Is this asking too much of a room request?

KPtoys

Life is a perpetual vacation
Is it too much to ask for the Polynesian people to ask to be put in a specific long house, specific end in the long house, specific side, specific floor, & close to the other couple going with us??

I know they dont promise the location but they try to accommodate. Am I asking for too much??

AND if I ask for all these things would they even consider a free upgrade since I am being overly specific??

You can call and have the reservations linked in the system. I think you are asking for too much. Priortize what is important.

We are linked, think i should just change the room requests to a specific room number and see if they give me one near it?

I wouldn't ask for a specific room number but a general area. If you get too specific and they can't grant the request they have no clue where else to put you.

Since you are trying to be near someone you are going to be more limited in choices when you check in. I would just put the specific longhouse and maybe the floor you want (or better yet, if you want a floor because of balcony/patio, simply request a balcony/patio) but asking for a specific end/side of the longhouse is pushing it. You will be lucky to get the longhouse and floor that you want.

Can they still link reservations for people who are traveling together, so they can at least end up in the same area?

For something like that I think I would try:

"Traveling with Smith party would like Tonga upper floor" the side of the building your in will probably be dictated by the view you booked.

I asked for a specific room number at WL last Jan and got the room next door. We were very suprised. Great view and location.
It never hurts to ask.

I think you are asking waaaaay too much! Ask for a specific longhouse and a floor if you want. DOn't count on it though. Last July we asked for Fiji, Samoa or Tokelau and got Aerotora. We asked for the same three in January and got an unexpected upgrade to MK view Tuvalu so you never know.

I personally think it lessens your chance of an upgrade when you are too overly specific. Also I've been told when you are traveling with another party (like we do in July with our in-laws) you actually have less of a chance of an upgrade because then they would have to upgrade both rooms.:scared1:

Make your requests in the order of what is the most important to you first. What is most important, longhouse, floor, view, or being near the other family?

I got two of my four requests at the Poly last fall. I had down next to my sis's family, non-smoking, 3rd floor Raratonga. I got next to my sis, non-smoking, first floor Tokelau.

I agree with the poster who stated that if you ask for something too specific, they might just put you anywhere if what you ask for is not available.

Does it help that we are going in September when there SHOULD be less people? Maybe it will be easier to accommodate all my requests since the Poly shouldnt be totally booked.

Does it help that we are going in September when there SHOULD be less people? Maybe it will be easier to accommodate all my requests since the Poly shouldnt be totally booked.

Personally, I still think it is too much. You need to prioritize the list. I have heard a good rule of thumb is no more than 3 requests.

I wouldn't count on Sept being that slow at the Polynesian. It's a pretty busy place.

We had a club level room booked there last Sept.. They experienced difficulties with a different building and had to move people around so we were bumped to GF.

I agree that it's too much. But good luck.

Keep in mind that with free dining there will likely be more people than usual.

I agree with the others - prioritize your requests and keep them to a minimum. I'd aim for no more than 3: x building, x floor, x view. Or, if the building is more important to you than view, say x or x building, balcony. That way even if you don't get the exact view or room you want, you may atleast get your preferred building.

OP--I'm not sure why you have decided you need to be so specific on where your room is located. :confused3 Why is your heart set on a certain floor, certain side, and so on? But please keep in mind that everything you are asking for are only requests. There is no guarantee that you will receive any of it. I just don't want you to be too disappointed if you end up elsewhere.:flower3:

Yeah, you guys are right. I knew it was too much. I guess I will limit it to a specific long house and part of the LH close to the other family. Hopefully they can accommodate.;)

I think the KISS principle applies...and they sure are not likely to upgrade someone that had so many specific requests, because if you were that set on where you wanted to be then an upgrade might not be what you wanted anyways...my suggestion if you are so concerned about a specific location would be to make a general request for a building and maybe even a floor and then check in VERY early in the day and politely ask at check in if you had been assigned to XXX building, on the XXX floor and if they say no ask if there is anyway you could be accomodated there...they will have a lot more room to play with at 7AM than they will at 4PM. You may have to wait all day to get into your room, but at least you will be where you want to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter