It’s a “Wonder” I survived Trip Report: Day 16 – Day at Sea, Palo’s Brunch & the Spa

Pinky166

<font color=deeppink>a little on the OCD side<br><
The Cast:

Me, 34 – Disney obsessed, Shopaholic & extremely clumsy!
Lee (DH), 35 – aka the Mad Hatter….

23rd September 2009 = Day 16

I got out of bed about 7am after a very restless nights sleep, my heat rash was itching like crazy all night. :headache: I sat out on the verandah just watching the sea, I found it very calming. Lee woke about an hour later and we lazed about watching the TV for a while before showering and getting ready for our brunch at Palo’s.

P1060299.jpg

Firstly we headed up to shutters to check out our photo’s, we couldn’t decide what to buy so we left it until later and went up to Palo’s. We were seated straight away and once again our server was Brendan. :laughing: Brendan took us over to the buffet and talked us through everything then got our drinks, an orange juice for Lee and a Mimosa for me.

We went up to the buffet and Lee got a plate of seafood, whilst I just had a roll. For the hot course, Lee had the Chicken Parmigiana with chicken risotto and I had a bacon, sausage, mushroom and onion frittata. (It was the lightest option, I was still full up from dinner last night!)

P1060336.jpg

(Sorry I had started to eat before I remembered to take a photo)

P1060335.jpg

Here are photos of the dessert selection at the buffet:

P1060338.jpg

P1060337.jpg

We got lots to share so we could try a bit of everything as we were so full up. :lmao:

P1060339.jpg

P1060340.jpg

P1060334.jpg

We also had two latte’s each during the meal. It was great value for $15 each + tip but next time I would try and have a bigger gap between the two meals!!!! I forgot to mention that Chris & Raylyn our table mates were in Palo’s for dinner at the same time as us the night before, they were also there for brunch two tables away from us. :laughing: We paid the bill and said our goodbyes to Brendan. We decided to go for a walk around the ship to walk off some of the food we had eaten and to take some photos.

The Atrium:

P1060321.jpg

The entrance to Tritions, where we would be eating this evening:

P1060343.jpg

P1060374.jpg

The staircase & details around the atrium:

P1060352.jpg

P1060353.jpg

P1060360.jpg

P1060367.jpg

P1060368.jpg

Continued below........

I love the little details that Disney does so well. Above the lifts:

P1060320.jpg

The huge mural behind the glass lifts:

P1060379.jpg

P1060380.jpg

We walked along to the Radar trap so I could collect my shopping from Castaway Cay, I love the Route 66 theme:

P1060302.jpg

P1060304.jpg

P1060305.jpg

P1060311.jpg

P1060309.jpg

We went up to Deck 4 as I wanted to buy a DCL photo frame, on the way back we walked past the cruise booking desk. The lady was dealing with another couple so we waited as I wanted to ask if she had any information on the newly announced Alaskan cruise. About ten minutes later we walked away with a dummy booking for our next DCL cruise!!! :woohoo: The dummy booking gave us the onboard 10% rebooking discount and all we needed to do was transfer it over to the Alaskan cruise once they started accepting bookings a few days later, which we did with ease once we got home. :yay:

We went back to our room and began to pack a few things. It was soon time for our 3.30pm Spa treatment, I had booked an Exotic Rasual treatment for us both. The only reason for booking this treatment was so we could have a mud fight! :lmao: We got changed into the bath robes and slippers provided, we were then told that they were waiting for an electrician to arrive as all the lights had gone off in the room we would be using. We were shown into the Rainforest room to wait, after about 20 minutes the lady came back to apologise and tell us that it was a wiring problem so wouldn’t be fixed anytime soon. We got changed and as were we leaving the Spa manager came over and gave us a big tub of the Elemis body scrub as compensation, which was a lovely gesture.

We went back to the room to figure out what to do instead, I wanted to go and sit out on Deck but I knew I couldn't as my legs were so swollen and red raw, being out in the sun would have made them a lot worse. :guilty: Lilo & Stitch was on the TV so we watched that for a while, I also filled in our customs forms, luggage labels and sorted out our tip envelopes. By then it was about 5pm so we showered and got dressed and headed off to see the “Disney Dreams” show. It was really good, I took a few photos but they are not very good as it was very dark and you’re not allowed to use the flash.

P1060406.jpg

P1060391.jpg

P1060395.jpg

P1060398.jpg

P1060434.jpg

After the show we went up to Shutters and bought some of our photos then quickly dropped them back at the room before making our way to Tritons for dinner. For dinner this evening Lee had Shrimps to start, I haven’t noted what they were served with though? I had a mushroom tart but left most of it as I didn’t like it. For main course Lee had lamb shank with polenta and I had beef tenderloin with mash, Lee had a Corona and I had a few glasses of Pinot Grigio. Dessert, Lee surprise surprise went for the Crème Brulee! :laughing: Whilst I had an Ice Cream Sundae, then we both had a café latte.

We had another lovely evening with Chris & Raylyn, it was Chris’s birthday yesterday (we were all at Palo’s) so we sneakily told Kate & Balwan, then during the meal lots of servers surrounded our table and we all sang Happy Birthday and they gave him a cake. Bless him, he was very embarrassed.

P1060445.jpg

This is Kate, our server, she was so lovely:

P1060447.jpg

Kate kindly took some photos of us with Chris & Raylyn, we swapped email addresses with them and made arrangements to meet up for breakfast in the morning before we disembark. We left the restaurant through a different door as they had blocked off the main entrance to the restaurant but as we walked around to the Atrium we realised why, it was the Farewell, we had missed some of it but saw Christian and all the characters who were lining the stairwell, then they released lots of Mickey head sprinkles over us all.

P1060450.jpg

P1060454.jpg

We went back to our room and were met with this little fella on our bed and also the items that I had asked to be signed by all the characters had been returned and placed on the bed.

IMG_2142-1.jpg

We finished up the packing and put our luggage out for collection just before 11pm. Before going to bed very sad that the cruise was over. Roll on 2011!!!!!

Coming soon – Day 17 = Saying goodbye to the Wonder, Hello to the Poly & Hot Chocolate or NOT Chocolate????

What a lovely day at sea Claire, though it's a shame you couldn't enjoy the sun too

Thanks for the pics from Palo, I can dream about those little glasses of Tiramisu (Mmm) and what better way to start the day than with a glass of Mimosa ::yes::

It's a shame your cruise trippy is coming to an end, I've really enjoyed reading them, though I look forward to seeing your Poly photos :thumbsup2

Another lovely day, Claire - tho' it's a shame about your prickly heat. I hope it won't be too much of a problem in June, hun... :hug:

And I've just noticed the date of this instalment - September 23rd, my Wedding Anniversary!!! :lovestruc And 2 years before, Richard & I were on the Magic enjoying our first - wait for it - Palo Brunch!!!! Spooky huh....? :rolleyes: OK not that much...

IMO the trick with brunch is to pace yourself!!! Last year, on our 4th attempt :eek: , we felt we got it just about right and were able to try most things without feeling we were about to explode!!! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: I think we ate lightly at Topsiders (Beach Blanket Buffet) the night before, rather than in one of the dining rooms and that helped... :goodvibes

Fab pics - the ones of the ship are beautiful... I never get tired of just wandering around and enjoying the ambience... :cloud9:

What a lovely day at sea Claire, though it's a shame you couldn't enjoy the sun too

Thanks for the pics from Palo, I can dream about those little glasses of Tiramisu (Mmm) and what better way to start the day than with a glass of Mimosa ::yes::

It's a shame your cruise trippy is coming to an end, I've really enjoyed reading them, though I look forward to seeing your Poly photos :thumbsup2

Thanks Mandy, It has cheered me up thinking back about the cruise.

Hopefully i'll have the first Poly one up tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Another lovely day, Claire - tho' it's a shame about your prickly heat. I hope it won't be too much of a problem in June, hun... :hug:

And I've just noticed the date of this instalment - September 23rd, my Wedding Anniversary!!! :lovestruc And 2 years before, Richard & I were on the Magic enjoying our first - wait for it - Palo Brunch!!!! Spooky huh....? :rolleyes: OK not that much...

IMO the trick with brunch is to pace yourself!!! Last year, on our 4th attempt :eek: , we felt we got it just about right and were able to try most things without feeling we were about to explode!!! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: I think we ate lightly at Topsiders (Beach Blanket Buffet) the night before, rather than in one of the dining rooms and that helped... :goodvibes

Fab pics - the ones of the ship are beautiful... I never get tired of just wandering around and enjoying the ambience... :cloud9:

Yeah I was thinking about that earlier as it is going to be hot hot hot in June! Mind you it was worse as i'd run out of tablets and cream, plus the fact my ankle was swollen from falling over which didn't help. Don't worry i'll take a case full of tablets and creams, one things for sure it won't stop my cocktail intake. :lmao:

Oh that is spooky! Yes I think eating a Palo's twice within just over 12 hours was the main issue! :rotfl:

Great update! :)

I wasn't aware of the Alaskan cruise, that sounds very interesting. :thumbsup2

Thanks. You should have a look on DCL's site. :thumbsup2

I am so sad the Cruise is over aswell :(

But Roll on the next one! :)

Sorry Em, me too. :sad1: Look on the bright side they'll be two cruise reports next year. ;)

In fact this time next year I will be on the first DREAM cruise!!! :woohoo:

Great report, you've got some lovely photos of the ship there. :)

I've really enjoyed reading your report about the cruise, and I definately want to add it to my list of must do's. Just got to let my babies grow up a bit and finish my teaching course, then I am there. :)

Can't wait to hear about the Poly. :)

:thumbsup2 awesome trippie so far! cannot wait to hear about The Poly! :cool1::cool1:

Well that settles it I MUST go to Palo for brunch on my birthday! I love the little Tiramisu glasses, they look really cute. :thumbsup2

The guy in your photo who is prince charming was sat next to us a Palo's.

another "wonder" ful day, Claire. I love all your photos and the brunch at Palo lookes divine. I must remind myself not to eat too much the night before booking this! I am really looking forward to Palo, having missed it on our last cruise. Sorry you didn't get the Rasul treatment in the end.

Another brilliant day and your photos of the desserts make them look so yummy. Sorry to hear about your heat rash, in this day and age you'd think that they could find a cure, but I really feel for you.

Looking forward to the next day

Tina

What a brilliant day Claire, Brunch looks great, shame about your spa treatment, fantastic photos:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter