Is this good counter food?

bigsky

<font color=teal>4 by land, and<br><font color=dar
I've been reading about counter services to eat at. These are some I've been recommended. What do you think? Would you add any? I want inexpensive.

MK- Pinochio's Village Haus
MGM- ABC Commissionary
Epcot- Sunshine Season Food court

We won't be there long and we'll be packing lunches and snacks in. Wanted to eat at counter service for dinners and do a few desserts. One at Sci-Fi.

Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Thanks,
Laura

Originally posted by Dolphin_Girl008
Comsic Ray at the MK is good too.:D

I second Cosmic Rays at MK
I have eaten at Pinochio's Village Haus once at it was not good in any sense of the word. But then again my tastes may be different than yours, they may have revamped their foods since then, had a bad day that day...whatever.
The other two selections you mentioned I have eaten more than once and have good results...Sunshine Season Food Fair has a pretty decent selection of food.

Cosmic Rays and Pecos Bills are both very good at MK. Tusker House is great at AK. In Epcot we like the counter food in Germany. Try the smoked ham sandwhich on pretzel bread. We did not find good counter food at MGM.

It might depend on the needs of your group. I liked Pinnochio's Village Haus for the variety of the menu and the choices of kids' meals. While I loved my big juicy burger that I bought at Cosmic Ray's, I was quite disappointed that the corndog nuggets was the only kid meal option in the whole place (Ray's has a chicken and soup/salad counter as well as burgers). I thought that a place that specialized in burgers would have offered a kid size burger as well. So we had to buy the 3 year old a whole adult burger for himself. Plus they didn't have a child size milk or juice at Ray's, just child size soft drinks. The child's meal ended up being more expensive than the adult meal we purchased! But the food at Ray's IS really good!

Our favorite counter service place in the MK is Pecos Bill's. Large portions of fries that can easily be shared.

There is one counter service in MK near the LTT but I forgot the name. They serve chowder in a bread bowl. Sorry I can't remember the name for some reason.

Columbia Harbor House has a real cute room upstairs to eat at, overlooks the walkway from Fantasyland to Liberty Square, a nice place to unwind. I actually just went in there to rest in the a/c and people watch.

Epcot there are a lot of great counter service places around World Showcase, just about one in every country. We like Mexico, UK for fish and chips, Norway and France for dessert.

MGM - always wanted to try ABC Commissary, the menu looks interesting.

I'll give another vote for Cosmic Rays! :)

I ate at ABC Commissary last weekend for the first time. I was convinced there was no good counter service at MGM so I was pleasantly surprised at the wonderful meal I got here. I had the cuban sandwich, which originally came with plantain chips but I asked if I could get fries instead, Sure! no problem. I also had the chocolate mousse which was absolutely WONDERFUL! :teeth:

AT MGM we usually eat fast food at Cantina Eddies and Rosies Red Hots down by Tower of Terror.
We love Tusker House at AK
I would second Columbia House at MK
We usually do Sunshine Food at Epcot but last year ate at the fish and chips take out in England

We also like Comic Rays at the MK but the Columbia Harbour House is also quite good.

We like the Sunshine court at Epcot but I usually prefer to grab some counter service snacks in WS. A great way to sample! :)

SamanthaL - I think you are talking about Columbia Harbor House. I had fish and chips there, and they were really good. I also saw a salad that looked excellent. If you are in the mood for something besides burgers and fries, this is a great place to try, but I can't remember what the prices are like.

MK- Pinochio's Village Haus
MGM- ABC Commissionary

Two of the worst fast food places in WDW IMHO.

I agree on Cosmic Rays and the Tusker House. Colombia Harbor House is another good option, and for some reason I think they have the best fountain Cokes in all of WDW. :)

Anne

I'd avoid Pinochio's, not so much for the food which was okay, but it is right smack in the center of Fantasyland and a MOB scene to say the least. I had a headache from the noise there. We had a much better experience at the Columbia Harbour House; we went upstairs and had a great view of Frontierland and the decor was cute, too.

The hot dogs at this place on Main STreet... can't remember the name but it has the piano player by it... was good, but it was ONLY hot dogs. Still, it was nice to sit on the patio.

Well it's nice to get all this feedback. I think I'll write down all the places that were recommended. Then pick from those places. Seems to be a nice selection to pick from.

THanks for all your help.
Laura

We eat at Peco's Bills in frontierland at the magic kingdom on every trip and have never had a bad meal. We love there burgers with the fixin's bar.

My sister had told me that she had the "best hot dog ever" at Pinocchio's but I was still somewhat resistent to trying it. The prices seemed high for "just burgers & dogs." The day we stopped there I was very pleasantly surprised! The food was excellent & portions were huge! And yes, they were among the best hot dogs & hamburgers we've ever had - either that or we were exceptionally hungry. ;)

Columbia Harbor House is a "must-do" for us every trip.

We weren't thrilled with the ABC Commissary, but it wasn't awful or anything. . . just limited selections to our liking. We enjoyed Pizza Planet more, even though I'm not too keen on pizza.

At Epcot we always eat at Garden Grill. I think the only counter service we've done was at China & Mexico. Both were good despite the poor reviews they seem to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter