It just keeps getting better

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by BernardandMissBianca, Nov 30, 2008.

1. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

New update. MIL is such a 2 year old!!! She refused oxygen or breathing treatments from the rehab place so they shipped her back to the hospital. Serve them right actually for being such jerks to me and fairly shoving her out the door. Sorry in advance to all the DIS'ers in the medical field, I just have a long running history with this particular hospital. They are not kind to their elderly.
    Anyway, so tomorrow I get to play meanie! YAY ME! :rolleyes: She got my Dr tonight because hers is off on Mondays (we have the same practice). He's such a sweet guy so he can play good cop, I get to play bad cop and when DH gets home he gets to play the Role of the General. LOL

lather.rinse.repeat.

We do this every.single.time she is in the hospital. She thinks she can control the situation by either refusing treatment or refusing to eat. Fine, but I will have my way by tomorrow.

Oh and I figured out how y'all can help. Anyone good at washing dishes??? :rotfl2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rlovew

rlovew Moderator Moderator

I am so sorry you are having these problems Buffy. Would love to do dishes but I think it would be less expensive to buy new ones instead of shipping them here.

Rebecca

4. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

LOL true, but it was worth a try. You just need an excuse to fly back to CT. You can go to your old stomping grounds, I'll get clean dishes. It's a win, win right?? :rotfl2:

5. StitchIsOurHero

StitchIsOurHero <font color=red>I was smart enough to marry a DH w

I'm all about washing dishes! Wonder what the post office would charge us for that??

I just caught up on this thread. Buffy, I'm so sorry you're going through all of this!! I'll be thinking about you and praying for you! I'm good at the texting thing, too, so if you need to text or talk. . .just let me know!!

6. Lisa

Lisa <font color=royalblue>OMG, I think I am going to p

Aw, Buffy, what a time you are having. :hug: The time has definitely come where DMIL can no longer live on her own. Her refusing treatment, to eat, making bad decisions shows that. It's a hard thing you and Ray have to do, but it's for her own safety.

There are a few good nursing homes in Vernon. My grandmother and great aunt were in two different ones. Email me today (you know where to reach me) and I'll get you the names.

7. ddavis860

ddavis860 <font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair

Buffy, I can soooo relate to what you are going through! I was the one that had to be strong for DH when DUnc96 started to fail. Plus, because I have the medical background, I was also the one that questioned and challenged the hospital. We found that the hospital wasn't all that forthcoming with the information when DUnc96 was in. And we learned the hard way about medicare, perscriptions, nursing homes, elder care, visiting nurses... It's no wonder the elderly are sad and confused by all the red tape they have to go through...Dh was throwing things in the kitchen out of frustration.

One thing we did and we wished we did sooner was contact hospice, but hindsight is so clear, kwim? Not sure where your MIL is healthwise, but they were wonderful. If I knew all the things they could have done for DUnc96, I would have pushed for them to come in much earlier. They are all about quality of life, and comfort. We only had them for a few days, but in those days I was very impressed. I would never hesitate to call them again!

Sorry I can't help with the dishes, but believe me, I fully know the frustration and the need to vent in your situation! :hug:

8. AlexWyattMommy

AlexWyattMommy <font color=deeppink>Okay, here I am, out of high

I don't do dishes well. But I can send you a pack of paper plates. :thumbsup2

:hug: Sorry to hear about refusing treatment. That is a sign and not a good one. :sad1:

9. TinkerBean

TinkerBean Earning My Ears and Losing My Mind<br><font color=

;) yep she can talk...But she's a good listener, as am I if you need to vent...

10. party of 3

party of 3 <font color=royalblue>i can't believe that i will

i do dishes all the time it seems. i don't have a dishwasher. i have the old fashion kind. a left and a right!!

11. WDWMom

WDWMom DIS Veteran

Good luck with everything Buffy. Like everyone else has said, if you need to talk/vent give me a call. I am home most of the time. And I don't mind doing dishes or cleaning if you want to fly me to CT. I could use a vacation from my family. :lmao:

12. BernardandMissBianca

Come on over Sue! But when you fly home I'm coming with you because I need a break from my family too!!

MIL is behaving herself for the most part. They tried to get her to walk yesterday, yeah that went well. :rolleyes: She could barely walk before the fall.
    She's eating ok, the dietician is trying to work with all her dietary needs and I supplement the other things she needs. They do expect her to stay at least through the end of the year which buys I time to find a new facility for her.

I bought her a little fake christmas tree yesterday. I'm going to bring the boys up this weekend to decorate.

And DH is feeling a little better, the DR called with the test results yesterday but DH couldn't get through to find out what they were. Hopefully he will call again today.