Is there Express Access for Pterandon Flyers?

cressy

Mouseketeer
I know that there is no FOTL for Pterandon Flyers, but can you sign up for an express pass? DD9 has never been able to do this ride, it's one of the things she wants to do for sure this time, and she won't be in the park til after 5:00 pm every day, so we can't get to it first thing in the am. If there isn't express access, should we maybe try for near closing time? Thanks!

My 7th grade grammar teacher would bean me for that run-on sentence!!LOL

Your best bet would be to go around closing. Sometimes it will get so empty over there at closing, they will ignore the height restriction and let two adults on one car...

There is no Universal Express access on this ride. The best bet is to do it right when the park opens. You can try near the end of the day too. People tend to crowd around Marvel Super Hero Island during the beginning and end of the day.

The last time we were at IOA was the month it opened. They had a special pre-opening for Fl. residents. All of the park wasn't even open yet. But we got in for a nominal fee and got PBH for a steal. We always get WDW season passes and and feel like if we're driving to Orlando we'll go there. Our DS is now 10 and old enough to want to ride the thrill rides. So we're finally going to but the AAA season passes to Universal, also. (How will we ever find time to make it to Orlando that many times? :confused: ) We're planning on spending our anniversary there this year.

I bet you're wondering what all this has to do with this thread...:) Well I do have a point behind all this. When we were there we stood in line at least 45 min. for Pteranadon Flyers. It was the longest line all day. It was also one of the worst rides I have ever ridden in a theme park. I was so upset over standing in line so long for this. Have they changed this ride any since it opened? If not, I'm surprised it's even still there. If it's the same I definitely don't want to stand in line again. Anyone know if they've changed it?

Rode it this May when we had FOTL access most everywhere else. Stood in line for 25 minutes for this ride, and they have warning signs up that it is only an 80 second ride.
Wanted to try it, 5 year old liked it, and lucky for us once was enough for him.
80 seconds!!!!! Maybe other rides out there last as long, but you get a little excitement along the way.

Okay, guys, I hear what you're saying. I guess we'll just head over there a couple of nights at closing and see if there's a line, and bag it if there is. thanks.

I always dream about flying (but then I always wake up:( ).
This is one of my favorite rides because it feels like I am flying (but actually awake!:D )

I think rides like X-Flight at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure or Superman Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Over Georgia gives a better sensation of flight.

Oooohhhh, never been there! Sounds like my kind of ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter