Is there really no August 2013 thread yet?

Can someone please tell me the dates for the August 2013 BB offer? Was that just for FD or did that include the 35%-off RO too?

When/if it's released to the public, is it usually for the same dates?

When did FD start this August?

I'm hoping to book soon and apply the discount if/when it's released without making too many changes to the dates, but we'd prefer to go the week of the 18th than the 25th.

I'd appreciate anything anyone can tell me! :goodvibes

mantysk8coach said:
I've been watching for an August 2013 code watch thread for a long time - seems like every other month in 2013 is covered, but somehow August got missed! Will I be the only person there in August?

So - who is hoping for the usual late-August free dining? Looks like it was announced in March last year, so we're in for a wait. :hourglass

My family and I are going in late August - Sept 2

Already boked with the Free Dining Bounceback 8/18-8/26. I'm going to extend the trip til 9/1 (with the free dining if announced or room only). Going back to POR.:woohoo:

Can someone please tell me the dates for the August 2013 BB offer? Was that just for FD or did that include the 35%-off RO too?

When/if it's released to the public, is it usually for the same dates?

When did FD start this August?

I'm hoping to book soon and apply the discount if/when it's released without making too many changes to the dates, but we'd prefer to go the week of the 18th than the 25th.

I'd appreciate anything anyone can tell me! :goodvibes

I never get lucky enough to get PIN codes that actually work for me (I'm a teacher, so can't take off during the school year), but I actually did! I got a RO offer for 8/11-9/28, and I booked it! :cool1:

So...nevermind my previous questions. RO works better for us (2) than FD. Good luck to you all!

Subbing. We are hoping to go to Orlando for 12 days and do ALL the parks - we went when DS was turning 5, and want to do the same for DD next year. We already have 3 tickets to US/IOA and will do the Sesame Place Platinum Passports to get in free to Busch, SW, and Aquatica (can't wait to see that!) DS will also want to do LegoLand, so we need to get our WDW stuff in order. I would LOVE to stay onsite with FD and feel drawn to AoA, Pop/Movies, or on the Moderate level, perhaps POR. Crossed fingers! :goodvibes

Free dining is never a good deal for us at Deluxe. Room discount is way better, and pay ing for DDP then free dining. We had a free dining BB in our room this August but passed on it. Last January we got a room discount 35% off deluxe that we used for our Aug 2012 trip at AKL. It was even better then the AP discount that was released for August, because BB had 35% off every day, and AP excludes weekends :rolleyes: which were priced at rack rate. I don't think so!!! This was the first time I ever heard of AP rates excluding weekends, so beware.

Would love help or direction for FD or discount for next August!!!! Planning on AKL club level 8/15 to 8/21 (all I could swing) but can rebook for FD or better discount. Any heads up would be greatly appreciated!

BigSteve

BigSteve said:
Would love help or direction for FD or discount for next August!!!! Planning on AKL club level 8/15 to 8/21 (all I could swing) but can rebook for FD or better discount. Any heads up would be greatly appreciated!

BigSteve

There are no specials for FD as of yet. Normally, they do offer it for August, however we usually go the last week when it's offered. I am not sure if the dates you have booked will qualify. Once the FD is announced, you can change your reservations to include it. Hope this helps.

So excited, finally got a PIN that we could use!!! Got the 35% off RO code and are booked at POR 8/13-8/20! Can't wait to get back to WDW :cool1:

I am so thrilled to have found this thread. We have booked 8/8 thru 8/17/13. I am still trying to learn about discounts and PIN codes. I have some reserach to do it looks like because we have been told there are currently no specials being offered for our dates. Thanks everyone for sharing!

I couldn't take it anymore, I received 35% off pin for my dates. Really wanted Free Dining, but booked: 8/28 - 9/4 at CBR preferred room. I figured at least I received a discount and when free dining comes out in March I will switch it to free dining if able, which I hope I can. I won't get hit with a fee will I?

73justme said:
I couldn't take it anymore, I received 35% off pin for my dates. Really wanted Free Dining, but booked: 8/28 - 9/4 at CBR preferred room. I figured at least I received a discount and when free dining comes out in March I will switch it to free dining if able, which I hope I can. I won't get hit with a fee will I?

You should be able to switch to free dining and shouldn't be a fee.

new to AUgust, we normally do september but with my kids getting older im worried about them missing the 2nd full week of school.

I'm currently booking in september 2013 with the FD BB but im gonna call and switch to August just wavering on dates. Id really like a room only discount though since we arn't huge eating it would save us more in the long run.

So tell me about AUgust, and i gonna melt? are the lines awful?

Natalie's Mommy said:
new to AUgust, we normally do september but with my kids getting older im worried about them missing the 2nd full week of school.

I'm currently booking in september 2013 with the FD BB but im gonna call and switch to August just wavering on dates. Id really like a room only discount though since we arn't huge eating it would save us more in the long run.

So tell me about AUgust, and i gonna melt? are the lines awful?

My family and I, go in August. Yes, it's hot and humid, but not every day and every minute. Occasional afternoon or evening downpour from anywhere's from 5min to an hour, have not gotten anything longer than that. The lines are not to bad, however we fastpass the popular ones. Our week is usually the 24th thru Labor Day. Have fun!

Hi all!! We're currently dreaming of an August 2013 trip. We're pinching pennies to see if we can make it work but a PIN, RO, or FD would make it a reality. We're currently looking at the 3rd through 10th, we can be flexible but I work in a school and have to report to work beginning on the 19th :o(. I have only gotten a PIN once and couldn't use it, wish I knew the secret to getting more LOL. We're planning on doing our first camping trip, should be interesting. It's me, hubby and twins ds 15 and dd 15.

WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE LABOR DAY WEEKEND. Low crowds, yes it is hot and sticky, but always have fun, much rather be hot and sticky in disney then hot and sticky in Boston.

This will be our 4th trip end of August beginning of September. Can't wait, already planning ADRs, lol

Subscribing to this thread!

Planning our next trip for end of August 2013. Would love free dining, want to stay in AoA, but would change hotels to get free dining. Are there any free dining codes out there now?

What is Play Stay and Dine that people mentioned?

I have not planned a Disney trip in a while, what has changed in the past 4 years?

Early August for us too. Just hoping for a RO or maybe a 4/3 or kids stay and play free would be good. I just know FD is pretty much not gonna happen for our dates so. Let's hope the pin gods will show some love anyway. :0)

Andie272 said:
Subscribing to this thread!

Planning our next trip for end of August 2013. Would love free dining, want to stay in AoA, but would change hotels to get free dining. Are there any free dining codes out there now?

What is Play Stay and Dine that people mentioned?

I have not planned a Disney trip in a while, what has changed in the past 4 years?

This is an email that I received from Leslie at Pixie Vacations

I have added you to the official 2013 Free Dining Mailing list but in
the meantime I wanted to reach out to you to let you know that Disney
HAS announced great discounts with room only and stay/play/dine which
gives you dining free for a ton of dates through March. Pixie
Vacations has also partnered with Disney group sales to offer NICE
discounts (up to 40% off) on rooms paired with discounted tickets and
ability to add dining WITH a free water parks or Disney Quest ticket
per person. We have those offers throughout Spring Break 2013, and one
week in April, May, June, July and October of 2013.
If you are interested in pricing please let me know what dates you
would be interested in and how many adults/children in your party.
When you book through me it doesn't stop there. As SOON as Disney
releases a new discount that potentially saves you more money I am on
the phone with Disney instantly applying that discount to save you
money, I LOVE to save my clients money! I also offer free concierge
service, making all of your dining reservations for you, free
itinerary and parks guide so you don't spend your vacation waiting in
line.
I am always available to you via phone, email and text even when you
are in Disney on your vacation.
I ALWAYS offer booking incentives like Disney gift cards/ personalized
Disney totes, etc. and my SERVICE IS FREE!!!!!
I look forward to helping you plan an amazing vacation to Disney with
your family!
Lesley

I'm not sure why but I have received a PIN offer pretty much every year for the last several years .... our last trip to WDW was in August 2007, the time before that was Dec 2005. They usually arrive by regular US mail on a over-sized postcard, but the latest one arrived via email. It is for mostly room-only discounts and some free dining rates, depending on dates.

I'm taking advantage of the room discount and booking a cabin at the campground - it's a 30% discount off of rack rates. This will be our first stay in a cabin on Disney property, however we have always stayed on property during out trips. We are limited as to when we can take vacations due to work for DH and I, and school for the children. So WDW in August 2013, here we come !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter