It’s a “Wonder” I survived Trip Report: Day 7 – Epcot & Le Cellier

Pinky166

<font color=deeppink>a little on the OCD side<br><
The cast:
Me – Disney obsessed, Shopaholic & extremely clumsy…..
Lee (DH) – aka the Mad Hatter….

14th September 2009 = Day 7

Woke about 8am this morning, Lee wanted to use the internet so we had a relaxing morning in the room, well I say relaxing - Lee was on top form today….I don’t know how many times I was subjected to “Do the worm”. :rolleyes: He also decided that throwing rolled up socks at me was hilarious. Actually after about the first ten times of them bouncing off my head along with Lee giggling like a little girl I gave up trying to act mad at him and we ended up crying with laughter throwing socks at each other like two little
kids. :rotfl2:

Eventually we got ready to go out but first we rang Virgin again to see if his iTouch had been handed in but it hadn’t. :headache: We walked over to Hospitality House and got the bus to Epcot about midday.

We took some photos of Spaceship Earth and got a photopass pic taken.

Image255.jpg

Let me correct that I tried to take some photos of Spaceship Earth. :rolleyes:

I could tell it was going to be one of those days! ;)

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

Finally…….(although actually there are several more of Lee’s head but I’m sure you’ve got the idea!)

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

We went on Spaceship Earth, where Lee's face pulling continued.

IMG_0720.jpg

We then stopped to watch the fountain display…

IMG_0729.jpg

Then as we walked past Mousegear something strange happened….an invisible force pulled me in, I tried my best to get away but failed! :laughing:

I think it may have been something to do with this little green alien? :confused:

IMG_0731.jpg

Eventually we made it out with only one item purchased! :scared1: Although it was a cute pink mickey head collar for one of our pups. :love:

We had quite a few hours before our reservation at Le Cellier so got the boat over to Morrocco to continue around World Showcase from where we finished the other day, firstly stopping off for..…errr well I can’t call it breakfast or even brunch in the middle of the afternoon, so a snack I guess? in America, where we shared a funnel cake….YUM!

IMG_0732.jpg

It was a very humid day but the sky was looking a little overcast, we slowly mooched around the American pavilion and Italy…

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

Continued below....

It was then that we realised that time was getting on and we had better head back in the direction of Canada. We had a look around the shop in Japan and also stopped in the Plume Et Palette (the Perfume shop in France) as I wanted to get a perfume set that I spotted the other day, Very Irresistible by Givenchy. We still had a bit of time before our dinner reservation so we decided that an aperitif was in order so where better than the Rose & Crown. :) Lee had a pint of Stella and I opted for a Welsh Dragon…..in homage to my pal Jules (Saratogagirl) :lmao: ;)

Welsh Dragon: Peach schnapps, Melon liqueur, créme de Menthe, Orange Juice, and Pineapple Juice.

IMG_0737.jpg

Once we had finished our drinks we wondered over to Le Cellier and checked in, we were seated after ten minutes or so. To start Lee decided on Duck Three-Ways: Confit, Rillette, and Fleischnecke with Orange Gastrique. (No photos I’m afraid – I guess we forgot? :confused: ) I couldn’t resist having the famous Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - made with Moosehead Beer and Smoked Bacon…..perfect for dipping the lovely bread sticks in. :teeth: Lee had a coke & I had a Red Maple smoothie – which was raspberry & sprite, lovely and refreshing.

For the main course we both chose the Mushroom Filet Mignon - with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce. I had been worrying that this wouldn’t live up to my expectations as I first had it in December and loved it so I hoped that it wouldn’t disappoint…..which it didn’t! :yay: We both chose the Maple Crème Brulee for dessert. The meal was lovely the only slight disappoint was the service, our server totally forgot the side order of onion rings and generally it was extremely slow but we weren’t in a rush so no big deal. We used 1 x table service credit each and paid out of pocket for the starters + tip.

We left about 8pm, after deciding not to wait to watch Illuminations as my ankle was hurting. We got the bus back to OKW & relaxed watching tv for a few hours.

Coming up next…..A relaxing day, Narcoosee’s & a big surprise for Lee. ;)

Great day Claire and fab photos, that Welsh Dragon looks good:goodvibes

looks like a fab day :)
you two sound like my husband and i-chucking socks at each other :rotfl2:
its great to have a laugh.

the cocktail looks fab, did it taste good?;)

Just read all your trippie report. Poor you hurting your ankle.

Your DH seems to do the same silly things my DH does. You've just got to love them:lovestruc

Looking forward to reading more:thumbsup2

that funnel cake looks yummy, another great day :goodvibes

Hi Claire, :goodvibes, lovely day. Lee was funny and that drink looks delish.

:lmao: at Lee, he is so funny!! :rotfl2:

I was reading about that Welsh Dragon drink on the Restaurant board a couple of days ago and already decided I would like to try it. It looks so refreshing. :goodvibes

Oops, nearly forgot to say what a lovely relaxing day. I hope your ankle is feeling better tomorrow. :hug:

Mmm, I must give one of those Welsh Dragon's a try in homage to my Welshie friends

Another great day Claire, and fab pics too :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed Le Cellier again(apart from the service).
I am still yet to try a funnel cake-i like the look of them with the strawberry stuff :confused3 on top of them.
Great day Claire :thumbsup2.x.

Another lovely day. :)

The Welsh Dragon looks yummy, I must put that on my list for next time. :)

You know what, I am totally puzzled why I didn't comment on this day before!!! :confused3

OK, we're going to Le Cellier, right? And will there be time for a Welsh Dragon first so we can toast Julesy??

Bizarrely enough, I was only thinking about the perfume place in France this morning!!! Last time I popped in there, they had a gorgeous perfume that I kicked myself for not getting - guess we'll be stopping by in June...

PS: I pledge not to throw socks at you but can't promise about the hat wearing... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter