It was the Best of Disney, It was the Worst of Disney

Mama_Dis

MemoryMaker
Just another "for fun" thread:thumbsup2

Who/what do you think is Disney's Best and who/what is Disney's Worst?

Hero/Main Character?

Villain?

Sidekick?

Artistic Concept?

Soundtrack?

Feel free to add your own categories as well:hippie:

Hero/Main Character?

Best- (obscure)Robin Hood (I just love the personality they give him). Tarzan- he's the easiest for me to get behind- and I feel like you are behind him from the beginning, other main characters, not so much.

Worst- The Hunchback and Alydar from Dinosaur (which of course DS9 *loves*:headache:)

Villain- This will be the hardest for me because I *LOVE* Disney Villains.

Best- Maleficent for sure because she is awesome, beautiful (in that green skinned sort of way) and clever and gets to say a cussword:laughing:. Runner ups- Cruella, Scar, Prince John, Hades

Worst- Commander Rourke (Atlantis), Frollo (Hunchback), Otto (auto, whatever from Wall-E) Rattigan (Mouse Detective- even with the great Vincent Price)

Sidekick-

Best- Merriweather (the blue fairy from Sleeping Beauty), Dory, Mater, Archimedes

Worst- I know I'm going to be scorned. . . Tinkerbell. She's such a snot. I like her in the WDW "Fairy dust and dreams" sort of role, but really dislike her in the movie. The kid from UP (though he walks that fine line between main/side character)

Artistic Concept?

Best- Sleeping Beauty- I love all the details in the background/scenery. It seems so "full" of art. Plus, Marc Davis is incredible (duh lol). I like The Aristocats for the same reason. Sometimes the backgrounds are drawn kind of far off and static like great watercolor paintings. I also love the Rhapsody in Blue section of Fantasia 2000- I love that sort of sketchy feel.

Worst- Atlantis. I hate the triangle styling- triangle fingernails/tips drive me CRAZY!!

Soundtrack?

Best- Sleeping Beauty, Lion King and Lilo and Stitch. I am really liking the Princess and the Frog soundtrack too!

Worst- Mulan- Donny Osmond just doesn't do a thing for me.

Mission "Wasting Time" accomplished!!

Hero/Main Character?

Best - WALL-E. I cared so much about that little robot by the end of the movie that I was practically sobbing after EVE tried to fix him and it seemed like his personality was gone for good.

Worst - Quasimodo. Seriously, who thought it would be a good idea to make an animated, musical version of The Hunchback?

Villain?

Best - Ursula. She's scary! And she's got a great song! And Hades. Love James Woods' performance!

Worst - Governor Ratcliffe. That's just the history nerd in me talking, though.

Sidekick?

Best - Hands down, the Genie.

Worst - Thumper. My reason? I just really dislike Bambi.

Artistic Concept?

Best - I'm going to say Hercules. When I first saw it, I thought it was a bit odd. Once I thought about it, though, I realized how reminiscent the animation style is of ancient Greek art.

Worst - I agree with Atlantis.

Soundtrack?

Best - The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin. They are my holy triumvirate.

Worst - Robin Hood. Just not very memorable IMO.

Hero/Main Character?
Best- Basil of Baker Street. Actually it's elementary my dear Dawson.
Worst- Oliver, cute cat, not a very interesting character.

Villain?
Best- Maleficent/Ratigan. Loved her enough to get a tattoo on my back, and Vincent Price is always the villainous hero.
Worst- Difficult to come up with, so i'll just put down Jafar.

Sidekick?
Best-Archimedes, the highly educated owl, indeed.
Worst-Le Fou. Part of my favourite movie, but most annoying character,deliberately or not.

Artistic Concept?
Best- 101 Dalmations. I love the raw, wild look of it. I have so many of the Jean-Pierre Weill collection because of it.
Worst- Fantasia. It's not exactly the worst, but I had to place a low point here.

Soundtrack?
Best- Being a huge Oingo Boingo fan i'm going to have to go with Nightmare Before Christmas, purely because of Danny Elfman.
Worst- Hercules, could have been better.

Best Hero: I loved Robin Hood too, he was a great character. I'm not sure if she was really a hero as such, But I love Ezmerelda from the Hunchback, she's so colourful and beautiful.

Worst Hero: Snow White. I know now that loads of people find her annoying, with her high voice and everything, and I have nothing against her, but I think that she was very naive and helpless, which I found annoying.

Best Villain: I Like Madame Mim from the Sword In The Stone, she was completely nuts, and she didn't play by the rules at all. I also love Maleficent!

Worst Villain: I'm not sure I could pick one to be honest. I love them all.

Best Sidekick: Dory by FAR! She's hilarious, and despite the whole memory problem thing, she did help a lot to find Nemo.

Worst Sidekick: Maybe Thumper?

Best Artistic Concept: Sleeping Beauty was a truly Beautiful film, with the sets, and the colours etc.

Worst AC: Fantasia, I mean, the idea was nice, but I just didn't find it to be appealing, to be honest.

Best Soundtrack: The Lion King, obviously the soundtrack is amazing and truly memorable. Also, The Little Mermaid, I love it.

Worst Soundtrack: Mulan. I love the 'Reflection' song, but i didn't really like any of the others.

Best Hero: Woody - he never gives up, no matter what!

Worst Hero: Gonna have to follow the crowd, and say Quasimodo

Best Villain: Gaston - c'mon the guy was a total tool

Worst Villain: The Horned King (I can't think of a reason, and that's why I'm naming him --- a forgettable villain, from a forgettable film)

Best Sidekick: Grumpy! (in the scene where all the animals come to get the dwarves: Sleepy says "Maybe the queen has Snow White" and ol' Grumpy is the first one to say "Come On, Let's Save Her!" (paraphrasing)

Worst Sidekick: I'm gonna go with Tink -

Best Artistic Concept: The Incredibles

Worst AC: Oliver and Company - the testing of computer animation didn't work at all: New York and non of the taxis had so much as a scratch?

Best Soundtrack: Brother Bear, Mary Poppins and Nightmare Before Christmas

Worst Soundtrack: Cars -- I understand using John Ratzenberger in every Pixar movie, but enough with the Randy Newman already

Best Hero: Quasimodo. Hands down. Yes, his movie is not accurate to the book at all and yes his film is a little dark for children, but he is one of the best characters Disney as created. He is sweet, kind, loving, and innocent. Can you blame him for being disfigured? It's not his fault. And even though he is told all his life that he is ugly and will never be loved, Quasimodo still wants to go out into the world and see everything. He knows they might reject him and he still has enough courage and character to say that he wants to be among them. "If I was in their skin, I'd treasure every instant." he sings. Can't you feel the want and the love for people who don't even know he exists? You can't beat Quasimodo when it comes to being a hero. I don't even have to say what happens to his love interest. In the end, he's okay with letting her go. It may be because he only wanted to be accepted, but he still lets her go to the blonde filler guy. He didn't hesitate either. He truly loved Esmeralda. I can't imagine anyone better than Quasimodo who deserves everything in the world from what he's been through. (And I know the rest of you were bashing 'Hunchback' (except one person) but I didn't do that rant for any of you or to oppose you. I did it to prove a point. Don't you dare look at Quasimodo the same way again.)

My favorite female hero is Belle. She is the leader of Disney feminism. Not to mention the smartest out of all of the Disney females. This chick actually gets off her butt and does something. She saved the Beast's life, TWICE!!! That's right, twice. She is the real hero of the movie. Her movie also was the first animated film to win a Golden Globe for best movie of the year. How can you beat that? Also, her film was the beginning of Disney's Broadway shows. It lasted over 19 years I believe and that is a feat in itself. Do not underestimate this beauty!

Worst Hero is Aurora. I want to call her so many names because she does absolutely NOTHING!!!! Who cares if her design is beautiful or if she's a good singer? Looks are not everything! She's not even in her own film for 17 minutes and she has two castles in the Disney Parks. I am shamed that she is even a princess. Really brings the standards down.

Best Villain: It's a tie between Frollo and Maleficient. Frollo is one of the most determined villains in Disney history. He even lied for 20 years to get what he wanted. That's a lifetime! Points to him for lying that long too. Maleficient is the wickedest witch. She knows how to ruin a party and keep you paranoid. Bonus points for her!!!

Worst Villian: If we are counting the Sequels, pretty much all of the villians from the sequels. Even the return of Jafar was boring. They are all just filler anyway.

Best sidekick: I don't really have a favorite sidekick. Period.

Worst sidekick: Can we just say, I don't like sidekicks. They are all filler I say.

Best Artistic Concept: Hunchback of Notre Dame. The cathedral is just beautiful!!!!

Worst AC: All of the movies are beautiful in their own way, and I can't really say which one was terrible. If i did have to say, it might be Robin Hood or the Sword in the Stone. They were both practically the same.

Best Soundtrack: Is it any surprise if I say 'Hunchback'? Come on! They have an organ and a choir that sings Latin. That's grounds for a musical stage production! I have an entire community to back me up on all of my claims.

Worst: Black Cauldron, Sword in the Stone, Sleeping Beauty (because there's only one real song to sing to), Princess and the Frog (because it's not hitting me on the right note).

Another Hunchback girl over here, whee! Everybody has their opinions, though.

Best Hero/Main Character: Prince Naveen. He's the first hero with real depth, I feel like, even if it does look like he's just another bland Prince Charming at first. He's deeply flawed because of his perfect life, and the fact that they went into that aspect of royalty just made me fall in love. And he's adorable and he has an accent so there's that.

Worst Hero/Main Character: I'm going to get flamed to death because of this, but my honest opinion is Peter Pan. He's irresponsible, he's arrogant, and he's cruel. Dismembering someone's a childish prank? Leading three girls on is forgivable? We're supposed to think this is okay? Really?

Best Villain? JUDGE CLAUDE FROLLO :lovestruc He's SO cruel, so creepy, and yet such a thrill to watch because he actually thinks he's doing the right thing. He's the reason Hunchback is my favorite Disney movie. Also, I have a bit of an insane crush on his voice and I could listen to him talk forever. Moving on.

Worst Villain? Edgar (The Aristocats). Dude, they're cats. They'll be gone in ten years. And what are they going to do with money anyway? This is the dumbest plan ever. Look at your life. Look at your choices.

Best Sidekick? Ray <333 The trailers turned me off of him a bit, I'll admit, with the focus on potty humor, but then I actually saw the movie and realized that that was really just two lines. The rest? A sweet, loving, genuinely helpful little bug who'll go all the way for his friends. And his love for Evangeline may just be the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. I cried buckets when he died, I couldn't believe Disney would just kill him off. </3

Worst Sidekick? *puts on flame suit* Tinkerbell. Like Peter, she's a terrible role model and a nastier piece of work than even the villain of the movie. She's jealous, she's manipulative, and yet she's the mascot of all Disney and gets merchandised more than anyone else except Mickey Mouse. She actually might just be my least favorite Disney character ever. *hides*

Best Artistic Concept? HUNCHBACKHUNCHBACKHUNCHBACKHUNCHBACKHUNCHBACK. The Hellfire sequence and any shot of the cathedral take my breath away every time, and the Sanctuary thing makes me cry.

Worst Artistic Concept: Robin Hood, but I understand that they were going through a rough time during that period in Disney history and had to do some recycling. So it's all good.

Best Soundtrack? Again, let me have a moment to FREAK OUT for my favorite Disney movie. HUNCHBAAAAACK <3 First of all, Hellfire was an incredibly risky move, and it paid off SO well by really showing the depth and passion behind our villain. Then we have Out There and God Help The Outcasts, both of which are really inspiring and good words to live by. Topsy Turvy and Court of Miracles are TONS of fun with a darker tone, and Heaven's Light is such a tear jerker. Bells of Notre Dame gives the thrill of adventure with some of the best orchestration I've ever seen, and I haven't even touched on the instrumental tracks yet. This is getting long, but let's just say And He Shall Smite The Wicked, Sanctuary, and Paris is Burning make my little fangirly heart burst out of my chest :lovestruc

Worst Soundtrack: Alice in Wonderland. None of the songs really feel like songs to me at all. Too much talk-singing

So without looking at other people's reactions (and then looking at them and editing in things as appropriate):

Who/what do you think is Disney's Best and who/what is Disney's Worst?

Hero/Main Character?

Best: Belle. I may be extremely biased, being a dark-haired chick who reads a lot.

Worst: Wart. There, I said it. Honestly, I have no idea why there's so much nostalgia for "Sword and the Stone" and Wart -a character who is boring and straight-up badly drawn and whose voice noticeably changes every few scenes- is the main reason.

Villain?

Best: Malificent. Hands freakin' down. There's a good reason why she always gets to be the leader when they do a big crossover.

Worst: The worst thing a Disney villain can do is be utterly forgettable. Even Disney movies that are otherwise not so good can have great villains. But then, there's Radcliff and Allameda Slim (EDIT: And Edger! I love Wicked Witch's reasoning). Who? My point exactly.

Sidekick?

Best: Man, this is where it gets hard because I usually (see immediately below) find the sidekicks to be the best characters. Four-way tie between Jiminy Cricket, Merriweather, Sebastian, and Genie.

Worst: An annoying sidekick can kill a Disney movie dead. For me you could pick a sidekick from either "Treasure Planet" or "Dinosaur". The nerd in me gives the edge to the lemurs in "Dinosaur" because WHY ARE THERE EVEN LEMURS IN THE CRETACEOUS PERIOD AAAAAAAHHHH!!! (EDIT: Oh, God, Turk. The most interesting thing about her when you watch the otherwise very nice "Tarzan" today is how she basically exists as a time capsule for a very specific moment in the late 1990's: the one where having Rosie O'Donnell chattering incessantly through a Disney movie was actually thought of as a good plan.)

Artistic Concept?

Best: If I have to pick one, how about that scene with Marahute early in "Rescuers Down Under" which is essentially Glen Keane, Chris Sanders, the inventors of the CAPs system, and the proto-PIXAR saying, "Look at what we can do NOW!!!"

Worst: Um... Who decided, in the first few CGI movies from Disney studio, that every single hair/feather/scale of skin had to be rendered in excruciating detail on every character (see "Chicken Little" for an example)? Because thank you for knowing better than to do that by the time you got to "Tangled".

Soundtrack?

Best: Not going to go to crazy here. "The Lion King" is basically Hans Zimmer's crowning moment of awesome. (EDIT: I also feel like I have to be the person who stands up for "Hunchback". What the heck, people?)

Worst: I understand the nostalgia for "Robin Hood" even less than the nostalgia for "Sword in the Stone" (they have a lot of the same problems) and one of the main reasons has to do with the bizarre out-of-place folky soundtrack.

Hero/Main Character?

Best: Well the Little Mermaid is my fave film so mine *should* be Ariel however I think it would have to be Mulan. You go girl!

Worst: Quasimodo.. I *hate* this film (sorry :blush:) I just never got into it, I used to hate Mulan too but when I watched it a few years back I fell in love with it, same thing never happened for Hunchback.

Villain?

Best: Maleficent, she scared me when I was little & Hades, I love Hades.

Worst: Edgar (PP said it best and me laugh).

Sidekick?

Best: I can't pick one best... I have much love for Pascal, Pegasus, Sebastian and even though he's not really a sidekick - Zazu.

Worst: Abu, he's annoying. Gurgi... eurgh.

Artistic Concept?

Best: I dunno... Beauty and the Beast was brilliant, Lion King was great.

Worst: Atlantis. I sorta liked the film.... sorta.

Soundtrack?

Best: Well... The Lion King was amazing, I loved all the music from that film. oh same goes for the Little Mermaid. (I used 'Part of your World' as the song I walked down the aisle too!). Hercules was good, I liked it alot and still love the movie. Oh and Nightmare Before Christmas. Much love for that film. :lovestruc

Worst: Atlantis, no real songs. Hunchback... bleh. I'm sure I'm missing something...

Oh and an honorable mention to the Black Cauldren: for being a weird film, with an annoying sidekick who died and unfortunaly came back. There only good thing I liked about the film was Princess Eilonwy.

Hero/Main Character?
Best: Belle. She likes books. That is all. Or Dumbo... he never let anything or anyone get him down.
Worst: Quasimodo. Gah, I hate that movie.

Villain?
Best: Mother Gothel. People like her are the reason for schizophrenia. I also love Izma.
Worst: Governor Ratcliffe from Pocahontas, or Susan Sarandon in Enchanted (all I can think of his her tongue).

Sidekick?
Best: Pascal. He turns colors to match his friend's mood, and makes Mother Goethel fall out the window.
Worst: Turk from Tarzan. I won't watch that movie because of her.

Artistic Concept?
Best: Sleeping Beauty
Worst: Oliver & Company

Soundtrack?
Best: Tangled, Beauty & the Beast, Little Mermaid...basically anything with Alan Menken involved.
Worst: Hunchback

Best Hero: Mulan definitely

Worst Hero: Gotta go with Aurora. Her claim to fame is sleeping..

Best Villain: Tie between Ursula and Cruella

Worst Villain: Syndrome

Best Sidekick: Buzz, if he counts as a sidekick! If not, Jaq and Gus!

Worst Sidekick: All I could think of is Pinocchio's friend who takes him to Pleasure Island.. Had to Wikipedia this one: Lampwick

Best Artistic Concept: Wanna say WALL-E

Worst Artistic Concept: :confused3

Best Soundtrack: The Little Mermaid, Lion King, Princess and the Frog

Worst Soundtrack: I guess one of the least memorable movies..:confused3

BEST

Hero/Main Character? Male: Woody. Female: Princess Giselle

Villain? Comedic- Yzma. Evil- Scar. Flat out creepy- Frollo

Sidekick? Kronk. Love him!!

Artistic Concept? Hand-drawn- Hunchback. CGI- UP.

Soundtrack? Love Enchanted and Tangled.

WORST

Hero/Main Character? Male: Quasimodo. Female: Aurora

Villain? Edgar

Sidekick? Tink

Artistic concept? Robin Hood

Soundtrack? Brother Bear or Pete's Dragon

Best Hero: Quasimodo. He is more layered than many of the others, and I just love him!
Best Heroine: Belle. I may be biased, as a brunette bookworm, but to me she represents the qualities every princess should strive for.

Worst Hero: Wart. He may be the rightful king of England, but he just doesn't show any special talents as far as I can tell.
Worst Heroine: Jasmine. Sorry, I just kind of think she's a spoiled brat...

Best Villain: Scar. I love Jeremy Irons as the voice, I love his sarcasm, and I love his song!
Worst Villain: Edgar. I pretty much agree with everyone else's criticisms of him.

Best Sidekick: Meeko, because he actually serves a purpose in the plot and his storyline mirrors that of the natives and the settlers, which I think is a cute device.
Worst Sidekick: I am also not a big fan of Tink.

Best Artistic Concept: UP. I can't say enough good things about this movie!
Worst Artistic Concept: The Rescuers. I'm not a fan of characters who are exaggerated caricatures, but maybe that is just because I am not a kid anymore.

Best Soundtrack: The Little Mermaid, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Beauty and the Beast, or Mary Poppins
Worst Soundtrack: Maybe Atlantis or Pete's Dragon

The best hero: Simba, we get to watch him grow and become king.

The worst hero: The three cows from Home on the Range, they are obnoxious.

The best Villain: Maleificent, she's proably the coolest villain.

The worst Villain:Govenor Ratcliffe, he dresses too goofy for me to take him seriously.

The best Sidekick: The Genie because he's funny.

The worst Sidekick: Turk from Tarzan, she's just plain annoying.

Best Artistic Concept: Lilo and Stitch, the mix of beautiful watercolor backgrounds and one-of-a-kind character design is proably one of my favorite Disney film art styles.

Worst Artistic Concept: The Wild, the hyper realistic-ness of it all is eye searing.

Best Soundtrack: Beauty and the Beast, its one of those soundtracks I could listen to over and over and never get sick of it.

Worst Soundtrack: Brother Bear, I never found the music in that movie to be as good as the music in other Disney films.

Hero:
Best: Belle is my favourite. She didn't fall for love at first sight, turned down the sleazy "town-hunk," and loved to read. She had independence and a natural grace.
Worst: Not necessarily the worst hero, but I really disliked Fox and the Hound. What an immensely depressing story!! I've only watched it a few times in my life and have since avoided it, even thinking about the film makes me sad. Ugh.
I also never liked Peter Pan, I thought he was too irresponsible, and a little creepy.

Villain:
Best: Ursula comes to mind..
Worst: Gaston, from Beauty and the Beast. He needs to get over himself.

Sidekick:
Best: LOVE Pluto!
Worst: Tinkerbell. She's moody and manipulative, not pleasant company in my opinion.

Artistic Concept:
Best: I can't really think of one that stands out, but I have an appreciation
for anything that's been hand drawn. CGI can be lovely too, like Finding Nemo.
Worst: Not sure about this one either. . .

Soundtrack:
Best: I really liked Snow White, Lion King, and Fantasia. There were also some old sing-alongs I had as a child, I don't remember the name of it but it started off with an owl teaching in a classroom.
Worst: Hmm..maybe Dumbo? I can't recall any songs from that movie sticking with me.

Hero
Best: Belle, by a landslide. She's independent, loves to read, and isn't easily swayed. What more could you want in a role model?
Worst: Ariel. She's selfish and very immature. What sane person would give away their voice, the one thing they were talented with, for a chance with a guy? Not to be snarky, but there are other fish in the sea. There's also a good reason why she dies in the original fairytale...

Villain
Best: Scar. His whole plan for convincing Simba that Mufasa's death was his fault for being down in the canyon is genius. Plus then he manages to ruin the Pride Lands by his own selfishness and he manages to turn his lackeys (the hyenas) against him. It reminds me a lot of what happened in Nazi Germany, further illustrated by the super-creepy "Be Prepared" scene with the hyenas goose-stepping.
Worst: Gaston. To me, he's no worse than a high school boy with an inflated ego.

Sidekick
Best: Timon and Pumbaa. They basically save Simba's life, and then when he needs their help, they're there for him unconditionally, which is pretty amazing considering they know they're off to fight animals that are their predators.
Worst: Nakoma. She's such a spoilsport, sometimes she almost drifts into villain territory, IMO. She also doesn't seem to know how to enjoy life and have fun. How Pocahontas puts up with her boringness, I have no idea.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only anti-Tinkerbell person! I'd explain why I don't like her, but it would involve a lot of choice words...

Artistic Concept
Best: Pocahontas. When I watch it, I want to visit Virginia, just to see if their leaves have a magical sparkle in them (but they never do!)
Worst: Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas, Tarzan, any other movie where hand drawing and CGI aren't blended together well. Forte the organ is by the WORST CGI I've ever seen in a Disney movie, and I hate the scene in Tarzan where he's sliding on the trees. I'm sure that was impressive in 2000 (actually I remember liking it at the time) but now it just looks weird. Forte, on the other hand, never looked good.

Soundtrack
Best: I honestly can't pick just one. It's a tie between Beauty and the Beast and Pocahontas. Pocahontas was the very first CD I owned, so I listened to it obsessively growing up, but Beauty and the Beast was the first cassette tape I owned, so before I got a CD player, that was my jam. Now they're both so nostalgic to me, I can't pick a favorite!
Worst: 101 Dalmatians, which is just sad considering Roger's a musician.

Hero/Main Character?
Best: Belle, Cinderella and Remy
Worst: Snow White and Peter Pan

Villain?
Best: Maleficent and the Evil Queen
Worst: Queen of Hearts and Gaston

Sidekick?
Best: Dory, Mater and the Fairy Godmothers from Sleeping Beauty
Worst: Tinkerbell

Artistic Concept?
Best: Beauty and The Beast, Toy Story
Worst: Pocahontas ?? (not even sure on this one)

Soundtrack?
Best: Beauty and The Beast or The Lion King
Worst: ???

I separated Disney and Pixar films with a semi-colon. I feel like they're sort of connected, but I nevertheless feel weird lumping them into the same category.

CHARACTERS

Best Hero: Beast, Aladdin, Simba; PX: (too many!) Woody, Sulley, Remy, Wall-E, Carl
Best Heroine: Mulan, Lilo (underrated), Rapunzel, Belle; PX: Helen Parr

Worst Hero: Chicken Little, Hercules, Taran; PX:
Worst Heroine: Maggie from HOTR, Snow White

Best Villain: Maleficent mostly because of her design, but otherwise Scar; PX: Sid, Randall, Syndrome
Worst Villain: Ratcliffe, Sykes; PX: AUTO, Chick Hicks, the combover car from Cars 2

Best Sidekick/Friend: Thumper, Meeko (the way he eats biscuits, awww!), Stitch (although he certainly may be considered a "hero" as well), Figaro; PX: Bonnie, Mike Wazowski, Russell, Dory, Dug, the Potato Heads
Worst Sidekick/Friend: Gurgi, gargoyles, and anything from Oliver and Company or Chicken Little; PX: Mater, Bo Peep, Holley Shiftwell

MUSIC

Best Song: "Part of Your World," "In a World of My Own," "Swing Sweet Nightingale," "Baby Mine," "Whole New World," "Circle of Life," "Reflection," "Belle" and the Pooh tunes are real cute; PX: "Le Festin," "When Somebody Loved Me," "You've Got a Friend in Me"
Worst Song: "Yodel-Aadel-Eedel-Idle-Oo," "Morning Report," "What Is a Baby," "Love" and most of the Oliver and Company songs; PX: pretty much anything from the Cars films

Best Soundtrack: Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Bambi, Cinderella; PX: Up, Ratatouille
Worst Soundtrack: Chicken Little, Bolt, Sword in the Stone; PX: Cars 2

Best Vocalist: Mandy Moore (surprisingly—outside of the film I don't pay much attention to her music), Lea Salonga, Ilene Woods

ART

Best Visuals/Art Direction: Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, The Princess and the Frog; PX: Ratatouille, Finding Nemo
Worst Visuals/Art Direction: Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Oliver and Company, Bolt, Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, Alice in Wonderland (I have huge respect for Mary Blair but this was too chaotic and unfocused for me); PX: Ehhhh, none... Even though I'm not necessarily blown away by Cars 2, but that may have more to do with the lack of nature in the story itself

MISCELLANEOUS

Best Film: The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Bambi; PX: Ratatouille, The Incredibles, Up, Monsters Inc, TS1-3
Worst Film: Chicken Little, Oliver and Company, Home on the Range, The Black Cauldron; PX: the Cars films

Best Concept: Lion King, Treasure Planet (others criticize the contrasting steampunk-esque, futuristic space elements, but I totally "get" it)
Worst Concept: Chicken Little, Home on the Range, Dinosaur; PX: the Cars films

Best Villain Death: Clayton, Captain Hook

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!