It costs how much?

I live in RI, we have Newport & Providence that I think are excessive. I've found Boston to be more reasonable than here. Disney's prices are right in line with our pretentious spots here.

But this is not Disney World.

We always have one Dining Experience when we go. It's not always a signature location but it is something we make special.

Just so you know RI has some of the best restaurants around. We have great traditional Italian, Eclectic, Seafood on every corner and for those who love a great steak house Capital Grill started here (we also have Shula's and Ruth Chris with in blocks) Of course having a world class culinary school, Johnson & Wales (Emeril Lagasse fame), in town does help.

I've lived in various medium-to-large U.S. cities and I think WDW food prices are pretty steep. However, when you compare them to other entertainment venues such as sports stadiums, other theme parks or resorts, they aren't bad.

Agreed, the prices arent too bad, neither is the quality. I know that first time we went here we were pleasantly surprised about the prices and the quality we got. We've had a lot worse...

It's just that when I pay a lot of money for a meal I want it to be rather special. Some WDW places just are a tad too much for me esp. when you see what you get for it.

But you always anywhere way what you pay and must do (travel etc) against the meal/experience. Sometimes one side wins sometimes the other :) And that is very personal!

We don't eat at chain restaurants, so I'm not sure what the price points at carabbas, etc. Are anymore, but I don't find wdw dining prices out of line with the rest of the world. I travel extensively for work and even around Nashville, the prices seem normal to me.

Narcoosee's does seem expensive - comparable to upscale NYC prices - but more important, while I'm researching a special meal, it sounds like it's not really worth it. If a meal is going to be a really special experience, for a special occasion, then it's worth the money. It sounds like people pay for the atmosphere and location and the service and food are just adequate.

people prioritize their money differently.

This nails it to me. When our kids were smaller we did a couple of parental nights out at Disney with the kids in Neverland. Neither of those nights were our favorite parts of a trip, so we quit bothering. Now they are old enough/well behaved enough to take anywhere (well, except V&A per the rules. We are not super parents either, just fortunate that we have easy kids).

Ultimately, we decided that, FOR US, a Disney vacation is not about fine dining. It's about fun dining. We do fine dining at home and on other vacations. At Disney, it's Prime Time Cafe, Cape May, and (can't wait!!:woohoo:) Be Our Guest for us. We've prioritized our spending this trip to include a fireworks cruise for Illuminations :cool1: for our twin DD's birthday. That will make more of a memory for them and for us than a signature restaurant.

The ability to build a vacation that suits your family is what makes Disney such a great destination!

WOW ! Just looked at the prices for Narcoossee. I'm suffering from sticker shock. How can anyone with a couple of kids afford to eat there while on vacation. Seriously,4 meals with tip and tax is easily the price of 4 one day tickets.

Narcoossees is our favorite and worth every penny. Food prices at Disney are expensive, no matter where or what you eat. You've just got to take that into consideration when budgeting for your vacation. That's why we normally only eat 2 meals each day. We bring snacks from home for early breakfast before leaving our resort, eat an early lunch, snacks mid day and a late dinner. With a few exceptions, usually counter service for lunch and signature table for dinners.

It is one of our favorites, so even if we are not on the DDP it is worth the cost to us. Vacation is about splurging for us, & since we don't have the opportunity to eat there when we aren't on vacation we don't mind the cost. Also, As others have mentioned when you live in the NY/NJ area you are used to paying similar prices (if not more) to dine out.

I could have written this, except I don't live in NY or NJ, lol. Vacation for us is about planning ahead to afford it and not counting pennies when we are there. We are going OOP this August for the first time and Narcoossee's is the only signature we are going to this time. If it's as good as it was during our last trip, it will be worth every penny.

I could have written this, except I don't live in NY or NJ, lol. Vacation for us is about planning ahead to afford it and not counting pennies when we are there. We are going OOP this August for the first time and Narcoossee's is the only signature we are going to this time. If it's as good as it was during our last trip, it will be worth every penny.

I think of it this way. I would rather save up for a couple of years to do my vacation the way I want to do it (signature dining, POFQ, longer then a week, etc) then go yearly and do less. For ME it is worth it.

That's why we haven't eaten there yet. We just can't justify it yet.

My DH and I are finally trying Artist's Point for his birthday in May. That will be our first signature restaurant.

Polydweller said:
Well, apparently lots can because its always packed. It's a signature restaurant in the GF. It's no surprise that there are three high end restaurants at the GF. GF is aimed at people who are willing to pay top rate for rooms, restaurants and everything else.

Lmao! We stayed at GF a couple years back when WDW did the 4/3 special. I'll bet the CMs were wondering who the hell let the Clampetts into the GF! I'm about as country as a Southern girl can get.

All of Disney food prices are high, but it is a vacation resort. We offset the cost by eating breakfast in the room in the morning and splitting QS lunches. The lobster at Narcoosee's is absolutely worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter