is this disturbing or what?

talk about nasty a couple days ago a boy was taken with a girl and the girl had a sister in vmk thats in love with the boys girl friend and then you probobly can guess..... he asked if im taken! eww! and i should of took a screen shot :artist: :bride: :bride: :dance3: popcorn::

how about that.
That room was set up by my friend Benn (the room owner). He got a warning message and had the room title changed (I think by VMK).

His stance is that Boys meet Girls clubs are all over VMK and even though it's the "norm", it's very in-your-face and prevalent in VMK. to gay/lesbian VMKers, having a boys meet girls club and not a boys meet boys or girls meet girls club is offensive, borderline discrimination. (seeing it from a Gay/lesbian point of view)

Oh, and gay/lesbian adults didn't just hatch..they were gay/lesbian children at one point. and if you know your preferences are a little different from the norm, wouldn't it be nice to have a place to go so you don't feel like you're all alone?

my two cents

LittleDragonErin said:
Here's a little VMK story that may shed some light on VMK Staff's views of the matter.

A few days ago, we (some friends and I) noticed a room on the popular list called "Boys Meet Boys Club" and in the description, it read something like, "You heard me right." Now I have no problems if people are gay or whatnot...that's their business. But we felt this was inappropriate for the target age group of VMK. If I had a child, I would not want to have to explain to them about the whole alternate lifestyles issue because they learned it in an online Disney game. So we reported the room to staff. Staff came and told us that the room was fine and that if we said anything to the owner we would get a ban. o_O (No I won't mention which staff, because that could be flaming.) So we left. But it still was disturbing to us. So one of use, who happens to be a Community Leader and parent of three who all play, decided to go find a staff member and explain the situation in a little more depth. And she did. The next day, she saw the room again in the popular list with the same title, but the description was changed and it read to the effect that staff had spoken to the owner and he was upset about having to change the description.

Now, I understand part of staff's decision. They do have an alert message about talking about politics, religion and that kind of stuff. My friend has gotten it before for talking about God. So yes, I understand that saying something negative to the owner about boys and boys would be against values in that sense. But at the same time, it is not an appropriate subject for 8-14 year olds in an online game. This is not a dating game. You make friends, yes. You don't start relationships.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

This is not a dating game. You make friends, yes. You don't start relationships.

People could meet someone and find them in the "real world" and start a relation ship tho. That's MY two cents.

This is not a dating game. You make friends, yes. You don't start relationships.

People could meet someone and find them in the "real world" and start a relation ship tho. That's MY two cents.

Switchfootrules said:

Which is completely against VMK values. They don't want anybody meeting anybody in real life through VMK. (Sure you may happen across somebody, but meetings set up through VMK is not allowed.) That is why we are not allowed to give out personal information.

Once this boy came up to me and said, Highlight if want to see>>>> *takes off pants* Ah!!!!!!!! ......very disturbing so I left while we walked around -_-

LittleDragonErin said:
Which is completely against VMK values. They don't want anybody meeting anybody in real life through VMK. (Sure you may happen across somebody, but meetings set up through VMK is not allowed.) That is why we are not allowed to give out personal information.

That's true littledragonerin. But in VMK you are allowed to make boy friends and girl friends. I asked VMK_Red and she said, 'It is allowed in VMK.' I was shocked but still, ITS GROSS. Having a boy friend or girl friend on VMK who you dont even know? Ugh.

kissmy_____katrina said:
Well, I don't want to get into all of the objectionable stuff, but I do have a memory from my first day in VMK.

I had gone into a game room, and the owner was sitting in a skeleton chair (I didn't know that though.) Well I blink for one second and the owner is gone and all I see is a skeleton. Then everyone starts saying that the owner dc. It was my first time hearing dc, and seeing the skeleton made me think dc meant deceased. :sad2: :sad2:

:rotfl2:

kissmy_____katrina said:
Well, I don't want to get into all of the objectionable stuff, but I do have a memory from my first day in VMK.

I had gone into a game room, and the owner was sitting in a skeleton chair (I didn't know that though.) Well I blink for one second and the owner is gone and all I see is a skeleton. Then everyone starts saying that the owner dc. It was my first time hearing dc, and seeing the skeleton made me think dc meant deceased. :sad2: :sad2:

LOL :lmao: When I first started VMK I had no clue what to do. I saw the words, 'Afk, Brb, Dc, Bbl, Jk, Rofl, Lol and all that other stuff, but never did I know what they meant. So I started interacting with some people I had to ask questions like what does this do and everything. Then I asked how do I make friends or what does this mean. They said - 'I dont know but are you taken?' Omg!!! Uh hello - I ask questions and you ask this? I had no clue what taken was back then but I kinda had an idea. I said no and he took me off my friends list because he taught me how to do it of course o_O.....Then a girl came up to me and then said, 'Dont you be messing with my boy friend!' Omg what a day that was >_< :rotfl:

This isn't from VMK but it's a bit disturbing. I keep getting ads for potty training stuff at top of posts when I'm reading them. :confused3 Is this the result of some spyware detecting all of my references to poop and farts or something? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That was a rhetorical question. :teeth:

Is this happening to anyone else?

qruthie (the 'q' is silent but not deadly)

qruthie said:
This isn't from VMK but it's a bit disturbing. I keep getting ads for potty training stuff at top of posts when I'm reading them. :confused3 Is this the result of some spyware detecting all of my references to poop and farts or something? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That was a rhetorical question. :teeth:

Is this happening to anyone else?

qruthie (the 'q' is silent but not deadly)

Same for me! I worry about the one titled, "Peter Potty" though... :rolleyes: lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter