Is this normal for DU ??

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jpoeling, Mar 17, 2009.

1. jpoeling

jpoeling Earning My Ears

Okay I need help here. I found this forum several weeks ago and decided that I should use DU and transfer my reservation for my May 30th Cruise. Everyone here had nothing but great things to say DU. Okay so last week I was peeking through some of the treads and saw that the price of the cruise had gone down considerably. So I went on to the Disney web site and saw that my cruise had gone down over 1200.00 (not including my rebooking discount of 10%) so I immediately called DU and could not get through to a person. So I emailed 2 times with no response. Yesterday I posted a thread that I needed help getting to the right person it was suggested that I email John at DU. I have done that now and still no answer. What I need to know is am I doing something wrong or is this normal.

My understanding with DU is that they are looking for the best deal for me but right now I am not so sure. Does it matter now that I have paid in full for this trip. Do I no longer matter since they have my money?

If any one can give me advice I would really appreciate it.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Happy99

Happy99 DIS Veteran

I can't help you with DU but have you checked your junk mail folder?

Also what cruise date are you on that your price dropped. This is unsual for Disney but have seen it happen a couple of times in the last month

4. tm2924

tm2924 Mouseketeer

I emailed DU yesterday about our cruise and got a response within about 6 hrs. I bet the junk mail folder ate the e-mails.

5. brucechase

brucechase DIS Veteran

Completely off subject, but if you are on the May 30 cruise, come on over to our meet thread and get to know us.

6. jpoeling

jpoeling Earning My Ears

I have specifically been checking my junk mail and still nothing. I am on the May 30th Western cruise.

7. dta87

dta87 DIS Veteran

All of my queries have been answered within 3-6 hours with most of them being less than an hour. So your situation seems very unusual to me.

8. jpoeling

jpoeling Earning My Ears

Bruce !!! I just found you on the meet thread. OH my gosh you guys are soo cool. My Husband is an engineer too, I have an 11 yo dd and a 6yo dd. I am trying to figure out this whole FE thing is and if we should get involved? where are you from? we are in Colorado. How fun is this dis board, way cooler than facebook!!!

9. jpoeling

jpoeling Earning My Ears

I am on the May 30th cruise. I am begining to think this computer has it in for me.

10. brucechase

brucechase DIS Veteran

Check your PM

I think you need to hit 10 post to PM so a couple more and you can PM me back with questions.

11. brucechase

brucechase DIS Veteran

Lots of kids there are the same age as yours. We also have several people from CO. I suggest doing the FE because it is fun. Look at my trip report in my signature for some good info from last time.

12. disneynewbee

disneynewbee DIS Veteran

Both me and my mother have reservations with DU. I have had to resend an email once for each of us to DU after not recieving a response. After the second email we both got replys. :confused3

13. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Actually, this corresponds quite well with my experience. I had to e-mail webmaster John to get things accomplished.

14. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

This has not been my experience at all. I did PM WebmasterJohn this thread, as I do not think he has seen it. I hope it all gets straightened out quickly.

15. jpoeling

jpoeling Earning My Ears

Thank you so much I have not been sure what to do. Everyone basically said this is a great company to work with I am just assuming it is just one of those quirky things that happen from time to time. Thanks again

16. cmhand30

cmhand30 Princess & The Lost Boys

I have close to the same problem.
    I e-mail my agent at DU and don't hear from her for more than 24 hours often about 36 hours. I often have to send 3 e-mails to get her attention or send the e-mails to the DU general address. I will not be booking with them again. I will go back to my other agent or back to disney.

I check my cruise on dcl almost daily if not twice a day. I caught our cruise drop below my rate one night and by the next afternoon it was back up. Do you think my agent got back in touch with me in time? I had to let her know that dcl changed my dining time. Not good service if you ask me.

17. mumom95

mumom95 DIS Veteran

I haven't been happy with my DU service either. It has taken a few days for them to get back with me on a couple of my emails. Which weren't any huge deal, because the issues weren't time sensitive. But I just kept thinking what problems it would have caused if it had been time sensitive.

I don't like not being able to talk to someone, so I don't think I'll be using them again.

18. WebmasterJohn

WebmasterJohn Genius Administrator

Hey Folks

Just got back from recording this weeks podcast and just saw this thread.

If anyone is having an issue with Dreams Unlimited Travel I welcome the opportunity to try to help. Please feel free to email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Thanks
    John

19. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

20. jpoeling

jpoeling Earning My Ears

Please check the link from lbgraves. I have heard so many good things about DU. I really believe this was just a fluke thing. the link shows how they resolved my problem and I am very please. not just about the $$ cause that is great but because Kelsie really was concerned about it not being taken care of immediately.

21. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

I transferred my booking for both my planned cruises to DU despite the fact that I have sworn in the past that I would never use a travel agent again and they have been amazing. On Sunday I sent them an email to have a request for a certain dinner rotation added to my reservation and also to amend my transfer arrangements. I did not really expect a reply until Monday the earliest, but within the hour I had an email back advising that they have done what I requested.

dolphingirl47