Islander Taxi Service in St Thomas

RobinN

Earning My Ears
Has anyone used Islander Taxi Service while in St Thomas? On their website site they have a Shores & Stores tour for $35 per person. I'm traveling with my DD (20) and her BF (21). We're doing the rhino rider/snokeling excursion in St Marteen; so we didn't really see anything offered through Port Adventures that we wanted to do.

My DD doesn't want to just try getting a taxi on our own. So, I thought perhaps a tour like this would make her feel more at ease. But I wanted to check here to see if anyone had used them before I booked the tour. As always, I appreciate any and all insight that I get. Thanks a bunch.

Robin

Has anyone used Islander Taxi Service while in St Thomas? On their website site they have a Shores & Stores tour for $35 per person. I'm traveling with my DD (20) and her BF (21). We're doing the rhino rider/snokeling excursion in St Marteen; so we didn't really see anything offered through Port Adventures that we wanted to do.

My DD doesn't want to just try getting a taxi on our own. So, I thought perhaps a tour like this would make her feel more at ease. But I wanted to check here to see if anyone had used them before I booked the tour. As always, I appreciate any and all insight that I get. Thanks a bunch.

Robin

Yes! We did this tour in March. DH is going to be writing a blog post about our experience soon. We loved it. FYI - minimum of 10 people needed to book it. We had 11 & came up with the other folks by reaching out on our DIS meet thread.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We used them a few weeks ago, we set up a private taxi with them to take us to St. John. He was there waiting for us with our name printed on a sign as soon as we walked out of gates. And he was waiting for us when we got back from St. John. We will definitely use them next time.

We used them a few weeks ago, we set up a private taxi with them to take us to St. John. He was there waiting for us with our name printed on a sign as soon as we walked out of gates. And he was waiting for us when we got back from St. John. We will definitely use them next time.

And we plan on setting this up for our Eastern to go to St John ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. I now have the reassurance needed to book with them. I'm sure my DD will be relieved since she was never a fan of just trying to hail a taxi. Take Care Everybody.

Robin

Alvin and Islander Taxi are the best! We used them to get to Red Hook for the ferry to St. John. We were off the boat at 7:40 and he got us there in time to catch the 8 am ferry. No small feat! He also arranged transportation for us on St. John. Highly recommended!

I was on another cruise line in April and missed my shore excursion in St. Thomas (totally my fault) and was stuck with DS (7) and DD (3) alone as my DH was on a Scuba excursion. I went to guest services and they gave me advice to take a cab to a near by beach. Plenty of new and clean cabs right on the dock. Hopped in, took about a 10 minute ride and got a little island history from the very nice driver. Plenty of cabs to get back too. I have no idea what company it was though. I really didn't give it a second thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter