It’s a “Wonder” I survived: Day 8 – Relaxing, Narcoosee’s & a surprise for Lee

Pinky166

<font color=deeppink>a little on the OCD side<br><
The cast:

Me – Disney obsessed, Shopaholic & extremely clumsy!
Lee (DH) – aka the Mad Hatter….

15th September 2009 = Day 8

Today was all about relaxing and I certainly managed that as I didn’t wake up until 10am!!!! :eek: As we were away for three weeks I knew we would have to do some laundry at some point, so I sorted the clothes out and we headed down to the nearest laundry room by one of the small pools on Millers Road.

We put the laundry on and Lee waited on the sun loungers reading his book whilst I went up to the resort shop to see if I could get some cream & more antihistamine tablets as I was running low. My prickly heat rash was driving me crazy, really swollen & itchy, unfortunately they didn’t have anything in the shop. Whilst I was there I picked up some more of my shopping and dropped it off back at the room, then changed into my swimming costume and grabbed my book, sun cream etc and went back to the pool.

We both went for a swim, it was lovely and quiet only a handful of people sunbathing. We stayed at the pool for a few hours, it was nice and relaxing even though I had to sit in the shade. :rolleyes:

We collected the clothes and went back to the room about 3pm, we ironed a few bits that we wanted to wear for dinner then got showered and changed. I drove over to the Grand Floridian and we arrived for our 6pm reservation at Narcoosee’s right on time.

P1050892.jpg

We were seated with a fantastic view of Cinderella’s castle…..I mentioned to Lee when we sat down that it was such a shame our reservation was so early as tonight was a MNSSHP so the fireworks weren’t until 9.30pm & we had the perfect spot to watch it.....Oh well.

We had a lovely server called Chevy, he was very polite & efficient. We ordered our drinks a coke for me & a Raspberry Mojito for Lee (which I drank :laughing:) we decided to skip the starters as there wasn’t really anything I fancied on the menu. For main course Lee ordered the Surf and Turf: twin medallions of filet mignon, butter poached rock lobster tail, potato gratin with choron sauce and broccolini.

P1050900.jpg

I opted for the Grilled Filet Mignon but with fries as I didn’t fancy the potato gratin, however Lee kept telling me how lovely it was so I tasted it and wished I had that instead, it was yummy! Never mind there is always next time.

P1050899.jpg

Both main courses were very nice. For dessert Lee decided on the Key Lime Creme Brulee but for some reason I haven’t got a piccie – anyway I guess if you’ve seen one crème brulee then you’ve seen them all. :lmao:

I think I was too busy drooling over my dessert, I went with the same thing I had in December – Almond crusted Cheesecake with lambert cherry sauce….which was once again just devine!

P1050901.jpg

After dessert we decided to have a coffee. Lee opted for his usual caffeine fix of Café Mocha whilst I decided to try a Nut Cracker- which was coffee mixed with Baileys & Vodka with whipped cream on top, it was ok but not sure I’d have it again with Vodka in.

P1050902.jpg

Whilst we were drinking our coffee Lee mentioned again about how lovely it would be to watch the fireworks from our table so I decided that it was the perfect time to spring my surprise on him….I had managed to book a Wishes Fireworks cruise, he was so surprised and excited. :banana:

We finished up & paid the bill – 2x Table Service credits each + drinks + tip. We had a while before we needed to go over to the marina so we had a look around the lobby and in the gift shops. I just love the chandeliers in the lobby….

P1050907.jpg

A closer look…..

P1050912.jpg

We then sat for a while listening to the live band in the lobby before heading down to the Marina. Our skipper (David) was waiting for us, he said we could go out early as he was ready so we boarded the boat and he took us all around Seven Seas Lagoon telling us lots of interesting facts.

I will admit now that stupidly I had neglected to bring both the video recorder & our DSLR so we haven’t got any decent photos only a few very blurry one’s using our little point & shoot, however in hindsight I am really glad that I forgot to bring them as we both just sat back & relaxed rather than one of us taking pics & the other filming which is what normally happens at every show/parade/fireworks etc.

Here is the style of boat you go on (this was taken at the Poly later in the trip as we forgot to take one on the night)....

IMG_2195.jpg

During our trip around Seven Seas Lagoon our skipper had a call from his boss asking if we had ordered anything from room service from the Contemporary?

I sheepishly realised they were referring to the little gift I had ordered for Lee but I had ordered it from the wrong resort!!! :blush: Oops! It wasn’t a problem as we were right by the Contemporary anyway so we swung by the marina where they were waiting for us with these….

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

(Photos were taken later when we got back to OKW)

They are hand painted White Chocolate statues & came in a box along with a card i'd requested thanking Lee for 17 magical years together. :lovestruc We currently have them on the side in our kitchen – it was a pain getting them home in one piece but worth it, they are just too cute to eat.

P1050913.jpg

P1050920.jpg

After our little detour we came back round in front of the Grand Floridian for a very up close & personal view of the Electric Water Pageant…..

P1050932.jpg

Once the EWP finished we headed into position in front of Magic Kingdom. I was very lucky to secure our cruise on a MNSSHP night which I am sure made it even more magical as the fireworks were AWESOME!

P1050914.jpg

This is a very bad photo (bobbing up & down on a boat & taking firework photos is not a good mix) but gives you some perspective of the view we had….

P1050934.jpg

It is absolutely impossible to describe how magical it was to be sat in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon watching the best firework display I have ever seen snuggled up with the love of my life. It was incredible & so romantic. :love: :cloud9:

I will admit it’s not cheap. $319 + tip but it was worth every single $! It was Lee’s highlight of the whole trip (probably mine too) & we will never forget it.

After HalloWishes the boat docked back at the Grand Floridian, we walked back to the car & were back to OKW by about 10.30pm. We were both buzzing from such a wonderful day!

Coming next……Seaworld & Yachtsmen Steakhouse

Such a lovely relaxing day!!! IKWYM about taking the photos - sometimes it's just nice to enjoy the moment... :cloud9:

And your dinner looks divine!!! :worship: Please Miss, is Narcoossees on our list...?

I have been waiting patiently as been a little while since the last one ....... sounds like a perfect evening ......... meal sounds lovely and how romantic on the wishes cruise ........ just perfect :goodvibes

That must have been so romantic out on the water with the fireworks.

:lovestruc So lovely!!! more more more... xx i wanna see a pic of the worm lool

Just caught up finally with all your days and I feel so bad for you with your foot. :hug: and the handbag :sad1:

Love your photos they are really great also loving all your shopping pics. :) Can't wait to read more. The wishes cruise looks great.

Awwwwwwwwww so romantic :love:.The fillet's looked sooooo yummy.
So,so happy that Lee enjoyed his suprise,the choc figures actually look like figurines to me.x.

What a lovely surprise for Lee, and what a lovely memory for you both, the cruise sounds lovely. :)

The chocolate statues are really cute too. :)

what an amazing evening. such disney perfection

susan

We did the cruise for our wedding anniversary and you are right - it is a lovely, romantic way of spending an evening (and definately the right time to leave the cameras at home :thumbsup2)

Food looked amazing too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter