Is this normal....

DH and I have no children. We have cruised with Disney approximately 15 times.

We are leaving on the 7th of May to get on the Disney Fantasy again, on the 9th, this time for THREE WEEKS. Yes, you all read that right. We are doing back to back to back 7 day cruises, three of them for a total of 21 glorious, fun filled, relaxing (it is possible to do that on a ship full of sugar overloaded children...hahaha), spa treatment, (Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my wonderful facials and massages....), Gastronomically delightful Palo meals and soaking in the Caribbean Sun and and the joys of satellite Falls, the Fantasy' s best kept ADULT ONLY secret. No kids are ever allowed up there for a dip in the wonderful adult water "play area".

There are so many fun adult activities and the ports are funfilled places for adults. Just think of doing some Caribbean shopping in a port without your children for a moment. The freedom of shopping at YOUR leisure, not the pace of your children. I would highly recommend an adult only cruise. You and hubby will love it so much, you may never bring the kids again after that family cruise you already have scheduled...hahaha...just kidding.

But you will find it a whole different experience without having to be responsible for your kids while you cruise and someone takes care of them for you. When you do your family cruise, you will be responsible for your kids and cannot expect the crew to watch them for you. Of course, you may never see them IF they are in the kid's clubs. I have heard kids NEVER want to leave the kid's clubs....

Go ahead, indulge, and enjoy yourselves....you will love it!!!

I like the fact that they are adding the satellite waterfalls on the Dream as well in october... One more section developped for adults, yay!!!!

I like the fact that they are adding the satellite waterfalls on the Dream as well in october... One more section developped for adults, yay!!!!

Yeah, I'm excited this will be done before we go on the Dream on new year's eve. (I'm equally excited to check out the new Millennium Falcon section in the kids' club.)

Thanks so much for making me feel like its just fine to go on a Disney without kids also. I'm a highly stressed person and my husband is opposite and why I want to see/experience it first hand before we do with DD and DS. We also are going to a different location (with kids on a 7-day to Caribbean, just us will be to Bahamas and it looks like I am leaning towards the 4 day on the Dream since that will be closer to what Fantasy will feel like). So appreciate the comments!

Been on 32 DCL cruises with SEVERAL of those just my husband and I. Perfectly acceptable for adults to do Disney alone....I just got back last night from 4 days at WDW by myself and loved it!!!

MJ

Wanting to cruise is totally normal. LOL. Cruising with family and cruising as a couple are very different experiences. Last year we did a cruise (not Disney) without DD and loved every second of it. Except when I was feeling guilty for not missing my DD as much as a good mother should. :rolleyes1 We ended up in a position to take a second vacation that year and ended up going on a cheap cruise with DD, so we got best of both worlds. We went on different cruise lines and ships so we did not really scope everything out on the first cruise, but we did get a chance to focus on ourselves and each other.

When you do a family cruise, (usually) it is going to be a lot about your kids. I would imagine that you may do some things as a couple and alone, but there will be family things that you do that you might not otherwise do. Or something that you want to do that conflicts with something your kids want to do. So if you do the couples one first, you can do all those things you really want to do. ANd then when you go on the family cruise you can focus on some of the things that they want to do without feeling like you are missing anything.

As far as DCL without kids, I am sure there are plenty of people that do it. DH and I went to WDW one time, as adults, before kids. I absolutely love Disney and anything related to it. And I know there are others like me... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter