Is this a good deal for the dream maker package?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by zakatak, Aug 26, 2003.

1. zakatak

zakatak <font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like

Hi.

I was quoted a price of $776.38 for two adults, for three nights at CBR waterview room for Feb 4-7th. I also was quoted an AAA rate of $132 for the night of the 7th (no use for UPH as our flights leave early that day). So, total it would be $908.38 for 4 nights at CBR with UPH's (up until the last full day). This breaks even further down to $227.10 per night or $113 per person per night.

OK... whew... so, my question is this: I am a AP gal all the way. I have never purchased a package, it makes me nervous with all their "cancellation" laws. My family and I will be making a trip down in November 2004 for 5 nights so if I bought another AP for the February "girlfriend's" trip I would be ahead after the November trip (by $58). So, finally the question...

Should I book the package or test the waters for AP rates for the beginning of Feb? :eek:

Worse case senario is that AP rates DON'T come out, then I would be paying AAA rate for the room ($132 * 4) and an AP (since I would still be better off with it) which would bring my total to $66 per night plus AP $377.01.

Confused? I am too! ;)

OK, let me break it down some more for my own benefit (and yours if you are lost)...

Dream Maker Package = My share = $454.19 Room & Tickets
    Add on a 5 day hopper for Nov 2004 = $231.11 = $685.30

No AP rate but still buy an AP for both trips = $264 Room + $377.01 = $641.01

AP rate for Feb... Might possibly be $89?/night = $574.59 (Room + AP).

Still with me? :confused: Looks like I hope for AP rates, and settle for AAA rate plus get an AP.

What do you think?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. zakatak

zakatak <font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like

Hey, would anyone be interested in exchanging MUGS? I have two POR mugs from July, in very good shape. I would be interested in exchanging for recent CBR mugs, also in good shape.

Thanks!

PM me!

Karen