ISO - Your fav. Homemade gifts and / or In-a-Jar recipes

Belle0101

Nothing to see here.
I want to have a more old-fashioned Christmas this year. We don't have a huge list, just about 20 or so people we trade gifts with. I figure if I start planning early enough then I shouldn't get too overwhelmed. Famous last words right?

I found a site (then forgot it) on making bath salts, thought that might be nice for the ladies.

What about gifts for men?

Any ideas you have will be very much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Folks that I know are accustomed to getting gifts-in-a-jar so it's kinda getting boring. :blush:

I'm making decoupaged/altered lunchboxes (with images of their fave characters or singing groups) and some juicebox purses for the kids on my list.

For teachers we are making reindeer or Mrs Santa Claus gift jars using fluted vases from the $1 store, decorating them, and filling them up with goodies.

For my Junior and Cadet Girl Scouts we are having a Holiday Workshop and making decoupaged votive holders using small votive holders and tissue paper, decorated picture frames, and crafts using recycled CDs and CD holders.

For some of the men in my life I am making candy wreaths, personalized calendars, journals (handsewn book covers for comp notebooks), and other stuff I learned from the forums at craftster.org .

HTH

The only jars I did last year were for the kids' teachers. It was a mix for Alphabet Soup, and it used multi-colored ABC pasta that was SO cute! I made up the mix as usual, with the cover and recipe attached, and the card from the kids said "Thank you for teaching me my ABC's!"

This year, the only craft on my list so far is scrapbooked calendars for both grandmothers :) They'll be small, desk-sized ones, so manageable to get 2 scrapped ones done before the holidays :)

Looking forward to others' ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter