It is Official....Blizzard Beach now closed till 4-9-03... UPDATE

jlcbshaw

DIS Veteran
I am so mad! I spoke to Shante through 407-W-DISNEY and she confirmed that BB IS indeed closed until April 8, 2003.

I expressed my disappointment and she gave me this email address to send a complaint:

wdw.guest.communications@disney.com

I have sent them a nice long letter, tried to be a nice as possible, but let them know I was mad. Maybe everyone should send them a letter. I guess they think that NO ONE is coming to WDW in March. I know that we are, 3/14-3/22, and plenty of others from what I seen on the boards.

This action by Disney reminds me of a large cooperation that will lay off as many “regular” workers as they possibly can before anyone in upper management will even think about a pay cut. However, it is those regular workers that hold the ladder still while they stand on top of it.

I feel as if the consumer is being punished for the low attendance. I say let Disney take some of the hit themselves instead of passing it down the ladder to us, because one day they may have to hold the ladder for themselves if this keeps up.

Time to shut up.....
:(

We are coming the 15th - 23rd and my kids were really looking forward to BB. Guess we'll go another year without a waterpark, and this really has me thinking that I should kill our December trip and go somewhere else.

Thanks for being the bearer of bad news, I promise not to shoot the messenger.

Mark

Oh no, we are coming down at the end of March and this is our first trip EVER !!! The kids were looking forward to a water park. Which park is better for young kids?

Hrmmm... we were only told March 22nd...

The reason of the delay in opening is that the rehab is running a little behind schedule.

With the GORGEOUS weather we've been having lately, I doubt they're doing this without a good reason.

>>>The reason of the delay in opening is that the rehab is running a little behind schedule.<<<

Another way of saying that the rehab is as on schedule as budgets will allow...

Ok, before we go off on this one, can anybody confirm? I checked disney.com, listened to the recording at 407-wdw-magi, and also talked to a CM at that same number and none of the information reflected this change. (Its not that I don't believe you, jlcbshaw, its just that CMs have been known to have incorrect information).

The kids were looking forward to a water park. Which park is better for young kids?
Well, if April 8th turns out to be the correct date, your choices will be Typhoon Lagoon or Typhoon Lagoon, so I guess its Typhoon Lagoon! Seriously, they both have children's areas and "lazy rivers". Both have good slides, though BB has Summit Plummet, which is one of the tallest around. Both have wave pools, though BB's is tamer.

I'm sure the kids will like TL.

I like the tropical atmosphere of TL over the arctic atmosphere of BB, but that's just a personal preference.

You know I hope that is the case and that the cast member I spoke to had the information wrong......

BUT the website says open March 14 or 15 and yet there is a fellow dis member....Chip and Dale Express... that made the statement that they where only told till the 22nd.

So it seems that they have information that contradicts what the website says and even maybe the recording that you listened to at 407-WDW-MAGI.

Not sure what to believe anymore, I just know that if Disney continues to pass along the misfortunes of doing business as a NEGATIVE experience for the consumer, they may not have many consumers left. I mean a business is going to experience years of gain and years of loss, but figure out a way to make the losses where they don't effect your consumer so much that they don't want to do business with you again.

So it seems that they have information that contradicts what the website says and even maybe the recording that you listened to at 407-WDW-MAGI.
Wouldn't be the first time, and won't be the last...

I just know that if Disney continues to pass along the misfortunes of doing business as a NEGATIVE experience for the consumer, they may not have many consumers left. I mean a business is going to experience years of gain and years of loss, but figure out a way to make the losses where they don't effect your consumer so much that they don't want to do business with you again.
No argument here.

Raidermatt, thanks for the info. We were leaning towards TL since we are surrounded by snow here in Michigan and don't want to see it on vacation- ha-ha. But I really just wanted to have someone's opinion in case both happened to be opened. My kiddos are 6 (DS) and 4 (DD) and it doesn't take much to please them.:D

My 2 year old loved Typhoon Lagoon last week but I wanted to go to Blizzard Beach (originally scheduled to open March 1). TL was packed! I guess it's always that way, but we usually go at quieter times and were surprised by how busy it was. Wall to wall people in the wave pool. Kind of scary, actually!

Some of the parents in the kiddie area were so rude! I got into a fight with a dad who wouldn't give up his kid's tube to the other parents who were waiting for them. He didn't want his kid to have to wait. Unfortunately, he wasn't the only one. Nice lessons we teach the toddlers. :(

Funny thing is, a little girl, 5 maybe, came up & offered my son her tube shortly after. I guess there are still some parents teaching their kids manners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter