Is this cheating?

soccer mom

DIS Veteran
We're thinking about staying at our favorite resort next winter, AKL. We will need two rooms because I talked my college kids into going with us (we have four kids). We will definately have Savannah View and have to pay $25 extra a night for three adults in one of the rooms. I would love to surprise them with concierge so we can do the Sunrise Safari, but can't really afford it for seven nights.

Question: Am I cheating if we stay concierge for two or three nights and then switch. I would request a room near concierge lounge, but not part of the concierge floor so we wouldn't have to change rooms (hopefully).

What do you think?

Not at all. Just make sure you stay in a concierge room on the days they offer the safari.

I'm sure you wouldn't be the first to do this. Just make sure you are in concierge when then tour is given. They will even help you move your stuff.

Not sure why you would consider that cheating. It's not a guarantee that they would be able to keep you in the same rooms, but I'm sure they would try. If they can keep the same rooms, they just wouldn't be on the concierge floor. Your room keys would give you access to it though. Technically, your first set of room keys would expire at midnight on the date you're scheduled to "check out" of concierge and you will need to have new keys made up.

Were you possibly thinking that you'd be cheating if you only upgraded one of the rooms to concierge for those 2 or 3 nights? Only those persons listed in that room would have the concierge privelages. I think maximum occupancy in a room is 5, so you could list that many even if they were staying in another room. It sounds like you have a party of 6 all together though. Just trying to understand your post a little bit better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter