It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year – an offsite, non-Disney, Christmas TR

It's our favourite waterpark in Orlando ::yes::. We also enjoy Typhoon Lagoon (especially their wave pool), but Aquatica is our #1 overall for Roa's Rapids (I love, love, LOVE that attraction! :love:), the affordable cabanas, and the fact that its usually noticeably less packed with people versus TL.

Alright, I'm convinced!!! And now I'm officially on the hunt for a good Groupon deal :teeth: .

God love ya......15 years old. I wish :cloud9:.

Those tots were mighty tasty, and I liked that you had the option to dress 'em up with chili and/or cheese (though I'm a plain girl myself). A nice change from french fries, for sure!

Our snow has given way to a sub-zero Arctic chill. I abhor winter :cold: .

Hey!! It wasn't me who started this!!

I think it was @Mrs Doubtfire :p .

Welcome back! Glad to hear you're back connected to the world wide web :surfweb: . It's a amazing how much we feel like fish out of water when we're offline for a while.

I hear you on the effect of the exchange rate. We're doing the same as you for our April trip.....tickets are going to be purchased in lieu of Valentine's Day and Easter gifts (or at least, that's the current plan) In our case, though, its for Tampa Bay Rays tickets.....they are playing our beloved Blue Jays on 3 separate days during our trip, and when my guys found out, they almost begged me to work it into the budget (and the itinerary). 2016 single day tickets haven't been released yet though, so we can't move forward with that until they are able to be purchased by the general public. I am hoping they are not too pricey.....sigh, what I don't do for those guys (though we'll probably combine the game with a trip to a gulf beach while we're on that side of the state....its been on mine & Sunshine's wish list, so it seems like a good way to make the most out of the long commute).

Yep, Aquatica is really easy to fall in love with. Ah, to be in Roa's right now.........:cloud9:.

I will try to get another update posted later today!
What day are you planning the ball game?
It's our favourite waterpark in Orlando ::yes::. We also enjoy Typhoon Lagoon (especially their wave pool), but Aquatica is our #1 overall for Roa's Rapids (I love, love, LOVE that attraction! :love:), the affordable cabanas, and the fact that its usually noticeably less packed with people versus TL.

Alright, I'm convinced!!! And now I'm officially on the hunt for a good Groupon deal :teeth: .

God love ya......15 years old. I wish :cloud9:.

Those tots were mighty tasty, and I liked that you had the option to dress 'em up with chili and/or cheese (though I'm a plain girl myself). A nice change from french fries, for sure!

Our snow has given way to a sub-zero Arctic chill. I abhor winter :cold: .

Hey!! It wasn't me who started this!!

I think it was @Mrs Doubtfire :p .

Welcome back! Glad to hear you're back connected to the world wide web :surfweb: . It's a amazing how much we feel like fish out of water when we're offline for a while.

I hear you on the effect of the exchange rate. We're doing the same as you for our April trip.....tickets are going to be purchased in lieu of Valentine's Day and Easter gifts (or at least, that's the current plan) In our case, though, its for Tampa Bay Rays tickets.....they are playing our beloved Blue Jays on 3 separate days during our trip, and when my guys found out, they almost begged me to work it into the budget (and the itinerary). 2016 single day tickets haven't been released yet though, so we can't move forward with that until they are able to be purchased by the general public. I am hoping they are not too pricey.....sigh, what I don't do for those guys (though we'll probably combine the game with a trip to a gulf beach while we're on that side of the state....its been on mine & Sunshine's wish list, so it seems like a good way to make the most out of the long commute).

Yep, Aquatica is really easy to fall in love with. Ah, to be in Roa's right now.........:cloud9:.

I will try to get another update posted later today!

I am having major tech problems. Haven't been here for so long forget how to use this board. I was trying to find out when you are going to the ball game. We are planning on going to one as well.

I am having major tech problems. Haven't been here for so long forget how to use this board. I was trying to find out when you are going to the ball game. We are planning on going to one as well.

Hi ya dennise, we are at the Jays/Rays game on Saturday, April 30th. Which day are you there?

Hi ya dennise, we are at the Jays/Rays game on Saturday, April 30th. Which day are you there?
It is early in the month, not sure which day yet. There are no hockey games while we are there unless they make the playoffs, but tickets would probably be hard to get. Glad you enjoyed WF. We went with #2 son and his family, thank heavens no snakes other than some in the water.

I see milkshakes in our future! :banana:

Reading through your TR (obviously I am a bit behind)... And what to my wondering eyes should appear? A K-STATE SHIRT!!!! We don't get many of these outside Kansas so I had to respond even though it was so many pages ago. (My husband and I are huge fans... Season ticket holders, alumni, etc.)

Love your reports! Carry on...:drive:

Reading through your TR (obviously I am a bit behind)... And what to my wondering eyes should appear? A K-STATE SHIRT!!!! We don't get many of these outside Kansas so I had to respond even though it was so many pages ago. (My husband and I are huge fans... Season ticket holders, alumni, etc.)

Love your reports! Carry on...:drive:

Jake loves his sports teams, and has a t-shirt from most of the major players.....I can't say for certain, but I'll venture a guess that he purchased that shirt at the Nike Clearance Store right in Orlando. He finds the best deals on the university team fanware on our travels down south!

Just read through this whole TR! Great info as we are planning our first non-Disney trip in August and planning much of what you did. Thanks so much for the thorough report!

Visitana is on my list, but our kids are younger so looking for something with a more exciting pool vibe I think. It's high on my list though, looks beautiful!

Just read through this whole TR! Great info as we are planning our first non-Disney trip in August and planning much of what you did. Thanks so much for the thorough report!

Visitana is on my list, but our kids are younger so looking for something with a more exciting pool vibe I think. It's high on my list though, looks beautiful!

Thanks for reading! :thumbsup2

Done!!! I am actually glad I'm late to the party in a way. I got to read the whole thing from start to finish! I loved hearing about all the non-Disney/Universal that Orlando has to offer! If it weren't for your previous TRs, I would not have know that there is a chocolate museum and Skeleton Museum! Now I got to see Sea Life, putt putts, Fun Spots, Aquatica, Air-Boats, Wax Museums (BTW, I loved that picture of you and Lincoln. It looked like he was mad and was like "I can't even look at you right now" lol).

Your TRs are the best! I always find myself hungry after reading them though....

Done!!! I am actually glad I'm late to the party in a way. I got to read the whole thing from start to finish! I loved hearing about all the non-Disney/Universal that Orlando has to offer! If it weren't for your previous TRs, I would not have know that there is a chocolate museum and Skeleton Museum! Now I got to see Sea Life, putt putts, Fun Spots, Aquatica, Air-Boats, Wax Museums (BTW, I loved that picture of you and Lincoln. It looked like he was mad and was like "I can't even look at you right now" lol).

Your TRs are the best! I always find myself hungry after reading them though....

Thanks ElenaJane! You know what they say....Better Late Than Never! :teeth:

Food is definitely a big part of the fun on our trips, perhaps because we try to make generally good dietary choices between vacations so we can indulge without guilt while we're in Orlando. I know it looks like we eat (a lot) when on holiday, and truth is....I guess we do!

Ha ha! Love it! And with a little Google searching, I found where to order them:

http://www.familystickers.com/minion-stickers.html

You can even personalize them with names!! How awesome!

I may have to splurge and order them before our trip....have 'em shipped to our Park & Fly hotel :scratchin.

Food is definitely a big part of the fun on our trips, perhaps because we try to make generally good dietary choices between vacations so we can indulge without guilt while we're in Orlando. I know it looks like we eat (a lot) when on holiday, and truth is....I guess we do!

TOTALLY relate. A huge motivation for me to eat healthy and work out is to splurge on vacations. I will seriously get out of bed and think...45 more days until I get the Patriot's Feast at Liberty Tree Tavern...
Unfortunately, I read your TRs when I am NOT on vacation, so I see your glorious stack of onion rings...while I am eating my carrot sticks and non-fat yogurt. :P

+

I think DH's company is laid back about that stuff because the owner is an old school Italian gentleman. His kids all work at his companies and he brings his mother to all company social functions. I'm not sure that anyone there wants to work harder but there is a sense of family/loyalty for sure. There are not many people that come and go. I can't for the life of me figure out how people stay there though. No one gets raises and life is constantly getting more expensive.
Gina I am with you. I loved my job, my boss was great and still is very good to me. He was very flexible with time off. You go the extra mile when it is appreciated. They don't even have to tell you they appreciate you, you just know it.

Gina hope you are enjoying your current trip. We have booked to go to Florida 15th December and will be there over Christmas and the New Year. We are staying on the gulf coast for a week before driving back up to Orlando. It is our first New Years Eve there, but we have been before at Christmas. Something to look forward to :cheer2:

Gina hope you are enjoying your current trip. We have booked to go to Florida 15th December and will be there over Christmas and the New Year. We are staying on the gulf coast for a week before driving back up to Orlando. It is our first New Years Eve there, but we have been before at Christmas. Something to look forward to :cheer2:

What a fantastic way to spend the holiday season!! You are going to have a most amazing time! :santa:

I just found your TR, and spent the past several hours reading the whole thing! I loved all the food pictures. I grew up going to Friendly's up in NJ, and need to find the one in FL; I love Ale House (especially for the zingers); and this will be shocking, but I've never been to Ohana after living in Orlando for 7 years.

I need to try the attractions on I-Drive (especially Madame Tussaud). The Orlando Eye looks awesome!

I was at SeaWorld on Christmas too! In fact, I was at the same SLH show as you (except I was down in the soak zone). I am already counting down for Christmas season in Nov

I just found your TR, and spent the past several hours reading the whole thing! I loved all the food pictures. I grew up going to Friendly's up in NJ, and need to find the one in FL; I love Ale House (especially for the zingers); and this will be shocking, but I've never been to Ohana after living in Orlando for 7 years.

I need to try the attractions on I-Drive (especially Madame Tussaud). The Orlando Eye looks awesome!

I was at SeaWorld on Christmas too! In fact, I was at the same SLH show as you (except I was down in the soak zone). I am already counting down for Christmas season in Nov

I would give my right arm to be back in Orlando for Christmas again this year, but after a 10 day trip at the end of April and another two weeks in October, its not going to happen for 2016. There is nothing more awesome than SeaWorld during the holiday season, though, so we will try and see if we can swing a return trip for Christmas 2017!

The Friendly's is on I-Drive, not far from the Eye complex actually. If you give the Eye a whirl (pardon the pun, LOL!) then you could grab a meal at Friendly's afterwards. Have the waffle fries...they are divine!

Ohana is so much fun.....I just love the atmosphere at the Polynesian (especially as a northerner.....we yearn for that tropical, summery feel). You should definitely give breakfast a try there sometime!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter