Is Walt Disney World going to 100% security screenings at the parks?

No but my point is he might not have been motivated by Isis. The info coming in on the event is still very fluid. Some reports say he was a regular at the night club and that he was on gay dating sites. We don't know the full story. I just feel everyone is quick to associate an Islamic man with extremism and Isis.

He was a nut that was angry for some reason and massacred a bunch of people.

Start there first...how does THAT not become common place?

But no...first instinct is to tie it to geopolitics...shameful, but predictable.

Good grief what? Personally I think Reverand Al is the gold standard in reporting. Ymmv.

MG

I'm not advocating one type of fake news over another...just acknowledging that it is in FACT fake.

Sorry...if you spend 10 years trying to justify a wag the dog war that caused a massive load of problems we will have to deal with likely forever...you're voted off the island.

People should simply gather facts and try to assess them to the best of their ability...never take opinion as more than just wind for ratings and dollars...

That is all it is.

I'm not advocating one type of fake news over another...just acknowledging that it is in FACT fake.

Sorry...if you spend 10 years trying to justify a wag the dog war that caused a massive load of problems we will have to deal with likely forever...you're voted off the island.

People should simply gather facts and try to assess them to the best of their ability...never take opinion as more than just wind for ratings and dollars...

That is all it is.
I agree, and I don't.

MG

Disagree.

..because living in fear and altering life is EXACTLY how we all lose.

Still feel that way today...felt that way two Hours ago before the "Disney link" was revealed...felt that way last week.

Speaking of...I can only imagine how unhappy a certain company is that their name is all over the news right now with inference. Oh boy...somebody is getting some nasty calls right now.

..because living in fear and altering life is EXACTLY how we all lose.

Still feel that way today...felt that way two Hours ago before the "Disney link" was revealed...felt that way last week.

Speaking of...I can only imagine how unhappy a certain company is that their name is all over the news right now with inference. Oh boy...somebody is getting some nasty calls right now.

What I don't agree with is its "completely unecessay ", not saying you have to agree.

Nobody has mentioned this. But does anyone find it odd that this guy cased WDW in the "past few months" while Disney decided to put up metal detectors overnight a few months ago? The head of Disney security is a former Assistant Director for the FBI.

There is a little more to what Diseny did behind the scenes at the time that I will not go into. But, I do find the timeframes to be a little more than coincidence.

Nobody has mentioned this. But does anyone find it odd that this guy cased WDW in the "past few months" while Disney decided to put up metal detectors overnight a few months ago? The head of Disney security is a former Assistant Director for the FBI.

There is a little more to what Diseny did behind the scenes at the time that I will not go into. But, I do find the timeframes to be a little more than coincidence.
Disney has had metal detectors since December 2015. The guy cased Disney springs in April according to reports. I don't see a correlation there.

Disney has had metal detectors since December 2015. The guy cased Disney springs in April according to reports. I don't see a correlation there.

Understood. But keep in mind he was on the FBI's radar for a lot longer than that. Just because his wife said April, he visited before that I'm sure. Not saying it's definitely related. Just something that crossed my mind is all.

I just cant understand why people want to argue over the security measures. I'm retired Military and I still work on a military base. I see security everyday. Its just a part of the world we now live in. If you have a problem going through the procedures that are put in place at the parks then you shouldn't go . I don't feel safe being in line with someone that argues the point. Its only for your safety......... Simple as that.
Just my opinion. better safe than sorry.......................

136 Days 2 Hours 42 minutes till I go through the metal detector again and smile because they are looking out for us...................................

Thank you for this. Well stated.

Well, if its anything like the metal detectors at MCO. I don't want them. I somehow put it off by wearing a bra and the clasp on the bra set it off (or at least I'm pretty sure it did. The officer was feeling it up for awhile there.)

We are scheduled to leave this sunday so I spoke to guest services yesterday about security, and they told me NO ONE was armed, not even the police on disney grounds...

And the truth is if what if someone gave up to line with suicide vest ? people are looking for guns and the obvious, but no one is really thinking outside of the box on this IMHO....

All I can say is that you got innacurate information.

We are scheduled to leave this sunday so I spoke to guest services yesterday about security, and they told me NO ONE was armed, not even the police on disney grounds...

And the truth is if what if someone gave up to line with suicide vest ? people are looking for guns and the obvious, but no one is really thinking outside of the box on this IMHO....
I don't believe for a minute that the police are unarmed at Disney World. Police carry their arms everywhere.

Why would Disney tell a random caller their security details, anyway? That would compromise security just as much as anything else.

I don't believe your post. You should realize that with such a small number of posts, you will be suspected of being a troll, while spreading such controversial "information".

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter