Is this to much? epcot morning HS afternoon

zlah31

Earning My Ears
Little background - I'm going with Dh, Dd (3.5) and ds(almost 2) in November. We will have park hoppers due to free dining. We won't have a full day for just epcot. So I was thinking on HS day we could go to epoxy for 1.5-2 hours then hop over to HS for disney Jr hollywood vine lunch.
In that time frame is it easy enough to get nemo, turtle talk, and living with the land areas done? Would like to do rider swap on maybe soarin or test track. Not both and not necessary.We will take our AK day to kind of explore world showcase.

Then at HS I'm hoping to do disney sho, frozen, Indiana Jones AND beauty and beast. We will also stay for fantasmic is this feasible? Since we had to get park hoppers I'm excited to try a little epoxy for DH who has never been.

We did the opposite on our last trip. We went to HS in the morning-saw Disney Jr Live on Stage, met some characters, then had lunch at Hollywood & Vine. Left around 2 and went to Epcot for the rest of the day. You should be able to do Nemo, Turtle Talk, and Living with the Land done in a couple of hours. I would go right when they open, see what you want to see, then head to HS-maybe schedule a later lunch. I would say Fantasmic would depend on how the kids are doing by that time.

We like going the other way also. Studios for EMH then hop over to the IG and enter EPCOT around 11:30ish. There is much more to do at EPCOT than HS and with kids that young there are several nice places to just relax and let the kids rest (nap in the stroller) at EPCOT WS. Since you did not say when in November you will be at the World, Food and Wine continues through the 16th this year and I think you may enjoy that more in the afternoon time frame than in the morning.

We're (I hope!) going in September and also going the opposite way: AK one morning then Epcot pm, and HS one morning and Epcot pm. We really love hanging out in World Showcase in the afternoons/evenings, and if we get to AK and HS by rope drop (and our current plan has us at AK on an EMH day as well), we can do the things we really want to do there by noon and spend the rest of those two days at Epcot.

There is much more to do at EPCOT than HS
I would respectfully disagree, but this is a debate we have in our family on a regular basis. Wife loves Epcot and hates HS...I love HS and could easily spend a full day there, even in its current condition. Any love I have for Epcot in its own current condition is mostly focused on dining options.

With kids at 3.5 and 2, I think a half day at each is pretty easy to work, whichever way you want to approach it. I'd probably get Fastpasses for HS in the afternoon and do what OP was suggesting in the morning -- i.e., Nemo, Crush and Living with the Land. If there at rope drop, you'd also have a good chance at Soarin' or Test Track without too much of a wait.

Thanks everyone for the great advice! I've been before several times but it's been almost 5 years and this is my first time planning a trip myself and with little kids in tow its a whole new approach!
Really appreciate all of your thoughts.

Thanks everyone for the great advice! I've been before several times but it's been almost 5 years and this is my first time planning a trip myself and with little kids in tow its a whole new approach!
Really appreciate all of your thoughts.

LOL! It sure is different isn't it? I have to say that DHS was one of my DGD's favorite parks. She was a character junkie though, and we happily indulged her. I loe Epcot, as she did then too, but having to make a choice, she would have been happier in DHS.

LOL! It sure is different isn't it? I have to say that DHS was one of my DGD's favorite parks. She was a character junkie though, and we happily indulged her. I loe Epcot, as she did then too, but having to make a choice, she would have been happier in DHS.

Yes so different! I know a lot will change based on how much they love or hate characters. I'm willing yo wait and use FP if they love them but not if they don't care. Either way I'm getting so excited to enjoy my little ones at Disney!

I'm in same boat , while we could do full day at HS I don't want to. We go every year or every other year and all the shows are played out to me except Fantasmic, still my fav show in all of Disney after FOLK.
Not to fam though. I just want to show up for our 2pm Fantasmic Lunch Package and spend the rest of the day there, doing Epcot future world in the morning. I have Epcot figured out, any advice on HS for the afternoon after our 2pm lunch?

Kids 11, 8 and 5

Little background - I'm going with Dh, Dd (3.5) and ds(almost 2) in November. We will have park hoppers due to free dining. We won't have a full day for just epcot. So I was thinking on HS day we could go to epoxy for 1.5-2 hours then hop over to HS for disney Jr hollywood vine lunch.
In that time frame is it easy enough to get nemo, turtle talk, and living with the land areas done? Would like to do rider swap on maybe soarin or test track. Not both and not necessary.We will take our AK day to kind of explore world showcase.

Then at HS I'm hoping to do disney sho, frozen, Indiana Jones AND beauty and beast. We will also stay for fantasmic is this feasible? Since we had to get park hoppers I'm excited to try a little epoxy for DH who has never been.

Can't speak to whether you can get all the stuff done in DHS. Not my fave park, and I do know scheduling show after show can be difficult due to non-compatible start and end times. It looks like a manageable list though. :goodvibes Your daughter will probably like Voyage of the Little Mermaid too.

I do think you can get those Epcot activities done in the morning. We do Test Track, Soarin, Figment, some Innoventions, Club Cool, quick breakfast at Sunshine Seasons, and we're always ready to enter WS when it opens at 11:00. So you can get a lot done in 2 hours in FW.

Also, I love how your phone or computer is correcting Epcot to Epoxy. :laughing: Never seen that one ....

Make a long day of it. Hit HS with EMH then walk to boardwalk for lunch. After lunch then walk over to Epcot to finish the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter