg

WOW! Another success with a cult-Disney snack! I absolutely loved it. Brian had our camera so I couldn’t take the picture until he came back, so there is quite a bit missing from the top. I don’t know about anyone else, but the floats really don’t look very appealing to me. But now that I have sampled their refreshing goodness, I won’t be afraid! I cannot wait to get this again in December. I just hope it isn’t too cold outside to enjoy.

We were thoroughly refreshed after our treats. Brian had eaten at least half of his by the time he got to me so no picture. But it looked just like mint chocolate ice cream…no frills. The park was actually a little more crowded this day than any other so far.

Disney196.jpg

Since we had yet to do Peter Pan’s Flight, we headed over there just to make sure the wait was too long or there were no more FP’s. And we were right on both accounts. The FP return time was somewhere around 8 or 9 pm and that didn’t work with the rest of our night. We still had a little time to kill though so we went in the Christmas Shop in Liberty Square as well as a few others along the way out. Again, we took the walkway back to the Contemporary to rest in the room for a little while before our dinner ADR’s. Like before, Brian napped while I just rested and watched TV for about an hour or so. Around 5:15 I took a shower and got dressed. Where were we going???

(continued in next post)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter