Is there

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Bertnie20, May 26, 2013.

1. Bertnie20

Bertnie20 Mouseketeer

Any hotels that a family of 8 can stay at, without paying for 2 rooms?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. 1osfan

1osfan Mouseketeer

Try the Cabins at the Wilderness.

4. tiki23

tiki23 <font color=darkorchid>Able to leap a double strol

They only sleep 6, so do the family suites. The "treehouses" at Saratoga Springs sleeps 8 or 9, so do other DVC resorts but the prices go up quite a bit from the standard rooms or family suites.

Try 2 connecting rooms at a Mod or Value- we were always happy with that arrangement.

5. Peachkins

Peachkins DIS Veteran

Here is a link to Disney's site that describes accommodations for larger groups:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/planning-guides/in-depth-advice/groups/

Looks like the deluxe resorts are the only ones with rooms/suites big enough for that many people. It will definitely be cheaper to just do two rooms at a value or even moderate resort, although the villas look really nice.

6. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

yes how many g's do you want to spend per night?

I think there is a suite at AKL thats for 8 thats $2,500 - 3,000 a night

7. joshsmom

joshsmom <font color=009933>I baked a cake, put on respecta

:scared1::scared1::scared1: :sick: :faint::faint::faint:

8. LadyBeBop

LadyBeBop DIS Veteran

Don't know how much it would be, but you could rent a trailer offsite, and it will be delivered directly to Fort Wilderness. I think they sleep up to 10.

9. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

If you don't mind being off-site, you can rent a 4-bedroom house in the Clermont area, 20 minutes outside of WDW, for less than $150/night.
    We rented through vrbo.com and the house included a game room, Internet and pool.

10. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

I have also seen off site vacation homes for up to 12 for around 150 a night with full Game rooms and your own pool.

11. Bertnie20

Bertnie20 Mouseketeer

That may be the way to go, holy moly, I was looking for my cousin who between her and her boyfriend/husband they have 6 kids. Ages 10 9 7 7 6 and 5 so they really don't want to split up. They are pretty broke too, but want to try and take the kids

12. Alesia

Alesia DIS Veteran

They could get 2 connecting (not adjoining) value rooms. If they're going to have a car anyway, they might find something cheaper off-site.

13. Mom2six

Mom2six DIS Veteran

I have six kids. We have done both the DVC resorts and 2 connecting moderate rooms. It is really no big deal to have two connecting rooms - you really aren't separated. The rooms aren't that big to begin with and the door is right there next to the beds.

I would suggest though if money is tight for them to stay off site. It really can be a lot cheaper! If they rented a vacation house or condo they would also have a full kitchen and could cook some of their meals at the house. Feeding 8 people at WDW costs a fortune! Unless they go during free dining!

14. Schmeck

Schmeck <font color=blue>Funny thing is now my 17 year old

She has a boyfriend or a husband? Or both? :rotfl:

If they will have a car down there, (that fits 8, woah!) I second the recommendation to rent an offsite house. If they don't have a car, staying on property might be the best, but more expensive bet. Will they all stay together all day, or do the younger ones need nap time?

15. Bertnie20

Bertnie20 Mouseketeer

Haha he is her boyfriend but more like her husband, they are both from divorced family's, and he doesn't want to get married because he feels its just a piece of paper, they are common law married tho, they are buying a house together and have been together for about 2 and a half years ;)

The kiddos won't need naps, but deff breaks. They would try to go durning free dining

16. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

even with free dining they still need to see if it would be cheaper to stay off site. they still have to do the math. :teacher:

17. pamkat1820

pamkat1820 Mouseketeer

I would go for 2 rooms at a value & hope for connecting. The only other option would be renting points but then the free dinning is off the table.

I would go with the value option with dinning. Good luck!