It’s EXHILARATING in the BIG BLUE WORLD! *NEW VIDEO- EPCOT DAY* 1/22

I really love your trip report! Your photos tell a great story and the two of you just look so happy! Love your sense of humor, too. :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading! We were super duper happy. I think my face was broken after a few days. It just stayed in "smile" position!

Great TR! Love the pics! :)

Thank you! I just wish some of the pics were better quality. My Kodak only goes so far :)

Enjoying your trip report!!! I love the "Guppy Choir" that's adorable!! Love all the pics!!

Enjoying your trip report!!! I love the "Guppy Choir" that's adorable!! Love all the pics!!

Thanks! I am having a lot of fun writing it. I'll definitely have to slip that into conversation with my kiddos. They'll think I'm crazy (but they probably already do!)

Elephants and Circus Tents
April 12

Since Winnie the Pooh was down, we decided to go explore...

Another cute construction wall picture!

Poor Sneezy.

Of course, our first stop had to be Dumbo!

There was a 10 minute wait listed, so we headed on into the circus tent!

I was glad that the standby line goes right by the play area. Obviously, we weren't going to play, but I wanted to be able to see it!

I love the color scheme. It really transports you elsewhere. I imagine this would be a fun place to wait during the heat of summer.

While we were waiting, I saw a little girl (probably about 2 ½ or 3) with a bunch of pins around her neck. The teacher in me decided to see if she wanted to trade (also known as let her pick whichever pin of mine she wanted.)

While I was talking to her, her brother and sister came over and had their pins ready! They were some serious little traders! Their dad even told us about locking pin backs and some general pin trading info. Sarah and I both traded with the kids. It was fun to see them so excited!

I ended up with an angry Donald Duck pin and an Aquarius pin. I neither like angry Ducks nor am an Aquarius, but it didn't matter. I ended up trading them later for pins that I really liked!

Last chance to exit!

We decided to brave the elephant filled skies.

Reminder. No Dancing.

In no time at all, we were heading to our Dumbo! Sarah bolted for the one with the green hat.

No one stands between Sarah and her green-hatted elephant.

She made sure that I sat towards the inside&because I'm the smaller of the two of us. Safety first!

I promise that Sarah is happy in this picture...she looks a little unsure of the situation! Maybe Dumbo was a little intense for her :)

As we began our descent, I made my displeasure known to the camera.

The ride was over, but we have our Dumbo memories forever!

It sure was a fun ride! We waved good-bye to our Dumbo (whom we christened Dumbo...go figure) and headed off to our next adventure!

Our next stop was Big Top Gifts.

I LOVE THIS STORE. So many colors and fun!!! Definitely not a good place for my whole focus issue. I see this....and that...and that over there...and LOOK AT THAT. Seriously. Love this store.

We found three CMs standing towards the back of the store and asked if they had a pin board. They said yes and brought out the cutest pin board ever! Popcorn containers!!!

They even brought over their second board so we could peruse that as well.

Eventually, I found a very cute Donald pin. I think it is from one of the starter packs. I love it!

I also traded for the car decal woman with mickey ears pin. Cute!
I know that Sarah traded with each pin board, and then with one of the original CMs...and later with the cashier CM. I think she had a total of 6 trades in one store! I was so happy to see Sarah so happy with pin trading. It is addictive!!!

And this was the place that Sarah found her love.

STEAMBOAT WILLIE!

This was one of her goals for the trip...and she found him Day 1! We had him wrapped up and shipped to the resort. See you soon, Steamboat Willie!

After paying (and trading again) we headed out of the circus tent and headed back towards the Hundred Acre Wood.

Is it up and running yet???

Next Post

Hunney, Horses and Mickey Bars
April 12

As we headed back towards Winnie the Pooh, we were so happy to see that all Hunney pots were go! It was time to go to the Hundred Acre Wood with our pals!

We headed through the FP line, so we didn't get a chance to play with all of the fun toys :( Hopefully well have a chance to come back later and play (as children were meant to do!)

We both loved Winnie the Pooh!

Sarah was completely overjoyed. She was finally on her ride! I took video of the whole ride for her, so these are all snapshots from the video.

Why, hello there Pooh Bear!

LETS GO FLY A....bear. Oops. Wrong movie.

Hold on, Roo! Mamas right there!

I see Tigger!

Honestly, is anyone else concerned? Pooh's subconscious is a little scary.

Yay! Party time!

Wasn't that fun Christopher Robin?

The dump shop was just heaven for Sarah. I think she could hear angels singing. Winnie the Pooh was everywhere!

Sarahs other shopping goal was finding a Winnie the Pooh shirt. Mission accomplished!

As we headed out of Fantasyland, Sarah asked again to ride the Carousel. Since wed had a very successful morning, I obliged. Plus, it was fun!

Meet my horsey!

I just realized I never gave him a name. Lets name him...Cranberry. I've actually never tasted a cranberry. But it seems like a good name for a red horse.

Sarah is one happy girl.

When on a carousel, I always worry that the ride will stop when my horse is at the highest height. It seems like such a death defying leap! Of course, that is what happened. Dont worry. I survived.

After that, I needed to use the restroom. Of course we headed towards the Tangled bathrooms!

On the way, we passed a Walt Disney World classic.

And never looked back. Sarah and I decided before we left that we wouldn't bother riding it. It isn't a favorite of ours (sorry to those who love it!) and we decided our time in Disney would be better spent doing thrill rides (like Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh :) )

This area is so cute!!!!

Lanterns!

So precious. The theme for this area is great! There are even frying pans!

Kingdom Celebration was playing over the speakers. I was tempted to start dancing like they do in the movie. Sarah didn't want me to. Why ever not???

After visiting Tangled, we went towards Frontierland.

On the way, we stopped for a very important treat! We were super excited! I think this is our favorite dessert in all of Disney World. It is so classic, pure, simple, and it tastes soooooooo good.

I think we were a bit more excited than the CM selling it to us. People just dont understand our love for the Mickey Bar.

Sarah is excited!!!

YUMMY!

About to enjoy all of the magic and wonder that chocolate shaped like a Mickey can bring.

Thats a whole lot of magic!

Seriously though, a lot of work went into eating these Mickey bars. We had to use the regular camera to take normal pictures, use the video camera take video, and use my phone to send pictures of the moment directly to Mama. She replied LOVE the Mickey ice cream picture. So glad to see your happy faces :)

You know why were that happy? Because we were on the last documentation step before being able to actually eat our ice cream!

It was a lot of work being a DISer!

IT WAS SOOOOOOOO GOOD. I miss it. Why cant I just grab a Mickey Bar from the freezer section of the grocery store? Who can I see about that?

Unfortunately, because they were out of the wrapper for a minute or two before we started eating, the chocolate got soft a lot faster. Lesson learned. They were a bit messy so we stopped for some napkins on our way to Splash Mountain!!!

Next Post

Great updates! New Fantasyland is amazing, even if there aren't a ton of new attractions. Ahhh the Little Mermaid ride is fantastic! I just loved it. The comment about the guppy choir is too cute!

That Steamboat Willie is awesome. :thumbsup2

Great updates! New Fantasyland is amazing, even if there aren't a ton of new attractions. Ahhh the Little Mermaid ride is fantastic! I just loved it. The comment about the guppy choir is too cute!

That Steamboat Willie is awesome. :thumbsup2

I'm with you! New Fantasyland is super and the Little Mermaid ride is one of my new favorites!

I told Sarah what you said about her Steamboat Willie and she said "That's awesome!"

Double Mountain Vision
April 12

We ate our treats on the way to the Laughing Place. We walked along the bridge to get there. I love that bridge! You are still enjoying the sites, but there are fewer people surrounding you on either side. And (admit it) it is fun to just be able to walk on a bridge like that!

We were both finished our treats by the end of the bridge. Hello Splash!

As we got to the line, we were the lucky ones that got to switch the queue. It originally headed directly inside, but they wanted to extend it. The CM had us follow her through the length of the queue, starting a new path.

Not terribly exciting, but definitely a first!

We waited about 15 minutes before we could enter our log. It was so much fun! I always get myself psyched for the first drop too soon. That Brer Fox sure is tricky...

Here we are after the drop. Loving life!

Zip a dee doo dah!

Why, hello there Brer Rabbit. Learned a few lessons, did you?

After Splash, we headed for Big Thunder Mountain!

Unfortunately, the wait was up to 30 minutes. We pulled FPs for only 40 minutes out though (12:25-1:25). Where to next?

ADVENTURELAND!

Along the way, we saw a guy with the COOLEST sign Ive ever seen.

I shouted to him, "I LOVE YOUR SIGN!" He was a bit startled. No shame. Share joy wherever you can!

I want this sign hanging in my room. What if stop signs were this shape? I'm sure plenty more people would stop for a Mickey Bar shaped sign. Especially one that dispensed free Mickey Bars. I could have one in the morning, one at night.....Yummmy....

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah! Heading towards Adventureland!

We were marching along in the military style.

We made it!

We breezed right by Pirates (well see ya later matey!) and headed to...
JUNGLE CRUISE!!!

We had about a 20 minute wait, which was the longest wait we had the whole trip!

This was our first ever tour, so I was super excited! I have to say, it left a little to be desired. Not the Skipper, he was great! But the other passengers were lacking in energy. We tried to laugh and be silly, but its a bit awkward when the rest of your human companions are as dead tired as that poor zebra.

I took all video...and I don't feel like going through and pulling images. So lets move on to the next adventure...back in Frontierland!

We headed back to BTMR. Along the way, we picked up a bottle of water.

Turns out, we hadn't had anything to drink since Crystal Palace! Bad trying-to-be-responsible sister. Keeping hydrated is a #1 priority!

It was about 12:30 when we hopped in line with our FPs. After a quick wait, we were off on our runaway train!

Here is a picture of the ride track. I thought it looked interesting. If you don't, just ignore it ;)

Here we are pre-wild ride.

Yeeeeeehaw!

Here we are post-wild ride. Still super happy!!! (Even though Sarah squished me!!!)

This is now one of Sarah's absolute favorite rides!

After returning safely, we headed out towards Main Street through Adventureland.

We walked across the bridge, towards Crystal Palace. Suddenly, I saw HIM.

Yes!!!!

THERE HE WAS!!!

THE MAIN DUCK HIMSELF!

The parade was going on, and he was just chilling there on a float.

I literally RAN to get a picture of him. Hes so cute in his party hat!

Those party ducks...gotta keep a close eye on them!

While I was taking picture of Donald, Sarah went to find a balloon. She wanted a green one, but settled for a purple one.

This is one of my favorite pictures ever. Sarah is happy, she has a balloon, and of course, the castle is right there in the background. Pure bliss!

We kept walking down Main Street and suddenly I found the most perfect window EVER.

A MUSIC WINDOW!

I was in love!

Ever want to know what the music window looks like? Guess what! You can find out RIGHT NOW!

I'm just a tad happy. Just a tad.

STEINMOUSE. How perfect is that?

I asked my Dad if I could have this piano. He hasn't gotten back to me yet.

A flute!

I love the comparison between the old and new.

Awesome hat.

Mandolin!

Clarinet is my other main instrument! This one seems to be missing its mouthpiece though. And it is put together crooked. The circle key should be in line with the thumb rest on the next join. I wonder why it's like that...

The whole window!

As we were walking, we stopped for a brief minute or two (literally) and listened to these Dapper Dans!

Sarah wanted to keep moving. I agreed because Ill be back in a few months to see them again.

See you soon!

Up next...I get attacked by balloons!

Next Post

Thanks for an inside scoop on the shoes. I don't think I could be that crafty, maybe I can enlist the help of my mom. She is good at that kind of stuff!!!

Finally here!

Looks like you guys are having such a great time so far. Your room is absolutely spectacular! Breakfast looked good too. Next time I'm in MK I definitely want to try the puffed french toast!

Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for an inside scoop on the shoes. I don't think I could be that crafty, maybe I can enlist the help of my mom. She is good at that kind of stuff!!!

No problem! It was actually a very simple process (just painting and then spraying a sealer!) so it all depends on how detailed you want the actual design to be. I hope you do it, as they are so much fun to wear!

Finally here!

Looks like you guys are having such a great time so far. Your room is absolutely spectacular! Breakfast looked good too. Next time I'm in MK I definitely want to try the puffed french toast!

Can't wait to hear more!

Isn't the room awesome!??!!?? Unbelievable!! You know, the puffed french toast was good, but my heart will always lie with the Mickey waffle. Yummmmm.

One word. Yummy.
April 12

As we left, the tunes of the Dapper Dans serenaded us down Main Street. It was the perfect moment. And then...

Sarah saw her green balloon! It was the only one in a huge bunch of balloons.

Bless balloon-ladys heart, she pulled out the green balloon just for Sarah and traded her purple in for free!

While standing there, the balloons attacked us! SERIOUSLY.

These were some crazy balloons! They hurt mi noggin.

We survived though and continued to smile!

Green balloon!

Happy girl.

Of course, we couldn't leave Main Street without a stop at the Confectionary!

This is one of the most photogenic shops ever. Pretty colors and scents are everywhere!

When I have my own kitchen someday, it might just end up with a few (all) of these kitchen accessories.

Im in love with these plates!

We just bought a set of the square Mickey plates back home so I thought better of purchasing them. It was so hard to say goodbye to these!!!

I love watching these artists make delicious treats!!!

At first I thought these were going to be Minnie Mouse apples, but upon looking at them again, decided that they were some sort of cat-like creature. Do you know what they are?

THESE ARE PERFECT.

I have a comment about these. Ill keep it to myself.

We found pre-packaged Minnie apples! It was so perfect because we were bringing home a Minnie apple for Mama!

Look over there!!! That's where the good stuff is!

Don't drool on your keyboard. (If you do, I'm not liable for any damage.)

We picked up a package of Mickey Coconut patties for my brother.

He wouldn't use any Disney merchandise, so the best solution is always a yummy treat!

We also picked up a Reeses pieces Mickey rice krispie treat for my Dad and a turkey leg rice krispie for my brothers girlfriend.

When my sister and I were deciding what to get her, we considered a regular rice krispie, some chocolate, all normal things. Then we saw the turkey leg!

Perfect! It is right up her alley!

We also picked up a Mickey apple for ourselves! The plan was to eat it at some point during the trip but we ended up bringing it home. Oh darn. More Disney food to enjoy at home! That's just tragic I tell you!

After buying enough sugar to keep us energized like a chipmunk on caffeine, riding a tricycle, we headed out of the Magic Kingdom.

Don't worry! Well be back later!

We got to the POR bus stop, which is always the furthest one out (what is up with that??), about 1:45. We waited...and waited...and waited for a bus. Normally I don't mind waiting. But I was having this conniption inside. It went like so:

If I was going to wait this long anyway, why couldn't I know ahead of time so that I could have spent an extra 20 minutes inside the Magic Kingdom???

*stamps child feet in frustration*

Anyway.

In the overall scheme of things, not a big, huge, ginormous deal because we only waited about half an hour and we were back to the South Depot about 2:30. As we walked back to the room, we saw that our dear Mousekeeper Pam was currently cleaning, so we headed down by the fountain to relax and enjoy the grass!

We have a theory that the grass isn't real, or is replaced often. Our courtyard is where they have the nightly movies so I think they do something to it to keep the grass fresh.

We could see our door from our bench, so we saw when Pam had vacated our room. Off we went to the elevators! (I cant remember who won the push button competition. I think it was me. But that's because Sarah isn't editing this trip report. And probably isn't reading it either. So for the sake of this trip report, lets say that I WON.)

When we got to the door, we came across a delightful surprise!!!

Tune in next time so see all of the cuteness!!

Next Post

It's a Sarah-Fish!
April 12

After a super fun morning, it was about 2:30pm and we were ready to have a few relaxing hours at the hotel. We tapped our key on the Mickey head, turned the knob, and saw that our friends had settled in for an afternoon of relaxation too!

Donald, Pooh, Duffy, Mickey, and Minnie had found the remote and were watching some child-friendly programming!

They are so cute!!!!

Pam had even left a little pet for us!

She found the little tag from our daily notes from Mama and used it as a decoration!

And because, I thought it was so incredibly thoughtful, I took a picture of my brush being left ever so nicely on a washcloth. How sweet is that?!

We were celebrating!!! It was so nice for Mickey to send a card!

Seriously, even mousekeeping is amazing here. This is why Disney is AWESOME.

We changed into bathing suits, sunblocked to the max, and headed to FOOD. The Mickey Bars were a looong time ago and Crystal Palace was a loooooooooooong time ago. I was beyond ready for some food. I dont think I was getting cranky, but you never know. Lack of food just does things to me.

We headed across the bridge connecting to the center area, and walked into the food court. I dont remember it being terribly busy. Nothing like the night before.

We both headed straight for the Make-Your-Own Pasta station. The Pasta section is attached to the pizza section, my food of choice last night. While the pizza was good, I was so excited about trying this after reading about it all over DIS!

First you tell the person what type of pasta, sauce, and toppings you want and they write the code on the box. Then, another crazy chef pours all of the ingredients into a skillet, basically lights the whole thing on fire, and gets it all nice and cheesy! It is topped off with some garlic bread!

Sarah got fettuccine, alfredo sauce, broccoli, and chicken.

She was so hungry, I basically had to throw myself between her and the food in order to take a food picture. I didn't bother asking for a re-do to get a clear one. I like life.

I had penne, alfredo, spinach, mushroom, and chicken.

The only complaint we had was that the garlic bread was VERY crunchy. We prefer softer bread, so this was a bit icky to us. So we just dunked it in pasta sauce. Not bad after that!

They put the pasta in Chinese-esque food containers, so it was super easy to transport to our dining location of choice: Ol Man Island!

We found a quieter spot, away from the action, and sat to enjoy (scarf) our meal. We chatted about this and that. I tried to enjoy the ambiance, but lets be real, I was only concerned about the distance of fork to mouth at that time. It was so creamy and yummy. I loved having the spinach and mushroom. Very fresh.

I only ate about ½ of it, and then it was time for the pool! We dropped our stuff over on chairs close to the pool edge (I'm always paranoid about leaving my stuff out of sight) and headed in to bliss!

Sarah was so incredibly happy.

That girl is a fish. She was so excited to be able to swim outside in April! And it was warm!

We started off by just exploring the area. Sarah really liked going under the waterfalls.

I tried it a few times, but the water pressure threatened to dislodge my contacts. In the interest of continued sight, I stopped after a bit.

We went down the slide a few times. It was fun! I think Im ready for Summit Plummet now, what do you think???

After a while, the water was messing with my eyes (they are sensitive to chlorine) and I had to get out. Sarah obviously didn't want to leave, but I had planned for such an event. I brought my journal with me, laid in the sun, updated, and just enjoyed the relaxing afternoon! The kids were doing different games and dances with the pool staff, so it was a bit loud, but I didn't mind. I loved seeing so much pure joy around me!

I have to say, it was a strange feeling being in Disney World, just lying out by the pool. We are normally such commando people that we dont take the time to relax like this. For anyone worried that taking the afternoon off will impede with your ability to get everything done, dont worry! It helped us relax and recharge so much that we were able to do MORE that night, and not feel like we were dying by the end of it. I highly recommend it!

I took a few more pictures of the Sarah-Fish. Its a very cute fish.

It was 3:50pm when I went to pull her out of the pool. We had places to be!!!

We headed back and got all cleaned up. It felt so good to wash the face, brush the hair, and put on Princess gear for the evening! Im a Princess celebrating her birthday!!!

After a short wait, we were on the Magic Kingdom bus at 4:41pm!

On a side note, the bus ride was very nice and relaxing. It seemed like everyone on the bus was feeling the same way because I heard a little boy say nice and clearly, Im gonna rip all my clothes off!

All I was thinking was Please dont child. Mickey Mouse wears pants. You should too.

Moving on.

We got off the magical bus, walked down the magical sidewalk, walked through the magical turnstiles, and headed into the most magical place on earth!

Oh yes! Let the memories begin!

Heading under the train station!

Look at that light on the other side. Isn't it the best light ever???

And. Take a deep breath. We made it!

Where was our first stop???

Next Post

We have now reached "Exhilarating" status
April 12

Our first stop was the Emporium! Sarah was in possession of a few Vinylmation and she wanted to try trading them.

After asking a CM where the trading station was, we headed to the counter that is on the right hand side as you enter the first set of doors to the Emporium. The CM pulled out a big clear box with compartments for each Vinylmation.

Sarah got to look at them all and choose which ones she wanted. She decided on a China inspired and a Constellation one.

Pretty neat.

Now, of course, that wasn't our only purpose for going to the Emporium. I also had to make a few purchases!

After our trip in January 2012, I deeply regretted not getting any soundtracks! My absolute favorite genre is soundtracks and I was so sad to not have the Wishes soundtrack, or park music, or anything like that to listen to. I know I could have found it elsewhere if I really looked for it, but I just never got around to it. I was not leaving this time without them!

I bought both Wishes and the parade/party music for Magic Kingdom. I had them shipped to the resort because I was lazy and didn't want to carry them around. Sarah also bought an Oswald pin.

On the way out of the Emporium, I saw

THE

SINGLE

MOST

AMAZING

THING

EVER.

THE POCAHONTAS WINDOW DISPLAY!

I didn't have any idea that this even existed. You have no idea. I was freaking out.

As you can see for yourself.

And this is where our EXHILARATING trip really started.

Because, let me tell you. This was truly EXHILARATING.

I had to document the amazingness!

Look! Meeko is leading the way! He's such a smart raccoon. And there is Flit. And there is Pocahontas! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. EXHILARATING.

After freaking out a little (a lot) and then freaking out some more, we continued on down Main Street! We saw lots of other cute window displays, not that any of them hold a candle to my girl.

Minnie Mouse meets Guest Relations. Shes such a kind hostess!

Umm...I think Woody feel off his horse. He may need some help.

Sail away green dudes.

Then we saw this beautiful sight.

Dream Along with Mickey was going on. I watch this show on youtube sometimes in my spare time. Don't laugh. You're going to look it up too.

Such a lady!

Hello Donald! Get into any pirate-y skirmishes lately?

Our next stop was Space Mountain to wait in the 60 minute stand-by line!

Yay! Fun times.

Oh, Im just kidding. Of course we grabbed fastpasses. It was around 5:30 and we pulled them for 7:10-8:10. Not bad! Much better than waiting. Seriously, why would you even bother? I dont understand non-FPsers.

After that we headed over to Buzz Lightyear.

When we came in 2012, my brother was a GALACTIC HERO! I was determined to at least do okay.

We got in the line and I was all nervous that it was going to take forever. I always forget that once you go through the door, you are basically on the ride. We probably only waited about 15 minutes.

I think I did pretty well! I have absolutely no idea what I hit, but I was getting some good targets!!!

Sarah's score.

Even though this is my TR...and I could do the happy dance and be all like, I won!!!! I won't. Because that would be un-space-ranger-like conduct.
I was a COSMIC COMMANDO!

We were highly focused space rangers.

Our next stop was Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor for a bit of comedy!

This was a great show! They had a few dancers from the audience at one point and that was really funny. All of the audience participants were really into it. I think that makes such a better show because then the actors have something to play off of.

And we were right NEXT to That Guy. That was pretty fun. I almost considered sticking my hand out and giving him bunny ears, but I chickened out. Ah, well. Next time.

After that, we decided that it was dinner time!

We debated where to go. I suggested Pecos Bills because I remembered having a great meal there last time. Possibly Pinocchios. Sarah was eh about it, and then suggested Caseys! I'm not a huge fan of hot dogs, so I've never been there. But hey, its a classic! Off we went to the land of baseball and overly topped dogs.

I ordered a chili-cheese dog and a water bottle. I figured if I was going to eat a hot dog, it might as well have cheese and chili all over it. I ordered no fries, but they ended up giving them to me for free!

Sarah ordered a pulled pork dog, with the coleslaw on the side so I could eat it, and I believe she got a water bottle as well.

We were trying really hard to stay on top of our hydration. We weren't the best at it in the morning and afternoon, so we were trying to be extra vigilant at night...with the sun down and the temperature cooler. Go us!

We headed outside to find a table. After wandering for a bit, one just happened to open up right next to the railing. Why, thank you! Castle seating for two?

Yummmmmm.

I actually liked it! It was very tasty. And those fries were soooo good. Great tip for getting a free sideorder the pulled pork with the coleslaw on the side. It was such a good portion! And delicious!

I ate all of the coleslaw, some of the fries, and most of my hot dog. Not bad!

Enjoying Casey's!

While we were eating, we looked over the railing to see all of the ducks! They were all getting along just grand, until this one duck decided it was going to be all mean and bully the other ducks! This mean duck was just getting all up in the bills of the other ducks and causing a ruckus. It was literally chasing this poor one down at one point. Geesh. Someone got up on the wrong side of the Magic Kingdom.

After our meal, we headed to Haunted Mansion. Of course we headed through the cemetery! Actually, there was no one in the cemetery while a line was forming on the right.

Enjoy my little tour.

Sarah jamming on the organ.

Just practicing for my Sunday morning organist job.

As we got into the stretching room, I started to notice a lot of matching t-shirts. Uh. Oh.

And they were teenagers.

Bigger uh oh.

They were very noisy and then obnoxiously screamed (a lot) when the room went dark. We darted past them and tried to make sure we were as far away from them as possible.

It was an excellent ride! I tried to notice new things. I feel that so many things are placed so close to the ride vehicle for easy viewing, that it is hard to remember to look into the beyond. I definitely noticed a few smaller details&none of which I wrote down. So go see it for yourself!

We decided not to take the ghosts up on their offer to stick around for a few thousand years. Instead, we headed to Pirates!

Youll have to take my word for it that Pirates was a thrilling adventure. You know how hard it is to get any decent pictures.

We played around a bit in the dump shop...which I'll show you pics of next time because I've reached my limit! Good night!

Next Post

Space, Woods, and Donald!
April 12

We played around a bit in the dump shop of Pirates.

Sarah loves these gems and rocks. I was so surprised when she didn't buy any!

Hook head.

She loves swords...a lot.

The lady's face in the back right is hilarious! She looks a little concerned at the whole situation.

Double crossed.

I'm not amused at the thought of a sword at my head. Especially whilst wearing my Princess tiara!

It was almost 8pm (and our FP ended at 8:10), so we headed over to Tomorrowland!

Along the way, I jammed out on a few drums.

I got skills.

I missed my drumming partner though. On the last trip, when my brother was there, we played together. I think we were pretty good! We even got a little crowd around us. That was fun!

The Princess is happy!

Sarah found a mbira. She actually bought one of these the last time in Animal Kingdom!

We felt like we needed a snack, so we tried the Strawberry Carbonated Beverage at the Lunching Pad. It was quite tasty! Almost like a 7-11 Slurpee, except that it has a carbonated fizz.

I imagine it would be an excellent treat on a hot summer day. Quite satisfying.

We headed into Space Mountain just at the end of our FP return time.
Ill freely admit that this isn't my favorite ride. I feel like I get injured! I'll ride it once or twice, but its definitely not one of my favorites.

We got separated between two links of the rocket. Here's my attempt at a fun ride picture.

After Space Mountain we headed to the Peoplemover! We have never been on this ride before, but I was really looking forward to it! Verdict: LOVE IT! It is such a relaxing ride. This is a great ride for those warm afternoons where you just want to chit chat and not worry about walking anywhere.

I am now regretting not getting the Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow shirt that I saw on sale for $10 at the Disney Outlets.

Next, we headed over to see Winnie the Pooh again! It was basically a walk-on, and we spent a lot of time playing with all of the toys!

Happy! Smile! Joy! Excitement!

She's a frummer.

A fruit drummer.

This was so cute!

Follow that hunny!

After returning from the Hundred Acre Wood, we headed back into New Fantasyland to check the status on Enchanted Tales with Belle. It was still at a 30 minute wait (at about 8:45ish) so we decided to pass.

Instead, we went to one of our favorites! Mickeys Philharmagic!!!!

We are in love with this show! I think its awesome because 1) it is focused around a music concert 2) it has a ton of classic characters and Princesses and 3) IT HAS DONALD DUCK. Perfection.

DONALD!

I love you.

Literally, after I took this picture, Sarah calls out to me to hurry up. The CM said we were almost going to miss the show! I ran through the rest of the line to get to the theater. I wasn't going to wait!

It was a great show! We poked around in the dump shop, but I didn't see anything that I absolutely had to have. This time.

We continued out of Philharmagic, and headed to the left towards Liberty Square/Adventureland. All of the pathways towards Main Street were blocked off at this point. The 9pm MSEP was going on, so we cut across by way of the bridge, and waited to make the crossing to the other side of Adventureland.

That process is so funny! It was like the start to a race! All of the guests were lined up in a pack behind the ropes, and then the CMs would let the ropes drop, and the pack would basically stampede across the street! Insanity!

Why exactly were we risking our lives to get to Adventureland? Find out next time!

Next Post

Wishes and Celebrate the Magic (with a side of Dole Whip)
April 12

Obviously, the only reason to risk life and limb to get into Adventureland is to get DOLE WHIPS!

The line wasn't terrible, but it definitely wasn't a pick-up and go situation. I always forget that there are two sides to the line! I think the other side may have been faster. Oh well. Someday Ill remember.

Soon after we got in line, a large group got in line behind us. Thank goodness we were ahead of them! It was actually fun for me because I got to feel like I had the inside scoop on Dole Whips. They weren't quite sure what a Dole Whip was, and didn't know that there were floats, just soft serve, etc. I explained everything and they were very grateful!

We both got floats with pineapple-vanilla twist. Yum!!!

Treats in hand, we basically sprinted to the hub to get ready for Wishes!!! (That was a good plan except that my Dole Whip started melting all over my hand!) Celebrate the Magic was just finishing up as we got to Casey's. We kept pushing forward until we were in the most amazing spot ever! We were in the neck of the hub, about half way between the partners statue and Casey's.

We were sad to miss the Celebrate the Magic but how much could we complain? Wishes was starting soon!

Even Dole Whips cause the Sarah smile!

The Princess is enjoying her treat!

I didn't take any pictures or video during Wishes. I just wanted to enjoy it and soak in all of the magic! Of course, I got a bit teary-eyed at points.
At one moment, I just looked back at Sarah and saw her face and almost lost it. Here we were, in Disney, just sisters together. It is a moment that I will remember for the rest of my life!

Main Street looks so pretty at night. It is almost like it takes on a new personality going from day to night.

To me, daytime Main Street is quaint and precious while nighttime Main Street is classic and glamorous!

After Wishes, we headed back towards Main Street. We were going to find a spot to camp out for the 11pm MSEP. I had the brilliant idea of sitting on the curb right by a trash can. With all of the crowds, I was worried that if we just sat down anywhere, we might get trampled. No one wants to run into a trashcan, so they diverted their path before running over us!

It was nice to just sit and rest our tired feet. I even caught up a bit on my trip journal. THEN we heard an announcement for the next showing of Celebrate the Magic!!!! I completely forgot that there was a later show!!!

We booked it, against the crowd, back to the hub.

Along the way, someone shouted at me, Youre going the wrong way!

Uhhh...no sir. Thanks for your concern, but you are leaving the Magic Kingdom. Clearly, YOU are going the wrong way!

We walked just past the partners statue and found a spot on the curb on the left hand side. The castle was RIGHT THERE. It was such a neat view!

Castle viewing location, as shown.

We didn't even have to stand to watch it. (Yay laziness) Everyone in the hub was just sitting and chilling.

I LOVED this show. There were so many characters!!! As a budding artist, Sarah loved the paintbrush transitions.

Cinderella!

Anybody lose their zebra? I think its hiding by the castle.

Time to grow up Simba!

Lanterns! Pretty!

I know what you are thinking. Those pictures are nice, but get to the best part of the show!

Oh, alright. If you insist.

Here she is!!!!!

I had NO IDEA that Pocahontas was a part of this show!!! I literally had a mini episode right there in the hub. I was in shock. It was the most amazing experience EVER.

There she was!! POCAHONTAS! ON THE CASTLE.

RIGHT THERE.

ON THE CASTLE.

Really???? SERIOUSLY???

IS THIS REAL LIFE????

AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Im okay. I promise. Im not completely crazy. (yet)

And, finally, the Mouse himself!

Post-show-castle-picture

After the show we went back to Main Street to find a spot to watch MSEP.

This time, we stopped right in front of Casey's. Seemed like a good spot!

Waiting for the parade to start!

Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter